Best service provider for Fibre Broadband plan?

suchaloser

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking to leave Starhub and move on to another service provider for internet. Any recommendations? Just regular household usage and 1Gbps is decent enough.

tkdboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Whizcomm 26 per mth 500mbps or 32 per my 1 Gbps. I am switching from m1

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So those switching are more concerned on costs than performance? Might be about right as performance wise is about the same now for fibre unlike cable internet last time.

lcheowl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What’s wrong with StarHub?

I will be moving too...

Signed 1gb but hardly see above 800 mbps.

Call them, they sent their staff to come and check a few times, fail to find the root cause and there after radio silence me even I fired a few emails to them.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
There is no best fibre broadband plan.
All has its pros and cons.

I’m currently using M1 and I find it decent. The downside is no TV service, hence I’m jumping to StarHub after my 2 years with M1 is up.

Need to port my line over too.

ctrlfcdsvc

Reaction score
SG$19.90/month for Starhub fibre broadband 1Gbps

The reason I got this price instead of SG$39.90/month is that I was asked by Starhub to switch from cable broadband to fibre broadband. In return, they offered me this price.

NewNew

Reaction score
SG$19.90/month for Starhub fibre broadband 1Gbps

The reason I got this price instead of SG$39.90/month is that I was asked by Starhub to switch from cable broadband to fibre broadband. In return, they offered me this price.

They called me multiple times to switch too, but didn't get the $19.90. Only at $29.90.

Been with them for many years and I guess they don't really treasure their old timer customer.

Btw may I know what is the amount you paying for your cable before the switch?

suchaloser

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All has its pros and cons.

I’m currently using M1 and I find it decent. The downside is no TV service, hence I’m jumping to StarHub after my 2 years with M1 is up.

Need to port my line over too.

Looking for the best or better service provider and price of course

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
They called me multiple times to switch too, but didn't get the $19.90. Only at $29.90.

Been with them for many years and I guess they don't really treasure their old timer customer.

Btw may I know what is the amount you paying for your cable before the switch?

You must be pissed because we pay 60ish/mth for our cable tv ONLY.

Last year they offered us 2 yr free 1gb fibre internet just to switch to fibre.

now we only pay 40+ for cable tv with free internet...

kalala

Master Member
Reaction score
Whizcomm 26 per mth 500mbps or 32 per my 1 Gbps. I am switching from m1

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

any review on whizcomm fibre? any deals for this coming IT Show? price diff $5/mth compared with M1.. M1 also not the best speed and stability..

TheSnail

Reaction score
any review on whizcomm fibre? any deals for this coming IT Show? price diff $5/mth compared with M1.. M1 also not the best speed and stability..

I just signed up for WC and will be installed in a couple of weeks, $32 using existing router.

They use a StarHub backbone anyway, right?

SH needed me to switch TV to fibre so I decided to cut everything, install just a 1GB line and use an Android TV box, see how I get on. Sign up to Netflix after 1-month free, if any good.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Ya I agree.
StarHub, Singtel and M1 has their own pro and cons.

Not sure about the rest, I have used Singtel and M1 fibre broadband before, Singtel lag when playing game, M1 lag sometimes but it is near to 0%.

Haven’t try StarHub yet, but tried their cable internet before, not bad. I’m transferring to StarHub for the TV service.

All has its pros and cons.:s12:

brownkai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wana switch from m1 becos of the tv but their plan is the most expensive even with 5 mths free... 49.9 per mth 1gps...

I wana get electricity from them also...

Izzit a good idea?

I wanna watch National geographic and discovery channel (starhub no longer air)

suchaloser

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a question, those routers and modems you've been given "free" upon signing a contract, can you actually keep these after terminating or have to return to telco?

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya I agree.
StarHub, Singtel and M1 has their own pro and cons.

Not sure about the rest, I have used Singtel and M1 fibre broadband before, Singtel lag when playing game, M1 lag sometimes but it is near to 0%.

Haven’t try StarHub yet, but tried their cable internet before, not bad. I’m transferring to StarHub for the TV service.

Same as u.
I from singtel to me cos cheaper.
My experience is that singtel wifi router got better coverage and speed.

M1 is decent and stable . But the good thing is that MY router is not locked down and can change to router anytime while singyrl cannot .

But I cheapo use the free asus router with slower speed and cocrsage so no complains

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.