www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

tenz1204 02-08-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerD (Post 68799942)
I don't know of any near there. I just made 3 shirts and 1 pants at Tailor On Ten though, in Sukhumvit. 1100thb per shirt, 2000thb for the pants, tomorrow I try them on. Will let you know if any good, seems ok for now though.

I am curious, are you sure the prices for tailor on ten is correct? Are you a regular for tailor on ten or 1st timer?

TiggerD 02-08-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 68801204)
I am curious, are you sure the prices for tailor on ten is correct? Are you a regular for tailor on ten or 1st timer?

Yes, I was just in the shop about 3 hours ago, definitely correct. There were more expensive fabrics but these felt good and were the cheapest (I am on a budget) This is my first time with Tailor On Ten but not my first time getting tailored clothing, I have used tailors many times before.

pin_loon 02-08-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerD (Post 68799942)
I don't know of any near there. I just made 3 shirts and 1 pants at Tailor On Ten though, in Sukhumvit. 1100thb per shirt, 2000thb for the pants, tomorrow I try them on. Will let you know if any good, seems ok for now though.

Thanks. My thai friend recommended me Bangkok Fashions. Did anyone patron it before?

tenz1204 02-08-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerD (Post 68801368)
Yes, I was just in the shop about 3 hours ago, definitely correct. There were more expensive fabrics but these felt good and were the cheapest (I am on a budget) This is my first time with Tailor On Ten but not my first time getting tailored clothing, I have used tailors many times before.

Ok.. They told me their cheapest pants was 3000 baht. Didnt know there is a 2000 baht pants. Is urs china chinos fabric?I went there a month ago. Chose their medium range.

EviLAng3L 03-08-2012 12:13 PM

Does crown or boss provide better quality fabric? do they actually tailor short sleeve shirt ?

TiggerD 03-08-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 68806631)
Ok.. They told me their cheapest pants was 3000 baht. Didnt know there is a 2000 baht pants. Is urs china chinos fabric?I went there a month ago. Chose their medium range.

I went in for my fitting today, it made me very happy. Shirt was very slim fit (just what I wanted) and a perfect size. The pants also fit me really well, they did not have the hem stitched as they wanted to confirm the length which was correct. They only made me the one shirt at first to check size and will deliver the others tonight, makes sense incase it didn't fit so well. I am pretty happy with the whole experience.

Ben (owner) said that they have just introduced their blended suit and shirt line in the last few weeks so that explains why you didn't know Tenz1204. They have 2 shirt tailors working in the shop and you can watch them making your shirt infront of you which was different to the others I have been to who seem to just send to a factory somewhere.

One thing I would say is that they need to get a tuk tuk as they are at the end of soi 8 and its a 5 minute walk or so in the sun. I will make a suit with them next time I am back in Bangkok for sure.

tomsherry 04-08-2012 01:18 PM

Bangkok Custom Tailors

Hi people,

If you are in Bangkok trip and attracted to perfect suits customization then I would like to recommend about Bangkok custom tailor (Toms Fashion) in one of them for provide better quality and satisfaction and I have used this tailor many times before.

Regards,

bigass 06-08-2012 09:56 PM

Just done 4 pcs of shirts at Crown. Well service overall is not not bad, and to play safe try to go to those recommended by fellow forumers. It shldn't go wrong. Pcs and mixed advices ard the thread so do your homework before going down.

Do noted that taxi drivers do manual charge during peak hrs hence you can tk mrt to NaNa station and alight on the left with your back facing the ctrl stn.

Another most mentioned tailor is Men on ten. Its located in the far stretch of Soi 8. If u see crown, just further walk all the way into the street. U will pass by many pubs and restaruants. Its located on your left where u are facing into the street.

Cheers

natas 06-08-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pin_loon (Post 68802292)
Thanks. My thai friend recommended me Bangkok Fashions. Did anyone patron it before?

They have been there quite long. My 1st suit from them about 10 yrs ago.

d3n 07-08-2012 10:29 AM

hi guys,

i am going to BKK this sept.

previously I had two cufflink shirt made with Pinky.

would like to try a different tailor this time round. but not making cufflink shirt this time.

reasons for changing is not cos i am not satisfied with Pinky just that i find their cloth selection very little (the last time i went 2 years ago).

any recommendation?

i see a long list on this thread and its difficult to read so many pages.

sspirits 10-08-2012 01:55 PM

Hi. Does anyone know of any tailors that is willing to do measurements and fitting at your hotel rooms?

d3n 10-08-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sspirits (Post 69002819)
Hi. Does anyone know of any tailors that is willing to do measurements and fitting at your hotel rooms?

