www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

Jordan Chang 05-06-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blade007 (Post 67202072)
Just to clarify with all

the Boss tailor which you guys are referring to is:

Boss-Avenue custom tailor,(662).252.6042* 119 Soi Sukhumvit 7 Khwang Khlongtoey Nuea Khet Watthana Bangkok 10110

Right?

that's right

bluemoooo 05-06-2012 08:04 PM

Any place have good seamstress for ladies clothes?

surevek 08-06-2012 07:58 AM

Guys, why no one mention skd suits @ 2nd floor mbk? I bought 10 shirts at 30 sing dollars each. The owners r of gurkha nationality. Find peter n say online pple intro him to buy shirts. This is the 2nd time i bought from them.

Price- 3.5/5 ($30 for 1 shirt assume u buy 10)
Quality- 4/5
Service- 4.5/5
Allow to bargain - 5/5
Knowledge - 5/5
After sales service- 5/5
Range- 3.5/5

tekster 08-06-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surevek (Post 67319151)
Guys, why no one mention skd suits @ 2nd floor mbk? I bought 10 shirts at 30 sing dollars each. The owners r of gurkha nationality. Find peter n say online pple intro him to buy shirts. This is the 2nd time i bought from them.

Quality- 4/5
Service- 4.5/5
Allow to bargain - 5/5
Knowledge - 5/5
After sales service- 5/5
Range- 3.5/5

when it comes to tailoring, it's not about just price for each shirt. it's about the cutting, the skills, the materials. it's all about the service. eg, do they give you suggestions which material go with which? which cuffs might be good for a particular design.

sooo.... perhaps you might wanna share more about your experience too. i'm sure mbk is so much more convenient. the ladies can go shop their stuff while we men go tailoring.

p/s there are tons of tailors in bkk. so not mentioning many should be quite common. lol

bayside 09-06-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekster (Post 67036541)
Anyone wanna go crown together when they come to sg?

They need minimum of 4 shirts to send. I'm thinking if making 2.

hey tekster let me know when you wanna head down.i am thinking of making 2-3 also.

Poshua 09-06-2012 06:09 PM

Going bkk this month. Maybe I'd tailor one each from well know shops. May I know a list of good ones? I don't mind spending more for good tailors. Also, planning to make suite and I heard those that can make good shirts doesn't mean they make good suite. Appreciate the community's advice bros..

bayside 11-06-2012 10:57 PM

hey guys where do you normally find the style or design you that you want crown to make?

Aloof_guy 12-06-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShrekDonkey (Post 67015851)
just came back from Bkk and made 3 shirts from Crown, not too bad i feel, went on thurs afternoon and collected all my shirts on Sunday evening..

Here are the price list for Crown
(Lower Quality to Highest Quality)

Shirt:
1000B, 1200B, 1500B, 3000B
Pants:
2000B, 2500B, 3000B, 5000B
Suit(Jacket+Pants):
5500B, 8000B, 10000B, 15000B

Wow isnt that really expensive for Thailand?

princessy 13-06-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 66744756)
To be honest with you, I understand why people "used to" go to Paul, but not anymore. Easy - we were never smart enough before imo. Even I used to go to paul for shirts n pants, then realize eventually that service not as good as used to be because clientele big now. Then I found crown and haven't changed since then. Gotta love their sales service. I assume you had lop/mana?

It's also good to hear crown doing singapore trip soon! It's always time for wardrobe update hahaha. But more money to spend again. Sigh :(.

TOTALLY AGREE! I will NOT recommend Paul's Fashion. I went to them last year, the service is good but unfortunately this year, their service is below average. Probably due to their popularity? Will check out Crown tailor next

Sinkie 13-06-2012 10:04 PM

anyone tried embassy fashion?

The Bespoke Tailor Shirts and Suits online in Bangkok

http://i.imgur.com/t0Tkx.jpg

price is negiotiable to as low as $50 if you tailor alot of shirts.. and many japanese tailor their shirts there too and given how demanding japanese are to their shirts, my friend highly recommended me here.

any feedback??

tenz1204 14-06-2012 03:15 AM

I will be dropping by crown this afternoon. Will be doing a review if I have time.

xterious 14-06-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 67495521)
I will be dropping by crown this afternoon. Will be doing a review if I have time.

