www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

IceX 24-12-2011 10:54 AM

2 ply egyption cotton at jhasper around 1800bht? If I want to tailor just a blazer how much anyone knows?

jclark 24-12-2011 05:33 PM

I just tried Tailor On Ten at Soi 8, made 5 shirts. Very happy with the workmanship and service. You can google to take a look at their website. They have 2 range of fabrics, 1700 baht and 2200 baht. Prices for their suits and pants, see the website.

Personally I like their range of fabrics and the quality, so go see for yourselves to decide. They pay attention to your wants and are not pushy at all. Different experience from the other BKK tailors I have tried.

Snoop_ 26-12-2011 08:42 PM

I will be travelling to BKK on 30th Dec to 2nd Jan and planning to tailor suits over there. But so far i have email Crown, Pinky, Tailor on Ten and they all reply that they will be close... So would like to know if theres any other tailors to recommend?

BeeDeePee 29-12-2011 10:43 PM

i just came back from Bangkok yesterday. Went to tailor made 3 shirts at Boss Avenue. Was being informed that they can't do it within 2-3 days during these period (New Year) cos most of the factory will be close and the thais are taking a break.

However, they still helped me with my order as I was there on recommendation. When they delivered my shirt to me, i noticed that only 1 of the 3 had their company logo/tag on the shirt (the one i did my fitting). The other 2 tags were removed as i saw some thread left over showing signs of removal. I suspect that they outsourced the other 2 out to other shops to help produce.

Overall still okay with the items as I am not those fussy type.

white_night 04-01-2012 11:11 AM

latest pricing I got from Crown. Can these be bargain?

Suits start at THB 5500

Pants start at THB 1800

Shirts start at THB 1000

Shirleyger 12-02-2012 05:03 PM

do these tailors do ladies suit?

Xeon_sg 13-02-2012 01:51 PM

Look like most recommended tailors are Pinky and Crown.
Should be paying them a visit in 2 months time.

Just a query:
Will they be able to fulfil the order if I land on Fri noon and fly off on Mon evening?

Also, has anyone heard of this?
Tailor Made Menís Suits Online| Pierre Boutique Bangkok

Hug0b0ss 14-02-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeon_sg (Post 64068846)
Look like most recommended tailors are Pinky and Crown.
Should be paying them a visit in 2 months time.

Just a query:
Will they be able to fulfil the order if I land on Fri noon and fly off on Mon evening?

Also, has anyone heard of this?
Tailor Made Menís Suits Online| Pierre Boutique Bangkok

Yea me tooo, I'll be reaching on the thurs , flying back on monday. also wanna ask if the tailor able to make my shirt in time.

anaeemi41 14-02-2012 04:12 AM

Yup Crown Tailors are fully and highly recommended. Thier staff is helpful and honor you very well.

Atwood12 15-02-2012 05:13 AM

Crown tailors...great tailors...

Great tailors. Excellent fabric. Neat stitching. What more could you ask for? Crown tailors have proven to deliver all of the aforementioned qualities. I came across them on a random trip to Bangkok and have been a regular customer since then. The quality remains stable and up to the mark. Their customer dealing has to be the finest I have seen to date. I have seen people fight and quarrel and complain over bad stitching or the fabric not being good enough with other tailors. But with crown tailors there is no reason to complain. Unlike other tailors they donít jst do well on the first assignment to catch more and more clients. They continue to give the best service for as long as you want. This consistency of their work made me a loyal and a regular customer. Hence I recommend them to everyone.

Hug0b0ss 20-02-2012 02:15 AM

btw any bros here can provide address to crown tailor?

anaeemi41 22-02-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hug0b0ss (Post 64250588)
btw any bros here can provide address to crown tailor?

here you go buddy, complete address with map..Hope this helps :):s12:

Crown Tailor

ckyc 22-02-2012 11:17 PM

Just did 5 shirts at crown. Good service I say. Shirts starts at 1000 b, 1200 b, 1500 b and 2 ply egyptian cotten at 3000. Ordered on mon, fitting on tue and we'd night sent to my hotel.

tenz1204 23-02-2012 01:34 PM

Any price range for pants at crown?

ngjunqi 03-03-2012 11:34 AM

hi, just screen through a few pages over here. just to check, do i need to bring my own custom made shirt and pants over to crown or pinkz? or can i just do my measurement there?
a pant costs ard 40+ sing, it is ok?

vaxvms 11-03-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 64346695)
Any price range for pants at crown?

i did mine 1800b

Jacky2000 13-03-2012 04:20 PM

Anyone know where can tailor make wallets?

tekster 14-03-2012 10:35 PM

anyone knows when Crown tailors will be coming to sg?

tekster 14-03-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirleyger (Post 64045088)
do these tailors do ladies suit?

yeah they do. my wife did 2 work dresses at Boss-Avenue tailor.
last year she did pants.

tekster 14-03-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeDeePee (Post 62808130)
i just came back from Bangkok yesterday. Went to tailor made 3 shirts at Boss Avenue. Was being informed that they can't do it within 2-3 days during these period (New Year) cos most of the factory will be close and the thais are taking a break.

