www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

sFerragamo 20-08-2011 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slkdloly (Post 58765467)
post some pics please! will really appreciate your effort. :)

how to post pics? last time i tried, wasnt allowed to.

sFerragamo 20-08-2011 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 58768594)
You paid 900 Baht for a scammed shirt, i doubt crown is anything more! Oh well - that's why we are here to learn where to avoid and where to go. And I agree - post the pics so we can see how good or bad jhasper/boss turned out to be and I'm sure everyone will be most appreciative :)

Just to share my overall personal experience for someone who is a very easy person and no expert in tailor and also do not care about material and cuttings but more for design and fittings.

i think Jhasper dont scam you but the experience is not fantastic. they just stick to their fixed price policy and charge for anything extra. Anyway personally i wasnt going for quality and 850b+ at Boss is considered expensive compared to the last tailor i visited at baiyoke where i paid 550b+ per shirt.

Also, for the low range cloths, most tailors carry the same designs and the difference is only the cutting. I was surprised and disappointed to go into both Jhasper and Boss to see the same designs that i made last year.

For bros here who want to have the real 100% cotton, I think Jhasper is the place to go for 1200b. Made one myself and im not even sure its 100% cotton but the material is thicker. Or you have to try pinky and crown and i cant comment as i did not try them. As for any other tailors that i went, everyone will scam you with 850b+(after discount) '100% cotton shirts'.
So 100% has become a term to try to milk 100b extra from you. If you are comfortable with this, as I am, then go to Boss. If you want shirts below 700b, then go to Baiyoke Pratunum area where designs are the same, services are great, fitting not as good only.

Cheers

grantt 20-08-2011 04:30 AM

If you say that, then I think should comment that that's what makes pinky & crown stand out from the rest, in the sense that they don't scam their fabrics. From past experiences & knowledge, as cheap and as good as Boss & Jhasper may be, they still scam their customers with their fabrics and that is NOT good in the long run. You may be getting cheaper shirts today, but 2 washes down the line, they turn into Crap.

That's kind of why Crown & Pinky (till today as far as I see everytime I walk into their store) always have returning customers, or new customers making clothes from them. Walk into Crown or Pinky and you'll see what i mean! By the way bro's, this is my 2 cents, and if anyone disagree's please inform so we can also know the difference in thoughts!

keigo0 12-09-2011 08:47 PM

how long does crown take to make say one shirt?

i will be going to bangkok for 3d2n...enough time?

Kensuke11 12-09-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keigo0 (Post 59529464)
how long does crown take to make say one shirt?

i will be going to bangkok for 3d2n...enough time?

If u go on early on day 1 should b fine

evewbb 13-09-2011 10:44 AM

anyone tried making casual blazers at crown? any feedback? TIA

itachisama 13-09-2011 04:57 PM

Hi, I'm heading to BKK soon.

Thinking of tailoring a casual blazer and probably 1 or 2 shirts.

I heard about pinky, crown and boss.

Which one is the best in terms of quality then best for bucks.
Shirt wise i'm going for slim fit and maybe some contrast with button holes and inner fabric. Roughly how much in SGD or baht?

itachisama 13-09-2011 04:57 PM

-double post-

blueodyssey 13-09-2011 11:50 PM

I also heading to BKK soon.
Finalised on Crown.
Pinky is extremely ex lah... esp their suits.
Boss is a little out of the way unfortunately.
Hopefully I make the correct choice.

h3he_haha 15-09-2011 03:27 PM

Hi guys,

for those who have gone to crown..

how much are their price range like. I email them to enquire and they quote me 3000 for a 2ply egyptian cotton shirt and 1500 onward for pants.

seems abit ex? or is it just me being stingy... LOL...

guys can advise?

grantt 16-09-2011 11:33 AM

The thing about this whole tailoring in bangkok is that most of the shops they lie about the fabrics. As we all already know from this forum, crown was selling some shirts 1000 - 1500 and for the best stuff they sell like 3000 lah. So, no need to go for the best! Just a good one will do..once in a while i overspend too and go for that crazy expensive one, but ONLY one!

Personally - crown has modern cutting and clothes that stay good for a long time, and that is what is important for me! Maybe see you next time you go by - i also will be going probably in a month's time - been a while, need some new flowers ;)

Condor 17-09-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 59626602)
The thing about this whole tailoring in bangkok is that most of the shops they lie about the fabrics. As we all already know from this forum, crown was selling some shirts 1000 - 1500 and for the best stuff they sell like 3000 lah. So, no need to go for the best! Just a good one will do..once in a while i overspend too and go for that crazy expensive one, but ONLY one!