Pls do. Going there soon too.

tenz1204 16-06-2012 11:30 PM

Crown is good. Fitting only 1st time and got all instructions as requested. Only disadvantage is they charge for additional details like initial, extra pattern..which some other tailor doesn't charge.. Anyway still reasonable. They take their business seriously and doesn't hard sell which is good.

eedwinn 16-06-2012 11:51 PM

Normally how many days do the tailors in BKK take? Going there for 3 days so I'm not sure they will be made in time

grantt 17-06-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 67575373)
Crown is good. Fitting only 1st time and got all instructions as requested. Only disadvantage is they charge for additional details like initial, extra pattern..which some other tailor doesn't charge.. Anyway still reasonable. They take their business seriously and doesn't hard sell which is good.

Agreed - that's what i love about crown. You buy as much as you want. There is no pressure to buy more than you need. Most other tailors try and tell you to buy buy buy and eventually you get annoyed at the pressure. For me personally, i love the attention they give you at the fitting. You can change just about anything you don't like and they oblige. Most other tailors try and convince you to say everything looks "amazing".

ZippyRa 17-06-2012 01:34 PM

Whats crown prices normally like?!?! they charge according to the amount of fabric use + service charges right?

lol never tailor before pardon me if that question quite noob :(

tenz1204 17-06-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZippyRa (Post 67586899)
Whats crown prices normally like?!?! they charge according to the amount of fabric use + service charges right?

lol never tailor before pardon me if that question quite noob :(

Prices depend on quality of the fabric.

Additional charges for extra detail ie monogram, colour contrast etc.

Shirt price 1000 1200 1500
Pants 2000 2500 3000

Iirc

xterious 17-06-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 67588278)
Prices depend on quality of the fabric.

Additional charges for extra detail ie monogram, colour contrast etc.

Shirt price 1000 1200 1500
Pants 2000 2500 3000

Iirc

How many days needed for the stuff to be done? Am going there for only 4d3n.

tenz1204 17-06-2012 04:46 PM

Mine took 2 days only. 1 shirt and 2 pants. Depending on fitting. My fit is good so can just take straightaway. Y 2 day cos I order another 1 pant. The 1st pant and shirt is testing the workmanship which I upfront tell crown.

blade007 19-06-2012 05:19 PM

Hi Guys,
Just got back from Thailand yesterday.
Though I should give some feedback since I got the tailor recommendations from here. Thanks Guys!

Some background, was looking to get some shirts and pants for daily office work thus nothing high end. Rather non-100% cotton as I like the feel more and normally easier to iron.
Budget in mind, but slightly flexible as I did bring more money:
Appox 1200B for shirts (50SGD)
Approx 1800B for Pants (80SGD)
Got my shirts from Boss Avenue based on my Budget and requirements. I went to Crown, but as I am not going for high end shirts this time round I decided that the price is too expensive.

My experience:
@ Crown:
Shirt Prices start at 1000B (Mix materials), 1200 (mix and 100% cotton?), 1500 (100% cotton, got 2 ply) and 3000 (never check details)
Pants start at 2000B. Never ask much since over budget.

Pros: Very Friendly, Not pushy.
Downside: 150B more for contrast.
After calculating my budget and feeling some fabrics, I decided that if I get the shirts from here, I would need to get the 1200B ones and with contrast. Calculating my budget for each shirt @ 1350 ea & pants @ 2000 ea, it exceeds my budget by alot. Decided to go over to Boss Avenue to take a look.

