www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

m1kid85 20-07-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceX (Post 57862901)
haha yes legacy express. boss avenue good? slim cut?

Ya they do slim cut. comfort slim cut. etc . Different collar style.

grantt 21-07-2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceX (Post 57862871)
2 ply 1000 bht can get?? serious?

haha no way 2 ply 1000 baht! But 1 ply can get all tailor shops in bangkok! Why don't u go see all 3? Jhasper soi 11, boss avenue on the row on sukhumvit, crown soi 8. see which u like best then u confirm to buy!

mikepang 21-07-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sFerragamo (Post 57849873)
Care to share the damage?

Damage is about S$194 for 3 shirts n 2 pants..not bad ah?:s8:

IceX 21-07-2011 08:53 PM

so the average price is around 1000 bht? cotton material? Guess I will try crown then !

le_mon 21-07-2011 08:55 PM

i dunno how many ply leh, i only know average is 1000baht for shirt. :/

grantt 22-07-2011 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_mon (Post 57905620)
i dunno how many ply leh, i only know average is 1000baht for shirt. :/

Yeap, 1000 Baht sounds right - but like said for sure not 2 ply! 2 ply is like amazingly soft, crazy nice fabrics and I SO wish it were sold for 1000 baht :(

sFerragamo 25-07-2011 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 57914610)
Yeap, 1000 Baht sounds right - but like said for sure not 2 ply! 2 ply is like amazingly soft, crazy nice fabrics and I SO wish it were sold for 1000 baht :(

Decided to visit boss jhaper and crown during my coming trip on Aug 12th! and will maybe make 2 shirts at each place.

As for pants, will buy during sales in singapore as i think pants are more standard so no need tailor.

Ryun0suk3 25-07-2011 04:26 AM

Just went to Paul's Tailor @ Armari last week during my stay in Bangkok. :s27::s27::s27::s16::s16::s16:

Was disappointed with the service & quality of the work there... Made 3 shirts and the initial try out was that all 3 shirts had different cutting. Out of the 3, 2 need to alter the sleeve & the side of the shirt.

Thinking that all was fine, i paid for the rest of the amount & decided to ask them to deliver to my hotel after the alteration. Upon receiving the shirts, again the 3 shirts were not of the same cutting.

Totally disappointed with their workmanship & their constants sarcasm & dissuading me not to alter and it looks fine. Quotes like "alter already cannot change back har!" & "next time u must say super slim fit" when their slim fit for all 3 shirts is DIFF !

tekster 25-07-2011 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryun0suk3 (Post 58004105)
Just went to Paul's Tailor @ Armari last week during my stay in Bangkok. :s27::s27::s27::s16::s16::s16:

Was disappointed with the service & quality of the work there... Made 3 shirts and the initial try out was that all 3 shirts had different cutting. Out of the 3, 2 need to alter the sleeve & the side of the shirt.

Thinking that all was fine, i paid for the rest of the amount & decided to ask them to deliver to my hotel after the alteration. Upon receiving the shirts, again the 3 shirts were not of the same cutting.

Totally disappointed with their workmanship & their constants sarcasm & dissuading me not to alter and it looks fine. Quotes like "alter already cannot change back har!" & "next time u must say super slim fit" when their slim fit for all 3 shirts is DIFF !

this sounds bad. maybe coz you made 3 shirts so they trying to brush you off.

anyway, if it doesn't need alteration, why do we need a tailor right? might as well get off the rack or in stores.

Th3Keeper 25-07-2011 09:50 AM

I'll be in BKK from 27 Aug - 1 Sept. Should be enough time hor? Staying near Ratchathewi BTS, any recommendations? Saw that each shirt should cost from 1000B to 2000B for quality ones. Was considering Crown or Boss.

Ryun0suk3 25-07-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekster (Post 58004698)
this sounds bad. maybe coz you made 3 shirts so they trying to brush you off.

anyway, if it doesn't need alteration, why do we need a tailor right? might as well get off the rack or in stores.

Yeap... My first time tailoring shirts, maybe they can see it and give me some sloppy work.

