HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Android TV Box

Like Tree552Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2018, 10:01 PM   #196

May i check with you guys here, as for the movie is up to which year? Can it upgrade to latest this year movie?
RockStar9238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 01:30 PM   #197
Supremacy Member

What is the biggest factor while considering a TV box? So far I noticed RAM as the part of the spec. Mibox although is official, seems to be Chinese and also has only 1gb ram. Other boxes are out there with 2 GB and some 3gb ram. So should I consider those with higher ram over mi box?

I bought Roku couple of months back and it was a big mistake. It has only US specific apps. Only Netflix and YouTube work. Not even Amazon works. I wish people here had given me proper advice. I advice everyone don't buy Roku. It is useless outside of US. Even VPN with Roku is useless as Amazon doesn't work over VPN.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 07:12 PM   #198

What is the biggest factor while considering a TV box? So far I noticed RAM as the part of the spec. Mibox although is official, seems to be Chinese and also has only 1gb ram. Other boxes are out there with 2 GB and some 3gb ram. So should I consider those with higher ram over mi box?

I bought Roku couple of months back and it was a big mistake. It has only US specific apps. Only Netflix and YouTube work. Not even Amazon works. I wish people here had given me proper advice. I advice everyone don't buy Roku. It is useless outside of US. Even VPN with Roku is useless as Amazon doesn't work over VPN.

The Roku is as much an android TV box as the Apple TV.

I suggest you see this guy videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/cvyas8/videos

he reviewed a lot of media boxes including Android boxes
dryteletubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2018, 06:50 PM   #199

Anyone has problems installing toggle.sg in you android box? Doesn't seem to work for me.
VigilanteX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2018, 07:51 PM   #200
Supremacy Member

Anyone has problems installing toggle.sg in you android box? Doesn't seem to work for me.
Your android box is Android box OS or Android phone OS?

I guess not all apps that are available on Android phone OS are available on Android box OS. This makes even very expensive boxes like Nvidia shield pretty much useless.

This is why I have decided to stay with Chromecast and if an app is not Chromecast capable, then I use screencast.

csc12345678 likes this.
Old 25-06-2018, 08:25 AM   #201

Your android box is Android box OS or Android phone OS?

I guess not all apps that are available on Android phone OS are available on Android box OS. This makes even very expensive boxes like Nvidia shield pretty much useless.

This is why I have decided to stay with Chromecast and if an app is not Chromecast capable, then I use screencast.

I tried it on the Mecool customised version of Android. Not the Mecool android TV version. But cannot. The mecool customised version is not tablet/phone android?

pic attached.
Old 25-06-2018, 08:53 AM   #202
Supremacy Member

I tried it on the Mecool customised version of Android. Not the Mecool android TV version. But cannot. The mecool customised version is not tablet/phone android?

pic attached.
It seems to have phone Android. You should be able to install. Maybe you can list down the steps you are following and what error you get, people here could help.

Old 26-06-2018, 09:14 AM   #203

It seems to have phone Android. You should be able to install. Maybe you can list down the steps you are following and what error you get, people here could help.

Actually, I might have given the wrong impression. After installing toggle, when I open the toggle app, its just stuck at the initial screen. Does not go into the toggle app main menu.
So I guess it is still a failed installation. Even though during installation, I can go through the screen to install and press done. This happened when i tried to install toggle version 3.4.1. early in June. Never tried again after that. Or is it just a problem with that particular version? But fine when I tried it on a android phone.

Last edited by VigilanteX; 26-06-2018 at 09:17 AM..
Old 28-06-2018, 06:26 PM   #204

Heard unblock tech devices have poor internet speed, causing the channels to lag (sometimes)

undecided between the Q Box 4K Android Box and the Unblock Tech
don't know which one to get ?
Dreamerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:12 PM   #205

how do you even do it

https://riverfrontresidencesofficial.com/
stani0502 likes this.
RyanTanTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:48 AM   #206
Master Member

FTP Server / Daemon

hi !

Anyone has installed FTP Server/Daemon on the Box ? I've tried several but I'm facing some problems.
Some servers are read-only. I found one that allows me to create or delete files/folders BUT does NOT allow me to move files from one folder to another.
Is it a limitation for Android that I cannot move files within the box or just the app ?
Thanks.
csc12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 02:25 PM   #207

hi !

Anyone has installed FTP Server/Daemon on the Box ? I've tried several but I'm facing some problems.
Some servers are read-only. I found one that allows me to create or delete files/folders BUT does NOT allow me to move files from one folder to another.
Is it a limitation for Android that I cannot move files within the box or just the app ?
Thanks.
If you are just moving files around on your TV box why do you need a FTP server app?
Old 09-07-2018, 03:04 PM   #208
Master Member

If you are just moving files around on your TV box why do you need a FTP server app?

I'm trying to use my box like a NAS... not heavy duty.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:20 PM   #209

I'm trying to use my box like a NAS... not heavy duty.
You can't directly move files . You have to use FTP to download the file then use FTP to upload it again

Last edited by dryteletubby; 09-07-2018 at 04:30 PM..
Old 09-07-2018, 05:46 PM   #210
Master Member

Well it's a FTP server. Why not ? Is Android preventing this or just the app ?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.