www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

kley83 23-10-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanashii23 (Post 41180993)
the last time i went to Rajawongs, they didn't reallie serve me guess they prefer ang mo customers but i reallie feel their selection was quite small and nothing caught my fancy.

i then try another recommanded shop raja's fashion also near nana, the fit was okie but i feel that the material cant pass the wash test after a few washs , all wringle up.

Going next year feb. and now looking for recommended tailors.

My fren recommanded me 1 tailor at mbk heard quite popular with singaporeans.
650 baht for a shirt.

any bro noe any recommandation for ladies suit in bangkok?

Which tailor @ MBk? Name of the shop? 650bahts not bad... any idea on how the quality and workmanship?

dingdingdangdang 23-10-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by care5bear (Post 41055512)
can share where are they located and also.. do they do ladies?? :D

heading BKK during nov..tinking of doing it too :P

it's savile row fashion at rose hotel which is near patpong. they do ladies too but it' more ex. check out their webby - www.savilerowfashion.biz

or

excelsior fashion which is nearby, webby - www.excelsuits.com

both under same management.

hope the info helps.

cheers

jokerpoker81 23-10-2009 09:26 PM

some PDF ebooks of Vietnam, HK, Taiwan, Japan, and others...including Thailand

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b...c99885da44e881

d3n 23-10-2009 11:29 PM

i had done quite a num of washes for my shirt from Pinky since my early sept trip and its still as good as new! ;)

if any bros here work ard raffles city area, we can meet up i show you the shirt i am wearing lolz but lunch on u :p

Condor 24-10-2009 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aHRoy1985 (Post 41190196)
Hi Condor, thanks a lot for your detailed review on the different tailors. I myself will be going to Bangkok and will want to tailor a few shirts and pants or a full suit.
I was thinking of trying Rajawongse before, but after reading your review, I changed my mind.
Just wondering, among the other tailors that u had gone to, which do you think is the best? I'm abit not sure which to go to. Heard Crown is good, but abit pricey. Thinking of Pinky...
Any advice?

I've only bought from Rajawongse and Pinky this time, and it's my first time. Am I glad that I went Pinky first for a positive tailoring experience (in terms of service).

Pinky has a range of fabrics to cater to a lot of budget. For pants (not suit pants), it's 1500b flat.

For shirts:
1st floor: 1500b/1800b Egyptian cotton, 2000b Italian cotton
2nd floor: 1200b 100% cotton, 1800b high quality cotton
3rd floor: 800b blended, 1200b patterns

My first fitting I pointed out that I wanted the back where the shoulder blades are to be more fitting (there's a little "air-pocket" when I stretch my arms forwards). This was one of the item noted for refinement. When I collected, it became a little tight (could feel the tug) when I cross both arms with the elbows nearly crossing each other.

Not a big issue, they just need to refine the tapering (I wanted a slim cut and more tapered downwards to the waist). Nevertheless, I took the shirts since there's not enough time to alter again. However, he said that I can always bring it back to alter next time anyway. This was offered/told by him automatically with me asking. :)

Comparing against the Rajawongse shirt, I felt that Pinky's is more customised and really tailored according to my body (hence got more little problems due to either "imperfections" standing out or less tolerance for inconformity in tighter fitting). Rajawongse's is more of a "general good fit based on a looser template/measurements". Not to say that Rajawongse's piece is not good. It's pretty decent but just that it gives me the feeling that it's a very fitting rack shirt instead of a tailored compared to Pinky's.

There're also some characteristics differences between the 2 styles and perhaps I might like Rajawongse's more after wearing a few times (who knows?) but... Maybe you get different mileage with them?

I also noticed that the white collar used by Rajawongse is not as white as the one used by Pinky. Not trying to find fault but it was just apparent when I was packing earlier this morning. It's not exactly that Pinky's white collar is that white. I think if I put my G2K Black Label white shirt against it the G2K might be whiter too.

As far as comfort (of material) goes, I can only comment after wearing a few times of each. Then again, my Egyptian cotton Pinky shirt costs 50% more so it's not a fair comparison even if Pinky wins. Not sure also if there're differences to the Egyptian cottons or just a premium for different shops?

As for the testament to wear and tear and against time and washing, I also cannot comment at this time.

