Android TV Box

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Need some advise bought mibox s is it called mibox 4 , we can’t get any sound from the box and the internal storage is 5.4gb not 8gb
Can help advise how to get sound is it need to get a audio cable ?

Check the model number, Mi Box S has the model MDZ-22-AB. It runs official Google Android TV OS. You can buy it from Shopee or Lazada.

Ref: https://www.mi.com/us/mi-box-s

As for sound, are you using HDMI cable?

As for storage, it is normal you get 5.4GB since the system will also occupy some spaces.

Do not buy the China model Mi Box 4. 小米盒子4.
https://m.mi.com/commodity/detail/7599

AlainTan

Reaction score
Thanks Xiao Fan
Have checked it is the same model number and it’s mibox s version

We got it at Qoo10 with some discount as the tv we bought from TB doesn’t come with android system but charge us for the price with it .

Just manage to solve the sound issue we reset and sound just auto works

Yes using HDMI cable the volume quite low
Even i use chromecast to cast the volume sounds louder than using the xiaomi youtude app itself

Thanks buddy

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks Xiao Fan
Have checked it is the same model number and it’s mibox s version

We got it at Qoo10 with some discount as the tv we bought from TB doesn’t come with android system but charge us for the price with it .

Just manage to solve the sound issue we reset and sound just auto works

Yes using HDMI cable the volume quite low
Even i use chromecast to cast the volume sounds louder than using the xiaomi youtude app itself

Thanks buddy

Use the remote to adjust the volume.

andyrmit

Reaction score
My new android box 9.0 after I download some apps from play store, I can’t download any more.

I follow google advice to clear data and cache and remove most apps, account and restart also can’t download any app anymore.

How to resolve this?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My new android box 9.0 after I download some apps from play store, I can’t download any more.

I follow google advice to clear data and cache and remove most apps, account and restart also can’t download any app anymore.

How to resolve this?

since it is new, factory reset it.

what are the apps you downloaded? I thought there isn't any good apps in playstore for tv box?

andyrmit

Reaction score
since it is new, factory reset it.

what are the apps you downloaded? I thought there isn't any good apps in playstore for tv box?

Actually I factory reset twice and tried to Download Linyi and a few popular ones and they still always in downloading mode. Can I conclude maybe the apps are busy? During weekend....

I like to watch a few things:

1. HK, Korean, Taiwan and China dramas
2. HK and Taiwan news
3. Hollywood movies

Do you have any recommendations to where I can get them?

4. My friend asked me Indian Hindi movieszz

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score

AlainTan

Reaction score
I can’t find meWATCH on google play store to install on my mibox S , anyone know where and how to install to watch local channel ?

Thank you

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can’t find meWATCH on google play store to install on my mibox S , anyone know where and how to install to watch local channel ?

Thank you

Cast from phone is the recommended method.

Once start the cast, you can use your phone or other things or even shutting down your phone.

AlainTan

Reaction score
Thanks Xiaofan

Is it using chromecast build in mibox or is there another app to install to cast ?

Thank you so much

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks Xiaofan

Is it using chromecast build in mibox or is there another app to install to cast ?

Thank you so much

Using Chromecast buit-in function of Mi Box S.

Starhub Go is another such app.

SingTel Cast and SingTel TV Go are natively supported by Mi Box S' Google Pay Store.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually I factory reset twice and tried to Download Linyi and a few popular ones and they still always in downloading mode. Can I conclude maybe the apps are busy? During weekend....

I like to watch a few things:

1. HK, Korean, Taiwan and China dramas
2. HK and Taiwan news
3. Hollywood movies

Do you have any recommendations to where I can get them?

4. My friend asked me Indian Hindi movieszz

how did you do factory reset? did wipe cache partition as well?

32_H2O

Reaction score
Does anyone know are the 5 live channels in TVBanywhere+ real time with HKG or are they delayed transmission by one day? Thanks!

Posted from PCWX using BLA-L29

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.