www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

anever 24-06-2014 11:41 PM

greetings all,

this thread has been helpful for my search for a gd tailor during my visit to bkk afew days back..

recee the nana bts area (including jsaper + some other random shops) and decided to go boss avenue.

Pricing
3x 2-ply 100% cotton @ 1300 each
2x 30% wool @ 1500 each

total dmg = 6500 post discount

price comparison for shirt (jsaper price)
1) 80% cotton = 950 (800)
2) 100% cotton = 1100 (1200)
3) 2 ply 100% = 1300 (forgot)

pants at jsaper (soi 11, spelling is wrong but whatever...) for the same material/very similar as the one i got at Boss is 1200 but i am lazy to walk to 2 places for fitting... in case outcome is poor, i have to kpkb at 2 places.

this is the 3rd tailor i visited in thailand (greenhorn, entered the workforce in 2013 with a weird body shape so i have to go tailor, bo bian) and boss is not the cheapest. during my previous 2 visits somewhere else, i got 6 x 1-ply 100% cotton at 800 baht each but later found out 2 of them to be 80% cotton... still cheap. workmanship for boss is better than the previous 2 (cannot commend on durability yet), service is much better as well, dave and VJ were helpful and honest with their feedbacks during fitting, they could smoke their way thru which meant less work from adjustments but they didnt.

if all goes well, will most prob stick with them for shirts until fabric options run out.. pants wise, i may try jsaper next, for the price.

ps. met a singaporean, he made 2x suit at 5000 (post discount) with the same material as the 1500 wool for pants. cutting and all is great.

denial86 25-06-2014 10:26 AM

Going BKK next Friday. Wanted to bring the fiancÚ to make pants cause he keeps complaining that his pants don't fit anymore. :s13:

Due to time constrains I was targeting the tailors at Amara Watergate as it's opposite our hotel. I think there's a Paul's Fashion and Alex Fashion? Anyone has experience there before? Wanna confirm that the quality and workmanship is acceptable.

Would be great if someone can also let me know the average price for a pair of pants and types of material I should look out for so as not to get chopped. Thaaaanks!! :s12:

freakedoutx 25-06-2014 12:43 PM

Waiting for response too. My hotel is nearer to Alex & Paul fashion as compared to having to take the BTS down to nana for crown or boss avenue :D

TiggerD 25-06-2014 01:50 PM

Presto,

Yeah, the materials are great! I only picked them and a few for 2200.

Freakedout and Denial,

I have no personal experience of those, but have a look at TripAdvisor. They don't show up high...
You're probably about a 10 min walk from BTS, to get to the reputable ones around Nana. Pants are usually quick/easy to make, so time constraints are less of an issue.

My only advice is
a) be sure you like the fit! (that's the whole point if custom; prefect feel, perfect look) and
b) don't go with polyester blends! That's why some shops seem so cheap. There's a big proportion of poly (even when it says "wool" along the fabric edge). This makes the fabric unbreathable, which is highly uncomfortable for SEA weather...

Not sure about prices overall (further down in this thread?), but TOT have their prices online here!!

Presto80 25-06-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerD (Post 86652615)
Presto,

good to hear that..will go TOT and try it..
most prob will just get 1700, dont intend to spend too much on shirt.

any appointment required?

thanx

TiggerD 26-06-2014 01:23 PM

You can walk in, but they get *busy* and obv has to prioritise appointment clients. There's a contact form on the website, only takes a few seconds to let them know :)

reign 26-06-2014 02:55 PM

Suggest that u make appt with them as they can be busy with other clients. Another shop u can review is Crown with is at the left side of Soi 8.

For me i will engage the motorcycle to ferry over to TOT as lazy to walk under the Brazing heat. We got the deal at 10B per pax.

Presto80 29-06-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerD (Post 86674941)
You can walk in, but they get *busy* and obv has to prioritise appointment clients. There's a contact form on the website, only takes a few seconds to let them know :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by reign (Post 86676843)
Suggest that u make appt with them as they can be busy with other clients. Another shop u can review is Crown with is at the left side of Soi 8.

For me i will engage the motorcycle to ferry over to TOT as lazy to walk under the Brazing heat. We got the deal at 10B per pax.

ok thanx..
will make an appt soon.
hopefully this will be a great tailoring.

I have been to crown but just find the fabric too limited.

galliano 29-06-2014 12:59 PM

Just did my shirts (1000) and work pants (1400) at Armani (Nana station). Pretty good. Been going back to them 2nd time already.

denial86 30-06-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerD (Post 86652615)
Presto,

Freakedout and Denial,

I have no personal experience of those, but have a look at TripAdvisor. They don't show up high...
You're probably about a 10 min walk from BTS, to get to the reputable ones around Nana. Pants are usually quick/easy to make, so time constraints are less of an issue.

My only advice is
a) be sure you like the fit! (that's the whole point if custom; prefect feel, perfect look) and
b) don't go with polyester blends! That's why some shops seem so cheap. There's a big proportion of poly (even when it says "wool" along the fabric edge). This makes the fabric unbreathable, which is highly uncomfortable for SEA weather...

Not sure about prices overall (further down in this thread?), but TOT have their prices online here!!

Thanks for the advice! Will look into stopping by NANA BTS if time permits. :)

stoopidbin 30-06-2014 06:38 PM

Going bkk soon. Any bros here have any recommendation for wrinkle free or crease resistance material shirt and how much? I am current wearing wrinkle free shirt from Allan Brooke and they are having promotions now. Not sure if wanna custom or stay with Allan Brooke.

jumpmanz 30-06-2014 06:59 PM

Just tailored 4 shirts at 1000 baht each at amari watergate hotel. no extra charges for different material of collars and wrist area.
Shop: Admire

would try other shops next time.

Lord Hokage 02-07-2014 01:18 AM

is alex fashion better than paul's? going to bkk in two week would be staying around the area

denial86 02-07-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpmanz (Post 86773517)
Just tailored 4 shirts at 1000 baht each at amari watergate hotel. no extra charges for different material of collars and wrist area.
Shop: Admire

would try other shops next time.

SGD40 for a shirt like not particularly cheap leh haha.. But I take it that there was a problem with them or else why would you be planning to try others?

Jordan Chang 03-07-2014 02:33 PM

OT a bit...anyone did tailoring in HCMC, Vietnam? experience compared to BKK?