I don't know your budget or how many shirts you intend to tailor, but unless you're coming from a apples-apples comparison angle, I suggest that using similar price range as the basis (value-for-money angle), head over to the following tailors and make 1-2 shirts (from each shop) if you spot any fabric that you like:

1. Narin Couture (very positive reviews; came in tops from my research)
2. Crown's (mostly good reviews; perhaps no/little bad comments as well)
3. Moon River (relatively good reviews)
4. Empire (not many reviews but for the few reviews, it's quite decent and my service experience with them put them in my list)
5. Pinky (mostly good reviews but with a small handful of negative comments as well; my personal experience is good on the service side, product side need time to tell)
6. Nickerman (a number of good reviews as well)

I believe unless you're looking for pure solids for all your shirts, you probably won't be able to tailor a shirt from each shop. This is also why I want to spread my selection to maybe 3-4 preferred tailors so that I can have a bigger selection.

Just recalled that I didn't share any comments for the pants. Somehow for me, it's a really simple affair. Not many specifications, not much alterations or expectations really. What I requested to alter is just the "sitting" of the pants i.e. to wear it higher. All I can say is during the measurements and fitting the guy (not Pinky but the other "main staff") provided all the triggers for the inputs. He asked me the feeling if I am sitting down; is it too tight/uncomfortable, etc. He then say if it's ok, he can alter it to fit me better to bring out the shape (of my ass). When I took the pants back to my hotel, I had 1 more fitting to take it further - squatting. It was alright. The crotch wasn't too tight, did not give me the feeling that the pants will split. The thighs at this point has no more slack space. It was all filled up. Very good fit. I believe I will feel quite comfortable in this pair of pants.

Generally speaking, I probably cannot afford to change my physique too much for Pinky's tailoring, perhaps this is due to my asking for a slim fit.

Condor 24-10-2009 02:34 AM

Some reviews about Narin:

"Bangkok – Narin Couture – I can’t say enough about the owner, Peter. He’s a Chinese Thai who overseas all of the cutting in his shop, is Zegna certified, French educated, and has family in the business working in Milan and has connections on Savile Row. Expect to spend at least $500(or $5000 if you fancy), but he is the best I’ve ever seen outside of London. I don’t have his address handy, but Sukhumvit Rd under the sky-train station between Soi 8 and Soi 10."

"About 99% of the tailor shops in Thailand are "measurers," not tailors. The clothes you order are actually sewn in off-premise central sweat shops. But there are a few real tailors in Bangkok. One is Narin Couture on Sukhumvit Road 180, between Soi 8 and Soi 10 (it's closer to Soi 10). The owner, Peter, is Chinese Thai and has European training (worked in Paris before). He is a Zegna-certified tailor and all his stuff is sewn on the premises under his supervision. Becoming a Zegna-certified tailor is very difficult, sort of like winning a gold medal in the Olympics. Farang diplomats and business execs, as well as high-powered Thais, use his services.

The best fabrics in the world come from Italy - Ermenegildo Zegna or Loro Piana - and Peter does suits in both. They aren't cheap, expect to pay a minimum of $700 for a suit from Narin, but it is top quality fabric and tailoring and would cost at least US$2,000 in North America. He requires a minimum (that's minimum) of three fittings (he'll want five for a Zegna suit) and it takes 4-5 days to finish, assuming he has the fabric on hand."

Impressive credentials and I like his ethics setting a high minimum service standards in terms of the fittings. He's also not pushy in the very least when I was in the store. In fact, he didn't do any selling at all. I asked he answered and didn't come as if he wants my business (in a very positive way I'm meaning it). Walk a few stores and you'll know when most others will push for you to buy with package deals, etc. Narin just don't bother to. Perhaps he's got the integrity of a real (proud) tailor that believes that with skills you don't need too much of the mouth.

grantt 24-10-2009 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 41209820)
I've only bought from Rajawongse and Pinky this time, and it's my first time. Am I glad that I went Pinky first for a positive tailoring experience (in terms of service).

Pinky has a range of fabrics to cater to a lot of budget. For pants (not suit pants), it's 1500b flat.

