HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Android TV Box

Like Tree552Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2019, 12:00 PM   #2596
Master Member

What's an affordable box with a fast chip and SD card slot, if want to play some games? I am comparing the generic Android boxes and Minix, but Minix seems to be the same models from few years ago, dunno if worth buying.
If you want really to play some serious games, you may want to look at Nvidia Shield TV for best experience. Or just buy Nintendo Switch.

For general Android games, S922X based boxes should be good enough and better than Minix S912 based NEO U9-H or S905X2 based latest Minix NEO T5.

You can look at Beelink GT-King, said to be good enough for games like pubg and emulators until Wii.

https://androidpctv.com/review-beelink-gt-king/

https://troypoint.com/beelink-gt-king/

Last edited by xiaofan; 08-12-2019 at 12:28 PM..
xiaofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:31 PM   #2597

For general Android games, S922X based boxes should be good enough and better than Minix S912 based NEO U9-H or S905X2 based latest Minix NEO T5.

You can look at Beelink GT-King, said to be good enough for games like pubg and emulators until Wii.
Thanks xiaofan! Saw your previous messages on this thread. Very useful.
elanwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:48 PM   #2598
Master Member

https://www.cnx-software.com/2019/12...on-android-10/

Google did not provide the full specifications, but ADT-3 is equipped with a quad-core Cortex A53 processor coupled with 2GB DDR3 memory, and supports 4Kp60 HDR video playback and output via an HDMI 2.1 output port. That probably means the box is powered by an Amlogic S905X2 processor since few other TV box SoCs combine 4x A53 cores with HDMI 2.1.

The device is pre-certified, and will receive updates and security patches to help developers design applications for the next generation of Android TV devices, and ensure compatibility.

Google ADT-3 will not be sold to consumers, only developers, which will be able to purchase the kit through an OEM partner.

Announcement page:
https://android-developers.googleblo...id-tv.html?m=1

Last edited by xiaofan; 12-12-2019 at 08:51 PM..
Old 14-12-2019, 07:49 AM   #2599

can share this reliable iptv contact with me please. thank you.

Yea man, but i manage to get one dealer who deal with MYIPTV at low
price. After transfer within 1min u get the PinCODE.

Trustable and been with him for 2years and still active.

Cheers.
pete10pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2019, 11:30 PM   #2600
Master Member

Alternative to Android TV boxes. Take note Amazon FireTV devices runs Android and Starhub Go Streaming Box runs Android TV OS.

This is to complement my posts in Page 94 of this thread.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/t...678618-94.html

1. SingTel TV box and Starhub boxes, no 4K contents.

User friendly, subscription may be expensive especially for sports related packages.

2. Apple TV 4k
Netflix 4k supported but not YouTube 4K. Very good for Apple users. But there are less apps available for example IPTV and VPN apps.

3. Google Chromecast dongle and Chromecast Ultra (4k)

Good for the apps supported the Google Cast protocol. Chromecast Ultra is rather pricy for the function but it does support Ethernet for more stable streaming.

4. HTPC
Very flexible with all kinds of apps. More difficult to set up.

5. Gaming console like Xbox One S /X and PS4 /PS4 Pro.

Capable stream box but still lacks apps.

6.Samsung/LG smart TV

Very good for Netflix for high picture quality. Lack of apps, for example VPN.

7. Smart TV running Google Android TV OS, like those from Sony and TCL.

Good app support but need to be careful not to install too many apps which may slow down the system.

8. Smart TV running on modified Android OS, like Xiaomi Patchwall based smart TV.

Not as good as Android TV OS if you need Netflix 4K and YouTube 4k.

9. Roku device
Very good in US but not as good in Singapore.

Last edited by xiaofan; 14-12-2019 at 11:41 PM..
Old 14-12-2019, 11:32 PM   #2601
Master Member

Apple TV
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/a...209888-61.html

Latest Android TV boxes.
1) Nvidia Shield TV is still king of Android TV boxes.
Nvidia Shield TV 2019 is good for streaming.
Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 is good for gaming.

2) Latest Amlogic S922X (or similar) based boxes
Amazon FireTV Cube Gen 2 2019 is a very good device on the higher end (FireTV Stick 4K is good value in the low end side).

Then there are boxes like Beelink GT-King and GT-King Pro, Ugoos AM6 and AM6 Pro. They are pretty good boxes but may not really worth buying unless you want to play more demanding Android games.

3) New Amlogic S905X3 based box like Beelink GT1 Mini 2, ugoos design X3 Cube and Tanix TX3 are out and will be even more popular and lower cost in 2020. This will make it not worth buying generic boxes based on other CPUs.