However, they still helped me with my order as I was there on recommendation. When they delivered my shirt to me, i noticed that only 1 of the 3 had their company logo/tag on the shirt (the one i did my fitting). The other 2 tags were removed as i saw some thread left over showing signs of removal. I suspect that they outsourced the other 2 out to other shops to help produce.

Overall still okay with the items as I am not those fussy type.

cool, I just did 6 shirts and 1 pants. my Mrs did 2 work dresses.

i guess they had to rush your order. so they gave the job to other tailors.

i think the best time to get shirts done is reach on friday and leave on tues.

tekster 14-03-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngjunqi (Post 64596091)
hi, just screen through a few pages over here. just to check, do i need to bring my own custom made shirt and pants over to crown or pinkz? or can i just do my measurement there?
a pant costs ard 40+ sing, it is ok?

it's better you let them take your measurements bro. my guess is different tailors do things differently.

revenant 14-03-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekster (Post 64915578)
anyone knows when Crown tailors will be coming to sg?

July... they now in US.

Kevin10 15-03-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revenant (Post 64916992)
July... they now in US.

Hmm.. I am gg to BKK end of this month, meaning they wont be there if I decided to go crown ? Gonna make 1 suit for my wedding..:D:D

swatchie 15-03-2012 03:44 PM

I wonder if the tailors can make a shirt or a dress in 2 days? I will be reaching on a Fri afternoon 12pm and leaving on Sun 1250pm. Any bros have any idea?

tekster 17-03-2012 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin10 (Post 64918955)
Hmm.. I am gg to BKK end of this month, meaning they wont be there if I decided to go crown ? Gonna make 1 suit for my wedding..:D:D

there will still be people in their stores la.

tekster 17-03-2012 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swatchie (Post 64932098)
I wonder if the tailors can make a shirt or a dress in 2 days? I will be reaching on a Fri afternoon 12pm and leaving on Sun 1250pm. Any bros have any idea?

quite imbal lo unless you don't need fitting or the tailor already has your measurements.

ShrekDonkey 17-03-2012 10:43 AM

Im Going in may and first time tailoring, is there anything what a first timer like me should look out for??

tekster 18-03-2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShrekDonkey (Post 64980626)
Im Going in may and first time tailoring, is there anything what a first timer like me should look out for??

Know what designs you want. If you want just plain shirt, then just go for cheapest.

Kevin10 19-03-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekster (Post 64977764)
there will still be people in their stores la.

haha ok. Dunno mah..first time gg to a tailor in BKK.. hopefully crown wont disappoint me after so many gd reviews here.. :D:D

keiichiro 19-03-2012 09:24 PM

Review of crown.. I was there mid feb.. Did 2 shirt and pants..
Total have to do 4 fitting.. Each time i went , they did not have my shirts and pants ready even though the appointment was fixed beforehand.. Thus have to wait for at least 30 mins for their tailor to bring over.. Each time they alter will have new problem , ie. alter waist size, they will just alter waist size, never consider after alter other parts like hip or leg area will be out of shape.. same goes for the shirt..

I was there on Sunday, informed them i will be leaving on thursday afternoon, which should have more than enough time for fitting and alteration.. End up on thursday , after 3 fitting still have to do alteration again as the pants and shirt were out of shape due to excess cloths... I have to come back to BKK from pattaya just to pick up the clothes again on Saturday.
Finally they got it correct...

I didnt have this problem when i used boss the previous time.. They managed to get 4 shirt and 1 pants out for me within 3 days with only 2 fitting...

But to be fair, their cloth material seems to be of better quality compared to boss based on same price range..

Kevin10 19-03-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keiichiro (Post 65053289)
Total have to do 4 fitting.. Each time i went , they did not have my shirts and pants ready even though the appointment was fixed beforehand.. Thus have to wait for at least 30 mins for their tailor to bring over.. Each time they alter will have new problem , ie. alter waist size, they will just alter waist size, never consider after alter other parts like hip or leg area will be out of shape.. same goes for the shirt..

I was there on Sunday, informed them i will be leaving on thursday afternoon, which should have more than enough time for fitting and alteration.. End up on thursday , after 3 fitting still have to do alteration again as the pants and shirt were out of shape due to excess cloths... I have to come back to BKK from pattaya just to pick up the clothes again on Saturday.

I didnt have this problem when i used boss the previous time.. They managed to get 4 shirt and 1 pants out for me within 3 days with only 2 fitting...

But to be fair, their cloth material seems to be of better quality compared to boss based on same price range..

wah bro..u are making me worried.. cos i am gg there for 4D3N this coming Sunday to make my suit for my wedding..:o

tekster 19-03-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keiichiro (Post 65053289)

hmmm... 4 fittings sounds a bit too much. my first trip with boss, i had 3 fittings. this year i went boss again, only 2 fittings. even my wife also 2 fittings. maybe they outsource to other tailors. heh...

tekster 19-03-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin10 (Post 65054644)
wah bro..u are making me worried.. cos i am gg there for 4D3N this coming Sunday to make my suit for my wedding..:o

i think u better email them and let them know your expectations. so can prepare them beforehand. not sure if they open on sundays as i can't find operating times on their website.

anyway, sunday go sounds good. they can only start work on monday. think tailors rest on sundays.

