www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

reign 19-02-2014 12:25 PM

will be going to TOT to make a suit, hope will be good there. Actually still thinking hard to make it Crown.

Also, can which material is more recommended for local Singapore weather?

slang 20-02-2014 02:28 AM

which tailor is highly recommended for suit, for the best professional advise and wide range of choices? honest service as well.
Tot or crown? or others?

grantt 23-02-2014 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slang (Post 83666215)
which tailor is highly recommended for suit, for the best professional advise and wide range of choices? honest service as well.
Tot or crown? or others?

Tried and tested both - and both are awesome, so it depends on how much you want to spend. Crown are slightly cheaper and is my families tailor, but TOT also has some good clothes to offer - go to both and decide?

slang 23-02-2014 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 83741230)
Tried and tested both - and both are awesome, so it depends on how much you want to spend. Crown are slightly cheaper and is my families tailor, but TOT also has some good clothes to offer - go to both and decide?

thank you! are both tot and crown near to each other?
which hotel u pick usually for either of these tailor

delay 25-02-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slang (Post 83764008)
thank you! are both tot and crown near to each other?
which hotel u pick usually for either of these tailor

yes same street
200m apart

darknezx 04-03-2014 10:27 PM

Posting to warn people about Boss Avenue. Read decent reviews about them. Bought 6 shirts and 2 pants. The quality is terrible. Bought for 1 month already, and so am not posting in a fit of anger. (I must also say that I was inexperienced at looking out for what a well tailored shirt should have.)

http://i.imgur.com/vNuQllY.jpg?1
The button at the back pocket was like that after the first wash. Terrible.

http://i.imgur.com/cclrD74.jpg
Threading for button and pocket seams are coming loose after several washes.

Dave also assured me that the sleeve length (slightly too long by an inch) will be alright, because the shirts will shrink around an inch after washes. Up til now, it has been at least 10 washes and the sleeves for all 6 shirts are still almost 1 inch longer than it should be. :vijayadmin::vijayadmin:

Personally, will advise never to go to Boss Avenue. Would rather spend more to go to Crown, at least the workmanship would be better. The material for the shirts are good, but those for the pants are just downright awful.

stefinity 11-03-2014 10:33 PM

tried Paul's at Amari Watergate which is well known to Singaporeans but my boyfriend went the other day.. measurements were off.
Better if you bring an existing shirt that fits you well there for them...

FerreroForte 12-03-2014 02:36 PM

LEWL. IT LOOKS LIKE **** HAHAHAHA

FerreroForte 12-03-2014 02:37 PM

aiya but then again. iz jus ur own experience. so many other vendor there dat can b quite gd

ghwong 18-03-2014 09:36 AM

Brioni @ Bangkok

Was in BKK for 4D3N trip last weekend.
When to Brioni @ Bangkok for get 2 shirts and 2 pants..
As I'm quite tall for a local here, I hardly get a good fit of shirts and pants in SG/MY, so I give a try for the first time to tailor made..
I was introduced by tuktuk driver to this shop, was quoted 3 shirts and 3 pants and 2 ties (free) for B7500 but as I'm not sure with the quality and workmanship I opt for 2S2P for B5000, measurement was very fast ~5mins.. lots of fabric for to choose from. (price quiet reasonable to me not really sure how is the market rate there).
Quite satisfy with the fitting and quality (as-is-it) for now.. Yet to wash and check the for quality after that.
But they make a mistake for my MTM shirts, told them I need from pocket but came without, called them was was quickly brushes off by saying it is not the trend now and told me if I want I can bring back to alter but I wont be in time ti catch my flight back.
On my way back.. I went to a tailor shop just below Baiyoke Sky Hotel.. was quote with cheaper price for shirt and pant with each B900 and B1200 (the shop owner say can be ready within 3-4hours):eek:

reign 18-03-2014 12:26 PM

Need to have Belt

Will like enquire For Suits, Which is Better? With or without Belt.

TiggerD 19-03-2014 10:59 AM

You shouldn't have to wear a belt with your suit trousers, the fit should be good enough not to warrant it. Traditionally, belts were a sign of ill-fitting trousers. Today, it's more a matter of style, what you prefer. Some people like the contrast of the leather and some people want to show of a flashy belt buckle. Up to you.

bluebluesky16 19-03-2014 11:12 AM

Somehow rather i feel that tailoring shirts in BKK is a heng-suay thing haha
i tried tailoring there everytime i go bkk and the effect is always different (sometime good sometime lousy)
Am juz hoping the outcome would be good everytime i go there ;p

guitar123 19-03-2014 08:34 PM

GMC at Amarin Plaza

I have had very good experience with GMC Style at Amarin Plaza. Tailored three times already, including 2 suits, many shirts and many pants. The quality is good and I only wear their shirts and pants for work now.

Check out my blog post for more info - Guitar 123 Singapore Food and Travel Blog! : GMC Tailors, Bangkok, Thailand

d3n 19-03-2014 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghwong (Post 84322762)
Was in BKK for 4D3N trip last weekend.
When to Brioni @ Bangkok for get 2 shirts and 2 pants..
As I'm quite tall for a local here, I hardly get a good fit of shirts and pants in SG/MY, so I give a try for the first time to tailor made..
I was introduced by tuktuk driver to this shop, was quoted 3 shirts and 3 pants and 2 ties (free) for B7500 but as I'm not sure with the quality and workmanship I opt for 2S2P for B5000, measurement was very fast ~5mins.. lots of fabric for to choose from. (price quiet reasonable to me not really sure how is the market rate there).
Quite satisfy with the fitting and quality (as-is-it) for now.. Yet to wash and check the for quality after that.
But they make a mistake for my MTM shirts, told them I need from pocket but came without, called them was was quickly brushes off by saying it is not the trend now and told me if I want I can bring back to alter but I wont be in time ti catch my flight back.
On my way back.. I went to a tailor shop just below Baiyoke Sky Hotel.. was quote with cheaper price for shirt and pant with each B900 and B1200 (the shop owner say can be ready within 3-4hours):eek:

usually tuk tuk bring u to cut throat shops one cos they earn commission for referral. nvr believe them