www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Tech Show Central (SITEX 2019) (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-show-central-sitex-2019-394/)
-   -   Android TV Box (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-show-central-sitex-2019-394/android-tv-box-5678618.html)

bryan09 15-01-2020 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregory_choo (Post 124619695)
collect enough $$$, time to move on :s13:

Oh gosh. :(

xiaofan 15-01-2020 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryan09 (Post 124619028)
Anyone still using GeekBoxSG? Seems like their dead now or is it?

Not using it and the website seems to be down. However there is a kiosk in Jurong Point JP2 selling the Geekbox only and not other stuff. Business seems to be so so but they are there for sometimes already. There are two more kiosks selling preloaded boxes along with other accessories. The Remax shop also sells Redbean TV boxes.

In general do not buy these preloaded boxes sold in Shopping Centres.

But if you already bought the Geekbox you can still try to use it (even if the bundled iptv and VOD apps no longer work). Just learn to install other apps.

windwaver 16-01-2020 09:50 PM

Xiaofan, come to think of it, why people cannot install EVpad or Unblock apps on their empty Android boxes (e.g. Tanix, Beelink, etc)?

xiaofan 16-01-2020 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windwaver (Post 124639925)
Xiaofan, come to think of it, why people cannot install EVpad or Unblock apps on their empty Android boxes (e.g. Tanix, Beelink, etc)?

Because the app check the HW/FW info on the box.

windwaver 17-01-2020 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaofan (Post 124640226)
Because the app check the HW/FW info on the box.

Maybe can spoof or crack apk?

xiaofan 17-01-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windwaver (Post 124645058)
Maybe can spoof or crack apk?

No point. They upgrade pretty often.

You can subscribe to Sunshine IPTV which is said to power the EVpad IPTV technology. But then the price is about S$80 per year -- better to buy EVpad 3S at around S$120 in that case.

windwaver 17-01-2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaofan (Post 124645088)
No point. They upgrade pretty often.

You can subscribe to Sunshine IPTV which is said to power the EVpad IPTV technology. But then the price is about S$80 per year -- better to buy EVpad 3S at around S$120 in that case.

I see. Maybe it's tough for authorities to enforce legal rights on EVpad or Unblock because their servers are overseas.

xiaofan 17-01-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windwaver (Post 124649387)
I see. Maybe it's tough for authorities to enforce legal rights on EVpad or Unblock because their servers are overseas.

Not really. Take note Ubox IPTV already got blocked by SG authority. It is just the workaround is pretty easy -- changing DNS.

Eventually they will get shut down or go out of business. But it probably takes time.

Now they are selling pure box without the IPTV/VOD apps in Taiwan to work around the law. The sales will go down. Imagine that also happen in Singapore and Malaysia. The sales will go down too.

Both are banned in mainland China too prior to the ban in Taiwan, for other reasons (hidden adult channels).

BTW, big IPTV providers also get sued and many websites related to pirate streaming of live TV have been closed down due to DMCA.

Ref: US$50 million penalty for IPTV providers

https://dimitrology.com/iptv-supplie...iracy-damages/

Over the past years, ACE has built a steady track record of successful cases against IPTV providers and services. In addition to Omniverse, it also helped to shut down SetTV, Dragon Box, TickBox, Vader Streams, and many third-party Kodi addons.

windwaver 17-01-2020 05:09 PM

I see.

Personally I find Netflix more than enough and I stick to toggle for Live TV :).

FinchGuy 10-02-2020 09:53 AM

Anyone using this ePlay 3R box or have heard of it? Can use in Singapore?
https://klgadgetguy.com/2019/11/05/eplay-3r-review/

kennyyap79 10-02-2020 09:15 PM

i tink restricted by ip addressz leh

donetus 11-02-2020 06:41 PM

hi guys.
anyone who can advise on how to fix the issue with the MiBox S?

i noticed that it started lagging and then it prompted to download Android 9. I've downloaded it and it prompted to restart. After restarting, nothign shows up on the screen. TV shows "no signal".

When I did the following steps below, i can see the Mi logo and the color circled colors adn after which, it goes to no signal.

- Switch off Mi Box
- press and hold Menu and Home button
- Switch on Mi Box

gregory_choo 11-02-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donetus (Post 125104377)
hi guys.
anyone who can advise on how to fix the issue with the MiBox S?

i noticed that it started lagging and then it prompted to download Android 9. I've downloaded it and it prompted to restart. After restarting, nothign shows up on the screen. TV shows "no signal".

When I did the following steps below, i can see the Mi logo and the color circled colors adn after which, it goes to no signal.

- Switch off Mi Box
- press and hold Menu and Home button
- Switch on Mi Box

where is the menu button?

donetus 13-02-2020 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregory_choo (Post 125107250)
where is the menu button?

it's the button on the left if i;m not mistaken, :)

donetus 13-02-2020 10:09 AM

i managd to resolved the issue.

I re-ran the update via a flashdrive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by donetus (Post 125104377)
hi guys.
anyone who can advise on how to fix the issue with the MiBox S?

i noticed that it started lagging and then it prompted to download Android 9. I've downloaded it and it prompted to restart. After restarting, nothign shows up on the screen. TV shows "no signal".

When I did the following steps below, i can see the Mi logo and the color circled colors adn after which, it goes to no signal.

- Switch off Mi Box
- press and hold Menu and Home button
- Switch on Mi Box



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.