www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

kherro 14-06-2016 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satki General (Post 101937959)
btw are you sure TOT is cheaper than local tailors? I recalled their pricing is very similar to some of our local tailors for the premium fabric range (English or italian mill cloth). Almost wanted to go with them also but after price comparison decided to do one locally

I ask some of my friends, its about $900 plus for bespoke, like rossi and those tailor at millennia walk. i think TOT is about their standard, but cheaper than them. And of coz the service level as well, which i think its quite important as I'm not quite pro with cloth materials.

jigibut 14-06-2016 08:01 PM

Hey guys, so here's a photo of the suit before alterations.

http://s32.postimg.org/b2vje9c7p/Suit_Before.jpg

As you can see, the mid portion looks weird and long. The sleeve is a still bit too long and you can't see it but its abit too wide as well. Lastly my pocket square was always sinking into the pocket. Therefore these are the changes I will be making. Manop knows of this and will be getting it fixed for me after we talked about the issues!

Alex.hero 14-06-2016 09:45 PM

Looks ok. Just need a little bit of alteration

jigibut 14-06-2016 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex.hero (Post 101945680)
Looks ok. Just need a little bit of alteration

Manop said he will shorten the jacket and cut away the edges for the middle portion. sounds like quite abit of estimation to me but i'm trusting him on his ability.

CeSaRiO 14-06-2016 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigibut (Post 101943955)

As you can see, the mid portion looks weird and long. The sleeve is a still bit too long and you can't see it but its abit too wide as well. Lastly my pocket square was always sinking into the pocket. Therefore these are the changes I will be making. Manop knows of this and will be getting it fixed for me after we talked about the issues!

Yup, can see that. For your suit, the shoulder portion you'll probably need to reduce another 1.5-2 cm.

You still need my help? I'm flying off next week.

turtlezhu 14-06-2016 11:10 PM

Quote:

Your jacket make your body looks real long.

grantt 15-06-2016 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtlezhu (Post 101947223)
Your jacket make your body looks real long.

Agree, jacket looks too long, it's folding over weirdly, baggy in the sleeves also and sleeves are long..

many many changes! did you go for 1 or 2 fittings for all this?

Nurse.Vijay 15-06-2016 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeSaRiO (Post 101926058)
Well that's true. Even Kevin Seah's set cost minimally 3k with the whole suit being hand-stitched. :eek:

Is this your first suit by the way?

I think 3k you will only get hand-stitched buttonholes. Even pick stitching may be machine made. Serious. But Kevin Seah will alter until he gets it right.

Nurse.Vijay 15-06-2016 07:35 AM

Quote:

They may have taken reference from you sleeves and because you have long arms, your jacket also becomes long. Another reason is the slim fit cutting. You should have asked for a less exaggerated fit and a larger lapel.

CeSaRiO 15-06-2016 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nurse.Vijay (Post 101950376)
I think 3k you will only get hand-stitched buttonholes. Even pick stitching may be machine made. Serious. But Kevin Seah will alter until he gets it right.

That's so expensive:eek:

turtlezhu 15-06-2016 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 101949478)
Agree, jacket looks too long, it's folding over weirdly, baggy in the sleeves also and sleeves are long..

many many changes! did you go for 1 or 2 fittings for all this?

First thing i got to do is to wear and test my suit when i get back to bkk in august.

CeSaRiO 15-06-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtlezhu (Post 101954265)
First thing i got to do is to wear and test my suit when i get back to bkk in august.

I think by then you will need to make a new suit cos you'll grow fat due to stress! :s13: :s12:

turtlezhu 15-06-2016 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeSaRiO (Post 101955005)
I think by then you will need to make a new suit cos you'll grow fat due to stress! :s13: :s12:

Hmmm sorry sia bro i not even closed to your size hahaha. Anyway i got no stress. What is there to stress about.

CeSaRiO 15-06-2016 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtlezhu (Post 101955205)
Hmmm sorry sia bro i not even closed to your size hahaha. Anyway i got no stress. What is there to stress about.

Hahaha serious mah!! :s13:

Satki General 15-06-2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fattyboiboi (Post 101940516)
What is TOT equivalent in sg?

Lusso and Kay-Jen for those premium fabrics (H&S, VBC etc). Maybe more expensive than TOT by around 100 bucks.

Else HST and Sze Sze can do a relatively good suit for 1k. For Sze Sze at 1K you probably can use premium fabrics too.