www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

mambofever 27-04-2012 12:05 AM

i been to Paul's Fashion at Amari. I think its ok la. ok price arnd $40 per shirt. ok service.

blade007 27-04-2012 11:29 AM

Went thru 20 pages of this thread and short listed the following tailors:

Crown
Jhasper
Boss Avenue

Seems like Boss is the cheapest of the 3, with a cheapest starting price.

If my budget is below 1000baht for each shirt, not planning to spend more than 40 SGD for daily shirt for work, which tailor should I go for best bang for buck??

From my initial findings, seems like Boss is the one since Crown and Jhasper would need to get 1200baht and above to get a good shirt? Thou there was someone who commented that the shirt from Boss looks tired after a few washes.

My requirements are quite simple, No need 100% cotton, Wrinkle free would be ideal, Smart-casual, Must be lasting and not be ruined after 3~5 washes.

Planning to get >5 shirts if I am able to try 1 shirt out before confirming the order for more (not sure of the time constraint).

Going this June for 4Days 4 Nights

Please help to advise which I should try. Thanks!
Be even better if you could advise me on what kind of fabric to choose, how to go about ordering and such.

One more thing, monogram on the shirt? How does that looks like? any links of pictures?

grantt 28-04-2012 04:08 AM

Wow - been a long while since i last posted and nothing's changed! we all still debating on best tailor and same 3 names - as usual! haha

for me too - still loving Crown Tailors. Heard they doing their SG trip soon. Should be good :)

Crown have cheaper than 1200 baht la. I bought before 1000.

Monogram pretty cool - i like, my brother don't like - so it depends!

Happy spending ;)

blade007 28-04-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 66155483)
Wow - been a long while since i last posted and nothing's changed! we all still debating on best tailor and same 3 names - as usual! haha

for me too - still loving Crown Tailors. Heard they doing their SG trip soon. Should be good :)

Crown have cheaper than 1200 baht la. I bought before 1000.

Monogram pretty cool - i like, my brother don't like - so it depends!

Happy spending ;)

haha i googled about the monogram le.. anyway 1000 quality buay pai? lol basically waiting for someone who tried out all 3 shops to give a detail review. else i will juz go Boss and get cheaper stuff =D

tekster 29-04-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bishio (Post 66083484)
if one tailor a suit - blazer,matching pant,shirt right?

how much does it costs to tailor 2 shirts and 2 pants?

a suit should comprise of a blazer and matching pants. if you want, can have a vest too.

shirt not part of the package.

1 shirt should cost between 850-1500baht. really depends on what you want. pants probably 1500-2000 baht. also depends on yr material.

tekster 29-04-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 66155483)
Wow - been a long while since i last posted and nothing's changed! we all still debating on best tailor and same 3 names - as usual! haha

for me too - still loving Crown Tailors. Heard they doing their SG trip soon. Should be good :)

Crown have cheaper than 1200 baht la. I bought before 1000.

Monogram pretty cool - i like, my brother don't like - so it depends!

Happy spending ;)

yea, i'm waiting for crown to come to singapore in july. u planning to go too?

tekster 29-04-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blade007 (Post 66132950)
Went thru 20 pages of this thread and short listed the following tailors:

Crown
Jhasper
Boss Avenue

Seems like Boss is the cheapest of the 3, with a cheapest starting price.

If my budget is below 1000baht for each shirt, not planning to spend more than 40 SGD for daily shirt for work, which tailor should I go for best bang for buck??

From my initial findings, seems like Boss is the one since Crown and Jhasper would need to get 1200baht and above to get a good shirt? Thou there was someone who commented that the shirt from Boss looks tired after a few washes.

My requirements are quite simple, No need 100% cotton, Wrinkle free would be ideal, Smart-casual, Must be lasting and not be ruined after 3~5 washes.

Planning to get >5 shirts if I am able to try 1 shirt out before confirming the order for more (not sure of the time constraint).

Going this June for 4Days 4 Nights

Please help to advise which I should try. Thanks!
Be even better if you could advise me on what kind of fabric to choose, how to go about ordering and such.

One more thing, monogram on the shirt? How does that looks like? any links of pictures?

my friend tells me amari watergate charges 750baht and is ok quality. so you might wanna try that as well.

generally, they will make 1 for you first to try for fitting. only when it fits, then they will make the rest. anyway, you don't wanna waste yr time making one. maybe 3 at least. there are tons of material to choose from. design wise, it's really up to your own imagination. pop by to crown's website to have an idea. best to see any design which you want, photo them and then show them to the tailors.

