HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Android TV Box

Like Tree552Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2019, 03:22 PM   #1051

under the new law, it is illegal to sell the apps that allow user to stream from unauthorised sources.
Not buying, only download the free one
Pengsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 04:52 PM   #1052
Master Member

Like that can forget about Android TV box.
for you, yes, please don't use android tv box because you don't know how to use.

Last edited by gregory_choo; 18-01-2019 at 04:59 PM..
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 09:19 PM   #1053
Supremacy Member

previously you used wrong apps on xiaomi box that is meant for views in china.

if you installed right apps on your old xiaomi box now, you can still stream smoothly.

actually those app for china it is downloadable for the international version?
ipaq4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 09:25 PM   #1054
Master Member

actually those app for china it is downloadable for the international version?
Yes you can install the apps which are meant for China (Youku, Tencent Video, iQiyi, etc) on your Mi Box and Mi Box S, but the contents are mostly geoblocked. So you need to use VPN or things like Unblock Youku.

For Youku and QQ Music, what I have found out is that you can pay for the VIP and then you can access the content without VPN.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 10:09 PM   #1055
Arch-Supremacy Member

for you, yes, please don't use android tv box because you don't know how to use.
I know user can buy an empty box then put the apps in but they may do a full ban all set top box. May be under the new law only ISP can sell such box.

Last edited by Henry Ng; 18-01-2019 at 10:12 PM..
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 10:15 PM   #1056
Master Member

I know user can buy an empty box then put the apps in but they may ban all set top box.
Read the news and the government file carefully. They can not just ban all set top boxes.

Since you have a Starhub streaming box and that is an Android TV box as well running an Operator version of Android TV OS. You can install the pirate stream apps on your Starhub box as well. So you think the government should ban the starhub box as well? Same for the Sony Android smart TV running as well.

People can buy Mi Box S purely for the purpose of 4k Netflix and YouTube, and that is perfectly legal.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 10:47 PM   #1057
Arch-Supremacy Member

Read the news and the government file carefully. They can not just ban all set top boxes.

Since you have a Starhub streaming box and that is an Android TV box as well running an Operator version of Android TV OS. You can install the pirate stream apps on your Starhub box as well. So you think the government should ban the starhub box as well? Same for the Sony Android smart TV running as well.

People can buy Mi Box S purely for the purpose of 4k Netflix and YouTube, and that is perfectly legal.
Correct. Then what is the purpose?
Old 18-01-2019, 11:59 PM   #1058
Master Member

I know user can buy an empty box then put the apps in but they may do a full ban all set top box. May be under the new law only ISP can sell such box.
Don't BS here again.
Old 19-01-2019, 01:27 AM   #1059

Hi, any idea how to solve the unblock tech issue? I tried changing dns. It doesn’t work.
Wongjyjyjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2019, 01:35 AM   #1060
Master Member

Hi, any idea how to solve the unblock tech issue? I tried changing dns. It doesn’t work.
don't have to change dns

just delete the app from the box and install again from the app market, then it should work.

i guess ub changed the server address.
Old 19-01-2019, 09:46 AM   #1061
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don't BS here again.
Actually i am a bit surprise why they suddenly amending the act? Nevermind I do not have such illegal apps.
Old 19-01-2019, 10:44 AM   #1062

Actually i am a bit surprise why they suddenly amending the act? Nevermind I do not have such illegal apps.
Coz Singtel and Starhub their mobile side bleeding money from matching the new entrants and MVNO $20 20GB plan.
Old 19-01-2019, 03:16 PM   #1063
Arch-Supremacy Member

Coz Singtel and Starhub their mobile side bleeding money from matching the new entrants and MVNO $20 20GB plan.
Do not know about it as i am quite busy nowadays. No time.
Old 19-01-2019, 03:37 PM   #1064
Master Member

Do not know about it as i am quite busy nowadays. No time.
no time yet come here so often to BS. never read the news yet try to post fake news here.
Old 19-01-2019, 04:39 PM   #1065

Looks like this is the end for the Android TV Box. Maybe you can still buy it online if you act fast.
JohnTKS is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.