For shirts:
1st floor: 1500b/1800b Egyptian cotton, 2000b Italian cotton
2nd floor: 1200b 100% cotton, 1800b high quality cotton
3rd floor: 800b blended, 1200b patterns

My first fitting I pointed out that I wanted the back where the shoulder blades are to be more fitting (there's a little "air-pocket" when I stretch my arms forwards). This was one of the item noted for refinement. When I collected, it became a little tight (could feel the tug) when I cross both arms with the elbows nearly crossing each other.

Not a big issue, they just need to refine the tapering (I wanted a slim cut and more tapered downwards to the waist). Nevertheless, I took the shirts since there's not enough time to alter again. However, he said that I can always bring it back to alter next time anyway. This was offered/told by him automatically with me asking. :)

Comparing against the Rajawongse shirt, I felt that Pinky's is more customised and really tailored according to my body (hence got more little problems due to either "imperfections" standing out or less tolerance for inconformity in tighter fitting). Rajawongse's is more of a "general good fit based on a looser template/measurements". Not to say that Rajawongse's piece is not good. It's pretty decent but just that it gives me the feeling that it's a very fitting rack shirt instead of a tailored compared to Pinky's.

There're also some characteristics differences between the 2 styles and perhaps I might like Rajawongse's more after wearing a few times (who knows?) but... Maybe you get different mileage with them?

I also noticed that the white collar used by Rajawongse is not as white as the one used by Pinky. Not trying to find fault but it was just apparent when I was packing earlier this morning. It's not exactly that Pinky's white collar is that white. I think if I put my G2K Black Label white shirt against it the G2K might be whiter too.

As far as comfort (of material) goes, I can only comment after wearing a few times of each. Then again, my Egyptian cotton Pinky shirt costs 50% more so it's not a fair comparison even if Pinky wins. Not sure also if there're differences to the Egyptian cottons or just a premium for different shops?

As for the testament to wear and tear and against time and washing, I also cannot comment at this time.

I don't know your budget or how many shirts you intend to tailor, but unless you're coming from a apples-apples comparison angle, I suggest that using similar price range as the basis (value-for-money angle), head over to the following tailors and make 1-2 shirts (from each shop) if you spot any fabric that you like:

1. Narin Couture (very positive reviews; came in tops from my research)
2. Crown's (mostly good reviews; perhaps no/little bad comments as well)
3. Moon River (relatively good reviews)
4. Empire (not many reviews but for the few reviews, it's quite decent and my service experience with them put them in my list)
5. Pinky (mostly good reviews but with a small handful of negative comments as well; my personal experience is good on the service side, product side need time to tell)
6. Nickerman (a number of good reviews as well)

I believe unless you're looking for pure solids for all your shirts, you probably won't be able to tailor a shirt from each shop. This is also why I want to spread my selection to maybe 3-4 preferred tailors so that I can have a bigger selection.

Just recalled that I didn't share any comments for the pants. Somehow for me, it's a really simple affair. Not many specifications, not much alterations or expectations really. What I requested to alter is just the "sitting" of the pants i.e. to wear it higher. All I can say is during the measurements and fitting the guy (not Pinky but the other "main staff") provided all the triggers for the inputs. He asked me the feeling if I am sitting down; is it too tight/uncomfortable, etc. He then say if it's ok, he can alter it to fit me better to bring out the shape (of my ass). When I took the pants back to my hotel, I had 1 more fitting to take it further - squatting. It was alright. The crotch wasn't too tight, did not give me the feeling that the pants will split. The thighs at this point has no more slack space. It was all filled up. Very good fit. I believe I will feel quite comfortable in this pair of pants.

Generally speaking, I probably cannot afford to change my physique too much for Pinky's tailoring, perhaps this is due to my asking for a slim fit.

Coming back to what condor mentioned in regards to recommended tailors:
1. Narin Couture (very positive reviews; came in tops from my research) - sounds excellent, but maybe a little over priced for most of our budgets? Although if you got a fat pocket, you might want to give a shirt a try.
2. Crown's (mostly good reviews; perhaps no/little bad comments as well) - my personal happiest tailoring comes at this place. Won't go anywhere else.
3. Moon River (relatively good reviews) - Was about to give them a try until I looked up tripadvisor and found relatively weird comments about them!
4. Empire (not many reviews but for the few reviews, it's quite decent and my service experience with them put them in my list) - been past the shop a few times..quite cool!..if i wasnt already happy..i'd be willing to test it out.
5. Pinky (mostly good reviews but with a small handful of negative comments as well; my personal experience is good on the service side, product side need time to tell) - again, never tried..but heard mixed comments..some super excellent..others not so good!
6. Nickerman (a number of good reviews as well) - this one i never hear about!