cfm need to pay extra. why so lazy? dun get out of your hotel rm? :s13:

grantt 10-08-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3n (Post 69003860)
cfm need to pay extra. why so lazy? dun get out of your hotel rm? :s13:

HAHAHAHA - he is busy with the missus ;), or wait..not the missus, but the real reason you are in bangkok !!

i am sure most tailors will offer it at an extra cost. If they can deliver to hotel, they must be able to offer services? Or, maybe not? I have no idea!

grantt 10-08-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3n (Post 68919053)
hi guys,

i am going to BKK this sept.

previously I had two cufflink shirt made with Pinky.

would like to try a different tailor this time round. but not making cufflink shirt this time.

reasons for changing is not cos i am not satisfied with Pinky just that i find their cloth selection very little (the last time i went 2 years ago).

any recommendation?

i see a long list on this thread and its difficult to read so many pages.

Make it easy for you -

Boss
Crown
TOT

Three shops most talked bout on this thread.

Jordan Chang 13-08-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sspirits (Post 69002819)

most tailors would, but it is not recommended. you might not get a good selection of cloths.

d3n 13-08-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 69016757)
Make it easy for you -

Boss
Crown
TOT

sorry to trouble you again... any price range for a business shirt (non cuffs) for these 3? :D

d3n 13-08-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Chang (Post 69085846)
most tailors would, but it is not recommended. you might not get a good selection of cloths.

yah, had to consider this.

TiggerD 14-08-2012 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3n (Post 69086541)
sorry to trouble you again... any price range for a business shirt (non cuffs) for these 3? :D

Tailor On Ten shirts sell at 1100thb per shirt per shirt. I think it's cheaper if you buy 4. They are the only that actually have the shirt tailors working in the shop. Crown has a good reputation too but I have not tried them. Let us know who you go with and what you think of the quality.

fass74 14-08-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fass74 (Post 66801268)
Thinking of trying tailor on ten or narin on my next trip, just trying to convince my bank account :D

I'll give another feedback when I'm done trying all the shirts from Boss and Crown

Having worn the shirts from both shops for a few months, here's my impression:
Material from Crown does seem to hold up better. Stitching also more symmetrical. I was gonna say they have attention to detail until i noticed that the contrast on the inside of my cuff, which has red dashes on a black background, is vertical on one and horizontal on the other. Fortunately the pattern is quite fine so you can't spot it unless you look closely. I wish they made my shirts a little longer because the sides seem to pop out of my pants a little too often. Overall I'll still be happy to go back to them for shirts, just have to pay attention to the "problem" areas.

Material seems a little less stiff and as a result feels less sharp. Standing in front of a mirror it looks fine but when I look down my shirt, I can see waves in the placket. I think someone else has mentioned that they will go to Boss for their everyday work shirts and I think if you are on a budget, they are not too shabby.

d3n 14-08-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerD (Post 69100865)
Tailor On Ten shirts sell at 1100thb per shirt per shirt. I think it's cheaper if you buy 4. They are the only that actually have the shirt tailors working in the shop. Crown has a good reputation too but I have not tried them. Let us know who you go with and what you think of the quality.

thanks! this is walk in rate? cos their website states 1700 baht... :D

grantt 15-08-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3n (Post 69086541)

Crown starts at 1000 Baht and i think Boss starts at 950 Baht. TOT used to be 1700 as per the website, didn't know about 1100 shirts till the previous poster.

As a warning - Boss does not do felled seams (which is nearly a must for tailored shirts nowadays), but Crown and TOT does. So be wary of that.

Email them all and see what they say about timings that you have so that you can plan ahead.

TiggerD 15-08-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 69125797)
Crown starts at 1000 Baht and i think Boss starts at 950 Baht. TOT used to be 1700 as per the website, didn't know about 1100 shirts till the previous poster.

As a warning - Boss does not do felled seams (which is nearly a must for tailored shirts nowadays), but Crown and TOT does. So be wary of that.

Email them all and see what they say about timings that you have so that you can plan ahead.

Yeah, I paid 1100 baht for my shirts, but they their cheapest shirts are 1000thb each, I think it's extra if you want fancy designs or mother of pearl buttons (I got the buttons, love them) but thats why mine were 1100thb...I just checked their website, it doesn't mention the 1000thb shirts but they are in the upstairs, there is a big room full of them. Does anyone have any experience ordering them online? I worry that they won't be the same. Thoughts?

tenz1204 15-08-2012 06:54 PM

I have been to TOT too. Didn't know they have 1000 bahts, I was there in June. And I thought their cheapest pants is 3000. the upstairs I went was a big changing room.

d3n 15-08-2012 08:37 PM

TOT seems quite transparent with their pricing... while crown website doesn't put.

think i will just give TOT a try. :)

joie 17-08-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerD (Post 69100865)

Ben from Tailor On Ten has replied to my enquiry and quoted me THB 1,700 for ladies shirts. Do they really sell shirts at THB 1,100?