Since this experience i will not want to ever go back there...

thomsonooi 25-07-2011 10:10 PM

hi bros,

my second trip to bkk and my first experience to tailoring my own clothing is coming up soon! aug 4th to 7th to be exact.

i hope that the experienced bros and sis here can shed some light on a few issues!

first, Ryun0suk3 bro had some bad experience with paul's tailor, how can we avoid such situations? other than measurements and cloth materials, can we mention anything else in specific so that such miscomm will not happen?

also, i'm looking to tailor a jacket and maybe 2 pairs of trousers for myself, how much would it cost to tailor the jacket if i'm on a budget? i saw that trousers are going at ard $50 to $80 for a pair of trousers.

from bros here the recommended tailors to go are crown and boss, this reco is based on price competitiveness too rite? =D sry but my trip is really based on a tight budget!!

thanks in advance!!

tekster 25-07-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryun0suk3 (Post 58027021)
Yeap... My first time tailoring shirts, maybe they can see it and give me some sloppy work.

Since this experience i will not want to ever go back there...

whether first time or not, it's still not good service to brush off customers.

we wear the shirt on, we know how it feels. having comments like "are you sure you wanna change it?" is a very stupid comment made unless reasonable advice is given otherwise.

when i wanted to do some changes to my shirt at boss, dave suggested otherwise and i listened and thought it through. so i'm ok with that. but if it's due to employees being lazy, then it's just not good.

grantt 25-07-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomsonooi (Post 58027750)
hi bros,

my second trip to bkk and my first experience to tailoring my own clothing is coming up soon! aug 4th to 7th to be exact.

i hope that the experienced bros and sis here can shed some light on a few issues!

first, Ryun0suk3 bro had some bad experience with paul's tailor, how can we avoid such situations? other than measurements and cloth materials, can we mention anything else in specific so that such miscomm will not happen?

also, i'm looking to tailor a jacket and maybe 2 pairs of trousers for myself, how much would it cost to tailor the jacket if i'm on a budget? i saw that trousers are going at ard $50 to $80 for a pair of trousers.

from bros here the recommended tailors to go are crown and boss, this reco is based on price competitiveness too rite? =D sry but my trip is really based on a tight budget!!

thanks in advance!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekster (Post 58028265)
whether first time or not, it's still not good service to brush off customers.

we wear the shirt on, we know how it feels. having comments like "are you sure you wanna change it?" is a very stupid comment made unless reasonable advice is given otherwise.

when i wanted to do some changes to my shirt at boss, dave suggested otherwise and i listened and thought it through. so i'm ok with that. but if it's due to employees being lazy, then it's just not good.

Easy - to avoid such situations, firstly, go to recommended stores that you feel comfortable shopping at. The tailors should always allow you the choice to pick things, but of course, help you recommend ideas if you are at a lack of ideas. Very important is that when the fitting comes, the question to you should be "is everything ok? Are you happy with it? Is there anything you want to change", and not "are you SURE you want to change."

If the shop tries to upsell you multiple times, it's time to walk away. If they are not being helpful, its time to walk away.

As far as recommendations go, if Paul hasn't worked out, my personal rec has always been Crown, but I've also read here that Boss is good, so I guess, give both a shot? Least you get the best of both worlds!

Jordan Chang 26-07-2011 10:18 AM

well, i had a different experience at boss. made 2 shirts in my last visit (900B each) and tried one first. instructions/alterations were given for the second piece but when received, both fits the same. :s11: still acceptable la...but then, it makes you wonder about their service.

so far, (in my own opinion) crown made better shirts for me (made 4 during their last visit to SG) but then again, the 4 shirts came out differently too. :D

i guess you get what you pay for and do note, most of these "tailors" are only fabric-sellers who take your measurements.

vaxvms 26-07-2011 10:51 AM

just receive email from CROWN and they are coming to SG again to take order

Hi
We hope that this email finds you in the best of health!
We just wanted to quickly inform you that CROWN TAILORS will be in Singapore from the 11th of August until the 15th of August 2011.
As usual, we will have with us a complete range of fabrics sample books and swatches along with catalogs of the newest fashion trends.

Your referrals are highly valued and appreciated, so please inform your colleagues, relatives and friends of our upcoming visit to Singapore. We also offer referral discounts on your own purchases if your friends/colleagues buy from us. If you are interested in this, please ask us for more information.

Please do reply our email even if you are not interested this trip, so that we can keep you informed of future trips to Singapore. Please also do note our number +66 89 1205735, which you can call at any time to book an appointment in advance!