Hope that helps others too!

sue88 24-10-2009 12:45 PM

I always thought tailors in bkk are mostly fabric salesmen. What they do is collect orders and measurements and send to a common pool tailors. Guess I was misinformed.

Condor 24-10-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 41210321)
1. Narin Couture (very positive reviews; came in tops from my research) - sounds excellent, but maybe a little over priced for most of our budgets? Although if you got a fat pocket, you might want to give a shirt a try.
2. Crown's (mostly good reviews; perhaps no/little bad comments as well) - my personal happiest tailoring comes at this place. Won't go anywhere else.
3. Moon River (relatively good reviews) - Was about to give them a try until I looked up tripadvisor and found relatively weird comments about them!
4. Empire (not many reviews but for the few reviews, it's quite decent and my service experience with them put them in my list) - been past the shop a few times..quite cool!..if i wasnt already happy..i'd be willing to test it out.
5. Pinky (mostly good reviews but with a small handful of negative comments as well; my personal experience is good on the service side, product side need time to tell) - again, never tried..but heard mixed comments..some super excellent..others not so good!

Agree on Narin, but I guess everyone should have 1-2 good quality shirts either for the special occasion (wear to others' wedding), interviews, etc. I think it's alright to spend 2000b for a quality shirt for this purpose although very frankly, I've never spent close to this amount before. Perhaps my 1500b shirt is the most expensive piece in my wardrobe now... :p Otherwise, 1100b for a well tailored blend is not too shabby considering that Crown's also offering blended for this price bracket.

Condor 24-10-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue88 (Post 41215559)
I always thought tailors in bkk are mostly fabric salesmen. What they do is collect orders and measurements and send to a common pool tailors. Guess I was misinformed.

You're not wrong to say that. The shopfronts are usually well, shopfronts. A place for the customer service aspect to select fabric and take measurements. The actual tailoring is done by another offsite "factory"/"sweat shop". Heard some say that there're just a few mass production sewing facilities that nearly every tailor shop uses. Some others have their own little "factory".

The difference is perhaps that each tailor shop will have a set of tailors dedicated to them. While I believe that many of the "tailors" in the shopfronts are mere measurers and possibly can't thread a needle, some of the older generation of the established shops are likely to have started from ground up as a tailor and later ventured out.

It may also be that they now have become bosses they no longer do the more tedious sewing but have taken apprentice according to their craft for this. Some I heard continue to do the outlining and cutting. Once the shapes and markings are in place, it's likely that more experienced "sewers" would be able to bring out the product just by connecting the dots.

It's just like any aspiring fashion designer are expected to be able to do some sewing and such during their early days especially when under training. When they progress and move up, they just stop doing that. Do you think Valentino do the entire process himself after the achieved fame? He'd just do the design and make sure that the tailors in his employ deliver to his standard.

grantt 25-10-2009 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 41224997)
You're not wrong to say that. The shopfronts are usually well, shopfronts. A place for the customer service aspect to select fabric and take measurements. The actual tailoring is done by another offsite "factory"/"sweat shop". Heard some say that there're just a few mass production sewing facilities that nearly every tailor shop uses. Some others have their own little "factory".

The difference is perhaps that each tailor shop will have a set of tailors dedicated to them. While I believe that many of the "tailors" in the shopfronts are mere measurers and possibly can't thread a needle, some of the older generation of the established shops are likely to have started from ground up as a tailor and later ventured out.

It may also be that they now have become bosses they no longer do the more tedious sewing but have taken apprentice according to their craft for this. Some I heard continue to do the outlining and cutting. Once the shapes and markings are in place, it's likely that more experienced "sewers" would be able to bring out the product just by connecting the dots.

