www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

cyrenic 15-06-2016 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satki General (Post 101959429)
Lusso and Kay-Jen for those premium fabrics (H&S, VBC etc). Maybe more expensive than TOT by around 100 bucks.

Else HST and Sze Sze can do a relatively good suit for 1k. For Sze Sze at 1K you probably can use premium fabrics too.

Lusso and Kay-Jen only $900+ for Italian 110s, and $1200+ for H&S?

Satki General 15-06-2016 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrenic (Post 101959675)
Lusso and Kay-Jen only $900+ for Italian 110s, and $1200+ for H&S?

Was quoted around 1.6k for KJ and Lusso for VBCs and TOT pricing is around 1.5k for H&S

cyrenic 15-06-2016 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satki General (Post 101959745)
Was quoted around 1.6k for KJ and Lusso for VBCs and TOT pricing is around 1.5k for H&S

TOT's page says it's 29,000 THB. http://www.tailoronten.com/pages/prices

Isn't that closer to $1.1K SGD+?

When I went a few years back, Italian 110s included VBC.

I got a suit from them because I couldn't really think of a local shop that could meet that kind of price.. If there is really something close, would be great to know, so that I won't have to stew in Bangkok for 1 week again. :D

Satki General 15-06-2016 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrenic (Post 101959782)
TOT's page says it's 29,000 THB. http://www.tailoronten.com/pages/prices

Isn't that closer to $1.1K SGD+?

When I went a few years back, Italian 110s included VBC.

I got a suit from them because I couldn't really think of a local shop that could meet that kind of price.. If there is really something close, would be great to know, so that I won't have to stew in Bangkok for 1 week again. :D

I might be wrong but I thought you might have to add the price for the pants too? Might be better to check it out. I was just casually asking them the pricing of their H&S suits during their last trunk show and they told me it was around 1.5k.

jigibut 15-06-2016 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 101949478)
Agree, jacket looks too long, it's folding over weirdly, baggy in the sleeves also and sleeves are long..

many many changes! did you go for 1 or 2 fittings for all this?

Precisely right? I went for 2 fittings. Saturday and Monday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeSaRiO (Post 101946866)
Yup, can see that. For your suit, the shoulder portion you'll probably need to reduce another 1.5-2 cm.

You still need my help? I'm flying off next week.

I've sent the jacket to Manop via courier. Will need to speak with him regarding the shoulder. When I highlighted it at the shop, he said it was supposed to be like that as the arm portion is supposed to drop right after.

kherro 15-06-2016 06:02 PM

i was looking wool blend (abt 14500thb on TOT site), coz i'm wearing the suit quite often due to work, so i can't use those way too good quality material since it won't last.

I will drop them an email to check with them thu. Any questions you guys interested to find out from them? Or any things i should be checking with them?

CeSaRiO 15-06-2016 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigibut (Post 101960409)
Precisely right? I went for 2 fittings. Saturday and Monday.

I've sent the jacket to Manop via courier. Will need to speak with him regarding the shoulder. When I highlighted it at the shop, he said it was supposed to be like that as the arm portion is supposed to drop right after.

Bro, I think your second fitting isn't essentially that's effective as it was a rush job for both parties. Anyway, Manop was pretty unhappy because he couldn't get your suit right that you wanted given the ultra constraint of time, which was indeed a big test for him as a tailor.

Well, at least one thing you'll know that when your suit is back, it will definitely be more wearable than what you've shown earlier on.

jigibut 15-06-2016 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeSaRiO (Post 101962087)
Bro, I think your second fitting isn't essentially that's effective as it was a rush job for both parties. Anyway, Manop was pretty unhappy because he couldn't get your suit right that you wanted given the ultra constraint of time, which was indeed a big test for him as a tailor.

Well, at least one thing you'll know that when your suit is back, it will definitely be more wearable than what you've shown earlier on.

I certainly hope so. It's an investment for both our ends for sure. I guess that wasn't communicated clearly during the process, because I felt that it was a "can't be helped" situation. It's assuring to know that Manop is really keen on building the relationship and I am trusting him with making the right changes.

Alex.hero 15-06-2016 10:03 PM

Out of curiosity, how u gonna ship the blazer and stuff back to bkk Ah?

Wouldn't it be crumpled or damage anything? Sorry....

jigibut 15-06-2016 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex.hero (Post 101965152)
Out of curiosity, how u gonna ship the blazer and stuff back to bkk Ah?

Wouldn't it be crumpled or damage anything? Sorry....

haha, good question. it was a pain to get a courier (because no post office nearby), and I realized I had to provide my own packaging. So I used a slim shoebox. had to roll up the jacket in the best way I could, then tape it up. the shoebox is quite solid haha.

Alex.hero 15-06-2016 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigibut (Post 101965387)
haha, good question. it was a pain to get a courier (because no post office nearby), and I realized I had to provide my own packaging. So I used a slim shoebox. had to roll up the jacket in the best way I could, then tape it up. the shoebox is quite solid haha.

Wah... That's really really a huge hassle.
Another question that I would like to ask... Ever thought of going to a local tailor to alter? Will it be more cost effective? Considering the risk of item being lost, damaged etc...

That's why I always insist to collect everything instead of having it couriered back to sg.

CeSaRiO 15-06-2016 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigibut (Post 101964296)
I certainly hope so. It's an investment for both our ends for sure. I guess that wasn't communicated clearly during the process, because I felt that it was a "can't be helped" situation. It's assuring to know that Manop is really keen on building the relationship and I am trusting him with making the right changes.

Well, given Manop style, he has pride in his work as compared to other tailors whom I've visited on this. He did share with me that he's going fix your suit no matter what, so I guessed that's something heartening.

But if you ask me, I think maybe you can do Manop some justice by checking a suit when the reworks has been done and maybe post a photo to compare the before and after.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex.hero (Post 101965833)
Wah... That's really really a huge hassle.
Another question that I would like to ask... Ever thought of going to a local tailor to alter? Will it be more cost effective? Considering the risk of item being lost, damaged etc...

That's why I always insist to collect everything instead of having it couriered back to sg.

Most people will wait till their next trip to bkk and fix the suit up. :s13:

turtlezhu 15-06-2016 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeSaRiO (Post 101966105)
Well, given Manop style, he has pride in his work as compared to other tailors whom I've visited on this. He did share with me that he's going fix your suit no matter what, so I guessed that's something heartening.

But if you ask me, I think maybe you can do Manop some justice by checking a suit when the reworks has been done and maybe post a photo to compare the before and after.

You bring over for him la.

jigibut 15-06-2016 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeSaRiO (Post 101966105)

bro...we not rich like u...always go bkk haha. my gf absolutely does not want to go back there for a long time.

regarding the updates, as I said I clearly respect his business and I want to update you guys on the outcome.

as for alterations...i did tell him its not worth sending it back, perhaps i can go to my trusted suit alteration aunty, but he insisted i send it back.

Cyanidee 16-06-2016 12:58 AM

guys, another question. do you pay in cash or can use debit card lol...