www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

bernart 24-10-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatsit (Post 80606616)
if i want to make full suit, how long does it usually take?

Adding on to his question. Planning to head to crown to tailor a full suit too. Do they outsource it to their factories or tailor it in house? Anyone knows?

Bishio 25-10-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatsit (Post 80606616)
if i want to make full suit, how long does it usually take?

best to give 4 days to a week. in between try the fittings.

xtwis7 25-10-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Chang (Post 80595012)
becos most of these shops only sell textile and take measurement. there are no actual in-house tailors unless we are talking about narin etc. the tailoring are done by different workshops that the job is out-sourced to.

Yup. Even those that appear to be quite upscale like Tailor on Ten are also not in-house. Narin is bespoke/couture level already where he takes the measurements and he's also the one cutting. Probably will not try such high level tailoring for a long time.

tatsit 25-10-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bishio (Post 80629099)
best to give 4 days to a week. in between try the fittings.

u got make there before ah?

Alpha_Hippo 25-10-2013 04:13 PM

It is almost impossible to get a good suit at 4 days unless the master tailor has no business and only work on your suit.

Fused suit i dunno the reasonable turnaround. My full canvas suit from Savile Row takes 8 weeks with 3 fittings.

tatsit 25-10-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha_Hippo (Post 80630589)
It is almost impossible to get a good suit at 4 days unless the master tailor has no business and only work on your suit.

Fused suit i dunno the reasonable turnaround. My full canvas suit from Savile Row takes 8 weeks with 3 fittings.

yours sounds very expensive type

rVn_mUfC 25-10-2013 06:13 PM

Actually i don't think its wise to do a suit in Bangkok if you are there for just a couple of days. Given a short time frame, its impossible for you to get a good suit. Its better off to just get a suit from the department store if you are not that concern with quality/fitting in the first place.

meridian 26-10-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p00p00 (Post 80505275)
Some pics as requested...

http://i.imgur.com/KpjHfwV.jpg

*some flowery details in the middle shirt which is too dark to see from the pic

http://i.imgur.com/4nz2zQ5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TRKGxnv.jpg

My little review of boss:

Went on a late monday morning and was served by VJ. Shop was empty and i had full attention of him.

There's alot of fabrics to choose from at Boss. After a long time, i chose a total of 6 shirts and 2 pants to be made. I let VJ recommend the details along the neck/cuff area as well as the cuff types (i chose 3 types of cuffs, 2 for each type and he makes the decisions for me). The total cost for 6 shirts + 2 pants was 9750baht. Everything was done pretty fast (10mins?) after confirming the fabrics.

My first fitting was scheduled the next day at 5.30pm. The shop was filled with youngsters most probably from hwz and I had to wait for around 30mins for my fitting :s13:. I was left alone with my gf sitting in a corner while the guys were busy with the customers. I would have been pissed if this is my first time in the shop and being left alone without attention ;)

Shirt fitting was perfect while my pants was too tight around the waste and crotch area (like kena balls squeezed). VJ told me he will loosen the crotch area abit and he can deliver the stuffs to my hotel on thurs evening (T+3). Went to Thong Lor to jiak my dinner after that since it was nearby!

Tried all the shirts and pants that night (T+3) and everything was perfect except the 2nd pair of pants which was too baggy at the thigh area. Had to go down to the Boss again to make the alteration in the morning of T+4. VJ told me the pants will be done within 3hrs and delivered again to the hotel.

Overall, i felt that the entire experience was quite good for the money spent (around $50 for each shirt/pants). No doubt it was troublesome to go back again for alterations, they kind of compensated it by providing delivery services back to the hotel. There will definitely be hits and misses (not sure why the first pair of pants was perfect while the 2nd one was too baggy) during the whole tailoring experience. My suggestion is not to tailor any clothes if you are visiting bkk for 3D2N... the whole process will be pretty rushed and things will turn sour if there's not enough time to make amendments.

hi,
if im arriving bangkok on a friday afternoon, and leaving on the next tuesday afternoon,
will there be enough time to tailor make?
its only about 3 full days (sat, sun, mon), and mayb few hours on fri and tue.
thanks!

Bishio 26-10-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatsit (Post 80629141)
u got make there before ah?

I nv make suits before only shirts n pants. but best is to always give them more time. cos usually first time fitting wont be that gd n perfect.

but becos u r making a full suit u want to have the best fitting possible so have to allocate more time. since have to give more time stay in a cheap hotel or service apartment.

Bishio 26-10-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meridian (Post 80652327)
hi,
if im arriving bangkok on a friday afternoon, and leaving on the next tuesday afternoon,
will there be enough time to tailor make?
its only about 3 full days (sat, sun, mon), and mayb few hours on fri and tue.
thanks!

sunday their tailors not working. so time is very tight for u.

I fly on thur, fri morning go make 2 shirts 1 pants. sat night collect n do 2 fittings on sat I already feel quite tight the timing.

btw I went to crown tailor. go early on their opening timing.

meridian 26-10-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bishio (Post 80652731)
sunday their tailors not working. so time is very tight for u.

I fly on thur, fri morning go make 2 shirts 1 pants. sat night collect n do 2 fittings on sat I already feel quite tight the timing.

btw I went to crown tailor. go early on their opening timing.

Icic
Then when did u collect ur shirts?
If I go on fri till tue afternoon depart from bkk ? Will there be enough time?
Thanks!

Edit: how much does ur shirt cost each?

Bishio 26-10-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meridian (Post 80654712)
Icic
Then when did u collect ur shirts?
If I go on fri till tue afternoon depart from bkk ? Will there be enough time?
Thanks!

Edit: how much does ur shirt cost each?

eh I say sat nite I collect. did fitting on sat morning. then edit the clothes cos not fitting then did 2nd fitting at nite and happy with it.

cant rmb that was like 1 yr ago. ard 1200 bhat for a shirt.

Alpha_Hippo 26-10-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatsit (Post 80630779)
yours sounds very expensive type

yes but what you pay is what you get in the world of tailoring

gerbers76 27-10-2013 11:54 AM

can try this not bad! =]

Boss-Avenue custom tailor,(662).252.6042* 119 Soi Sukhumvit 7 Khwang Khlongtoey Nuea Khet Watthana Bangkok 10110

prices quite afforable depanding on material.

TiggerD 30-10-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 80629119)
Yup. Even those that appear to be quite upscale like Tailor on Ten are also not in-house. Narin is bespoke/couture level already where he takes the measurements and he's also the one cutting. Probably will not try such high level tailoring for a long time.

Tailor On Ten is one of the few places that does offer in-House tailoring. i have just returned from TOT, made three shirts ( Thomas Mason) and a jacket from 100% wool. I love everything. They have recently opened up another private fitting room upstairs so now they have three of these so no pressure to get fitted quick and not crowded. I asked Dep the staff to see where my shirts were made and he took me to the back and there are three shirt tailors making shirts in a room, all the machines are there and everything. My jacket was also cut and stitched in the shop ( I saw other jackets being cut and stitched by 3 other tailors ( not the same as the shirt tailors ( also in the shop). So it is inhouse production and the end results show.