www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

Condor 05-01-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaxvms (Post 51845870)
wow got freebies....must go grab although I seldom take BTS or MRT ...collection process take long or not?

less than 5min. only in show ticket write down name, address, email, phone number.

Jordan Chang 05-01-2011 04:14 PM

second that. less than 5 mins. just went earlier today. still give me desktop calendar, pen, etc....thanks to condor for sharing the lobang! :)

vaxvms 06-01-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 51855507)
less than 5min. only in show ticket write down name, address, email, phone number.

thks for the lobang...just went down and gran the freebie :s12:

Urban_11 07-01-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 51648642)

Condor , u probably didn't notice my post , i'm asking abt prices for suits.what a joke.u're just too lazy to finish reading my thread.

Urban_11 07-01-2011 05:58 PM

Hi guys , just return from BKK , went to Pinky but
they are not open for biz for 10days holiday (GOSH!!!) , made a trip to Crown and was attended to by Lop and Sam himself. 2 suits + 2 shirt , 13,500 baht.
Satisfied customer i am,they are very professional and not pushy to close deal.

Condor 07-01-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban_11 (Post 51928596)
Condor , u probably didn't notice my post , i'm asking abt prices for suits.what a joke.u're just too lazy to finish reading my thread.

ok, i didn't pay too much attention to the suit word in the last liner when the big chunk above was on business shirts. my bad. if i'm lazy then why would i bother to search the links? it's mentioned somewhere, if not in this thread then in some other old threads. i have the number at the back of my head but i this time i'm really lazy. anyway you should have know the price having been there. crown and pinky same price.

Urban_11 08-01-2011 07:44 PM

Thanks , i went through all post too , enjoyed the process w all sharing their experience in the thread.More to come!

iknerokaj 09-01-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban_11 (Post 51928729)
Hi guys , just return from BKK , went to Pinky but
they are not open for biz for 10days holiday (GOSH!!!) , made a trip to Crown and was attended to by Lop and Sam himself. 2 suits + 2 shirt , 13,500 baht.
Satisfied customer i am,they are very professional and not pushy to close deal.

hey! i am heading down bangkok from the 13th to 16th. Im wondering when will pinky's 10 days holidays end?

Condor 09-01-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iknerokaj (Post 51988852)
hey! i am heading down bangkok from the 13th to 16th. Im wondering when will pinky's 10 days holidays end?

they were open when i went down yesterday.

Jordan Chang 11-01-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 51989429)
they were open when i went down yesterday.

so, you did more shirts with them? or with boss ave this time?

Condor 11-01-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Chang (Post 52057076)
so, you did more shirts with them? or with boss ave this time?

i didn't make any with pinky. only went to have 1 of my shirt altered. they remove the darts and never put it back! *mad* i expected that they loosened it a little since the dart was taken in so much.

anyway, i really do think pinky is charging too much premium. i saw no less than 3 material carried elsewhere but sold at 1 tier lower pricing. i do not think that the quality is different. last round in fact i cut a little of the same from pinky and another from elsewhere. did a burn test back home and couldn't see any difference also.

made 6 with boss ave anyway. didn't exactly have any discounts except that he mentioned 1 of the material was supposed to be 100b more but didn't charge me for it and all my customisations are free. :( i didn't have time to do my fitting yesterday and only did it late tonight. (redid my measurements since the last 2 weren't too consistent and satisfactory) the shirts would only be delivered just before i checkout. hope they turn out fine. the sample this time quality was better i thought.

i went into tanika (bottom of asoke) this time. looked at their shirt samples. impressive. very good worksmanship and cutting. this is one where the reputation is i would say on the level of narin. they have in-house tailors, do real proper fully canvassed suits, etc. i merely prompted asking how much time he needed to do a suit and i got his attention. their shirts start from 1200b. i was ready to make 1 shirt to test water only to be told at the end that the one i had chosen was 2500b! didn't make any in the end. i really liked the design and the material quality is good. too bad for the price though.

people compare tanika as classical euro/english style while narin as french style.

also wanted to make 1 from nickerman (for the third time!) but didn't in the end (again!). can't remember what was quoted last time when i asked but they wanted 200b for alternate inner collar and i just decided against. i thought i remembered the lady boss telling me all customisations were free. now the attendant told me cuffs, stitching, lettering, etc. all free but not inner collar. wonder if they charge for contrasting collar/cuff/back/etc.