TiggerD 18-08-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joie (Post 69204455)
Ben from Tailor On Ten has replied to my enquiry and quoted me THB 1,700 for ladies shirts. Do they really sell shirts at THB 1,100?

They are selling blended cotton for 1000thb not 100% cotton. 100% high quality cotton at 1700thb and I don't know the other prices. The prices for the blended cotton are not on the website....I have just ordered 2 more shirts online and I mentioned that the 1000thb shirts are not online...will let you know what they say about that.

There are loads of fabrics downstairs but the upstairs room is full of shirt fabrics too...

joie 18-08-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerD (Post 69208563)
They are selling blended cotton for 1000thb not 100% cotton. 100% high quality cotton at 1700thb and I don't know the other prices. The prices for the blended cotton are not on the website....I have just ordered 2 more shirts online and I mentioned that the 1000thb shirts are not online...will let you know what they say about that.

There are loads of fabrics downstairs but the upstairs room is full of shirt fabrics too...

Thanks for your update. They have told me they are blended cotton. I will drop by to check out the fabrics when I'm in Bangkok next month. I'm assuming they have done a good job since you are ordering 2 more shirts. Do keep us posted.

tomsherry 20-08-2012 01:16 PM

Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Chang (Post 69085846)

Yeah, i agreed with your suggestions and I would like to recommend about toms fashion tailor in bkk.

Henabi 21-08-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 69016757)
Make it easy for you -

Boss
Crown
TOT

i will be staying at Citin Pratanum... any of these three near this hotel?

LH0779 22-08-2012 04:28 PM

just need some advice. I got my friend to help me tailor 2 pair of pants for my husband last month (i pass my friend one of his pants to get the tailor to follow). but the cutting was really off, the tapered pants became baggy pants.

I'll be going to BKK next month, so should I bring the pants back to the same tailor in bangkok to alter for free. or I should just get my husband to get it alter at a singapore tailor. cost is definitely a considering factor as i'm not sure how much SIN tailor will charge for such alteration.

tenz1204 22-08-2012 06:15 PM

Pass it to the same tailor to alter.

drgame871 23-08-2012 01:34 PM

What are Crown's 100% cotton shirts' prices like? ToT is 1700baht. Considering btw these 2.

Condor 24-08-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 69125797)

Actually Boss does felled seams. It's Pinky that does not.

I'm headed to BKK on Sat evening and will make more shirts. Likely giving Boss a pass this time. My older Pinky shirts are holding up much better than my newer Boss'. Again, this trip no time for Narin, but may try Tanika and Ten.

interest 25-08-2012 08:55 PM

newman exclusive

was back from bkk with some tailored made shirts and pants at newman exclusive in amari hotel.the experience was very bad, staff was rude and arrogant and can tell not very skilled. Only the boss was friendly and professional , but was not there the few time when i go for fitting.
1st visit, boss arnd, all very friendly , measurement was done.

2nd visit for fitting , went there at instructed time but was made to go shop around for 1 or 2 hr because the things have not arrived. sounded off a fault on my gf skirt but was told it was ok by the staff.

3rd visit for 2nd fitting ,was assured to be able to come anytime in the morning by the unprofessional staff , in the end he say have to wait 1 hr because send to factory for initials to be done ,was very frustrated, because they seem to treat our time as though made to wait for them , i have to kick up a fuss to make my stuff come earlier for trying, tried again and the fault sounded off earlier by my gf seems to be more obvious, so consulted the boss when he was back and he say yuup it shl be amended since it looks ugly because of it.blazer was nt good too , but the staff cant tell whats wrong until the boss had a look to correct it.

Last fitting and collection day, the boss wasnt arnd , the staff was bossy,I was questioned by him rudely when i want to try the new shirt which he thought i had tried earlier on, which i nv, gf skirt was still the same , when sounded off to him, he was arrogant and say just leave it if dont like rudely, no intention to correct it at all. had a heated up argument with that idiot and took less than what we ordered, obviously do not want to do much business or continue to with them.