Personally - crown has modern cutting and clothes that stay good for a long time, and that is what is important for me! Maybe see you next time you go by - i also will be going probably in a month's time - been a while, need some new flowers ;)

hey grantt, i'll be going on deepavali for a week. maybe we can meetup haha...

h3he_haha 20-09-2011 11:16 AM

Just came back from Crown yesterday... pretty impressed with their cutting and pricing.

2,200 baht for 2 shirts and 4,000 for 2 pants.. i guess i agree that cutting and fit is most important to go along with affordable price and they just 1 and 1/2 days to complete everthing. nicely done.

Hulk55 20-09-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h3he_haha (Post 59733748)
Just came back from Crown yesterday... pretty impressed with their cutting and pricing.

2,200 baht for 2 shirts and 4,000 for 2 pants.. i guess i agree that cutting and fit is most important to go along with affordable price and they just 1 and 1/2 days to complete everthing. nicely done.

Seems like you have paid more as I tailored my pants at Pinky and last time at Jhasper for lesser price and they fit me great. Used it many times and is still going strong.

itachisama 20-09-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h3he_haha (Post 59733748)

Bro care to show pic?

bakasa2002 20-09-2011 08:35 PM

hi bro who have tailored in bkk b4, wld like to chk if how's the material like? Any like wrinkle free material? I am quite lazy to iron type. Hehehe ... If it is high maintenance, I will most likely continue buying locally. :)

grantt 21-09-2011 01:22 AM

So many wrinkle free material. If you want wrinkle free - don't go for 100% egyptian cotton. Most places will tell you it is, but trust me, for 1000 baht over, it can't be! There is so many blends you can pick from all stores. They will definitely have fabrics that are wrinkle free :)

bakasa2002 21-09-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 59756683)
So many wrinkle free material. If you want wrinkle free - don't go for 100% egyptian cotton. Most places will tell you it is, but trust me, for 1000 baht over, it can't be! There is so many blends you can pick from all stores. They will definitely have fabrics that are wrinkle free :)

Thanks bro. :)

h3he_haha 21-09-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk55 (Post 59745094)
Seems like you have paid more as I tailored my pants at Pinky and last time at Jhasper for lesser price and they fit me great. Used it many times and is still going strong.

Wow :s31:
How much u pay for bro?

vaxvms 22-09-2011 02:40 PM

already mention so many time in forum in BKK u can choose make 650b shirt or a 3000b shirt...but fun expect same quality
for me now is getting quantity instead of quality....can have more design
unlike last time even go narin or so-call best tailor in SUK area

the choice is yours.....

grantt 23-09-2011 10:30 AM

vaxvms - i think that is not true. I have tried all cheap stuff and the best stuff, and there is a huge difference. That being said, I wouldn't buy the 3000 Baht shirt myself, and probably stick to the mid range around the 900-1600 Baht mark. But I also would not buy the 650 Baht shirt from the stores that offer that too. It's really a personal preference bros! Whatever you like - you should do :)

vaxvms 23-09-2011 02:26 PM

typo error i mean got different in quality

bakasa2002 23-09-2011 03:27 PM

Anyone be able to advise how long typically tailors mentioned in this thread to get a shirt ready? I understand most are not open on Sun, so wondering if I can collect by the time I depart on Tue afternoon. TIA. ;)

Hulk55 23-09-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h3he_haha (Post 59773021)
Wow :s31:
How much u pay for bro?

The one that I like is made from Jhasper...paid around 1,200 baht for pants...good material.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakasa2002 (Post 59822180)
Anyone be able to advise how long typically tailors mentioned in this thread to get a shirt ready? I understand most are not open on Sun, so wondering if I can collect by the time I depart on Tue afternoon. TIA. ;)

They typically take minimum 2-3 days if have 4 days is better. Better go on Sunday..some tailors are open you can email them or otherwise go on Monday early morning

bakasa2002 23-09-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk55 (Post 59824173)
The one that I like is made from Jhasper...paid around 1,200 baht for pants...good material.

They typically take minimum 2-3 days if have 4 days is better. Better go on Sunday..some tailors are open you can email them or otherwise go on Monday early morning

Sure bro, i will try my luck. ;)

LT_SIN 24-09-2011 09:09 AM

Hi all

just a review about jhasper. Ive got a few shirts and 2 suits from them. Overall they are just ok.

Just dont get they cheapest fabric for the shirts, after a few wash they are ruined but the more expensive material still like new.

