www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

Condor 10-08-2010 12:57 AM

Spent 10100b on tailoring. 9 long sleeves and 1 short sleeve in total. Together with what I bought during GSS, guess I won't be buying anymore shirts for the next 3 years... Spent too much on self grooming this year. :p Probably spent more than the last 5yrs combined.

Firstly, I have all the shirts delivered except for Boss Avenue who were supposed to have delivered them nearly 2hrs ago. Call them an hour back and said will deliver after the rain. Rain stopped for more than 30min and no sign of delivery. Shop already closed. Getting late. I'm leaving 6am in the morning...

Anyway, between Pinky, Crown, and Boss, Pinky is the only one that do not do flat felling throughout. Flat felling is only done for the armhole. For the price that they charge, this really falls short. This time round the shirt tail do not look as good. Crown's tail look great. But this is purely psychological since no one will see it since would be tucked in.

Bought 5 long sleeves and 1 short sleeve from Pinky. 1 of the long sleeve is too tight. No biggie. Guess I'll just have to release the duct myself. However they did not do my request properly. I requested for inner lining but they only did the cuffs and collar but not the spine. And the short sleeve is done differently from my last round. The tail is too long. Supposed to be shorter since would be tucked out but they did the same length as the long sleeves! Otherwise I'm ok with the fitting. It's likely a consistency problem over different tailors. I thought my shirts from the last trip looked smarter. Will go home and compare.

Without wearing, the cutting of Crown's pieces look great. Full flat felling, nice curves for the tail. Putting the shirt on however, I think not too happy with their measurement and alteration.

Firstly, the shoulder blade length is a little shorter. Makes the shirt look a wee undersized and me smaller than I already am. Overall the torso is too tight. When I raised both hands upwards at the same time, I can see my ribs through the material! Probably will burst if I stretch hard rapidly. This is probable remedial-able by myself. I've request for ducts at the back so I can release them to loosen the torso.

But the forearm is too narrow. It's ok normally but when I close my forearm fully (flexing motion), I can see the undulation of my forearm muscles! My flexed muscles are pushing against the sleeves! This is something that I have to live with. Lucky only made 2 shirts. But is the most expensive 2 pieces of this trip @ 1200b each (got 100b discount from Pinky for this price range).

As I requested for my name to be embroidered on the cuff, both pieces have it at different location. Both are not at the location where I requested, and one of them is too far off. Sigh... Where's the QC?

When I went for my fitting it was not this bad. It was a bit loose. Marked down the places to tighten. End up overdone. I did not see the embroidery during the fitting as the cuff concerned was not sewn on. My guess then is it was not back from the embroidery. So far end product wise Crown is not doing well.

Just got my Boss Avenue shirts. These 2 shirts are more of fancy dress shirts so have a smarter look to it. First glance mostly seems rather decent although I can say that there is room for improvement. Can see some of the alignment and seams are not totally straight. Only noticeable upon scrutiny so is not a major issue. The fit is not bad. The alteration appears to be working well (not like Crown!).

At this moment, I would say as an overall package I still think Pinky is not bad. I like the fabric selection, affordable price after discount, decent workmanship, etc. Only thing is need some improvement in the consistency.

Crown is a little disappointing but perhaps once everything is gotten right then it'd be a good choice as well. but my "first" from Pinky and Rajawongse were better fits than Crown.

Boss Avenue seem to deliver very decent shirts. Workmanship is not bad, although I think Pinky and Crown are slightly better. Boss couldn't follow my requests as closely as I had wanted. But the value cannot be beaten. 850b vs 1200b. Did I say I saw a fabric here going for 850b when the same was going for 1500b at Pinky? I believe the quality is the same. I cut a piece of sample and compared. Can't really tell the difference. Anyway made a shirt with this material. Just need to go home and compare using bigger surface area.