@ Boss Avenue:
Shirt Prices start at 900 (mix materials), 1200 (full cotton 1 ply), 1500 (full cotton 2ply).
Pants Prices start at 1200, 1500, 2000.
First Impressions (before purchase):
The 2 guys who served me is 1 guy with a tuban and another younger guy. Both are friendly.
End up choosing 4 shirts, and 2 pants. My friend made 4 pants as well. Shirts @ 900B range & Pants @ 1500 range.
I had some special requirements on both the shirt and pants they were cool with that. Even offered to add an additional layer on the insides of the pants so it feels good wearing.
Bargained a little, ended up agreeing on slight discount. =:p
Paid 4000B deposit.
Pros: Much cheaper than crown, Within my budget, No extra charge for contrast, seems accommodating. Friendly. Provided many suggestions on how the contrast should be, how collar and cuffs would suit what I want.
Cons: Not that many designs for 900B range. Well, reasonable since it is cheapest range.

First Fitting (2nd day 6.30pm): This time round served by 1 additional guy in Shirt and pants. This guy is not as friendly, and not as accommodating. I think is the Boss. Haha.
Mine:Shirt came out too big but I did not like the plain white collar, Pants came out too baggy behind.
My Friend: Pants came out too baggy around the waist.
Made the required Alteration and insisted on them changing the collar so there is a slight trimming, and told them I want to collect the shirts the next day so in case there are more alteration needed I could get it done.
Boss don't seem too happy but the Tuban guy is accommodating and agrees for an earlier collection.

Second Fitting & Collection(3rd day 6.30pm):
Shirts: All turns out nice, to what I want. They changed the collar for me too.
Pants: 1 pants cutting very nice, the other one still slightly baggy but acceptable.

My friend Pants: 3 pants are nice, 1 turn out very baggy behind but he is not that picky since the front looks good. haha.

Decide to collect and pay the rest of the amount. :o

Pros: Much cheaper than crown, Within my budget.
No extra charge for contrast. Accommodating enough. Friendly (for most staff). Provided many suggestions on how the contrast should be, how collar and cuffs would suit what I want.
Cons: Not that many designs for 900B range. Well, reasonable since it is cheapest range.
Side note: I dislike the "Boss" and if I was served in the first place by him, most likely I would have made my shirts/pants from Crown instead.

Comparing materials with Crown, I would say the 900B range materials is similar to the 1200B material at Crown. But of course, in the midst of the materials, some are really low grade, so you would really need to feel them all before deciding.

Overall experience I would give it an 8/10.
Only major thing lacking is the consistency. Thou likely this will happen in most tailors in Bangkok since they use many different seamstress but if a Tailor is good enough , they would check for small details like this.

Just my 2 cents. Sorry for the wall of text :o

Because_ar 19-06-2012 07:54 PM

normally how long does it take for them make a blazer ah?

lweegp 19-06-2012 10:50 PM

hey bros what about pinky? didnt hear much comments about pinky these days. i'll be going to bkk this coming friday and will be making a suit for my wedding day. any good and budget tailor to recommend? i'll be staying in phloen chit btw and hope to get one around the area ie nana, chitlom etc.

i have tried pinky and M1 (in MBK) before but never make suit so would really love to hear some comments from the bros here. thanks!

Poshua 20-06-2012 04:11 AM

Going on this Thursday and planning to get a grey/ navy suite. Which tailor has the best workmanship? Budget around S$400.

I would love to share the feedback or photos once I'm back.

meowmeowcat 20-06-2012 04:09 PM

just came back from bkk.. did some shirts..

my fren did a suit - full cashmere wool blazer + trouser = 6000 baht

workmanship is immaculate.. measure - fit on day 2 - day 3 deliver

embassy suit gallery

Because_ar 20-06-2012 08:21 PM

How much does a blazer cost? avg...? and back to my previous qn, how long does it take? thx

lweegp 21-06-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lweegp (Post 67660237)
hey bros what about pinky? didnt hear much comments about pinky these days. i'll be going to bkk this coming friday and will be making a suit for my wedding day. any good and budget tailor to recommend? i'll be staying in phloen chit btw and hope to get one around the area ie nana, chitlom etc.

i have tried pinky and M1 (in MBK) before but never make suit so would really love to hear some comments from the bros here. thanks!

anyone to answer my question? many thanks :D

guangzong 22-06-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lweegp (Post 67696641)
anyone to answer my question? many thanks :D

I had 2 shirts made at Pinky a year back.