Overall fitting was ok, it looked great when they fitted me but when I had returned back it didnt fit that well.

neways im returning back to bbk and thinking of trying:

1. tailor on ten
and
2. moonriver by vj

and reviews on these two? are they any good?

ive heard crown is good. is this right the crown address below?

Crown Tailor
Shop No. 13, Sukhumvit Soi 8,
Bangkok 10110. Thailand.
We are located just 20m inside of Sukhumvit Soi 8.

merlot6230 24-09-2011 09:24 AM

Can anyone advise the name of the fabric whereby dun wrinkle after wash or wear.

tks

hisoka?? 24-09-2011 12:23 PM

Thanks bros for all the wonderful info.

Read through the pages and seems like Either Boss or Crowne is good for the erm wallet conscious dude like me who wants an ok everyday shirt.

But can any one help to let me know if the shirts are lasting? e.g. still look new or ok after half year of regular wearing. Sorry if I missed it in browsing through, but it is quite a long thread...

Newbie to tailoring and looking to tailor like 10 shirts (change my whole wardrobe) at Bangkok next week :D

grantt 24-09-2011 02:23 PM

To all the answers:

1. 4 days is alot of time. Most of the bangkok tailors probably don't need that much time, but of course, more time is always better for everyone involved (especially us to holiday and skip work :D)

2. Long lasting shirts - that's where my last mention came in. Crown's (personal opinion) and pinkys (from reading through the thread) seem to make quality shirts compared to other tailors and thats why they seem to be the busiest.

3. The crown location - I don't know how to read that shop no. 13, but you basically walk in the street soi 8 and they can't be missed on your left. Like 10 seconds walk.

4. If you don't want wrinkle, take cotton with some blend. Don't do 100% cotton.

Btw bro's, most of the info already on the thread! - but i don't mind repeating anyways!

hisoka?? 24-09-2011 04:39 PM

THanks Grantt for the info and being so helpful :)

mikepang 24-09-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT_SIN (Post 59839656)
Hi all

just a review about jhasper. Ive got a few shirts and 2 suits from them. Overall they are just ok.

Just dont get they cheapest fabric for the shirts, after a few wash they are ruined but the more expensive material still like new.

Overall fitting was ok, it looked great when they fitted me but when I had returned back it didnt fit that well.

neways im returning back to bbk and thinking of trying:

1. tailor on ten
and
2. moonriver by vj

and reviews on these two? are they any good?

ive heard crown is good. is this right the crown address below?

Crown Tailor
Shop No. 13, Sukhumvit Soi 8,
Bangkok 10110. Thailand.
We are located just 20m inside of Sukhumvit Soi 8.

The expensive shirts are definitely better in feel and last longer than the cheaper ones, the cheaper ones just don't look as good after wearing for say...few months. That's why the saying goes "you get what you pay for"

If you read the whole forum from beginning, the whole tailoring experience with Bangkok tailors either crown, pinky, jhasper, boss all people in this forum have had different experiences to share. For some it has been negative, for some positive, and some so so. In my case I had a positive experience with Jhasper and a so so experience with crown. I guess everyone has their own personal opinions and experiences when it comes to tailoring :)

revenant 25-09-2011 07:50 PM

Any valuable for money tailor that do suit? Planning a 4 days trip in Dec.

Thanks.

kazuki666 25-09-2011 10:53 PM

I am going to bkk in Nov staying at Le Fenix in Sukhumvit Soi 11.
Any recommendations of good worksmanship and honest tailors nearby the hotel?

Btw, usually they do deliver to your hotel room, do they???

grantt 26-09-2011 09:46 AM

Guys, I must say you are quite lazy to read through the thread!!!!

As mentioned amany times on this forum, the 3 most repeated tailors on the forum

Crown Tailor (my personal rec)
Pinky (other people's rec on this forum)
Boss Avenue (other people's rec on this forum)

As to Soi 11, Crown or Boss is nearest! All tailors deliver!

creative_vitamin 26-09-2011 09:55 AM

personally i like Alex Fashion in Amari Watergate hotel.

the quality of the workmanship is very good and consistent.

The measurement are very well taken and service is good.

vaxvms 26-09-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakasa2002 (Post 59832737)
Sure bro, i will try my luck. ;)

sunday most will open but call to cfm

try tailor ur stuff on day of arrival
if stat=ying 2 or 3 nites than try not to make too manny in 1 shop as they might over-promise + sometime u need altering during fitting session

Hulk55 26-09-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazuki666 (Post 59884505)
I am going to bkk in Nov staying at Le Fenix in Sukhumvit Soi 11.
Any recommendations of good worksmanship and honest tailors nearby the hotel?