4) Unfortunately other than the new Nvidia Shield TV 2019, there are no really much new boxes running official Android TV boxes and certified by Netflix. So Mi Box S remains the best value under sub-S$100.

5) Amazon FireTV Stick 4k is still of good value. Amazon FireTV Cube 2nd Gen is also worth looking at.

Last edited by xiaofan; 15-12-2019 at 12:06 AM..
Old 15-12-2019, 02:49 PM   #2602

You can also consider (pre-loved) Nvidia Shield TV 2017, it can be under $200.

Even the 2015 version still wins the latest boxes.
Old 15-12-2019, 05:13 PM   #2603
Supremacy Member

You can also consider (pre-loved) Nvidia Shield TV 2017, it can be under $200.

Even the 2015 version still wins the latest boxes.
also Nvidia's support is top notch!
out of warranty console. bricked while updating. they replace it foc.
even fedex the shipping and return... u just need to print the pickup slip they prepared and call fedex to pick up the package
and u'll get ur new console + a new power adaptor in 2 days ^^
Old 16-12-2019, 08:50 AM   #2604
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just brought a samsung qled tv and learnt that samsung remote can be program to control android tv boxes as well, however evpad is not under the listed brand when trying to setup the ONEREMOTE function. Anyone have luck how to use samsung remote to control evpad?
sgbdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2019, 09:08 AM   #2605
Arch-Supremacy Member

xiaomi box S is the way to go if u are looking at a cheaper one
Glariel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2019, 07:42 PM   #2606

Can watch any Taiwanese or Korean tv shows on Mi Box S?
ichinisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2019, 10:38 PM   #2607
Master Member

Can watch any Taiwanese or Korean tv shows on Mi Box S?
It all depends on the app.

For example you can subscribe SingTel Cast Chinese Plus Pack.
https://www.singtel.com/personal/pro...t/chinese-plus

And Viu for Korean shows.
https://www.singtel.com/personal/pro...st/viu-premium

Mi Box S supports SingTel Cast. And you can cast to TV with Viu Premium and Mi Box S' built-in Chromecast function.
Old 23-12-2019, 03:07 AM   #2608

Having some issues with my Mi Box S hope the bros here can help me out.

I have it paired with a Mi TV 4S Global version, and notice that when i scroll through the apps, or within the Netflix app, scroll from show to show, the screen will flicker once before the preview/auto-play starts playing. When playing YouTube or Netflix videos however, buttery smooth with no flickering. It only happens when scrolling through apps/videos.

I have tried different HDMI cable, different HDMI port, and even put the Mi Box S on another TV, not able to replicate the problem. I don't think it's the TV issue as my Mi TV 4S is global version so comes with Playstore (only no Netflix) and it doesn't flicker as i scroll through the apps or in YouTube.

Might be an issue with the resolution in Mi Box S but i've tried 4k/1080p/etc still flickers.

Have searched Google but doesn't seem to have anyone else facing the same issue.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Will try to take a video and post here soon.
RaptureM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2019, 07:30 AM   #2609
Master Member

Having some issues with my Mi Box S hope the bros here can help me out.

I have it paired with a Mi TV 4S Global version, and notice that when i scroll through the apps, or within the Netflix app, scroll from show to show, the screen will flicker once before the preview/auto-play starts playing. When playing YouTube or Netflix videos however, buttery smooth with no flickering. It only happens when scrolling through apps/videos.

I have tried different HDMI cable, different HDMI port, and even put the Mi Box S on another TV, not able to replicate the problem. I don't think it's the TV issue as my Mi TV 4S is global version so comes with Playstore (only no Netflix) and it doesn't flicker as i scroll through the apps or in YouTube.

Might be an issue with the resolution in Mi Box S but i've tried 4k/1080p/etc still flickers.

Have searched Google but doesn't seem to have anyone else facing the same issue.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Will try to take a video and post here soon.
This one is strange. No idea from my side. I have not encountered this issue with my Mi Box S on my monitor or dumb TV (both 1080p).

You may want to ask in the Mi Box thread.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...537957-71.html

Or maybe the Mi TV thread.
Old 23-12-2019, 09:09 AM   #2610

This one is strange. No idea from my side. I have not encountered this issue with my Mi Box S on my monitor or dumb TV (both 1080p).

You may want to ask in the Mi Box thread.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...537957-71.html

Or maybe the Mi TV thread.
Thank you bro! Yeap i tried the box on 2 other TVs no issue. Only on my Mi TV 4S. And not able to display 4k 60hz, only goes up to 4k 30hz.
RaptureM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.