4d3n should be comfortable. do note that tailors don't operate on sundays.

blade007 29-04-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekster (Post 66177759)
my friend tells me amari watergate charges 750baht and is ok quality. so you might wanna try that as well.

generally, they will make 1 for you first to try for fitting. only when it fits, then they will make the rest. anyway, you don't wanna waste yr time making one. maybe 3 at least. there are tons of material to choose from. design wise, it's really up to your own imagination. pop by to crown's website to have an idea. best to see any design which you want, photo them and then show them to the tailors.

4d3n should be comfortable. do note that tailors don't operate on sundays.

yeah thanks for the info =D most likely will not go to the paul tailor in Amari, a friend did not have a good experince there .

actually i tailored shirts before in Bkk before juz was not really happy about the material as those shirts actually dont last.
I guess you tailored in Crown before? what was the damage and what kind of material you chose??

vineetkoushik 01-05-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swatchie (Post 64932098)
I wonder if the tailors can make a shirt or a dress in 2 days? I will be reaching on a Fri afternoon 12pm and leaving on Sun 1250pm. Any bros have any idea?

TomsFashion.com
Showroom Address:
19, Soi Preeda, Sukhumvit Soi 8, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Tel: +662 653 3983, 662 253 3301
These tailors produce suit of a very high standard and they're used to sewing for expats. We had fully lined winter coats, business pants and an evening dress made.

They are not the cheapest, but the quality and range is excellent.

monkey2 04-05-2012 11:43 AM

My friend went Crown Tailor recently after reading all the good reviews here.

He made shirts and pant. Shirt is really good quality. However we are not too sure about the quality of the pants.

The stitching at the back of the pants seems like they gonna ripped apart anytime. We could see the holes between the single thread stitching when we lift it up against the lightings. We compared it to other pants we had but none is like that.

Can anyone share if your tailored made pants from Crown is like that and whether it last??

mambofever 04-05-2012 01:49 PM

Another tip is don't make too many shirts at one go. Or else they will rush through the job.

Bishio 04-05-2012 02:43 PM

planing to testing, 2 shirts and 1 pants. if gd. next time go to them again.

if not can choose other tailors.

for 2 shirts and 1 pants, how much will that costs?

u guys think this is a gd idea?

mambofever 04-05-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bishio (Post 66332803)
planing to testing, 2 shirts and 1 pants. if gd. next time go to them again.

if not can choose other tailors.

for 2 shirts and 1 pants, how much will that costs?

u guys think this is a gd idea?

good idea. the last time i did at Amari Paul's Fashion.. Around 750 baht i think one shirt and pants arnd 60SGd..

grantt 05-05-2012 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey2 (Post 66328690)
My friend went Crown Tailor recently after reading all the good reviews here.

He made shirts and pant. Shirt is really good quality. However we are not too sure about the quality of the pants.

The stitching at the back of the pants seems like they gonna ripped apart anytime. We could see the holes between the single thread stitching when we lift it up against the lightings. We compared it to other pants we had but none is like that.

Can anyone share if your tailored made pants from Crown is like that and whether it last??

Hi there - i've had clothes from Crown for years, and yea, they still last. Shirts and pants are bloody awesome. I haven't had any rip, but i have had many that don't fit me anymore because my waistline just never stops growing with age (but the best part about it is they leave fabric inside for me to take out) so i love it! But the first few i made from them, already let out to the max and still..don't fit my fat ass anymore :(.

So no, no problems with anything they made. As i said before, i'm back after so long and still crown is the best from my experience.

tekster 06-05-2012 08:47 AM

tailored pants still the best man.

off the shelf stuff don't fit me anymore after i've expanded a few rounds. surprisingly my tailored pants still fits and feels comfy.

ralphlauren 07-05-2012 11:23 AM

Recently no feedback on pinky?

yoyolamefan 09-05-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanashii23 (Post 41180993)
the last time i went to Rajawongs, they didn't reallie serve me guess they prefer ang mo customers but i reallie feel their selection was quite small and nothing caught my fancy.

i then try another recommanded shop raja's fashion also near nana, the fit was okie but i feel that the material cant pass the wash test after a few washs , all wringle up.

Going next year feb. and now looking for recommended tailors.

My fren recommanded me 1 tailor at mbk heard quite popular with singaporeans.
650 baht for a shirt.

any bro noe any recommandation for ladies suit in bangkok?