We thank you in advance for your kind assistance and time. If you would like any other additional information, please do not hesitate to ask us.
Warm regards from Bangkok,
Sam & Mana

IceX 26-07-2011 07:18 PM

Was wondering if I should bring one of my shirts that I tailor made down to bkk for the exact measurements cause I'm scared the measurements will be slightly off when i make in bkk but a bit troublesome and paiseh to do that leh lol

candychng 26-07-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaxvms (Post 58039374)
just receive email from CROWN and they are coming to SG again to take order

Hi
We hope that this email finds you in the best of health!
We just wanted to quickly inform you that CROWN TAILORS will be in Singapore from the 11th of August until the 15th of August 2011.
As usual, we will have with us a complete range of fabrics sample books and swatches along with catalogs of the newest fashion trends.

Your referrals are highly valued and appreciated, so please inform your colleagues, relatives and friends of our upcoming visit to Singapore. We also offer referral discounts on your own purchases if your friends/colleagues buy from us. If you are interested in this, please ask us for more information.

Please do reply our email even if you are not interested this trip, so that we can keep you informed of future trips to Singapore. Please also do note our number +66 89 1205735, which you can call at any time to book an appointment in advance!

We thank you in advance for your kind assistance and time. If you would like any other additional information, please do not hesitate to ask us.
Warm regards from Bangkok,
Sam & Mana

Hi Bro,

Crown Tailors are flying into SG just to take orders!!! WOW!! I like that.. Can share share more info with me??

Wryer 26-07-2011 11:17 PM

Interested in Crown Tailor's visit too. Where will they be? So they will be taking measurements and then send the finished product from Thailand?

gibson 26-07-2011 11:27 PM

wonder what will the costs be like?

electrock2 27-07-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Chang (Post 58038394)
well, i had a different experience at boss. made 2 shirts in my last visit (900B each) and tried one first. instructions/alterations were given for the second piece but when received, both fits the same. :s11: still acceptable la...but then, it makes you wonder about their service.

so far, (in my own opinion) crown made better shirts for me (made 4 during their last visit to SG) but then again, the 4 shirts came out differently too. :D

i guess you get what you pay for and do note, most of these "tailors" are only fabric-sellers who take your measurements.

i agree with this statement. they are only fabric sellers and not the actual tailors. They won't pay special attention to special needs like *no offence* a tummy or a bigger arse.

Thats my opinion.

I have heard ZERO positive reviews about these tailors in BKK. sizes doesn't fit. shirts shrink. discolouration.
promise of the sky, but end up worse than a $29 Thomas Smith shirt.

tian1031cai 28-07-2011 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electrock2 (Post 58069824)
i agree with this statement. they are only fabric sellers and not the actual tailors. They won't pay special attention to special needs like *no offence* a tummy or a bigger arse.

Thats my opinion.

I have heard ZERO positive reviews about these tailors in BKK. sizes doesn't fit. shirts shrink. discolouration.
promise of the sky, but end up worse than a $29 Thomas Smith shirt.

if off the shelves shirts fit your body nicely then good for you
a tailored shirt in BKK only cost around SGD$40 or less, you get to choose the dimensions of your shirt/types of fabric/design e.t.c

i have decided to tailor make my office wears after my BKK trip 2 mths ago

most important is for you to feel comfortable wearing what you have purchased

tailor or measurer doesnt bother me as long as i like the final product

of coz the price must be reasonable

candychng 28-07-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wryer (Post 58062059)
Interested in Crown Tailor's visit too. Where will they be? So they will be taking measurements and then send the finished product from Thailand?

I have contacted Sam and made an appointment to see him with my hubby. Their prices will be in SGD inclusive of Postage & taxes, sent by courier, directly to your home/office.

He will be staying at the:

Orchard Parade Hotel

1 Tanglin Road
Singapore 247905

You want to join us for the appointment??

evewbb 28-07-2011 12:15 PM

Hi, does anyone knows if there's a min no. of shirts/pants that we need to order for Crown Tailor's visit in Singapore?

candychng 28-07-2011 03:50 PM

Hi all,

Just got a reply from Sam regarding the prices... Shirts priced at S$52 onwards and pants from $89, including door-to-door postage & taxes from BKK to SIN. Dun think there is a min order.. cos I already told Sam me n hubby likely to make a pair of shirt and pants each to see his workmanship first.

I just confirmed my appointment with Sam on 12 Aug at 7.30pm. Anyone want to join me? We may get cheaper rates...

slkdloly 31-07-2011 12:30 AM

hey guys, i'm really glad to see people are sharing so much information in this thread. looks like i will be trying out Boss Tailor this trip in august.

may i have to exact address of Boss Tailor? thank you.

and please tell me they do suits like casual two button slim cut with good skills!

thanks a million!