It's just like any aspiring fashion designer are expected to be able to do some sewing and such during their early days especially when under training. When they progress and move up, they just stop doing that. Do you think Valentino do the entire process himself after the achieved fame? He'd just do the design and make sure that the tailors in his employ deliver to his standard.

True that. At the end of the day..even the big brand names don't sew their own tailoring themselves..and I agree with condor..some of the older generations probably have little factories doing their clothes now with their own standards..so trust them to do their thing! Stick to the recommended stores and you should be fine! Don't just walk into any tout store or you'll just be doing another "random" pick thing and you never know how your clothes may turn out!!

Civician 26-10-2009 11:39 AM

I am going to BKK this Friday with plan to tailor shirts at Pinky and Crown. 1x Italian cotton, 3x Egyptian cotton, 3 x 100% cotton Please advise how cani spread out this between the 2 shops? Does this mean Italian cotton is better then the onefrom Egypt

Condor 27-10-2009 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Civician (Post 41264554)
I am going to BKK this Friday with plan to tailor shirts at Pinky and Crown. 1x Italian cotton, 3x Egyptian cotton, 3 x 100% cotton Please advise how cani spread out this between the 2 shops? Does this mean Italian cotton is better then the onefrom Egypt

Egyptian refers to the type of cotton, with the named as being regarded as the best due to several properties such as having the longest fibers translating to less inter-connection points in the end product resulting in a smoother finish due to the higher percentage of natural cotton softness over the joints. Egyptian cotton is also 15% stronger than other normal cotton and this also means lighter fabric for the same strength.

Italian refers to the finishing i.e. weaving techniques to create the threads and fabric. Italian mills are widely known and accepted for delivering high quality output.

Since the 2 are disconnected, it can only be assumed that the advertised Italian cotton are using Egyptian cotton and not local Thai cotton.

Another thing to note is Egypt do not impose any type of restriction on the usage of the Egyptian branding. A fabric can be sold as Egyptian cotton even if only 10% Egyptian cotton is used, mixed with 90% of lower quality cotton.

I guess even if you ask the shops, either they are none the wiser or like what most salesmen do, tell you it's 100% Egyptian cotton when they do not really know themselves. So I guess unless you're a cotton tradesman or expert, you wouldn't know anyway.

The best measure is perhaps by using your own hand to feel. If you can't feel the difference, then perhaps it makes little difference to get the cheaper one since other than the psychological aspect, you are not able to enjoy the higher quality.

Also, 100% cotton is said not to hold shape well. Blended (mixed with some percentage of polyester) on the other hand, holds the shape better i.e. no folding marks in comparison. While 100% is more comfortable, you may like to take the fashion side effects into consideration as well.

Finally, I suggest going to both to have a look before making a decision. Rather than getting fixed on how to spread, base your decision based on the available fabric that you like. Both should carry similar quality fabrics at similar price ranges. But their fabric selection would differ. Personally I think there's no point "forcing" yourself to make the quantity if nothing catches your eye.

Civician 27-10-2009 07:41 AM

Thanks for much for your effort to put it is layman term. I plan to tailor 7 shirts but you said ihave to really feel and see what ilike before ican tell how many i can make :) I wil try this 2 shops to see what I really like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 41283634)
Egyptian refers to the type of cotton, with the named as being regarded as the best due to several properties such as having the longest fibers translating to less inter-connection points in the end product resulting in a smoother finish due to the higher percentage of natural cotton softness over the joints. Egyptian cotton is also 15% stronger than other normal cotton and this also means lighter fabric for the same strength.

Italian refers to the finishing i.e. weaving techniques to create the threads and fabric. Italian mills are widely known and accepted for delivering high quality output.

Since the 2 are disconnected, it can only be assumed that the advertised Italian cotton are using Egyptian cotton and not local Thai cotton.

Another thing to note is Egypt do not impose any type of restriction on the usage of the Egyptian branding. A fabric can be sold as Egyptian cotton even if only 10% Egyptian cotton is used, mixed with 90% of lower quality cotton.

I guess even if you ask the shops, either they are none the wiser or like what most salesmen do, tell you it's 100% Egyptian cotton when they do not really know themselves. So I guess unless you're a cotton tradesman or expert, you wouldn't know anyway.