All and all i just want to say is we dont mind if it was slow as we want it done well too but we do mind if he said the timing and assured us for nothing because it will screw up our schedule and definitely frustrate us especially when the staff was rude and giving all kind of excuses.

tenz1204 25-08-2012 10:09 PM

Up for awareness. I am curious how baht did you pay for your tailored clothes.

grantt 26-08-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drgame871 (Post 69349488)
What are Crown's 100% cotton shirts' prices like? ToT is 1700baht. Considering btw these 2.

Crown is 1500.

And apologies for my misunderstanding above. So Boss does do felled seams and pinky doesn't. Will keep that in mind!

Interest - sounds like you had a horrible experience! I really hope you didn't pay up your balance and as the above poster said, i'm curious to know your total costings too.

interest 27-08-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 69411713)
Up for awareness. I am curious how baht did you pay for your tailored clothes.

the clothes about 41 42 sgd pants 68 60 sgd

interest 27-08-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mambofever (Post 66335976)
good idea. the last time i did at Amari Paul's Fashion.. Around 750 baht i think one shirt and pants arnd 60SGd..

hi mambo, whats the quality of the shirt like? 2 ply ? 100% cotton , if really so,750 bahts is really gd deal

tenz1204 27-08-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by interest (Post 69448210)
the clothes about 41 42 sgd pants 68 60 sgd

I did my shirt for sgd$59 and pants for 79.. Still good after 1 yr wear..fitting is also all right.

Bishio 27-08-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by interest (Post 69448997)
hi mambo, whats the quality of the shirt like? 2 ply ? 100% cotton , if really so,750 bahts is really gd deal

i dun think one can get 100% cotton shirts under 1500 bhat.

TiggerD 28-08-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drgame871 (Post 69349488)

Just got my two shirts that I ordered from Tailor On Ten by post. Perfect fit, just like the other ones I got in the shop. It didn't take long at all. I have no complaints. The only hard thing is not being able to look at the fabrics and touch them. But you can see photos on the website.

At Tailor On Ten for 1700thb you get 100% cotton, initials embroidered, contrast fabric inside collar or whatever other fancy detail you want and mother of pearl buttons, so no extra charge.
Someone said Crown does it for 1500thb...does this include the embroidery, contrasting fabric and so on? I thought that these details were extra?
My boss uses Crown and is happy, I'm happy with TOT, I guess you can't go wrong if you use either.
To whoever wants to go to a Tailor close to their hotels I would say just go to Soi 8 its worth not getting a disappointment.
I have not washed my shirts yet so I don't know if they shrink...I hope not because they will be too small.they said they were pre shrunk.....I will let you know....by the way, anyone used a tailor in Hong Kong?

Condor 30-08-2012 09:06 PM

Prior to this trip I wanted to stay away from Boss as the durability is not quite there and the consistency and accuracy of details/requests are often wrong.

After this trip, I decided to strike them off my list of tailor deserving a mention. From 850b/shirt that I paid for previously, they now quoted me 1200b before finally saying that cannot be done for 1100b. The "premium" was for my designs. Granted, they are not the typical design, but nearly want to quote me a 50% premium (850 -> 1200)?!?! For this price, I would just head to Pinky or Crown.

I found another tailor, Jim Man, just beside Narin. 1000b/shirt, but gotten some discount for 5 shirts. Thai Chinese, with in house tailor. Communications a bit hard, but I managed with paper cuts for my design requests. No extra charge for contrast, inners, cuffs, collars, etc. Monogram costs 100b more though that I gave a pass.

Fabric selection not extensive and not high quality. Some fabrics unmoved for a while, can see yellow patches (due to sun exposure?). Limited whites, and fabric generally rather thin. Eager to please though. Very accommodating. First look workmanship acceptable. House style slightly different, perhaps consider not too trendy? Collar was smaller ~0.5" narrower? The fit is probably not ideal as it was a little "too slim" cut. If the fabric shrinks, good luck to me. Anyway, just to try them out. If not too shabby, I'll just bring along a shirt for them to copy next time as replacement for Boss.

Made 4 shirts and a trouser at Pinky. Pricey yes but the service and durability and cut should make up for it. Trouser 2k, shirts 2k, 1.5k, 1k * 2. Added 300b each shirt for my design before finally getting some discount. This time I asked for felled seams and I got them. One of my shirt design turn out pretty good and Nom made a copy for himself.

Initially though of going TOT and vaguely remember it being along the same Soi and Crown. Walked half the Soi or so and didn't see any sign and decided to turn back instead. Not too determined haha, maybe next round instead.

grantt 04-09-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 69544875)
Prior to this trip I wanted to stay away from Boss as the durability is not quite there and the consistency and accuracy of details/requests are often wrong.