Condor 01-08-2011 09:41 PM

Back to this thread after a long absence. I bought my tickets to BKK in late Oct and this time I guess I will tailor a cheap suit just for the vanity sake (I don't really foresee the opportunity of wearing but what the heck).

I previously shared my less than ideal experiences with Crown. The last time or 2 when they were in town, I went to see them with my shirts for alteration. Had a great discussion with them and knew more about their operations. To share a little, Crown have their "tailors" on the 2nd or 3rd floor of their Sukhumvit shop. Ok, not exactly tailors since they are not responsible for the piece. But what they do is to QC the tailored shirts to make sure the dimensions are consistent and according to the specifications. That's what they do all day long. Just to measure.

Anyway, although had a great discussion with Sam and Mana (stuck in their room due to rain and no other customers), the alteration wasn't great. They remeasured me, noted the differences in my shirt, saw me in another fitting shirt, and measured my fitting shirt. They gladly took my shirts back for alteration and deliver it back to me FOC. Kudos. Unfortunately, the shirts didn't match up to expectations. Fitment was not ideal. In fact I was just ready to dump them.

In all, for the same shirt, Crown measured and altered 3 times. Too bad for me the fitting is just not there. For Pinky and Boss, I get better fitting with less fittings and alterations. Maybe it's just luck, fate, or my mismatching dimensions? I'm not dismissing Crown yet just that it's taking a back seat for my own experiences.

After so long, I must say that my Pinky shirts are still looking the closest to "mint" condition. The shape stays and everything. Comfortable to wear. Boss' shirts are showing signs of worn. The shape is getting slightly tired if you get my meaning. BTW, Crown gave good comments on my Boss shirt as I worn one when I visited them.

That said, my personal recommendation remains. For a bit of a splurge, Pinky is good. A bit pricey but still affordable and good value I must say compared to rack shirts. Boss is good for daily wears. I would have no qualms going to Boss.

Had intended to try our Paul's for the good price but seems like the review is not great?

For those new to this thread, please take some time to read the pages. Lotsa great sharing and I believe I also included a map on the tailor's location.

tekster 01-08-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slkdloly (Post 58176594)
hey guys, i'm really glad to see people are sharing so much information in this thread. looks like i will be trying out Boss Tailor this trip in august.

may i have to exact address of Boss Tailor? thank you.

and please tell me they do suits like casual two button slim cut with good skills!

thanks a million!

i got post some pics in this thread. try searching for it.

in short, take the BTS skytrain to nana station. before you exit, search for their signboard which got a big word "boss". after that, exit the station and follow the sign. QED. heh...

grantt 01-08-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekster (Post 58232324)
i got post some pics in this thread. try searching for it.

in short, take the BTS skytrain to nana station. before you exit, search for their signboard which got a big word "boss". after that, exit the station and follow the sign. QED. heh...

Its super easy to find all these shops listed. And as they are not far from one another, I'd recommend you give all three (Boss, Crown, Jhasper) a try. Then you can post your results for everyone to see!

bjory 01-08-2011 10:54 PM

Jhasper is good. Especially their after sales service.

candychng 04-08-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjory (Post 58234576)
Jhasper is good. Especially their after sales service.

How's the pricing of Jhasper's compared to Crown?? Jhasper's tailor is a lady, right?

bjory 05-08-2011 01:26 AM

I think the prices are quite reasonable starting around 800 baht for the basic cloth.

Yes they have a lady mastercraft so it's quite suitable for ladies too.

candychng 06-08-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjory (Post 58329316)
I think the prices are quite reasonable starting around 800 baht for the basic cloth.

Yes they have a lady mastercraft so it's quite suitable for ladies too.

Thanks for the info, dude!!

thomsonooi 08-08-2011 11:52 AM

back from bkk and went to pinky!

did 2 shirts for 1000thb and one for 1500thb, one pants for 2000thb.

total damage is 5500thb! abit more than what i'm looking to spend, but worth it since the fit and workmanship is really good :) my first time tailoring so nt sure abt alot of things, they're very patient and explain to me slowly, even though there're other customers (mostly angmohs) waiting to be served.