Anyway, I'll give all of them a couple of wear and see how it goes. If the Boss Avenue shirts can stand up to the test of time and repeated wears, I guess I will get more from them. Fully customisable with no extra charge, decent fabric selection, acceptable workmanship, good price. Probably can get some discount with more pieces. Anything below 800b would be great. S$33-34/pc. Why bother getting rack shirts?

grantt 11-08-2010 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 47878076)
Spent 10100b on tailoring. 9 long sleeves and 1 short sleeve in total. Together with what I bought during GSS, guess I won't be buying anymore shirts for the next 3 years... Spent too much on self grooming this year. :p Probably spent more than the last 5yrs combined.

Firstly, I have all the shirts delivered except for Boss Avenue who were supposed to have delivered them nearly 2hrs ago. Call them an hour back and said will deliver after the rain. Rain stopped for more than 30min and no sign of delivery. Shop already closed. Getting late. I'm leaving 6am in the morning...

Anyway, between Pinky, Crown, and Boss, Pinky is the only one that do not do flat felling throughout. Flat felling is only done for the armhole. For the price that they charge, this really falls short. This time round the shirt tail do not look as good. Crown's tail look great. But this is purely psychological since no one will see it since would be tucked in.

Bought 5 long sleeves and 1 short sleeve from Pinky. 1 of the long sleeve is too tight. No biggie. Guess I'll just have to release the duct myself. However they did not do my request properly. I requested for inner lining but they only did the cuffs and collar but not the spine. And the short sleeve is done differently from my last round. The tail is too long. Supposed to be shorter since would be tucked out but they did the same length as the long sleeves! Otherwise I'm ok with the fitting. It's likely a consistency problem over different tailors. I thought my shirts from the last trip looked smarter. Will go home and compare.

Without wearing, the cutting of Crown's pieces look great. Full flat felling, nice curves for the tail. Putting the shirt on however, I think not too happy with their measurement and alteration.

Firstly, the shoulder blade length is a little shorter. Makes the shirt look a wee undersized and me smaller than I already am. Overall the torso is too tight. When I raised both hands upwards at the same time, I can see my ribs through the material! Probably will burst if I stretch hard rapidly. This is probable remedial-able by myself. I've request for ducts at the back so I can release them to loosen the torso.

But the forearm is too narrow. It's ok normally but when I close my forearm fully (flexing motion), I can see the undulation of my forearm muscles! My flexed muscles are pushing against the sleeves! This is something that I have to live with. Lucky only made 2 shirts. But is the most expensive 2 pieces of this trip @ 1200b each (got 100b discount from Pinky for this price range).

As I requested for my name to be embroidered on the cuff, both pieces have it at different location. Both are not at the location where I requested, and one of them is too far off. Sigh... Where's the QC?

When I went for my fitting it was not this bad. It was a bit loose. Marked down the places to tighten. End up overdone. I did not see the embroidery during the fitting as the cuff concerned was not sewn on. My guess then is it was not back from the embroidery. So far end product wise Crown is not doing well.

Just got my Boss Avenue shirts. These 2 shirts are more of fancy dress shirts so have a smarter look to it. First glance mostly seems rather decent although I can say that there is room for improvement. Can see some of the alignment and seams are not totally straight. Only noticeable upon scrutiny so is not a major issue. The fit is not bad. The alteration appears to be working well (not like Crown!).

At this moment, I would say as an overall package I still think Pinky is not bad. I like the fabric selection, affordable price after discount, decent workmanship, etc. Only thing is need some improvement in the consistency.

Crown is a little disappointing but perhaps once everything is gotten right then it'd be a good choice as well. but my "first" from Pinky and Rajawongse were better fits than Crown.

Boss Avenue seem to deliver very decent shirts. Workmanship is not bad, although I think Pinky and Crown are slightly better. Boss couldn't follow my requests as closely as I had wanted. But the value cannot be beaten. 850b vs 1200b. Did I say I saw a fabric here going for 850b when the same was going for 1500b at Pinky? I believe the quality is the same. I cut a piece of sample and compared. Can't really tell the difference. Anyway made a shirt with this material. Just need to go home and compare using bigger surface area.

