HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Android TV Box

Like Tree552Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2019, 01:47 PM   #2056
Supremacy Member

mi box s can view singapore channel 5 and 8?
Tony_Chua is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 06:04 PM   #2057
Master Member

mi box s can view singapore channel 5 and 8?
If you want the best performance for local over the air TV, then get a DVB-T2 Tuner Box and an Antenna.

Toggle app can not be installed on Mi Box S. It does support Chromecast feature. However previously there were some reports of problems with the built-in Chromecast feature of Mi Box S. Not sure if the issue has been fixed from Toggle side or not.

I saw you asked in the Xiaomi TV box thread as well. Hopefully the owners of Mi Box S can chime in and confirm whether Toggle works or not with Mi Box S now.

Last edited by xiaofan; 01-06-2019 at 06:07 PM..
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:28 PM   #2058

you can use "Titanium Backup" to take a snapshot of all your apps/data before flashing.
Thanks choo
Shawncck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:27 AM   #2059

How to watch live sports like NBA basketball games or Premier League football games with Mi Box S ?
I currently watch live sports via reddit online live streaming. Does Mi Box S have browsers like Chrome or IE where i can go to online live streams to catch live sports?

Any other better ways to watch live sports with Mi Box S?

Many thanks in advance for advice n recommendations.

buyorsell
buyorsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:04 AM   #2060
Master Member

How to watch live sports like NBA basketball games or Premier League football games with Mi Box S ?
I currently watch live sports via reddit online live streaming. Does Mi Box S have browsers like Chrome or IE where i can go to online live streams to catch live sports?

Any other better ways to watch live sports with Mi Box S?

Many thanks in advance for advice n recommendations.

buyorsell
Not advicable to use browser on mibox to watch video

The better way is to continue to use chrome on pc or handphone, then chromecast the video to mibox.
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:01 PM   #2061

Mi box S keypad remote

Hi, is it possible to use another remote with number pad on mi box s to change channel on Singtel tv go by pressing the number pad? The mi box s remote control dun come w number pad.
Shawncck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:05 PM   #2062
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is there any android tv box which can stream live sports channels? Looking at getting one for my dad to watch his golf. Currently the one he’s using is the old gen ubtv (I think) that my hub gave him. The current one is v old & a lot of channels can’t stream anymore. Looking to get a new one for him but preferably not too ex as he only uses it to watch golf. TIA!
p_eppermint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:12 AM   #2063
Master Member

Is there any android tv box which can stream live sports channels? Looking at getting one for my dad to watch his golf. Currently the one he’s using is the old gen ubtv (I think) that my hub gave him. The current one is v old & a lot of channels can’t stream anymore. Looking to get a new one for him but preferably not too ex as he only uses it to watch golf. TIA!
You may need to decide on the apps first and then figure out the box to buy. You may have to use Google for the apps.

You may also want to ask on this thread to see if it is just easier to upgrade to a new Ubox.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...38179-102.html

Last edited by xiaofan; 04-06-2019 at 09:15 AM..
Old 04-06-2019, 09:55 AM   #2064
Arch-Supremacy Member

You may need to decide on the apps first and then figure out the box to buy. You may have to use Google for the apps.

You may also want to ask on this thread to see if it is just easier to upgrade to a new Ubox.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...38179-102.html
thanks, but i actually read abt ubox being banned or sth liddat, dont want to take the risk my dad & i are not really tech savvy so i'm looking at sth easy to configure. i'm fine w d/l-ing apps, but not sure which apps to d/l to stream live sports? i read some of your posts where you advised that pre-installed apps are not recommended. can explain why? cos i saw a few sellers selling boxes w pre-installed apps that can enable us to watch live tv. thought that would be easier for us...
Old 04-06-2019, 01:10 PM   #2065
Master Member

thanks, but i actually read abt ubox being banned or sth liddat, dont want to take the risk my dad & i are not really tech savvy so i'm looking at sth easy to configure. i'm fine w d/l-ing apps, but not sure which apps to d/l to stream live sports? i read some of your posts where you advised that pre-installed apps are not recommended. can explain why? cos i saw a few sellers selling boxes w pre-installed apps that can enable us to watch live tv. thought that would be easier for us...
Because the preloaded apps can not last long and you will not get support by the sellers then, or they will charge you again. You can say Ubox and EVpad are also the preloaded boxes but at least they are the better ones that you may have some hopes of getting support from the companies behind them or from peers, unlike the boxes selling in some other places where the sellers can run away any time.

The easiest way is to subscribe to SingTel TV or Starhub TV if you are willing to pay.

If you are not willing to pay, then you have to use Google or find friends to help you to find the right place to ask for help. This forum is not the right place to talk about live sports apps (often illegal).

Last edited by xiaofan; 04-06-2019 at 04:28 PM..
Old 04-06-2019, 01:29 PM   #2066
Master Member

For sports channel which is mostly paid channels.
Thus android apps maybe illegal to use even though some will charge you a yearly subscription.
At this point of time I would suggest the EVPAD box which has many sellers and at least you will get some sort of support if run in problem.
CPTMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:09 PM   #2067

Not sure if this is the right thread but how do i set up an android tv?
shenjingbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:19 PM   #2068
Master Member

Not sure if this is the right thread but how do i set up an android tv?
Which Android TV? Just follow the vendor guide? Usually you will need to pair the remote, connect to WiFi, log in to your Google account. Sometimes you may need to tune the Display resolution and Timezone settings.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:25 PM   #2069
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ah i see. Oops sorry didn’t know it was illegal to discuss the apps. Thanks for the info!!

Because the preloaded apps can not last long and you will not get support by the sellers then, or they will charge you again. You can say Ubox and EVpad are also the preloaded boxes but at least there are the better ones that you may have some hopes of getting support from the companies behind them or from peers, unlike the boxes selling in some other places where the sellers can run away any time.

The easiest way is to subscribe to SingTel TV or Starhub TV if you are willing to pay.

If you are not willing to pay, then you have to use Google or find friends to help you to find the right place to ask for help. This forum is not the right place to talk about live sports apps (often illegal).
Old 04-06-2019, 03:26 PM   #2070
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks! I don’t see many sellers of evpad box online by doing a search of “tv box” though hmm. Lemme go check it out

For sports channel which is mostly paid channels.
Thus android apps maybe illegal to use even though some will charge you a yearly subscription.
At this point of time I would suggest the EVPAD box which has many sellers and at least you will get some sort of support if run in problem.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.