The shirt's get wrinkled up because the materials are rather good...
Those we buy from G2000 has added polyester, which cause it not to wrinkle but not comfortable... (correct me if I am wrong)

I personally tried Raja's Fashion with my friends and we like it...
Will try other tailor shop too...

fass74 11-05-2012 09:40 PM

In BKK right now, went to both Crown and Boss. So far not much issues with either. Visited them on Wednesday, supposed to get my shirts today from Crown but they were not ready. Fitting was fine for both shops so I guess I'll have to compare when I get the shirts

fass74 12-05-2012 04:51 PM

Price breakdown:
Crown:
Material - 1000/1200/1500
Contrast - 150
Monogram - 150
Boss:
Material - 850/1050/1150 (I think)
Contrast - 100
Monogram - 100

tekster 13-05-2012 08:44 AM

what is contrast?

ralphlauren 13-05-2012 08:33 PM

Went to crown on sat. The material variety very little nia. The cloth also not very nice imo. Didnt make any shirt in the end

fass74 14-05-2012 08:55 AM

contrast is different material for cuff, collar, placket etc
agree that crown does not have much material on display but i think they have more in sample books

tenz1204 14-05-2012 03:12 PM

How is the quality of pants made in crown?

tenz1204 14-05-2012 03:16 PM

Anyone here tried tailor on ten or Patrick fashionway?

brendadaphne 14-05-2012 05:27 PM

Paul fashion
 
My bf loves their shirts .
Due to his short trip there with all his colleagues. They even offer to send back SG all their shirts they order.

Paul's Fashion
Amari Watergate Hotel
Shop#1 847 Petchburi Rd, Pratunam
Rajthevi, Bangkok, 10400 THAILAND

monkey2 17-05-2012 11:58 PM

i am still not impress with the pants from crown..the seams is just too wide and non of my off the shelf pants or tailor pants are like this.
Hence pls check all your pants carefully...check the stitching and seams.

weidev 19-05-2012 04:25 AM

Comparison
 
Seeing the numerous recommendations of tailors, I approached 3 tailors 3 days back when I was in Thailand. They are graded in terms of price, attention to detail, after sales support and variety of materials. All 3 were given the same specifications.

1. Paul's Fashion Amari Hotel

The first shop I went to because it is very near to the Hotel I was staying at.

Price of Shirt: 1000baht. Contrast extra 100 baht.

Price: 5/5
Attention to details: 4/5
After sales support: 2/5
Variety of materials: 4/5


Review: Honestly I don't know why people goes to Paul's Fashion. Guess I was really unlucky to receive such poor after sales support. I ordered the shirt and pants on Wednesday morning and was informed by them that I can collect them on Friday morning. When I reached there on Friday morning, the shirt wasn't ready and they only realized it after I asked for it. After checking they said they don't know why my shirt was not there and I can go back in the late afternoon to collect it. During the trying of the shirt, they were more interested in getting new customers to order more shirts then catering to my comments and queries. Strong hunch they outsourced the job. I am disappointed, will not go there again and definitely will not recommend any of my friends there. They clearly sense my unhappiness, and I am pretty sure they don't care.

2. Crown Tailors and Suit Makers Sukhumvit Soi 8

Second shop I went to cos of the rave recommendations I read of them here.

Price of Shirt: 1000baht. Contrast extra 150 baht.

Price: 4/5
Attention to details: 5/5
After sales support: 5/5
Variety of materials: 4/5


Review: Rating down for price because the contrast cost 50baht more. Tailor was very professional, and not afraid to suggest what is better. Ordered the shirt on Wednesday morning and received the shirt on Thursday afternoon. After sales support was good, with the tailor devoting 100% on you after you tried out the shirt, asking new customers to wait first. I felt privileged. They are coming to SIngapore on the first week of June and delivery fee is 600baht per kg. FYI.

3. Jas Clothing by Tom's Fashion Sukhumvit Soi 8

Last tailor I went to. Advertised as best tailor in 2011 or 2012.

Price of Shirt: 1000baht. Contrast extra 150 baht.

Price: 4/5
Attention to details: 5/5
After sales support: 4/5
Variety of materials: 4/5


Review: Rating down for price because the contrast cost 50baht more. Tailor leaves it up to customers to decide, and rarely suggest. During measurement taking, the tailor took great lengths to ensure accuracy. Perhaps due to language and professional knowledge on my part, the final product did not turn up exact as what I wanted. It is the only one out of the 3 tailors who gave me something different. Ordered on Thursday evening, received on Friday afternoon. Wanted to change the imperfection, but due to lack of time and materials was not unable to do so. They do delivery to Singapore too and delivery fee range from 600baht to 1200baht depending on the number of shirts.