The best measure is perhaps by using your own hand to feel. If you can't feel the difference, then perhaps it makes little difference to get the cheaper one since other than the psychological aspect, you are not able to enjoy the higher quality.

Also, 100% cotton is said not to hold shape well. Blended (mixed with some percentage of polyester) on the other hand, holds the shape better i.e. no folding marks in comparison. While 100% is more comfortable, you may like to take the fashion side effects into consideration as well.

Finally, I suggest going to both to have a look before making a decision. Rather than getting fixed on how to spread, base your decision based on the available fabric that you like. Both should carry similar quality fabrics at similar price ranges. But their fabric selection would differ. Personally I think there's no point "forcing" yourself to make the quantity if nothing catches your eye.

care5bear 27-10-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingdingdangdang (Post 41197919)
it's savile row fashion at rose hotel which is near patpong. they do ladies too but it' more ex. check out their webby - www.savilerowfashion.biz

or

excelsior fashion which is nearby, webby - www.excelsuits.com

both under same management.

hope the info helps.

cheers

Thanks dear :D

care5bear 27-10-2009 11:05 AM

hmm..guys, i am just thinkin of trying out tailor make shirt and also to make a special one for a special occassion coming up in dec. but budget limited.

that 1 special shirt i dun mind paying abit more but however, the working shirts that i wanna tailor make, i was hoping to keep it to abt 35SGD per pc. M i dreaming? or is it possible?

I heard abt Crown. wanting to try, but the budget posted here, seems like out of my range...

any good suggestions? Professional looking yet good material at a cheap rate?? :D am i asking too much? :P

mulderang 30-10-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by care5bear (Post 41289063)
hmm..guys, i am just thinkin of trying out tailor make shirt and also to make a special one for a special occassion coming up in dec. but budget limited.

that 1 special shirt i dun mind paying abit more but however, the working shirts that i wanna tailor make, i was hoping to keep it to abt 35SGD per pc. M i dreaming? or is it possible?

I heard abt Crown. wanting to try, but the budget posted here, seems like out of my range...

any good suggestions? Professional looking yet good material at a cheap rate?? :D am i asking too much? :P

actually can try going to this neighborhood area for the talior. must be out of the tourist area. or if u r of average size. can get those taper shirt from shop will fit well also.

grantt 31-10-2009 01:46 AM

Quote:

hahahahha..i'm sure Crown can work it out for you! it's just that you probably won't get the best of the best stuff..which I don't always take anyways also! Sometimes its just better to see what you like and what feels nice to you yourself :look:

dingdingdangdang 31-10-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

what i recommended is well within your budget. 5000baht for 6 shirts.

Civician 03-11-2009 11:17 PM

Just came back from bkk yesterday only went to pinky as fitting alone is time consuming did 6 shirts which consist of 1 Italian cotton, 2 Egyptian cotton and 3 normal cotton damages 10k baht fits me very well and I am happy with e end products only time will tell if the shirts quality after few wash I was serve by the young guy and he is very attentive to my request

pleaselah 04-11-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Civician (Post 41479387)
Just came back from bkk yesterday only went to pinky as fitting alone is time consuming did 6 shirts which consist of 1 Italian cotton, 2 Egyptian cotton and 3 normal cotton damages 10k baht fits me very well and I am happy with e end products only time will tell if the shirts quality after few wash I was serve by the young guy and he is very attentive to my request

what was the individual price for the italian, egypt and normal

ZenithCastle 04-11-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 41210321)

Where is Crown and Empire located then?

superanova 04-11-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 41383062)
hahahahha..i'm sure Crown can work it out for you! it's just that you probably won't get the best of the best stuff..which I don't always take anyways also! Sometimes its just better to see what you like and what feels nice to you yourself :look:

i'm going bangkok next week and intend to visit crown. how's the price like for the different quality of shirts? i'm looking for a guide so i do not overpay. :)

grantt 05-11-2009 06:00 PM

Crown is located inside of Sukhumvit soi 8, like a 10 second walk inside the soi!

I am sure you can get cheap shirts from them too, and they also sell some very expensive shirts. I am very confident you wont' be overpaying for good shirts from them. I have tried to go cheaper at some shops and believe me, those shirts are now in the trash!!

jlala7 07-11-2009 09:38 PM

I am planning to make some shirts in my next visit to BKK next week. Which of these tailors do women shirts well?