Kevin10 19-03-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekster (Post 65054948)
i think u better email them and let them know your expectations. so can prepare them beforehand. not sure if they open on sundays as i can't find operating times on their website.

anyway, sunday go sounds good. they can only start work on monday. think tailors rest on sundays.

Sounds good as in?? My idea was go to them on Sunday and by Wednesday collect it..hee.. besides crown, what do u guys recommend ?? :D:D

tekster 19-03-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin10 (Post 65056375)
Sounds good as in?? My idea was go to them on Sunday and by Wednesday collect it..hee.. besides crown, what do u guys recommend ?? :D:D

measurement first day. 2nd day fitting, 3rd day another fitting. by 4th day you'll get it lo.

Kevin10 19-03-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekster (Post 65056710)
measurement first day. 2nd day fitting, 3rd day another fitting. by 4th day you'll get it lo.

oh, thanks ! Will email them shortly.. :D

swatchie 20-03-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekster (Post 64977768)
quite imbal lo unless you don't need fitting or the tailor already has your measurements.

I usually make my stuff at Crown so they should have my measurements. But I do wanna make a bit of adjustments to my sleeves to accommodate my watch. I'll drop them an email to see if they can do it in that 2 days I'm in BKK. Thanks! :)

Kevin10 20-03-2012 01:08 PM

Have emailed crown and was told that their suit start from THB5500 which I est is around SGD226.. is this price ok ?? moreover it is START from 5500...hmmmm....

tekster 20-03-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin10 (Post 65068819)
Have emailed crown and was told that their suit start from THB5500 which I est is around SGD226.. is this price ok ?? moreover it is START from 5500...hmmmm....

Sounds quite ex. I did at boss for less. last year i did 5 shirts, 2 suits, 1 lady's pants total 14.5k baht. So i think my suit is 3k baht.

Ask a sg tailor how much to make one lo, then compare.

Kevin10 20-03-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekster (Post 65070269)
Sounds quite ex. I did at boss for less. last year i did 5 shirts, 2 suits, 1 lady's pants total 14.5k baht. So i think my suit is 3k baht.

Ask a sg tailor how much to make one lo, then compare.

Hmm.. not sure abt the pricing though but saw few pages back, bros here are quoted the same price.. :D

But if SGD230 can make a really good one, is worth it imo.. now only not sure about their quality and workmanship.. :s13::s13:

Anyone know who is better in making tux ? I will choose tux for my wedding... =)

Hug0b0ss 20-03-2012 09:31 PM

this coming thurs i lying to bankok planning to tailor made few shirts , bro here u recommand boss or crown ?

tekster 20-03-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hug0b0ss (Post 65082266)
this coming thurs i lying to bankok planning to tailor made few shirts , bro here u recommand boss or crown ?

Go both try lo

Hug0b0ss 21-03-2012 01:43 AM

if can i i of cos wan to lo . if not i ask for wad . lols

vineetkoushik 10-04-2012 12:51 AM

I am a big fan of Tom's Fashion. His website is Tomsfashion.com

I have purchased suit from him last year. The work is excellent. They are very professional people who pay a lot of attention to the customer satisfaction. He has a lot of selection of fabrics and styles for each price range.

anaeemi41 19-04-2012 06:38 PM

well i will suggest that you go for both, check them out yourself, mine experience with crown went really great and some of my relatives are even regular customer of them, so far i know, they and even i have not dealt with any sort of suiting problems. their suit's texture, fabric and stitching is too good that you are forced to go again and again there whenever you have a visit to Bangkok.
so do try them out, they will surely appeal you

ranran01 24-04-2012 11:20 AM

any feedback for the tailor at armari watergate? thinking of doing 1xsuit, a jacket, shirts n pants :)

tekster 24-04-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin10 (Post 65070639)
Hmm.. not sure abt the pricing though but saw few pages back, bros here are quoted the same price.. :D

But if SGD230 can make a really good one, is worth it imo.. now only not sure about their quality and workmanship.. :s13::s13:

Anyone know who is better in making tux ? I will choose tux for my wedding... =)

so how bro? you made what you wanted?

friendsz 24-04-2012 03:08 PM

Will be trying Paul fashion. Review mention he is good.

Paulís Fashion
Amari Watergate Hotel (just opposite Platinum Mall)
Shop#1 847 Petchburi Rd, Pratunam
Rajthevi, Bangkok, 10400 THAILAND
referred by PassportChop.com

pin3rain 25-04-2012 02:43 PM

Does anyone here knows which Hotel in Pratunam area has live soccer channel? like BPL?

Bishio 25-04-2012 03:45 PM

if one tailor a suit - blazer,matching pant,shirt right?

how much does it costs to tailor 2 shirts and 2 pants?