HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Android TV Box

Like Tree552Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2018, 09:51 PM   #676
Supremacy Member

Order a MX3 air mouse yet to collect but I have a strong feeling that the air mouse will also not able to scroll in Youtube Kids app and some certain apps.
Sambuca78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 09:59 PM   #677
Master Member

Order a MX3 air mouse yet to collect but I have a strong feeling that the air mouse will also not able to scroll in Youtube Kids app and some certain apps.
mx3 airmouse has no brand so you have to try your luck.

there are many versions too, all are called mx3.

if you are lucky, you get a good set, come with ir learning remote for all the keys.

if you are not lucky... up to you to imagine.
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 10:30 PM   #678
Supremacy Member

if you are lucky, you get a good set, come with ir learning remote for all the keys.

Not sure if I am right, but it seems to me certain apps were designed to "click and drag" and not just a simple left right arrows scrolling.
Old 13-11-2018, 10:37 PM   #679
Master Member

That is indeed correct.

The only better branded remote seems to be Minix from a quick search in Lazada/Shopee and Tronsmart in Shopee.

Edit with some search in Lazada/Shopee.

https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-android-tv-remotes

Rii i8+ remote looks nice but it seems there are many copycats in Lazada/Shopee so you do not really know which one is genuine.
http://www.riitek.com/product/i8.html

From Taobao I can go to the Tmall Rii Official shop and they sell i8+ for RMB138 which is about S$27.60. They also sell i8 at RMB98 which is about S$19.60.

Minix Neo A2 Lite - this seems to be readily available from Lazada/Shopee. Not sure if they are genuine or not.

#3 Aerb does not sound like a brand. MX3 Pro is a generic name.

#4 Trnosmart seems to be a good brand and TSM-01 is available from Shopee Tronsmart mall at S$14

Last edited by xiaofan; 14-11-2018 at 12:22 AM..
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2018, 12:01 AM   #680
Master Member

mele f10 deluxe is another good air mouse.

mx3 is one of the airmouse I am using, it is good, occasionally the cursor drift so I have to calibrate it, calibration is simple and straightforward, the problem is the calibration method is not the same as per manual, and I have to try many methods to get the right one.

but I won't recommend others to buy because I know that it is not possible to get back the same model, even from the same seller.
Old 14-11-2018, 12:18 PM   #681
Supremacy Member

mele f10 deluxe is another good air mouse.

mx3 is one of the airmouse I am using, it is good, occasionally the cursor drift so I have to calibrate it, calibration is simple and straightforward, the problem is the calibration method is not the same as per manual, and I have to try many methods to get the right one.

but I won't recommend others to buy because I know that it is not possible to get back the same model, even from the same seller.
This is the air mouse I bought.

MX3-L 2.4G Wireless Air Mouse
https://shopee.sg/product/87075981/1627208975

I also hooted a Bluetooth Gamepad, actually I don't game dunno I buy for what.
https://shopee.sg/product/18784557/1433141926

I tried using the default remote from Tanix, it was ok until I tried scrolling in "Youtube kids" and "Newest Movies HD" apps but failed. I tested Ceturplay remote D-pad mode and Mouse mode, it failed as well.

It only worked when i click and drag with a wireless mouse.

Not sure if anyone else also face the same issue or issit me doing wrong somewhere.

Can you help me test if you are able to scroll within "youtube kids" app? Thanks!
Old 14-11-2018, 12:30 PM   #682

Any apps which allows me to watch starhub channels like Malay Astro channels and Indian channels ?
funky05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2018, 12:41 PM   #683
Master Member

Any apps which allows me to watch starhub channels like Malay Astro channels and Indian channels ?
Go to the Facebook group mentioned in this thread.
Old 14-11-2018, 01:06 PM   #684

Go to the Facebook group mentioned in this thread.
Once I sign in to fb, the fb page mentioned in this thread says unavailable. If you are the mod of the page, can u give me access ?
funky05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2018, 01:24 PM   #685
Master Member

Once I sign in to fb, the fb page mentioned in this thread says unavailable. If you are the mod of the page, can u give me access ?
You have to wait. Mr Choo is one of the moderators. I am not.

Make sure you read the pinned post before asking questions once you get in the group.

In the mean time you can start to browse the posts already without being a member. You can not see the comments though.
Old 14-11-2018, 02:40 PM   #686
Master Member

let me know your fb account.
Old 14-11-2018, 09:06 PM   #687
Master Member

I just tried my normal mouse with YouTube kids and it works fine, click mouse left button and then move mouse to scroll. I then tried my air mouse and it is the same, point your air mouse to the screen, click okay, and then move your air mouse. My air mouse is a generic T3 model but I think it should be similar for your MX3 air mouse.
Old 14-11-2018, 09:33 PM   #688
Master Member

https://youtu.be/n3BR4f620Oo

Another YouTube review of Android TV box remote, including Minix Neo A2, Minix Neo A2 Lite and Mele F10 Deluxe.
Old 15-11-2018, 03:18 PM   #689
Supremacy Member

I just tried my normal mouse with YouTube kids and it works fine, click mouse left button and then move mouse to scroll. I then tried my air mouse and it is the same, point your air mouse to the screen, click okay, and then move your air mouse. My air mouse is a generic T3 model but I think it should be similar for your MX3 air mouse.
Hey thanks a lot!

I loaded the android tv version of YouTube kids and now it worked!

Now i can use the original tanix remote to scroll liao!
Old 17-11-2018, 08:43 PM   #690
Supremacy Member

Hmmmm.... Anyone tried ATVxperience ROM?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.