Anyway, I'll give all of them a couple of wear and see how it goes. If the Boss Avenue shirts can stand up to the test of time and repeated wears, I guess I will get more from them. Fully customisable with no extra charge, decent fabric selection, acceptable workmanship, good price. Probably can get some discount with more pieces. Anything below 800b would be great. S$33-34/pc. Why bother getting rack shirts?

Honestly speaking though bro, it is partially your fault for not going back for that second fitting to make sure the alterations you did make you fit and feel really good..You get what I mean? The first time I made my shirts, I went back to try the shirt in the morning and made sure to try the finished piece at the store also. This way the shirt then fitted perfectly and I know that I walked out happy! Later on when I purchased more shirts, then I no longer did he fitting because now they had my sizes on file.

Whatever it is - i think it is important (for the first time) to make sure you go back again to try your shirts a second round if you can..if you really, really can't then have the tailors deliver the clothes to you.

Also bro, in all fairness to all tailors, you mentioned that boss avenue had two prices and you took the cheaper one..i'm sure if I remember correctly, both from my experience and reading thru this forum, crown & pinky BOTH have cheaper shirts as well but you just didn't pick from them! So in a way - we have to be fair to them also that they have some cheaper shirts. I think pinky and crown both at 950 or 1000? And yes, I prefer that stitching thing that both crown & boss do as well. Makes the shirt look more..classy?

Anyways, I personally think it is best for all buyers to try everywhere before making a decision. Believe me - all these tailors are a hit and miss. It took us on this forum ages to finally shortlist like 5 good tailors! Visit them all if you can! :-) Happy shopping everyone!

MunkyCrap 11-08-2010 11:19 AM

hi. I read from earlier post that all tailors r closed on Sunday. however I am going frm 14 to 16 which is sat to mon. will there be time to measure, fit n collect on Monday b4 I go?

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

Condor 11-08-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 47906127)
Honestly speaking though bro, it is partially your fault for not going back for that second fitting to make sure the alterations you did make you fit and feel really good..You get what I mean? The first time I made my shirts, I went back to try the shirt in the morning and made sure to try the finished piece at the store also. This way the shirt then fitted perfectly and I know that I walked out happy! Later on when I purchased more shirts, then I no longer did he fitting because now they had my sizes on file.

Whatever it is - i think it is important (for the first time) to make sure you go back again to try your shirts a second round if you can..if you really, really can't then have the tailors deliver the clothes to you.

Also bro, in all fairness to all tailors, you mentioned that boss avenue had two prices and you took the cheaper one..i'm sure if I remember correctly, both from my experience and reading thru this forum, crown & pinky BOTH have cheaper shirts as well but you just didn't pick from them! So in a way - we have to be fair to them also that they have some cheaper shirts. I think pinky and crown both at 950 or 1000? And yes, I prefer that stitching thing that both crown & boss do as well. Makes the shirt look more..classy?

Anyways, I personally think it is best for all buyers to try everywhere before making a decision. Believe me - all these tailors are a hit and miss. It took us on this forum ages to finally shortlist like 5 good tailors! Visit them all if you can! :-) Happy shopping everyone!

I told them my time limitation and asked if they could take my order. Once they promised I expect that they live up to it. Crown delayed my first fitting by 2hrs. They called my hotel 30min before my scheduled fitting to delay. Otherwise I would have been able to do 1 more fitting around 6pm that evening. This time round I simply couldn't do a second fitting after their delay as I'm on the 9am flight.

Not intending to find fault, but I think they really overdid the adjustments by a huge margin. I'm not sure now if I'd wear them as I can feel a strong pull at the elbow area with even a slight angle of about 30 degrees? I've dumped them for washing and see how it goes after. Not sure if I'll need to condemn the shirts or can keep until next trip for them to alter. Don't appear to have slack cloth. In fact I compared against shirts from Pinky and Boss. Crown's sleeves are shorter by 0.5-1". There's no alteration whateverso for this. Couldn't detect this during fitting due to missing cuff. :(

Problem this time is simply the lack of time. The trip was rescheduled and was limited by other constraints that I have (need to reach Singapore before early evening otherwise would have taken the evening flight out).