After this trip, I decided to strike them off my list of tailor deserving a mention. From 850b/shirt that I paid for previously, they now quoted me 1200b before finally saying that cannot be done for 1100b. The "premium" was for my designs. Granted, they are not the typical design, but nearly want to quote me a 50% premium (850 -> 1200)?!?! For this price, I would just head to Pinky or Crown.

I found another tailor, Jim Man, just beside Narin. 1000b/shirt, but gotten some discount for 5 shirts. Thai Chinese, with in house tailor. Communications a bit hard, but I managed with paper cuts for my design requests. No extra charge for contrast, inners, cuffs, collars, etc. Monogram costs 100b more though that I gave a pass.

Fabric selection not extensive and not high quality. Some fabrics unmoved for a while, can see yellow patches (due to sun exposure?). Limited whites, and fabric generally rather thin. Eager to please though. Very accommodating. First look workmanship acceptable. House style slightly different, perhaps consider not too trendy? Collar was smaller ~0.5" narrower? The fit is probably not ideal as it was a little "too slim" cut. If the fabric shrinks, good luck to me. Anyway, just to try them out. If not too shabby, I'll just bring along a shirt for them to copy next time as replacement for Boss.

Made 4 shirts and a trouser at Pinky. Pricey yes but the service and durability and cut should make up for it. Trouser 2k, shirts 2k, 1.5k, 1k * 2. Added 300b each shirt for my design before finally getting some discount. This time I asked for felled seams and I got them. One of my shirt design turn out pretty good and Nom made a copy for himself.

Initially though of going TOT and vaguely remember it being along the same Soi and Crown. Walked half the Soi or so and didn't see any sign and decided to turn back instead. Not too determined haha, maybe next round instead.

Lazy lazy lazy guy you are! You're missing out the good stuff at Crown and TOT it seems! hahahahaha.

Anyone have new designs they done that want to share? I saw some interesting designs lately myself and think it's time to re-send a new order in..ahh..- can't stop this at all! Kinda getting expensive!

xtwis7 04-09-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerD (Post 69471948)
Just got my two shirts that I ordered from Tailor On Ten by post. Perfect fit, just like the other ones I got in the shop. It didn't take long at all. I have no complaints. The only hard thing is not being able to look at the fabrics and touch them. But you can see photos on the website.

At Tailor On Ten for 1700thb you get 100% cotton, initials embroidered, contrast fabric inside collar or whatever other fancy detail you want and mother of pearl buttons, so no extra charge.
Someone said Crown does it for 1500thb...does this include the embroidery, contrasting fabric and so on? I thought that these details were extra?
My boss uses Crown and is happy, I'm happy with TOT, I guess you can't go wrong if you use either.
To whoever wants to go to a Tailor close to their hotels I would say just go to Soi 8 its worth not getting a disappointment.
I have not washed my shirts yet so I don't know if they shrink...I hope not because they will be too small.they said they were pre shrunk.....I will let you know....by the way, anyone used a tailor in Hong Kong?

Care to share some pics? I was actually decided on Crown. But I think I'm just going to stick with TOT and whack a few shirts plus pants. How did the 2200 baht fabrics feel? I'm quite sad they don't offer contrast in polka dot as it's my favorite pattern.

d3n 05-09-2012 01:41 AM

just made 2 TOT shirt yesterday. later go do fitting.

bought a 1700 baht and 2200 baht shirt.

:)

the place quite easy to find. go to sukhumvit soi 8... walk right to the end. look on your left and u see an atas house shop with rocky stone steps leading to the house shop.

gnixer 05-09-2012 12:23 PM

getting close a $100 to make one.

tenz1204 05-09-2012 03:58 PM

I am going to TOT and Crown tomorrow too. Will give you review about the experience.

d3n 06-09-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3n (Post 69676875)
just made 2 TOT shirt yesterday. later go do fitting.

bought a 1700 baht and 2200 baht shirt.

:)

the place quite easy to find. go to sukhumvit soi 8... walk right to the end. look on your left and u see an atas house shop with rocky stone steps leading to the house shop.

just went back to do fitting yesterday... its perfect! no further alteration required. very satisfied. looking forward to receive my new shirt on fri. :D

fass74 06-09-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerD (Post 69471948)

I know Crown do charge for initials and contrast individually for the lower end range so if you do both at Crown, it will be even more expensive than ToT. I'll give ToT a go when I head there next month

xtwis7 06-09-2012 04:15 PM

I'm thinking of getting around 5 shirts from TOT when I visit next Sat. Maybe 2 1000 baht, 2 1700 baht and 1 2200 baht shirt for a special occasion.