Also, if I bring one of my shirts with me, do you think they can do a replica well?

Civician 07-11-2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pleaselah (Post 41482117)
what was the individual price for the italian, egypt and normal

Italian 2500Baht, Egptian 1500Baht Normal 1300 Baht

Iwantmario 08-11-2009 03:17 AM

Hi, I am going next month. Can i have both Pinky and Crown address please? Thanks alot alot!!

Condor 08-11-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlala7 (Post 41571702)
I am planning to make some shirts in my next visit to BKK next week. Which of these tailors do women shirts well?

Also, if I bring one of my shirts with me, do you think they can do a replica well?

I know Pinky does ladies shirts quite decent. I saw 2 SG ladies there when I was there. They were quite happy and they were there for additional orders.

Mng85 09-11-2009 06:01 PM

Any of you actually made suits there?

I see that most of you guys make shirts instead...
Cos i am comparing between Thai n JB... haha JB cos abt 500RM.. not sure abit Thai

grantt 10-11-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwantmario (Post 41579668)
Hi, I am going next month. Can i have both Pinky and Crown address please? Thanks alot alot!!

Crown is in sukhumvit soi 8. Like a 10 second walk inside the soi.

And I've done 2 suits at Crown before. I don't wear alot of suits so these suits have lasted me for a very long time!

Mng85 10-11-2009 11:09 AM

how much do the suits cost?

Any material or stuff like that to choose from? need fitting for suit?

Mng85 10-11-2009 01:49 PM

hm... based on 4000thb its similar to making one in JB...

punkster 11-11-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mng85 (Post 41616954)
Any of you actually made suits there?

I see that most of you guys make shirts instead...
Cos i am comparing between Thai n JB... haha JB cos abt 500RM.. not sure abit Thai

cos Singaporeans hardly ever wear suits :s13:

punkster 11-11-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 41633674)
Crown is in sukhumvit soi 8. Like a 10 second walk inside the soi.

And I've done 2 suits at Crown before. I don't wear alot of suits so these suits have lasted me for a very long time!

just came back from crown, really happy with their workmanship and service. better than many others I've tried in bkk

superanova 14-11-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkster (Post 41659376)
just came back from crown, really happy with their workmanship and service. better than many others I've tried in bkk

i'm just back from bkk today. had 5 shirt done in crown for 5,500 baht. tailored 3 business and 2 party shirts. quality is good.

gregwillys 11-12-2009 12:58 AM

greywillys

I have bought several suits in Bangkok. My tailor runs 200-225 USD for a suit with 2 pairs of pants. I am very happy with the suits, and have wear one of my Bangkok suits every day. In Bangkok you must shop carefully, but you can get top quality clothes. You might find a cheaper tailor in Bangkok, but I will continue to use Pro Tailor, Inside somerset lake point hotel, the shop does good work.

Keith1987 14-12-2009 07:01 PM

hey guys.. i'll be going bkk this thursday 17th arriving at 4.25pm(bkk time) and leaving on monday morning.. staying near central world shopping centre.. will there be enough time for the tailoring to be done? i need some advices please and any recommendations? i've read and seen many people go to crown and are satisfied with the results..

thanks in advance!

usermanual 14-12-2009 09:55 PM

Any tailor at khaosan to recommend :s11:

grantt 15-12-2009 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith1987 (Post 42459724)
hey guys.. i'll be going bkk this thursday 17th arriving at 4.25pm(bkk time) and leaving on monday morning.. staying near central world shopping centre.. will there be enough time for the tailoring to be done? i need some advices please and any recommendations? i've read and seen many people go to crown and are satisfied with the results..

thanks in advance!

4 days is plenty of time to do tailoring and Crown is probably the best place to get it done.

By the way, if you're there for 4 days, you can easily go on the one day tours and stuff too..u'll have a great time! and of course, leave one day just for shopping at jatuchak :)

singaporebulldogcyclists 17-12-2009 10:09 AM

pinky

my pinky tailor shirt still doing very well.never shrink or anything like that =)

johnharding 21-12-2009 04:48 PM

Excelsior Tailor

I have been to Excelsior in Bangkok few months back and have been very happy. The shirts are still good after multiple washing.
They also deliver the clothes to the hotel. They are located opposite the Le Meredien Hotel at suriwongse road near Patpong night market.