Last trip didn't include the weekend and have no idea the tailors do not work in Sunday (Boss shop remain open for measurement though). I won't be wearing the short sleeve from Pinky as well until I get them altered next trip. Too long to tuck out. Sigh... This trip is not so positive.

Anyway will be busy until mid next week so I won't take a close look at the shirts. Loosened the ducts and put them into washing first. Hope the shrinkage will not make things worse. I will try to put up some photos to pick out all the faults so that people know what to look/insist for.

Anyway while I was loosening the duct for Crown's, I can see the attention to detail that they put. The ducts were made using a finer thread so less visible. They were conscious to avoid auto unraveling from repeated wear/washing so they ran the ends a couple of times to make sure they were "sewn in dead". Together with the full flat felling, can see the level of workmanship and extra effort that they invested.

Pinky is really a mass production shop catering to a lot of Singaporeans and uses variety to gain business. Hard to beat their fabric selection. They are probably the "top tailor" for Singaporeans. Probably no other tailor get as much Singaporean business. The problem is also this. Singaporeans are not so picky/knowledgeable like Caucasians who are used to better quality stuff who know what to look out for in a quality tailor.

They do not do full flat felling, the ducts were using thicker thread (not that it's bad, just that brought down by Crown) and were left fraying. Other than these, think they are quite decent. In fact, the way the cuffs are done I feel the workmanship is a notch above Crown despite that they are different designs - fundamentals remain.

Oh, I really believe the 1500b fabric that I have is the same quality as the 850b from Boss. I think design also plays a part in how Pinky price their fabric. Not purely on quality. Felt a bit "chopped". My impression of Pinky came down a bit with this trip. But then again, I'm please with that 1500b shirt. Quite sure Boss will not pull it off like Pinky did for me.

Boss is not a "great" tailor. Although as an overall package they are "ok", I can find a number of issues that will put them in a lower class. The cutting is not really straight. The alignment leaves much to be desired. But can be overlooked so long as the price is low enough. Good enough for daily wear (if can last).

Pinky has:
- 1000b (60/40-70/30 blend)
- 1200b (80/20 blended)
- 1500b (Egyptian 100% cotton)
- 1800b (High quality cotton 100%)
- 2000b (Italian 100% cotton)
- 2500b (Italian 100% cotton)
Not sure which are 2-ply. The price for the last 2 range may be wrong, and up to 3500b? Did not pay too much attention as not within my budget expectation. This trip I got 3 from the 1000b range.

Crown has:
- 1000b (60/40-70/30 blended)
- 1200b (80/20 blend)
- 1500b (100% cotton - not necessary Egyptian)
- 2000b and above range
This trip I got 2 from the 1200b range over the 1000b range due to choices available.

Boss has:
- 850b (blended, not clear on the ratio)
- 1400b (100% cotton, no further details)
This trip got 2 from the 850b range.

So in fact I've got "cheap" shirts from Pinky as well. That aside, the workmanship should be the same regardless of the material costs. Unless of course their more highly skilled tailors only do more expensive fabrics? JFYI, the Pinky shirt that is made too tightly is from the 1200b range. Maybe is cut too small? Maybe the tailor so happen to sew smaller? Who knows?

Condor 11-08-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MunkyCrap (Post 47911388)
hi. I read from earlier post that all tailors r closed on Sunday. however I am going frm 14 to 16 which is sat to mon. will there be time to measure, fit n collect on Monday b4 I go?

-----

I believe all tailors do not work on Sunday. I'll distinct tailors (as those who sew) from the shops who take orders, measurements, etc.

Some shops do remain open. But the popular ones are closed. This includes Pinky, Crown, Rajawonse, Raja's Fashion, Narin Couture, Empire, and Moonriver - those I noted.

If you're a repeat customer not requiring any alteration, it is a little tight. Assuming budget flight, touch down clear custom, reach hotel, etc. probably nearing 11am. Assuming you do not shower, have a bite, know your way around, etc. and rush to a tailor, choose fabric quickly, decide design quickly, you can.

