www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

fugiwara 11-01-2013 08:27 PM

visited crown, i have to say the after service there is very good. i was served by man ( not sure whether i got the name correctly) i made a suit and 3 shirts, total damage 11900. The shirts fitting was made to exactly what i want. They gave very constructive advice. Will definitely patronize crown when i go bkk again!!!

Bishio 11-01-2013 10:10 PM

crown gonna renovate and become 3 story but not sure when. just rec email from them.

tekster 12-01-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XiaoZen (Post 72587557)
totally agreed with you.. these are what i called "run out of the mill" tailor. so the initial workmanship is all the same. i will rate "eagerness to service" a very important factor.

i went boss avenue the last time. Eager to service is there as they are not extremely busy. Open till late and Sunday, which is important in case u need to go for fitting at night.

well, maybe cause i went boss-avenue twice already. so dave was pretty eager to serve me.

he's also pretty good and gives rather good suggestions to get my clothes done.

i didn't visit crown in bkk. i ordered once when they came to sg. i must say the measurements taken are pretty close. when i received my shirts, it's in wearable condition but i think i need them altered. but good enough.

anyway, price vs price, boss-avenue is good enough for me.

anyone of you got egyption cotten? i heard on radio that it's more suitable for our climate.

tekster 12-01-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zhizhong07 (Post 72613949)
Hi all,

I am leaving for BKK next week and will like to know if you have any good recommendation for tailor made shirt shop. My hotel is P2 boutique.

Thanks

why not try the tailor outside p2 boutique? think it's 700baht.

i stayed there once, don't really like the location cause i gotta walk like 15mins to the BTS. room is nice though, pretty big.

mfbatzap 12-01-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugiwara (Post 73104553)
visited crown, i have to say the after service there is very good. i was served by man ( not sure whether i got the name correctly) i made a suit and 3 shirts, total damage 11900. The shirts fitting was made to exactly what i want. They gave very constructive advice. Will definitely patronize crown when i go bkk again!!!

how much was a shirt?

Bishio 12-01-2013 02:21 PM

btw I think take note that for Egyptian cotton the clothes will get wrinkled easily.
and yes its more exp.

mfbatzap 12-01-2013 04:29 PM

yeah in general 100% cotton shirts are more susceptible to wrinkles & more diff to iron. :(

fugiwara 13-01-2013 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfbatzap (Post 73122453)
how much was a shirt?

i chose the 1200 range

mfbatzap 14-01-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugiwara (Post 73139417)
i chose the 1200 range

thanks dude.

carleon8 18-01-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squared_circle (Post 72636909)
full payment in SGD, there's an option if you want self collect in thailand assuming you're gg over there soon. If you went before i guess they got your measurements.

I went first time though and those that i tailored all matched each other in terms of sizing (i.e. no small me and no large me, or one sizing but different measurement for different shirt)

Got to email for a timing first though and it's around town area in an apartment suite so quite comfy. Books for you to choose your materials from.

How much do they charge for the shirts in SGD when they are in SG? is there shipping charges?

S1rius 19-01-2013 06:37 PM

Hello everyone!
Need some advice as its my 1st time doing a tailored suit :) I intend to do 2 sets of suit & 4pcs of shirt. Hence, what is e pricing like? Schedule of delivery?
I be staying at park plaza Bangkok soi 4d3n, so dunno whether can I collect dem b4 I cum b sg.
Lastly, any recommendation is highly welcomed!!tia.

rizal5150 19-01-2013 08:32 PM

recently visited boss ave again wif my fren. did one shirt one pants while my fren did 4 shirts.
his shirts were 1200bt each so total should be 4800bt but he managed to bargain to 4600bt.. lol.

next day went to do fitting. tried on my shirt and pants and they were perfect.
but they couldn't find my fren's orders. the an nehs said they could have been delivered to somewhere else so he couldn't do the fitting at that moment.
this kinda screwed up our plans for the night. :s8:

end product was good. will visit again next time in bkk. :)

Alex.hero 19-01-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rizal5150 (Post 73318485)
recently visited boss ave again wif my fren. did one shirt one pants while my fren did 4 shirts.
his shirts were 1200bt each so total should be 4800bt but he managed to bargain to 4600bt.. lol.

next day went to do fitting. tried on my shirt and pants and they were perfect.
but they couldn't find my fren's orders. the an nehs said they could have been delivered to somewhere else so he couldn't do the fitting at that moment.
this kinda screwed up our plans for the night. :s8:

end product was good. will visit again next time in bkk. :)

Lol Nabeh... Tell whole edmw I bargainer...