Service wise, i would rate it as good. They are not pushy. Look for the son of the business, i think his name is "Win". He speaks fluent English. Try and call before heading down, so as not to go at a time when the shop is crowded. In this way, they get to spend more time with you. I did, and was able to avoid a group of Singaporean tourists who went there to get their shirts done.

Material wise, they do use good quality cotton, but they cost more. You may chose the cheaper cloth, but i do not recommend that. My shirts are still working fine. However, their price is not that great, as one shirt (of good material) cost around $90-$110 or so, if memory serves me right. If they are unable to finish your order before you leave, you have to pay for the freight charges, which cost another $20-30. You can try bargaining, which i didn't do. They offered to give me 10% discount on the spot, 20% if i made one more shirt.

jclark 22-06-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Because_ar (Post 67685237)
How much does a blazer cost? avg...? and back to my previous qn, how long does it take? thx

The cost really varies... as low as s$350 all the way to s$1k. The thing is most tailors market their fabric as pure wool or cashmere when they are at best just wool blends, or worse still... simply polyester. So be wary of dishonest tailors. Even at Rajawongse, they told me cashmere and wool when it was really just a poly blend. Best is to know what type of fabric you want before you commit to a tailor.

Some tailors just need 24 hours, some need fittings over a week. It depends. If its a rush job, be prepared to do alterations back here in Singapore.

jclark 22-06-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surevek (Post 67319151)

Quality- 4/5
Service- 4.5/5
Allow to bargain - 5/5
Knowledge - 5/5
After sales service- 5/5
Range- 3.5/5

If you like the shirts, I think that's a good deal.

However I did try SKD before. IMO the workmanship was poor and the fabrics had defects like permanent creases and loosened fibres. I have since gone on to pay more for better fabrics and workmanship. And oh, of course, be wary when they tell you "pure cotton" or "pure wool". For that price, it can't be.

To each his own I guess.

tekster 22-06-2012 07:03 PM

Crown tailor coming, who going?

MacroHard 23-06-2012 07:12 PM

Hi,

Anyone tried Narin Couture?

Saw them highly recommended here on CNNGO's website.

i don't mind paying $80 for shirt or pants if it's really well tailored.

But wanna know feedback.

is this guy's style very old?
Does it suit young working men's taste?
Usually I make slim cut shirts.

Because_ar 23-06-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jclark (Post 67740118)
The cost really varies... as low as s$350 all the way to s$1k. The thing is most tailors market their fabric as pure wool or cashmere when they are at best just wool blends, or worse still... simply polyester. So be wary of dishonest tailors. Even at Rajawongse, they told me cashmere and wool when it was really just a poly blend. Best is to know what type of fabric you want before you commit to a tailor.

Some tailors just need 24 hours, some need fittings over a week. It depends. If its a rush job, be prepared to do alterations back here in Singapore.

wow so much for a blazer? i was expecting 100+ :( guess gonna drop my idea of tailoring a blazer for myself in thailand

thanks for the info anyway

jclark 23-06-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Because_ar (Post 67771298)
wow so much for a blazer? i was expecting 100+ :( guess gonna drop my idea of tailoring a blazer for myself in thailand

thanks for the info anyway

For $100+, I'm pretty sure whats offered is a polyester suit. Still doable if that's ok with you. But I personally wouldn't recommend it.

Because_ar 24-06-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jclark (Post 67772060)
For $100+, I'm pretty sure whats offered is a polyester suit. Still doable if that's ok with you. But I personally wouldn't recommend it.

know nuts abt tailoring, is polyester really that bad? those normal branded stocks like G2K one is what mat?

jclark 24-06-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Because_ar (Post 67772603)
know nuts abt tailoring, is polyester really that bad? those normal branded stocks like G2K one is what mat?

Polyester is synthetic whereas wool is a natural fibre. Wool is more breathable than polyester and is considered more stylish.