If you're a new customer, you can try if they can squeeze in a second fit before you leave.

Condor 11-08-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MunkyCrap (Post 47911388)

-----

Hey! Do you think you can help me bring back my shirts back for alteration? :D

ultradiving 11-08-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 47924979)
I told them my time limitation and asked if they could take my order. Once they promised I expect that they live up to it. Crown delayed my first fitting by 2hrs. They called my hotel 30min before my scheduled fitting to delay. Otherwise I would have been able to do 1 more fitting around 6pm that evening. This time round I simply couldn't do a second fitting after their delay as I'm on the 9am flight.

Not intending to find fault, but I think they really overdid the adjustments by a huge margin. I'm not sure now if I'd wear them as I can feel a strong pull at the elbow area with even a slight angle of about 30 degrees? I've dumped them for washing and see how it goes after. Not sure if I'll need to condemn the shirts or can keep until next trip for them to alter. Don't appear to have slack cloth. In fact I compared against shirts from Pinky and Boss. Crown's sleeves are shorter by 0.5-1". There's no alteration whateverso for this. Couldn't detect this during fitting due to missing cuff. :(

Problem this time is simply the lack of time. The trip was rescheduled and was limited by other constraints that I have (need to reach Singapore before early evening otherwise would have taken the evening flight out).

Last trip didn't include the weekend and have no idea the tailors do not work in Sunday (Boss shop remain open for measurement though). I won't be wearing the short sleeve from Pinky as well until I get them altered next trip. Too long to tuck out. Sigh... This trip is not so positive.

Anyway will be busy until mid next week so I won't take a close look at the shirts. Loosened the ducts and put them into washing first. Hope the shrinkage will not make things worse. I will try to put up some photos to pick out all the faults so that people know what to look/insist for.

Anyway while I was loosening the duct for Crown's, I can see the attention to detail that they put. The ducts were made using a finer thread so less visible. They were conscious to avoid auto unraveling from repeated wear/washing so they ran the ends a couple of times to make sure they were "sewn in dead". Together with the full flat felling, can see the level of workmanship and extra effort that they invested.

Pinky is really a mass production shop catering to a lot of Singaporeans and uses variety to gain business. Hard to beat their fabric selection. They are probably the "top tailor" for Singaporeans. Probably no other tailor get as much Singaporean business. The problem is also this. Singaporeans are not so picky/knowledgeable like Caucasians who are used to better quality stuff who know what to look out for in a quality tailor.

They do not do full flat felling, the ducts were using thicker thread (not that it's bad, just that brought down by Crown) and were left fraying. Other than these, think they are quite decent. In fact, the way the cuffs are done I feel the workmanship is a notch above Crown despite that they are different designs - fundamentals remain.

Oh, I really believe the 1500b fabric that I have is the same quality as the 850b from Boss. I think design also plays a part in how Pinky price their fabric. Not purely on quality. Felt a bit "chopped". My impression of Pinky came down a bit with this trip. But then again, I'm please with that 1500b shirt. Quite sure Boss will not pull it off like Pinky did for me.

Boss is not a "great" tailor. Although as an overall package they are "ok", I can find a number of issues that will put them in a lower class. The cutting is not really straight. The alignment leaves much to be desired. But can be overlooked so long as the price is low enough. Good enough for daily wear (if can last).

Pinky has:
- 1000b (60/40-70/30 blend)
- 1200b (80/20 blended)
- 1500b (Egyptian 100% cotton)
- 1800b (High quality cotton 100%)
- 2000b (Italian 100% cotton)
- 2500b (Italian 100% cotton)
Not sure which are 2-ply. The price for the last 2 range may be wrong, and up to 3500b? Did not pay too much attention as not within my budget expectation. This trip I got 3 from the 1000b range.

Crown has:
- 1000b (60/40-70/30 blended)
- 1200b (80/20 blend)
- 1500b (100% cotton - not necessary Egyptian)
- 2000b and above range
This trip I got 2 from the 1200b range over the 1000b range due to choices available.