Overall in terms of recommendations, I will recommend Crown Tailors and Jas Clothing. Both of them are neighbors with a massage shop in between.

grantt 19-05-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weidev (Post 66740211)
Seeing the numerous recommendations of tailors, I approached 3 tailors 3 days back when I was in Thailand. They are graded in terms of price, attention to detail, after sales support and variety of materials. All 3 were given the same specifications.

1. Paul's Fashion Amari Hotel

The first shop I went to because it is very near to the Hotel I was staying at.

Price of Shirt: 1000baht. Contrast extra 100 baht.

Price: 5/5
Attention to details: 4/5
After sales support: 2/5
Variety of materials: 4/5


Review: Honestly I don't know why people goes to Paul's Fashion. Guess I was really unlucky to receive such poor after sales support. I ordered the shirt and pants on Wednesday morning and was informed by them that I can collect them on Friday morning. When I reached there on Friday morning, the shirt wasn't ready and they only realized it after I asked for it. After checking they said they don't know why my shirt was not there and I can go back in the late afternoon to collect it. During the trying of the shirt, they were more interested in getting new customers to order more shirts then catering to my comments and queries. Strong hunch they outsourced the job. I am disappointed, will not go there again and definitely will not recommend any of my friends there. They clearly sense my unhappiness, and I am pretty sure they don't care.

2. Crown Tailors and Suit Makers Sukhumvit Soi 8

Second shop I went to cos of the rave recommendations I read of them here.

Price of Shirt: 1000baht. Contrast extra 150 baht.

Price: 4/5
Attention to details: 5/5
After sales support: 5/5
Variety of materials: 4/5


Review: Rating down for price because the contrast cost 50baht more. Tailor was very professional, and not afraid to suggest what is better. Ordered the shirt on Wednesday morning and received the shirt on Thursday afternoon. After sales support was good, with the tailor devoting 100% on you after you tried out the shirt, asking new customers to wait first. I felt privileged. They are coming to SIngapore on the first week of June and delivery fee is 600baht per kg. FYI.

3. Jas Clothing by Tom's Fashion Sukhumvit Soi 8

Last tailor I went to. Advertised as best tailor in 2011 or 2012.

Price of Shirt: 1000baht. Contrast extra 150 baht.

Price: 4/5
Attention to details: 5/5
After sales support: 4/5
Variety of materials: 4/5


Review: Rating down for price because the contrast cost 50baht more. Tailor leaves it up to customers to decide, and rarely suggest. During measurement taking, the tailor took great lengths to ensure accuracy. Perhaps due to language and professional knowledge on my part, the final product did not turn up exact as what I wanted. It is the only one out of the 3 tailors who gave me something different. Ordered on Thursday evening, received on Friday afternoon. Wanted to change the imperfection, but due to lack of time and materials was not unable to do so. They do delivery to Singapore too and delivery fee range from 600baht to 1200baht depending on the number of shirts.

Overall in terms of recommendations, I will recommend Crown Tailors and Jas Clothing. Both of them are neighbors with a massage shop in between.

To be honest with you, I understand why people "used to" go to Paul, but not anymore. Easy - we were never smart enough before imo. Even I used to go to paul for shirts n pants, then realize eventually that service not as good as used to be because clientele big now. Then I found crown and haven't changed since then. Gotta love their sales service. I assume you had lop/mana?

It's also good to hear crown doing singapore trip soon! It's always time for wardrobe update hahaha. But more money to spend again. Sigh :(.

grantt 19-05-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 66612049)
How is the quality of pants made in crown?

I think they're awesome. One important thing to note guys - have a fitting when doing your pants! This is only way you know to change things you don't like!

Kensuke11 19-05-2012 05:16 PM

Went twice to Paul's Fashion. Both times bad service and I simply walked out. Nv ever though my friends still rave about them

Wryer 19-05-2012 10:39 PM

How long does Crown need to deliver a suit? Blazer + pants.

Th3Keeper 20-05-2012 02:21 PM

Where is this crown? Any nearby shopping centre/landmarks?

fass74 21-05-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 66612168)
Anyone here tried tailor on ten or Patrick fashionway?

Thinking of trying tailor on ten or narin on my next trip, just trying to convince my bank account :D

I'll give another feedback when I'm done trying all the shirts from Boss and Crown

weidev 22-05-2012 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kensuke11 (Post 66751123)
Went twice to Paul's Fashion. Both times bad service and I simply walked out. Nv ever though my friends still rave about them

Out of the 3 tailors, Paul's had the most customers, and most Singaporeans. Perhaps they only serve customers who have the quantity.

weidev 22-05-2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 66744756)
To be honest with you, I understand why people "used to" go to Paul, but not anymore. Easy - we were never smart enough before imo. Even I used to go to paul for shirts n pants, then realize eventually that service not as good as used to be because clientele big now. Then I found crown and haven't changed since then. Gotta love their sales service. I assume you had lop/mana?