You can go to Robinsons for eg. and feel the difference between polyester and wool suits. You can also feel the poly and wool blends. If you can't feel or appreciate the difference, no harm going for just the blend. Next time, when you can appreciate and also when budget permits, you may consider pure wool suits...which also has many varieties like super 100s, 110s etc.

If you are really on a budget and need a suit, just go for polyester then. Just get the fit right with the tailor.

If you're keen to know more, google the difference between polyester and wool.

G2K is mostly polyester or at most a wool blend. I have yet to come across pure wool suits there.

Because_ar 24-06-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jclark (Post 67777563)
Polyester is synthetic whereas wool is a natural fibre. Wool is more breathable than polyester and is considered more stylish.

You can go to Robinsons for eg. and feel the difference between polyester and wool suits. You can also feel the poly and wool blends. If you can't feel or appreciate the difference, no harm going for just the blend. Next time, when you can appreciate and also when budget permits, you may consider pure wool suits...which also has many varieties like super 100s, 110s etc.

If you are really on a budget and need a suit, just go for polyester then. Just get the fit right with the tailor.

If you're keen to know more, google the difference between polyester and wool.

G2K is mostly polyester or at most a wool blend. I have yet to come across pure wool suits there.

Thanks for the explanation. Guess i can make my trip down to make a polyester one :)

I suppose polyester one will be faster? or slower becuz more exp orders are prioritize? :eek:

Any recommended tailors? Crown? Boss? Pinky? my pref is best value for money.

jclark 24-06-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Because_ar (Post 67778561)
Thanks for the explanation. Guess i can make my trip down to make a polyester one :)

I suppose polyester one will be faster? or slower becuz more exp orders are prioritize? :eek:

Any recommended tailors? Crown? Boss? Pinky? my pref is best value for money.

No matter what fabric, it can be equally fast. The sacrifice is on the fit, unless you have time to do multiple fittings.

I would say Crown is good... I've tried them before. Workmanship is good and they are honest about their fabrics. Even if it says made in italy, they'll tell you its really from china. I would recommend coming here.

My personal favourite is Tailor On Ten which is all the way down in the same Soi as Crown, but they only offer pure wool. I hear they will bring in wool poly blends soon as they lose out on the Singapore market. They are pricey though.

keiichiro 24-06-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keiichiro (Post 65053289)
Review of crown.. I was there mid feb.. Did 2 shirt and pants..
Total have to do 4 fitting.. Each time i went , they did not have my shirts and pants ready even though the appointment was fixed beforehand.. Thus have to wait for at least 30 mins for their tailor to bring over.. Each time they alter will have new problem , ie. alter waist size, they will just alter waist size, never consider after alter other parts like hip or leg area will be out of shape.. same goes for the shirt..

I was there on Sunday, informed them i will be leaving on thursday afternoon, which should have more than enough time for fitting and alteration.. End up on thursday , after 3 fitting still have to do alteration again as the pants and shirt were out of shape due to excess cloths... I have to come back to BKK from pattaya just to pick up the clothes again on Saturday.
Finally they got it correct...

I didnt have this problem when i used boss the previous time.. They managed to get 4 shirt and 1 pants out for me within 3 days with only 2 fitting...

But to be fair, their cloth material seems to be of better quality compared to boss based on same price range..

Just an update on my tailored clothes from crown..
-Both pants pocket buttons has disappeared 1 month later.
-Front hook dropped off within 2 weeks.. My mom have to sew it back for me..
-3 months on one of the shirt is fraying on the underarm side due to rubbing against the fabric.

Tailor from boss..
-1 year on .. still going strong..

Looks like i have to take back my comment on better quality cloths..

tenz1204 24-06-2012 10:58 PM

I made a pants from tailor on ten too. agree that is pricey. Did the 5600 baht pants. Didn't gave me the wow factor though..now can only see how long the pants can last.

jclark 25-06-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 67798294)
I made a pants from tailor on ten too. agree that is pricey. Did the 5600 baht pants. Didn't gave me the wow factor though..now can only see how long the pants can last.