Boss has:
- 850b (blended, not clear on the ratio)
- 1400b (100% cotton, no further details)
This trip got 2 from the 850b range.

So in fact I've got "cheap" shirts from Pinky as well. That aside, the workmanship should be the same regardless of the material costs. Unless of course their more highly skilled tailors only do more expensive fabrics? JFYI, the Pinky shirt that is made too tightly is from the 1200b range. Maybe is cut too small? Maybe the tailor so happen to sew smaller? Who knows?

Well probably its just bad experience and different expectations. Shirt and pants, you do realise some tailors does "mark" their length based on customers' request or by so-called "standards".

i.e. Some cut their pants right at the brim of the shoe cuttings while some just let it slack-rest on your shoes.

Till date, no banal talk from the Crown's unlike the rest who quote slightly higher and gives the "so-called" discounts. Price for the quality and service I would say.

Case: On my recent trip, had a hiccup on one of my pant's pocket, the boss actually sent his sales rep "Lop" over to my hotel and pick up the piece on a Sunday night based on my schedule, brought it back for a fix and delivered right back later, Kudos for that. They even sent a follow up message. I would say their PR/Service is commendable.

MunkyCrap 11-08-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 47926283)
Hey! Do you think you can help me bring back my shirts back for alteration? :D

haha thanks for your reply :D
not sure if i can do it for u. may not hav chance to go tailor if gf is bz shopping

Condor 12-08-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MunkyCrap (Post 47932486)
haha thanks for your reply :D
not sure if i can do it for u. may not hav chance to go tailor if gf is bz shopping

OIC. Actually I just emailed my tailor and got a reply from them. If you can just help to drop the shirts, I can get them to mail it back. If you don't mind I can pass the shirts to you and see if you are able to drop the shirts (best effort basis only). If you can't then I'll just collect the shirts back from you. Or otherwise if it's too troublesome for you then it's ok too.

Condor 12-08-2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultradiving (Post 47929857)
Well probably its just bad experience and different expectations. Shirt and pants, you do realise some tailors does "mark" their length based on customers' request or by so-called "standards".

i.e. Some cut their pants right at the brim of the shoe cuttings while some just let it slack-rest on your shoes.

Till date, no banal talk from the Crown's unlike the rest who quote slightly higher and gives the "so-called" discounts. Price for the quality and service I would say.

Case: On my recent trip, had a hiccup on one of my pant's pocket, the boss actually sent his sales rep "Lop" over to my hotel and pick up the piece on a Sunday night based on my schedule, brought it back for a fix and delivered right back later, Kudos for that. They even sent a follow up message. I would say their PR/Service is commendable.

Agree that this is a one off bad experience. Other than the bad fitting due to no other than lack of fitting appointment, can't fault them too much on the quality and workmanship.

In fact I just emailed them at about 10pm and less than 1.5hrs later, I got an email response! They took all the issues very well and want to do what they can to correct them so that I can wear the shirt smartly.

I have just replied them with photos taken on the issues so might as well also post here and share.

This is how it looks like after I loosened the shirt by removing the 2 ducts at the back. Gained 2" more cloth at the widest. Still a little too tight a the torso, but at least I only feel the pull when I bring my arms forward. Previously I feel the hug just doing the buttoning action.
http://i33.tinypic.com/33cnl1h.jpg

This is how it looks like from the side. Notice the pull?
http://i33.tinypic.com/4hwrgg.jpg

This is how it looks like from the back. Can see the shirt "eating" into the flesh?
http://i36.tinypic.com/21m6yx4.jpg

Condor 12-08-2010 01:03 AM

Since I'm at it, might as well take more photos now rather than later.