so ranking in terms of quality:
1. tanika/narin (no actual shirts made with them, only observed from sample belonging to other customers)
2. crown (tailoring technique is better than pink but not in terms of cutting (to body form) and fitment; only becos pinky got it better for me - earlier)
3. pinky (tailoring technique in fact lose out to rajawongse based on that single experience of the latter everything else that make up a shirt is better imo)
4. rajawongse
5. boss ave
6. moonriver/nickerman (only ranked lowest since no first hand experience and never looked at samples but internet comments put them pretty much in the ranks of crown)

in terms of pricing (high absolute value):
1. tanika/narin
2. pinky (overpriced for the same material as well)
3. rajawongse (do not have the range of pricing for pinky)
4. crown (got discount unlike rajawongse otherwise price bracket is the same)
5. nickerman
6. moonriver (5 for 5000b bundle pricing)
7. boss ave

in terms of styling (ability to customise, offer opinions)
1. tanika (they have nice styling ideas - not those overly fanciful but more towards classical ideas but nonetheless very good)
2. pinky (they have lots of ideas, and willing to do what you want although sometimes can be a little resistant with comments like not nice, not enough time, etc.)
3. boss ave (they will do whatever you want with less resistance than pinky)
4. nickerman (got catalogues, offer ideas, etc.)
5. crown (accommodating but too conservative in ideas so you have to think of your own)
6. rajawongse
7. narin/moonriver (not sure since never explored to this extent so just gave it lowest ranking)

in terms of selection:
1. pinky (absolutely largest selection of different qualities and carries some really nice designs; also the most patterned clothes for contrast)
2. nickerman
3. crown
4. boss ave
5. moonriver
6. rajawongse
7. tanika
8. narin

in terms of value for money:
1. boss ave (how to beat 850b and the customisation, accomodating, etc.?)
2. moonriver (assuming that quality is on par with crown/pinky)
3. crown (ranked above pinky only bcos of sane prices)
4. pinky (ranked lower becos of charging higher for cloth design than quality; but a bit higher again for the customisations that can be foc)
5. nickerman (if they don't charge for contrast inner collar then would be same or slightly better than pinky)
6. tanika/narin (in fact can argue that the value for money is higher for quality but now i emphasis more on design and cheaper price)
7. rajawongse (crap service towards non caucasians)

for now, if i were to make a suit, it would be either narin or tanika. for shirts would be boss, then hop over to moonriver/crown/nicker/pinky to look for nicer fabrics. rajawongse is blacklisted.

oh, i left out empire. but other than selection they are good, pricing they are not.

Jordan Chang 12-01-2011 11:13 AM

thank you, guru of bkk tailoring. :s7: heading to bkk tmr, let me know how the shirts from boss ave turn out? thanks again.

le_mon 12-01-2011 11:21 AM

any reviews for paul fashion @ amari watergate hotel?

Condor 12-01-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Chang (Post 52080141)
thank you, guru of bkk tailoring. :s7: heading to bkk tmr, let me know how the shirts from boss ave turn out? thanks again.

not guru, just sharing my experience. afterall i did some research before my first tailoring experience. this is my third time in bkk in maybe <2yr? got hooked. will just wear out my existing rack shirts and not buy anymore. no wonder people who started tailored shirts never go back to rack shirts. now i understand why. :p

read good comments about paul@watergate but never been there. kinda out of the way. no bts, a bit of a walk, not that close to anywhere else.

compared to sukhumvit area, stop over at nana, pop into boss, cross the road walk towards asok and pop into crown, narin, moonriver, tanika, take bts back to nana (or just walk back) walk towards ploen chit, go into landmark (nickerman), empire, finally pink. then take bts or continue walking 500m to the start of the mall stretch.

within 2km of walking (no bts) you covered like 8 tailors. if you are not adversed to rajawongse, it's just after landmark. a left corner in later is raja's. of course along the way there are quite a number of others but not much research or reviews from those.

vaxvms 12-01-2011 05:02 PM

true, I am on design more than quality for daily wear...guess boss ave this trip for me to try out :)
will make some quality one from narin , or will go Tanika recommeded by bro condor to take a look