The price premium is for the fabric, guess yours is the super 110s. I only tried super 100s. Workmanship was good IMO, and should last since they should be dry cleaned and not subject to the rigours of our washing machines.

But doubt I will tailor pants with them again as I feel tailoring them at Iris from Lucky Plaza is cheaper.. Only S$200 for the super 110s, compared to 5600 baht at Tailor On Ten.

tenz1204 25-06-2012 07:04 AM

yup, I only did 1 to test the workmanship. because I have been doing pants from 1800-2500 baht. Just want to see how good this is or just the hype. Seriously speaking, lay man cannot differentiate much for fabric. I only trust my hand and touch. If I like the material (ie comfy), heck if it is from china or italy.

Sinkie 25-06-2012 01:30 PM

Anyway to test whether is 3 ply cotton or polyester blend?

KeKeLaRz 26-06-2012 04:01 AM

anyone used raja fashion before? expensive but meant to be good?

jclark 26-06-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinkie (Post 67812778)
Anyway to test whether is 3 ply cotton or polyester blend?

Do a burn test.... if that's even possible.

grantt 27-06-2012 02:39 AM

Again, we come back to the same story. 5600 THB for a pair of pants is ridiculous! We can get that from other tailors for 2.5 pants!!

the burn test situation - it can tell you right away if it is polyester or some wool or 100% wool, but you cannot tell how many % wool it has. By the way, 3 ply cotton probably too thick for singapore also for the shirts! That's why i keep going back to crown because i trust what they sell is the real deal. If they say it's 100% cotton, it's 100% cotton. Hey, we get what we pay for right?

Btw, who going to crown in singapore?

jclark 27-06-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 67861366)
Again, we come back to the same story. 5600 THB for a pair of pants is ridiculous! We can get that from other tailors for 2.5 pants!!

the burn test situation - it can tell you right away if it is polyester or some wool or 100% wool, but you cannot tell how many % wool it has. By the way, 3 ply cotton probably too thick for singapore also for the shirts! That's why i keep going back to crown because i trust what they sell is the real deal. If they say it's 100% cotton, it's 100% cotton. Hey, we get what we pay for right?

Btw, who going to crown in singapore?

I agree 5600 is lots, but it isn't true you can 2.5 pants of the same quality elsewhere. Even Crown's pure wool pants are at least 3000 baht IIRC. Tailor On Ten's pure wool starts from 4200 baht for the super 100s. The 5600 price is for the super 110s. So... unless you were comparing with wool blend pants or polyester pants, doubt you can get 2.5.

But I agree... Crown is honest with its fabric, if its from China, they will tell you so. However, just after a month, one of the buttons from my pants made there fell off......

Sinkie 27-06-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinkie (Post 67488115)
anyone tried embassy fashion?

The Bespoke Tailor Shirts and Suits online in Bangkok

http://i.imgur.com/t0Tkx.jpg

price is negiotiable to as low as $50 if you tailor alot of shirts.. and many japanese tailor their shirts there too and given how demanding japanese are to their shirts, my friend highly recommended me here.

any feedback??

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowmeowcat (Post 67679158)
just came back from bkk.. did some shirts..

my fren did a suit - full cashmere wool blazer + trouser = 6000 baht

workmanship is immaculate.. measure - fit on day 2 - day 3 deliver

embassy suit gallery

Embassy suit gallery is a cheater.. Their cheapest range for shirt around $48 sgd.. But it is not egypt cotton and instead it's polyester even though at the shop he claimed its Egypt 3 ply cotton and $48 is the lowest he can go which make me though I got a good deal..

Please avoid this embassy suit at all cost unless u dont mind tailoring polyester shirt

Gaara1983 27-06-2012 11:34 PM

just back from my wild bkk trip. I would like to take this opportunity to introduce Tailor on Ten to you guys. I did 3 shirts with them and I am very satisfied with their services, workmanship, design and recommendations.