This is the 2 type of fancy cuffs that I made this time.
- The one on the left is the inverted double cuff. Crossover between a double french cuff and a normal button cuff. Crown shirt.
- The one on the right is a crossover between a double french cuff and single french cuff with a twist. The corner of the outer layer is cut away to reveal more of the contrasting inner layer. The cufflink instead of going through 4 layers of cloth is going through only the 2 innermost layers. The cufflink is looser now but don't think it matter much. Pinky shirt.
- I did a single side angle cut double french cuff from Boss. No photos yet. But the output is off from my expectation.
http://i38.tinypic.com/2mmygq0.jpg

The thing I like about Pinky is their wide selection of fabric. I tailored more shirts than I initially intended to as I saw fabrics that give rise to pretty nice combination for inner layer.

This is the comparison between the inseams and cutting of the shirt tail between Crown and Pinky.
http://i38.tinypic.com/312xmxf.jpg

If you can't really see what's going on with Crown, it's normal. That's the beauty of flat felling. Nicer finishing and stronger joins. Read more about it here (http://www.backpacking.net/makegear/...latfelled.html). As you can see, much more work is required so mostly only good tailors would do them. Disappointed with Pinky!

You can see that Pinky's inseam is the normal seam that you find on nearly all rack shirts. Quick work. Just 1 run over the machine instead of 2 runs with folding, alignment, etc. Not a big thing until you realise the benefit of flat felled seams and what you should be getting for a quality piece that you thought you paid for.

I also love the curve that Crown does for the shirt tail. Smooth and curves the way I like them. Like a continuous sine wave. Pinky does them simply by curving the front and rear and does not care if the side curvature is smoothly linked up. The point where the front and back meet is like a triangular wave. No doubt it's rucked and hidden under the pants, but I feel good knowing the curve is nice!

Condor 12-08-2010 01:40 AM

For those who want to customise, some ideas:

Cuffs
http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...f%20Styles.jpg

http://www.massimotailor.com/images/shirt-cuffs.jpg

http://www.cardeens.com/CUFF_STYLES.jpg

Collars
http://www.ricofashions.com/images/COLLAR%20STYLES.JPG

http://www.raresplendors.com/images/...Collar%201.jpg

http://www.bullandbearclothiers.com/...LAR_STYLES.jpg

http://www.michaelandrewsbespoke.com...lars-cuffs.jpg

Condor 12-08-2010 02:04 AM

Double Collar
http://www.zootsuitstore.com/Shoppin...cyds1830bg.jpg

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/w...02-1detail.jpg

http://www.shirtsmyway.com/blog/wp-c...le-Collar1.jpg

Placket
Normal ("column spine")
http://www.office-dress-shirts.com/i...cket_front.jpg

Hidden buttons
http://www.vmclothiers.com/uploads/f...ont_hidden.jpg

Contrasting Button Eye
http://image.ec21.com/image/kelvin12..._Stitching.jpg

Think also along the lines of contrasting threads for collar, cuff, etc. Anywhere you can imagine.

There are also pocket styles that you can customise. Not going to search for sample photos since I tailor mine without any pockets.

Also, you can embroider your name/initials onto the shirt where you like it. Typically on pocket/chest area where most famous labels brand their shirts or the cuffs. Probably nice on corner of collar as well. Again, any colour thread you want. To be less conspicuous, use a thread whose colour is close to the base colour where the initials would be printed. Or a higher contrast colour to scream your own label to everyone.

Condor 12-08-2010 02:07 AM

My original request to Pinky was for something like this where the underside of the placket (reverse where the button and button holes are) is also lined with the contrasting fabric. Unfortunate they only did the inner collar and not the underside of the placket.

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/w...002-1black.jpg

lweegp 12-08-2010 04:21 PM

hey guys just my contribution on pinky. was there recently (during the national holiday break) after reading all the contributions of the bros here. the place was easy to find n conveniently located. i would say im quite satisfied with the services provided by them too. the guy who served me is nom. i was there quite early n probably their first customer. so the usual cloth selection procedure. selected one b2500 n one b1500 range. price quoted after discount was b3500 but finally managed to lower to b3000. their service was fast n efficient. i had my first try later that evening 6pm. some minor touchup to do but otherwise all are in good shape and requirements which i have given to them. wanted to try paul's fashion at armari but not much time...perhap next year when i go bkk in apr 2011 again.