Android TV Box

eauyong

Reaction score
depends on your usage.

if you are just running iptv, and movies apps, any 2GB RAM S905x boxes will run as well.

if you are running games, then you need more power, then it is useful to get more power chips and bigger RAM, suggest S905X3 chip with 4GB RAM.

Agree.

S922X (expensive)
S905X3
S905X2
S905X (Xiaomi MI BOX-S 2/8GB)

--

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes that is true. If you are interested in preloaded boxes, then EVpad and UBox are better choices.

If you want to spend time on installing apps then there are other choices like Mi Box S or generic boxes based on S905X2/S905X3, they are usually below S$100.

Hi Xiaofan, I recently bought a S905X3 box 4/32GB and it runs very cool and fast.

I have good news. Remember the TX5 Max 4/32GB S905X2 I bought earlier and it died? I managed to flash it back to life!

I know why it didn't work previously. That's because when I used Amlogic Burning Tool, I stopped when there is an error while flashing. This time, when there's an error, I just pull the male to male cable out and push it back in again. After about 5 times (in and out), the box was flashed successfully.

:s13:

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Xiaofan, I recently bought a S905X3 box 4/32GB and it runs very cool and fast.

I have good news. Remember the TX5 Max 4/32GB S905X2 I bought earlier and it died? I managed to flash it back to life!

I know why it didn't work previously. That's because when I used Amlogic Burning Tool, I stopped when there is an error while flashing. This time, when there's an error, I just pull the male to male cable out and push it back in again. After about 5 times (in and out), the box was flashed successfully.

Hope you don't mind sharing where did you bought the S905X3 box 4/32gb from? And the price as well?

Do you have to side load certain apps for this android box? Some apps may not be available on the Play Store for some boxes.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Great. Now you have two good working boxes. Thanks for the updates.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope you don't mind sharing where did you bought the S905X3 box 4/32gb from? And the price as well?

Do you have to side load certain apps for this android box? Some apps may not be available on the Play Store for some boxes.

Of course can share

49749493087_d16c77c7ca_b.jpg

Paid $46.99 after discount from Qoo10, bought it in Jan.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Great. Now you have two good working boxes. Thanks for the updates.

In addition, the S905X3 is much more straight forward to flash.

Amlogic is pretty easy but how about your experience with other CPUs? Easy to flash too?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In addition, the S905X3 is much more straight forward to flash.

Amlogic is pretty easy but how about your experience with other CPUs? Easy to flash too?

for amlogic, there is easier way to flash, just copy the firmware to thumbdrive, add a small text file to define parameters, plug in and power on then the update will perform by itself.

andyrmit

Reaction score
This box UI easy to navigate?

Can download apps easily to watch HK TW China and Hollywood movies?

Looking for easy UI, fast box with no lag just for watching movies.

Of course can share

49749493087_d16c77c7ca_b.jpg

Paid $46.99 after discount from Qoo10, bought it in Jan.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good to hear. Did you use the PC connect male-male usb cable to TV box and flash with Amlogic_USB_Burning_Tool software?

Yes, that's how I did it but sometimes got to remove cable and connect back a few times if flash fail halfway.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This box UI easy to navigate?

Can download apps easily to watch HK TW China and Hollywood movies?

Looking for easy UI, fast box with no lag just for watching movies.

S905X3 is very fast and cooling, don't even need fan.

It usually comes with Android 9 so any app that supports that can be used.

UI looks exactly like this

7-ram-4GB-S905x3-android-tv-box-in-2020.jpg

Quite easy to navigate. Not happy can easily flash to another compatible box with same model.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for amlogic, there is easier way to flash, just copy the firmware to thumbdrive, add a small text file to define parameters, plug in and power on then the update will perform by itself.

Oh wow, that sounds perfect.

I've tried using burn card maker to create a microSD card but both boxes can't seem to boot from it.

andyrmit

Reaction score
Which program you use to write? Some they insist on old windows.. this box can use micro SD to flash? Can you help provide the software etc on google drive?

S905X3 is very fast and cooling, don't even need fan.

It usually comes with Android 9 so any app that supports that can be used.

UI looks exactly like this

7-ram-4GB-S905x3-android-tv-box-in-2020.jpg

Quite easy to navigate. Not happy can easily flash to another compatible box with same model.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We used paid app to view.
You can search around in Shopee website

I think not many people know that paid apps these days are pretty affordable already.

In fact, I have meWATCH in my box, don't even need free to air box :s13:. Netflix, Viu, etc more than enough.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which program you use to write? Some they insist on old windows.. this box can use micro SD to flash? Can you help provide the software etc on google drive?

I use Windows 10, just updated too so I'm sure it works on the latest Windows.

I tried using SD card but it didn't work.

Look for Amlogic_USB_Burning_Tool_v2.2.0 and Burn Card Maker 202. Burn Card Maker is for SD card but it didn't work for me.

maddogkiller0

Reaction score
Does this work? OEM version?

Hi guys, just wondering how you all see this box? Can update ROM over the air? OEM version? can root and flash easily ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.