Kensuke11 23-12-2009 01:03 AM

tailored 2 shirts for 1600baht at Chinese Tailor.. can call them to pick u up frm e hotel n aft dat they will send u to where u wana go nxt.. went dere on sat aftn n got e shirts delivered to my hotel on monday aftn..

KongLanJiaoWei 23-12-2009 02:24 PM

anybody tried narin couture?

Kraitz 15-01-2010 02:58 PM

hi all.. i'm also looking for tailors in BKK.. my friend does his shirts at amari watergate. anyone tried that before?

crown tailor is where at? i'll be staying at pratunanam is it far?

darknezz 16-01-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraitz (Post 43272441)
crown tailor is where at? i'll be staying at pratunanam is it far?

if you can walk from Pratunam to Chit Lom BTS, then its only 2 stops away at Nana...

Crown tailor is at Sukumvit Soi 8

darknezz 16-01-2010 11:44 AM

after reading all the postings on this forum, I tried Pinky and Crown tailors while I was in BKK and came backrecently. Basically, the service standard, quality of shirts/ pants etc were as what other members had described in earlier posts.

However I am not sure if the business for these 2 tailors were already highly boosted by good reviews, somehow I find their prices slightly higher than my previous tailor. I had done two pairs of Cashmere Micro?sumthin? pants at 800THB in 2006. The prices for pants at both Pinky and Crown starts at 1500++ (b4 bargining)

Feeling in doubt, I went back to my previous tailor (Armani) and made 2 pair of pants at 1000THB and 800THB respectively. The 1000THB one was the Cashmere ??? fabric. The shop also offered shirts fabrics starting from 800THB (compared to Pinky and Crown which starts from 1000THB)

Overall, my lesson learnt is next time I will visit Armani Tailor 1st before visiting others. The fabric selection is limited but at least they start at a lower price and some of the fabric looks similiar to those at Pinky/ Crown. Best of all, it is just across the road from Crown.

I made 3 shirts each from Pinky and Crown and 2 pants from Armani. I am statisfied with all of them. :)

MD's Armani Fashion (BTS E3 Nana)
Sukhumvit Soi 7 shop no 5 in Arcade
(behind Versace which is along the main road, turn right into the Arcade when you see a purple $$ changer)

Crown Tailor (BTS E3 Nana)
Sukhumvit Soi 8, shop no 13
On the left side of Soi 8, should not miss it

Pinky (BTS E2 Phloen Chit)
Follow instructions on Pinky's Website

Happy shopping everyone :s13:

sneggg 17-01-2010 02:28 PM

so is pinky better or crown ? they both do delivery ? can have exact address ? so ic an just show to the cab driver

triBALism85 17-01-2010 02:38 PM

Will be heading to BKK this coming thur to following monday! From the reviews, i think that only Crown and Pinky are worth the visit?

darknezz, is armani tailor good? Dont mind giving them a try since its much cheaper. But compare to crown and pinky, do you think the quality is the same?

darknezz 17-01-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneggg (Post 43321286)
so is pinky better or crown ?

I feel that they are the same

Quote:

they both do delivery ?

Pinky delivered to my hotel and I believe Crown would as well

Quote:

can have exact address ? so ic an just show to the cab driver

Try searching the net

darknezz 17-01-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triBALism85 (Post 43321511)
is armani tailor good? Dont mind giving them a try since its much cheaper. But compare to crown and pinky, do you think the quality is the same?

Its difficult to compare since there are different fabrics for different price ranges and I cant tell the dif between 800THB and 1200THB fabrics.

I did a jacket, shirt, pants at Armani back in 2006. I have been wearing the shirt at least twice a month between 2008 to 2009. I have put on weight since 2006, therefore I no longer wear that pants. All the clothes are still in good condition.

overall, i would say Armani is worth a visit simply because it starts at a lower price range. For pants, its almost half the price compared to Pinky/ Crown.

As for workmanship, I feel that they are the same. I believe all 3 of them are just shop fronts and they outsource the sewing to someone. Also workmanship, you can give them comments when you are doing the first fitting.