It's also good to hear crown doing singapore trip soon! It's always time for wardrobe update hahaha. But more money to spend again. Sigh :(.

I had lop :)

Their bespoke are still cheaper than making in Singapore if you dun factor in the shipping fee :x 600baht/kg

dede1217 22-05-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weidev (Post 66820781)
I had lop :)

Their bespoke are still cheaper than making in Singapore if you dun factor in the shipping fee :x 600baht/kg

How much it cost average to make a suit?
are there any packages?
coz i used to go to pratuanmarea to make.
SGD 250 - 2 suit , 1 tie, 2 shirt, 1 vess

DouBleB 22-05-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 66155483)
Wow - been a long while since i last posted and nothing's changed! we all still debating on best tailor and same 3 names - as usual! haha

for me too - still loving Crown Tailors. Heard they doing their SG trip soon. Should be good :)

Crown have cheaper than 1200 baht la. I bought before 1000.

Monogram pretty cool - i like, my brother don't like - so it depends!

Happy spending ;)

How much do they charge for the suit? based on average? is it cheaper to do it thailand?

Th3Keeper 22-05-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dede1217 (Post 66823572)
How much it cost average to make a suit?
are there any packages?
coz i used to go to pratuanmarea to make.
SGD 250 - 2 suit , 1 tie, 2 shirt, 1 vess

I asked Crown over email yesterday.
A slim fit suit is THB $5500, works out to about below SGD $230

fass74 22-05-2012 04:25 PM

Saw a farang in Crown when I went to collect my shirts. He was trying 3 suits and they looked pretty good

scudettoz7 22-05-2012 05:33 PM

Hi wana know if I am able to alter jeans and shorts and polo tees at those tailor shop..esp crown..as I am going to patronise this shop when I go bkk come june..if they charged extra..how much does they charge?

TIA! :)

Jordan Chang 23-05-2012 03:44 PM

fyi: CROWN TAILORS will be in Singapore from the 4th of July until the 9th of July 2012.

just email them for more details.

cqf30 28-05-2012 02:56 PM

Note from Crown Tailor for their upcoming Singapore trip from 4-9 July.

4 shirts start at SGD 219 inclusive of postage & taxes
1 pant starts at SGD 89 inclusive of postage & taxes

ShrekDonkey 28-05-2012 11:28 PM

just came back from Bkk and made 3 shirts from Crown, not too bad i feel, went on thurs afternoon and collected all my shirts on Sunday evening..

Here are the price list for Crown
(Lower Quality to Highest Quality)

Shirt:
1000B, 1200B, 1500B, 3000B
Pants:
2000B, 2500B, 3000B, 5000B
Suit(Jacket+Pants):
5500B, 8000B, 10000B, 15000B

scudettoz7 29-05-2012 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scudettoz7 (Post 66835412)
Hi wana know if I am able to alter jeans and shorts and polo tees at those tailor shop..esp crown..as I am going to patronise this shop when I go bkk come june..if they charged extra..how much does they charge?

TIA! :)

anybody knows bout this? thx! :(

Poshua 29-05-2012 04:54 AM

Going to BKK soon and intend to tailor suites.

Anyone tried any of this 5 so call best tailors?

5 best Bangkok tailors | CNNGo.com

I find the Duly shirts are very trendy and Narin Couture looks decent from the websites.

tekster 29-05-2012 06:01 PM

Anyone wanna go crown together when they come to sg?

They need minimum of 4 shirts to send. I'm thinking if making 2.

Poshua 30-05-2012 04:54 AM

When they coming and are they good?

Spartendrion 03-06-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poshua (Post 67052007)
When they coming and are they good?

4th July 2 pm 9 p.m.
5th July 9 a.m. 9 p.m.
6th July 9 a.m. 9 p.m.
7th July 9 a.m. 9 p.m.
8th July 9 a.m. 9 p.m.
9th July 9 a.m. 1 p.m.

and they are staying at
Somerset BenCoolen
51 Bencoolen Street, Bugis
Singapore 189630

bangc0ng 03-06-2012 04:53 PM

how much is a shirt?

will it be the same price compared to tailoring in thailand?

blade007 04-06-2012 01:53 PM

Just to clarify with all

the Boss tailor which you guys are referring to is:

Boss-Avenue custom tailor,(662).252.6042* 119 Soi Sukhumvit 7 Khwang Khlongtoey Nuea Khet Watthana Bangkok 10110

Right?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.