Alex, who is the owner of the shop, really does provide an extra mile in exceeding his customers' satisfaction. Firstly, he will make an attempt to speak to everyone whom visited his shop, regardless if they are his clients or merely just browsing around. He will also showcase his selection of fabrics and explain the differences between the good ones and the least expensive ones. 2ndly, the entire customer experience was none pushy and you actually have time to think through what you really want. 3rdly, I have been to a couple of tailors during my past trips in bkk and their choice of fabric material and design are definitely one of the better ones. Especially recommended for guys who want to look cool, trendy and yet profesional. The only negative bit is that their location is abit off, kinda deep into the soi.. will probably need 15-20 mins of walk...

Tailors I have visited (review based on latest visits)
1) Tailor on Ten
Worksmanship = 7/10 (requires some re-adjusting after the 1st fit, can be improved)
Fabric design/choices = 9/10 (wide spread of choices, trendy , fashionable and looks professional)
Material = 9/10 (Comfortable and cooling, 2 ply cotton rocks!)
Attitude = 9/10 (goes the extra mile, non-pushy)
Price = 8/10 (the shirts are worth investing, but i feel that the pants are rather pricey.. would actually go for a lower end one)
Location = 4/10 (deep in the soi, need taxi or motorbike)
Overall experience = 11/10 (they can definitely improve on the location and worksmanship, however I felt that my purchases are fairly justified and I throughly enjoyed the entire customer experience! Looking forward to make a few more shirts soon!)

Crown Tailors
Worksmanship = 6/10 (require re-adjusting after 1st fit. their pants looks good but my friend and I just stop wearing the shirt we made. Feels hot when you wear the shirts, rough and thin material -_-)
Fabric design/choices = 6/10 (Typical design which you can find in any shops)
Material = 6/10 (Pants are fine but shirt is CMI == i have stated why earlier on)
Attitude = 7/10 (Willing to help resolves customer problems. Typical transactional feel, you come in, they try to impress, you order then bye bye!)
Price = 8/10 (Still worth it if you are looking for lower end pants)
Location = 9/10 (easy to find na, just below NANA BTS)
Overall experience = 7/10 (still one of the slighty better ones outside, if you know what you want)

Narin
Crown Tailors
Worksmanship = 9/10 (power skills, no need to readjusting after 1st fitting, Premium)
Fabric design/choices = 8/10 (quite a variety as well and different from the typical tailor designs)
Material = 8.5/10 ( Material is pretty cooling )
Attitude = 6/10 (abit ATAS, just tell me upfront via email need to take 1 week to make 3 shirts and did not explained why. that is why i stopped visiting them during this trip. he only take 4 days for my previous trips, 3 shirts as well)
Price = 6/10 ( go for it if you want to pay premium for his workmanship)
Location= 7/10 (along Sukhumvit main road)
Overall experience = 7/10 (they are definitely one of the more expensive ones in bkk. but they do provide premium worksmanship.)

Empire Tailor
Worksmanship = 7/10 (requires readjusting after 1st fit)
Fabric design/choices = 6/10 (Typical design which you can find in any shops)
Material = 5/10 (Supposingly they say it's Egyptain clothing. but its not -_-)
Attitude = 8/10 (Beyond transactional feel, you can chill and relax at their shop)
Price = 6/10
Location = 7/10 (along sukhumvit main road)
Overall experience = 6/10 (I do not recommend anyone to this shop)

KeKeLaRz 28-06-2012 12:40 AM

no feedback on Rajas? i see Rajas most expensive.

Because_ar 28-06-2012 01:46 AM

I actually read through all the pages from the 1st page till the current page during my free time. Great reviews from many of you, especially Condor.

Basically Crown, Pinky and Boss avenue are more popular here.

Guess I will head down to Crown during my BKK trip.

I will probably be making a suit for wedding dinner/prom/formal dinner. I've seen reviews with prices ranges from 5k-8k baht from Crowns, Boss and other less popular but with positive review tailors. But since the price range are almost the same, I'd go with Crown.

This is my first trip to BKK and first time tailoring a suit. What are the points I need to take note or prepare before heading down to Crown? my trip is 3days 3night. I plan to cab down to Crown at around 9pm on weekday, will they still be willing to serve me? I hope 3 days is enough for the fitting and alterations...