HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend?

Like Tree197Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #1501
Supremacy Member

Tailor On Ten is one of the few places that does offer in-House tailoring. i have just returned from TOT, made three shirts ( Thomas Mason) and a jacket from 100% wool. I love everything. They have recently opened up another private fitting room upstairs so now they have three of these so no pressure to get fitted quick and not crowded. I asked Dep the staff to see where my shirts were made and he took me to the back and there are three shirt tailors making shirts in a room, all the machines are there and everything. My jacket was also cut and stitched in the shop ( I saw other jackets being cut and stitched by 3 other tailors ( not the same as the shirt tailors ( also in the shop). So it is inhouse production and the end results show.
They only have full cotton shirt which start at 1700 now right? Minimum 3 pieces?
rVn_mUfC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #1502

They only have full cotton shirt which start at 1700 now right? Minimum 3 pieces?
Yeah, pure cotton only, 1700thb, you can put contrasts and monogram and lots of details included in this price. Honestly the service is very different, if you want more than a transactional purchase go there. Tip, flag down any of the electric cars or tuk tuks and ask for a lift or take motorbike taxi, its a bit of a walk!
TiggerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #1503
Supremacy Member

Yeah, pure cotton only, 1700thb, you can put contrasts and monogram and lots of details included in this price. Honestly the service is very different, if you want more than a transactional purchase go there. Tip, flag down any of the electric cars or tuk tuks and ask for a lift or take motorbike taxi, its a bit of a walk!
I tried them last time, previously they have blended material at 1100. but the cotton one at 1700 are worth their pricing, service is good as well. Just that if they r looking to do minimum 3 pieces now, then i may look to try out Tanika or Milan Suit.
rVn_mUfC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #1504

I tried them last time, previously they have blended material at 1100. but the cotton one at 1700 are worth their pricing, service is good as well. Just that if they r looking to do minimum 3 pieces now, then i may look to try out Tanika or Milan Suit.
Fair enough, but go to Tanika, Milan is not in the same league as TOT and Tanika.
TiggerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #1505

Fair enough, but go to Tanika, Milan is not in the same league as TOT and Tanika.
If you have money to spend and want the best in Bangkok, Narin would be worth a shot too! 2500 THB and up

If you are looking at cheaper tiers, I'd look into TOT and Crown. Tanika may also be a little too expensive!

Talk about tailoring - time to plan another trip to the tailors...update the wardrobe wifey not going to like my bill
grantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #1506

Talk about tailoring - time to plan another trip to the tailors...update the wardrobe wifey not going to like my bill
just point to her bags and shoes and i think we will still be one up.
Jordan Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #1507
High Supremacy Member

take note that 100% cotton shirts crumple and crease very very easily.

u decide whether u want or not.
Old 31-10-2013, 08:07 PM   #1508
Master Member

take note that 100% cotton shirts crumple and crease very very easily.

u decide whether u want or not.
So what combination is Good?
ralphlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #1509
Arch-Supremacy Member

So what combination is Good?
blended if you dun like 100% cotton. Typical they add polyster for the easy iron function.

2 plys cotton is the only way. the creases are fine.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #1510

Hi, does anyone know if Paul fashion opens on Sunday and if it can deliver the tailoring in 3 days? If not, do they send it to singapore?
OSYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:29 AM   #1511
Master Member

blended if you dun like 100% cotton. Typical they add polyster for the easy iron function.

2 plys cotton is the only way. the creases are fine.
blended is lousy material ah?
What do you mean by cotton is the only way?
ralphlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #1512
Master Member

Actually i don't think its wise to do a suit in Bangkok if you are there for just a couple of days. Given a short time frame, its impossible for you to get a good suit. Its better off to just get a suit from the department store if you are not that concern with quality/fitting in the first place.
i have no experience w suit, if lets say book 7 days to bangkok...everyday go for fitting...able to get a nice fitting suit?
Old 02-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #1513
Arch-Supremacy Member

i have no experience w suit, if lets say book 7 days to bangkok...everyday go for fitting...able to get a nice fitting suit?
7 days more than ebuf. I did mine when i was there fr 4 days 3 nights. Went back 3 times including collection

Just avoid sundays and PH thailand if wana b safe
Didjerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #1514
Supremacy Member

Leaving for Bangkok today... 330pm flight. Leaving tues afternoon....

Was thinkin to get a 2 pc suit, but looks like I won't hv enough time right?

Expected prices will be about 6k baht?

Current recommendations are still boss and crown?
cowed77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #1515
Master Member

oh i wanted to ask which shop makes better good looking fitting suit?
i simply have no experience in suit. So what do i look out for ?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.