www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

d3n 14-09-2009 06:45 PM

Here's mine from pink tailor, quite satisfied. Now going to wash the shirt see if the material gets spoilt or something.

both cost me 2400 baht. 100% cotton. :)

dingdingdangdang 18-09-2009 03:12 AM

tks to all for the inputs.
however just to check, has anyone tried those tailors along new petchburi road? it's near ramada pavilion hotel, eastin hotel, bangkok palace hotel and ecotel that area, cos that area is beeming with tailors too. not sure of the price there compare to those in sukhumvit area.

xXboxXx 18-09-2009 01:14 PM

I am so excited... I will be flying to bangkok tml and will head down to rajas and crown to tailor 2 shirts from each shop... I hope it turns out well.

d3n 18-09-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingdingdangdang (Post 40356537)
tks to all for the inputs.
however just to check, has anyone tried those tailors along new petchburi road? it's near ramada pavilion hotel, eastin hotel, bangkok palace hotel and ecotel that area, cos that area is beeming with tailors too. not sure of the price there compare to those in sukhumvit area.

my advise is to try those tailors that members here have tried... more reliable. :D

xXboxXx 18-09-2009 11:18 PM

I think I may abort mission to rajas... decided to head down to Paul Fashion, Crown and Nickerman.

grantt 19-09-2009 04:01 AM

I think youre right. Try a couple of shirts in each shop and you should know which is the best in terms of fit, convenince in talking, price and of course..quality! Please do put up your recommendations too so we can help future folks!

xXboxXx 19-09-2009 06:35 AM

haha no problem... I hope after my trip I will come back with recommendations of must-try tailors and not please-do-not-try tailors..

XiaoZen 19-09-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXboxXx (Post 40381395)
haha no problem... I hope after my trip I will come back with recommendations of must-try tailors and not please-do-not-try tailors..

thanks in advance!

xXboxXx 22-09-2009 10:38 AM

Guys.. I am back !

I tailored 2 from Crown and 3 from Paul fashion.

Crown Tailor
Crown is located very near Nana station.
Indeed, their service is really quality and the guy serving me is a small sized indian who is very soft spoken. I reached there on sat afternoon around 2pm, and I was surprised to find that I am the only customer in the shop. Ok.. here comes the funny part. When I was browsing the different fabrics available, I asked him whats the best price he can give me if I tailor 2 shirts, he quoted me 1500 thai baht(sgd 63) per shirt.. I continued browsing and he himself drop the price down to 1300 thai baht... I continued with my selection and while I was telling him which fabric I would like to have, he drop the price further down to 1200 thai baht. I chose 2 fabric and after measuring me, I suddenly realised that I forgot to bargain and he was the one who keep dropping the price... But hor.. I am damn inexperienced in bargaining, so I started out small with a 50 thai baht reduction in price..with the final price at 1150 thai baht(sgd48) per shirt. I am pretty sure if I continue to bargain, the price can be further slashed.. but my skill is at newbie level, so I need to practise bargaining more often.. :(

Overall, I would say the fitting is good, but can be better. However, this is not their fault as I did not go for fitting at all. Even on the day of collection, they offered to amend for me to become even slimmer fit and post it to Singapore for me. As I did not want to go through the trouble, I rejected their offer.

Crown Tailor actually record their client's measurement and they do international shipping. I saw that they have multiple boxes of shirts placed at the entrance for shipping. For shipping to Singapore, it takes at least 15 days from the time you confirm the fabric you want to the day it arrives in Singapore. I did ask him how much is the shipping costs, but I forgot its 50 or 500 thai baht :s11:

As I just touched down last night, the shirt are still packed in my baggage. After washing and ironing, I will post pic for all to see. ;)

Next up.. Paul Fashion..

algernonster 22-09-2009 10:41 AM

go james fashion

le_mon 22-09-2009 07:45 PM

is nickerman good?

MennoVanen 22-09-2009 07:49 PM

I have been using Excelsior in Bangkok over the years and 6 shirts are priced at 5000 Bht. The quality is excellent and it does not shrink after dryclean. The suits i get from them starts from 6000 Bht and its wool and silk blend and hence no wrinkle and easy wear. They got higher range too.

dingdingdangdang 22-09-2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MennoVanen (Post 40466922)
I have been using Excelsior in Bangkok over the years and 6 shirts are priced at 5000 Bht. The quality is excellent and it does not shrink after dryclean. The suits i get from them starts from 6000 Bht and its wool and silk blend and hence no wrinkle and easy wear. They got higher range too.

wow~ 6shirts @ 5000baht!!! that's value for $$$.. will try when i'm there:D

sam12334 24-09-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3n (Post 40271500)
Here's mine from pink tailor, quite satisfied. Now going to wash the shirt see if the material gets spoilt or something.

[/center]

both cost me 2400 baht. 100% cotton. :)

bro, did the shirt pass the washing test??

sam12334 24-09-2009 10:50 AM

Rajawongse Clothier - Dress For Success??

my review for this shop...

www.dress-for-success.com

this shop is more for the angmo:mad:

went there in the evening and the owner was talking to this angmo and i have to wait like 10 mins before anyone attend to me. there are 3 others staff in the shop.

ok they charged me 1000B for a shirt and 2000B for a pant. their pant is fine but their shirt is... well if you like yr shirt a bit loose then go to them if you want them to be fitting :s7: better to buy it off the shelve

i have just send them in for laundry so will let all know if they pass the shrink test.