Btw, usually they do deliver to your hotel room, do they???

The most nearest tailor to your hotel is Jhasper which is also in Sukhumvit soi 11 just a few mins walk. You can also check them out as I have tailored clothes with them and can personally recommend.

blueodyssey 29-09-2011 12:38 AM

Just return from Crown Tailor too.

Spend over 12,000B for 1 suit, 3 shirts and 2 trousers.

The suit was 5,500B around S$227. Cut is good. First fitting was done and no alterations required!

The shirts and pants are good too. Not much alterations except I asked them to reduce the thigh section.

And bringing your samples shirts and trousers for them to refer really helps!

tazzycorner 04-10-2011 09:38 AM

hi guys .... i tried to read thru the thread but I must have missed out on this :

How to get to Crown? By taxi?
Is there a BTS station nearby?

Thanks!

Condor 04-10-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazzycorner (Post 60125002)
hi guys .... i tried to read thru the thread but I must have missed out on this :

Thanks!

can walk from nana +/- 1 stop. i previously posted a map of the tailors in the vicinity. look for it.

lordleslie 04-10-2011 08:25 PM

Hi, I'm going to BKK later at 5.30am. I'm going to stay at amari watergate and I will be there for 3 days 2 nights. Will it be enough time for the tailors like crown, etc to make the shirt?

tazzycorner 04-10-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 60139313)
can walk from nana +/- 1 stop. i previously posted a map of the tailors in the vicinity. look for it.

thanks for the reply
i looked up your post but the pic is now removed by the host

blueodyssey 04-10-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazzycorner (Post 60125002)

Thanks!

The nearest BTS station is NANA.
Crown is just 2 mins walk from this station.
By taxi is fine too but some drivers do not know their way! You can just also tell them BTS NANA station. Hopefully its easier for them to find their way there...

blueodyssey 04-10-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordleslie (Post 60141838)
Hi, I'm going to BKK later at 5.30am. I'm going to stay at amari watergate and I will be there for 3 days 2 nights. Will it be enough time for the tailors like crown, etc to make the shirt?

Usually 1 day to take measurement... 1 day for fitting... 1 day for collection.
Therefore 3 days 2 nites is extremely challenging imho.
If one of the days fall on Sunday... confirm cannot... because their tailor do not work on Sunday...though their shop is still open.

My recent experience with Crown is:
Day1 Friday: I reach shop after lunch time. Took my measurements. Asked to come back next day ard 5pm. I told them I leaving BKK on Monday night. Actual fact I am leaving on Tuesday noon but I wana leave some buffer just in case something screw up last min.

Day2 Saturday: I do fitting. Requested some MINOR alterations. Was asked to return on Monday cos Sunday tailor do not work.

Day4 Monday: I collected everything. I returned to hotel and I discovered they never return me my sample shirt! Called them and told them I leaving for the airport soon...they are nice enough to quickly despatch it to my hotel. So my last day in BKK worry free... all settled.

:s12:

lordleslie 05-10-2011 12:25 AM

whoa. i'll reach there wed morning and leave on friday noon. don't know can or not.

petesake 05-10-2011 10:41 PM

staying at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, a Royal Meridien Hotel for 3 nights starting sun. any good tailors nearby?

Dont feel like bringing my existing tailor shirts over for reference. wanna do new cutting. those at the back got 2 visible tapered lines de. Planning to do suit as well...

blueodyssey 05-10-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordleslie (Post 60149375)
whoa. i'll reach there wed morning and leave on friday noon. don't know can or not.

If you are just doing shirts... bring a good sample.
You can try your luck with Crown. Maybe they can since its a weekday.
The sample shirt will help them and greatly reduces the need to alter after the 1st fitting.

grantt 06-10-2011 10:00 AM

I'm sure should be ok. Usually most of us go over weekend and they get it done, so weekday should be easier for them I'm sure.

darknezz 06-10-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueodyssey (Post 59974502)
Just return from Crown Tailor too.
The suit was 5,500B around S$227. Cut is good. First fitting was done and no alterations required!
helps!

jus curious by suit do u mean jacket only or inclusive of ls shirt and pants?

Synergi 06-10-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darknezz (Post 60186040)
jus curious by suit do u mean jacket only or inclusive of ls shirt and pants?

I was there few days ago and Crown has 4 different categories of cloth for suits. B5000, B8000 and B10000 and B20000. All prices they quote are inclusive of suit and trousers as a set.