IceX 09-08-2011 03:01 AM

Went to bkk few days back and tailored a shirt from Boss Avenue. The price was cheap at only 850 batt and the boss was really friendly though I had to alter the sleeves part 1 time as it was slightly baggy. Good service..one thing I've noticed from the first fitting was that there were many SG customers patronizing him haha

sFerragamo 09-08-2011 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceX (Post 58447836)
Went to bkk few days back and tailored a shirt from Boss Avenue. The price was cheap at only 850 batt and the boss was really friendly though I had to alter the sleeves part 1 time as it was slightly baggy. Good service..one thing I've noticed from the first fitting was that there were many SG customers patronizing him haha

will be visitng boss and jhasper and maybe crown this Friday frist thing when after i check in. will post some reviews after.

grantt 09-08-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sFerragamo (Post 58448267)
will be visitng boss and jhasper and maybe crown this Friday frist thing when after i check in. will post some reviews after.

try a couple of shirts in all three shops :p Be the guinea pig for everyone else! haha.

sFerragamo 10-08-2011 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 58461235)
try a couple of shirts in all three shops :p Be the guinea pig for everyone else! haha.

Definitely going to try at least 2/3, but go there see see first.
Only 2nd time tailoring in BKK.

Last year was at Bayoke Sky below, CHU tailors and Canali.

Canali - 600B per shirt but quality slightly below avg.
CHU - 700B or 750B per shirt shirt is avg quality.

hoping to find good quality this time round.

evewbb 11-08-2011 10:57 PM

Went for Crown Tailor in Singapore today.

Overall they have 3 main range of fabrics for pants and shirting.
Rookie
Executive
CEO? --> can't rem

There is an additional Premium range for shirting which costs SGD$140/piece

Do note that there's a min order of 4 pieces (shirt or pants) - u can combine with friends in order for them to send back to Singapore.

He allows self-collection in back in BKK which he says pricing will be same as BKK.
For the premium range it was a whooping 3000baht.

Overall the younger guy (I presume is Mana) was able to provide quite decent suggestions.

grantt 12-08-2011 10:18 AM

Cooool - I assume the remaining,

Rookie
Executive
CEO? --> can't rem

Was normal (budget oriented) price for us?

evewbb 12-08-2011 10:31 AM

If my memory does not fail me,

Rookie - 4 shirts for SGD$209
Executive - 4 shirts for SGD$269
CEO - can't rem ~ 4 shirts should be SGD$300 odd

sFerragamo 12-08-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sFerragamo (Post 58478839)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sFerragamo (Post 58478839)

Visited jasper and boss today and boss is more flexible with pricings 3 for 2700 for full cotton. Will update again after I go for the first fitting tomorrow

grantt 13-08-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sFerragamo (Post 58570224)
Visited jasper and boss today and boss is more flexible with pricings 3 for 2700 for full cotton. Will update again after I go for the first fitting tomorrow

It sounds like you got scammed because we all know that with the influx of cotton price this year (over 300%) all over the world, you cannot get 100% cotton for 900 baht :(. Keep us updated to fit etc.

sFerragamo 13-08-2011 04:20 PM

Ok we shall see the fitting. Never expect much quality for 900b anyway

sFerragamo 14-08-2011 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sFerragamo (Post 58589389)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sFerragamo (Post 58589389)

Jasper was quite disappointing even though I told her I want the shirt to very fitting but was very loose when I try it whereas boss knows my needs better and no change is required. In the end ordered 6 from boss. Would personally recommend boss to kakis here

sFerragamo 14-08-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sFerragamo (Post 58604117)
Jasper was quite disappointing even though I told her I want the shirt to very fitting but was very loose when I try it whereas boss knows my needs better and no change is required. In the end ordered 6 from boss. Would personally recommend boss to kakis here

Quote:

Originally Posted by sFerragamo (Post 58604117)

Also the fact that initials cost 200b extra at jasper while boss gave it foc...

grantt 14-08-2011 01:57 AM

sounds like boss did a good job for you - how come you didn't try paul or crown? you weren't a good guinea pig bro :p

sFerragamo 14-08-2011 10:51 AM

Sorry bro I thought just wanted to stick to my budget and crown is like abit too ex.
Hope the final pieces come out alright

slkdloly 19-08-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sFerragamo (Post 58610705)
Sorry bro I thought just wanted to stick to my budget and crown is like abit too ex.
Hope the final pieces come out alright

post some pics please! will really appreciate your effort. :)

grantt 19-08-2011 11:26 AM

You paid 900 Baht for a scammed shirt, i doubt crown is anything more! Oh well - that's why we are here to learn where to avoid and where to go. And I agree - post the pics so we can see how good or bad jhasper/boss turned out to be and I'm sure everyone will be most appreciative :)