Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend?

coachie

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my experience at paul fashion. Went there made shirts last wkend. Whole shop is like full of sinkies. There make shirt is 1000 baht. 100% cotton is 1200b, bt like no one makes 1200b one. Make more shirts also no discount. Service wise nt gd, especially e one tat served us. U choose e cloth, he wont bother to give any suggestion. By right u can choose a lot of different designs n patterns for collar, buttons, cuffs etc. I first time make, nt sure what i want, bt he cant b bothered to give u any suggestions or choice. If u dun tell wat u want, i tink he will give u everything by default w/o asking if u want any add-ons.

Is it like tat for other tailors as well? I saw the some customers in other shops, they were holding a booklet which seems like diff designs for them to choose frm...

iamxinw

Reaction score
No, it's not "partial canvassing" it's called a fused suit. All fused suits have canvassing too, a half canvass is something completely different and the suits at this price are fused.
Noted. I may need to check back with them. Cant be too sure on that. Could be fused as per you mentioned. Anything to check for on the physical jacket? Would like to learn more about it too. Thanks

Sent from my travelling buddy using GAGT

Last edited:

iamxinw

Reaction score
TOT charge 13500 thb, they don't offer 60% wool, they do a 90% wool I believe, so it's not the same.
they priced at 530 sgd now. Could have adjusted based on the low thb rate. The pricing guide line is based on their listed jacket price plus pants price. During my earlier in this year May, its at 14000baht. Thats for a 70% wool blend.
The pricing is available on their website. Got to appluad them for being transparent.

What happen was that i made the bottom at tot at a previous trip then i approach jesse for the top (bringing the bottom from). I saw the fabric label its sewn into the pants. We did a confirmation when i pick the material for the matching jacket.

iamxinw

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my experience at paul fashion. Went there made shirts last wkend. Whole shop is like full of sinkies. There make shirt is 1000 baht. 100% cotton is 1200b, bt like no one makes 1200b one. Make more shirts also no discount. Service wise nt gd, especially e one tat served us. U choose e cloth, he wont bother to give any suggestion. By right u can choose a lot of different designs n patterns for collar, buttons, cuffs etc. I first time make, nt sure what i want, bt he cant b bothered to give u any suggestions or choice. If u dun tell wat u want, i tink he will give u everything by default w/o asking if u want any add-ons.

Is it like tat for other tailors as well? I saw the some customers in other shops, they were holding a booklet which seems like diff designs for them to choose frm...
Actually i do think those buy more give discount are usually gimmick.. Both tot and jesse pretty nett on the price. For tot.. They will go thru with you on all the customizable portion on ipad. All inclusive. But shirt starts at 2000 baht. Jesse starts at 1000 too. 1200 for plain. 1500 for those that tot charge at 2000. But they charge 100baht for customization. Mop buttons are free.

As mentioned on my previous post. I made shirts at tot and brought them to jesse. Same material lower price at jesse for sure. End of the day, service received by individual varies... Tot very professional.. But they seem to like angmoh better... Jesse made me feel more welcome... Jesse is less organised than TOT.. Oppss.. I guess i repeated my previous post on them which i made afew days ago... Do check it out..

vince84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi bros,

will be visiting bkk next mnth and plan to tailor a few shirts, budget around 1200-1500 baht. I have see some good reviews on tot and jesseandson, any other recommendation? still think if i wanna tailor a suit there any recommendation for budget around 5000 baht?

grantt

Reaction score
hi bros,

will be visiting bkk next mnth and plan to tailor a few shirts, budget around 1200-1500 baht. I have see some good reviews on tot and jesseandson, any other recommendation? still think if i wanna tailor a suit there any recommendation for budget around 5000 baht?

5000 baht tough for a suit nowadays in bkk - at least on sukhumvit (the better tailors). Sure on pratunam can get cheaper suit/shirt, but quality not so good. Not felled stitch and cheap polyester fabrics.

TOT
Crown
Jesse & Son

Cheaper:
Paul

Try walking in all and see if you have time!

iamxinw

Reaction score
5000 baht tough for a suit nowadays in bkk - at least on sukhumvit (the better tailors). Sure on pratunam can get cheaper suit/shirt, but quality not so good. Not felled stitch and cheap polyester fabrics.

TOT
Crown
Jesse & Son

Cheaper:
Paul

Same sentiments on the 5000 budget. U may still get it done. Dont expect good quality fabric and button material. Be very very detail and see properly when doing fitting. Other wise come back alter waste sgd again. Unfornately i learn thru the hard way.

gasband

Reaction score
Is there any reason that TOT prices are listed in SGD???? Or is it changing according to the country you are logging in from?

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recommendation for pants?

dun want those thick type material one.

vince84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

TOT
Crown
Jesse & Son

Cheaper:
Paul

Same sentiments on the 5000 budget. U may still get it done. Dont expect good quality fabric and button material. Be very very detail and see properly when doing fitting. Other wise come back alter waste sgd again. Unfornately i learn thru the hard way.

Thanks guys.

Whats the acceptable price range for a good suit? and any tips on what to look out for during fitting from your experience? sorry for asking newbie.. question

Hairyworm

Reaction score
First and last time I use K tailors. Shirts order on 18th of July. Till now I have not received it.

Since they mention there are problems delivering to SG so I ask em to send it to my friends in BKK. They say cant.

Utterly disappointed.

Th3Keeper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been going to crown for past few 6-7 years but hear say now quality not good anymore. Any other tailor thats good?

TiggerD

Reaction score
I did a half canvass suit at 10k baht.

So the half canvas you did...does it have canvas in the lapel? You should be able to feel three bits of fabric in the lapel, the top fabric, the canvas and the bottom fabric, (also see stitching underneath the lapel, rows of it). If not then it's not half canvas, in my experience so many tailors in Bangkok, Singapore and Hong Kong all say they do half canvas but they don't.

By the way, any bros used a tailor in Malaysia? any recommendations?

Toney_h

Reaction score
Can try Jhaspers Fashion, made some shirts, pants and a Blazer 2 months back with them, the quality is decent and clothes holding up well to the wear and tear, have recommended my friend also.

iamxinw

Reaction score
First and last time I use K tailors. Shirts order on 18th of July. Till now I have not received it.

Since they mention there are problems delivering to SG so I ask em to send it to my friends in BKK. They say cant.

Utterly disappointed.

guess they are tight on promotion now. too much traffic for gss maybe.

low price, oversea tailor factory. seems like it will such issue sooner or later

iamxinw

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Whats the acceptable price range for a good suit? and any tips on what to look out for during fitting from your experience? sorry for asking newbie.. question

same questions comes back to how to you define good.

imho.. fits well, feel good, not to ex? for me 10k baht or 400sgd seems reasonable. was very disappointed with those at lower price range. afterall it is very subjective, too many elements to determine the price point.

pants: fills up on the thigh when seated, not too much slack and loose when standing.

jacket: i look for gapping from the shirt collar to the jacket opening(neck and chest area.
button placement and quality of button used.
whether the waist time fits well. look sharp, not too loose or tight.
should able to raise ur arms to shoulder level. look at how does the sleeves folds up.. sleeve should be slightly taperred other wise the collar area can be very big.
the shoulder padding it another area, shouldnt be wider than your own.

this are all personal opinion. i suggest you look for tips in pinterest. there are way too much info online to write about. cheers.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.