I limited budget and jobless somemore of cos must bargain la bro

wwwsquallcom 21-01-2013 11:42 PM

Any have crown email or phone? Going tomorrow to Friday. Will it be too late to make appointment? Only available in the evening as I am on work.

rizal5150 22-01-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwwsquallcom (Post 73378847)
Any have crown email or phone? Going tomorrow to Friday. Will it be too late to make appointment? Only available in the evening as I am on work.

Crown Tailors & Suitmakers - Sukhumvit Soi 8, Bangkok 10110, Thailand.

ning87 22-01-2013 05:54 PM

im sorry to sound ignorant.. but i really want to know..

whats the difference between tailor made shirts in thailand (boss/crown/ pinky) and those neighbourhood ones?

is it the material is different? or the skills? really really would like to know from all the lao jiao who tailors.. thanks!!

LooK_00 25-01-2013 12:25 AM

Hi people..


CROWN must make appointment? Or can just walk in anytime?

~WindzStriker~ 25-01-2013 04:38 AM

Time to make new shirt.

Been to BKK multiple times, but this time first time tailor shirt, before I read ALL pages in this thread tomorrow, seems like CROWN is popular ? usually how long they need to make one shirt ?

Appreciate all replies, while I slowly read tomorrow ;)

Didjerama 25-01-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ning87 (Post 73396986)
im sorry to sound ignorant.. but i really want to know..

whats the difference between tailor made shirts in thailand (boss/crown/ pinky) and those neighbourhood ones?

is it the material is different? or the skills? really really would like to know from all the lao jiao who tailors.. thanks!!

The cloth range is better and there is choices.customisation is better e.g cufflink style,collar style,button style,etc

Pengjialat 25-01-2013 01:55 PM

just tailored quite 5 shirts from amari 2nd floor. can go try. not too bad

S1rius 01-02-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pengjialat (Post 73474781)
just tailored quite 5 shirts from amari 2nd floor. can go try. not too bad

which shop may i know?

Seifer28 02-02-2013 07:21 PM

amari 2nd floor.... the famous 1 is Paul Fashion right?????

S1rius 05-02-2013 05:05 PM

Just got my suits & shirts ytd from boss avenue, quite satisfied with them :) I was served by the boss, Dave & thereafter his staff, vijay. Both are very professional, gave me suggestions on what to do, what color to match for contrast, which material types there are & also on the pricing. Took 4 shirts at 900 bath ea & 1 blazer at 3300 baht.

StyleFusi0n 06-02-2013 02:03 AM

Which part of Bangkok? What is the mkt rate? How cheap?

grantt 07-02-2013 05:48 PM

Back on the forum after visiting Crown Tailor again last week. Man - this place has got crowded!! Seriously alot of people in this store, its quite crazy. Heard from Mana that they renovating to three floors though - so that's quite cool! Had a 2 piece suit done this time in 4 days. 2 Fittings and finish. Overall, after all the years, still very happy with the trio of treatment from Crown (met with Sam, Mana & Lop this time).

P.S. - the massage that mana told me to visit after my pick up quite awesome in soi 8, can't remember the name exactly, but it had a small waterfall in front of it and literally 5 seconds from crown! fffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaabulous! bro's must try!

yourplaceormine 12-02-2013 04:44 PM

first timer
 
hello all,
i'll be going to bkk soon, and from this thread i've noticed that crown is highly recommended. i'll be tailoring my first suit, so i'm not too sure how the tailors in crown are, pardon me if i sound ignorant, but do you guy know whether the tailors are able to customize a slim/skinny fit suit for me, much like the ones in zara/topman? (i can't fit well into off the peg jackets)
Also, any old birds here can offer me some advice on the fabric? would a 110 be advisable?

thank you

rizal5150 13-02-2013 11:39 AM

you can always bring ur topman/zara pants for them to copy. :)

yourplaceormine 13-02-2013 10:21 PM

unfortunately i do not have a suit at the moment, i plan on making my first one in bangkok. if i show them a picture of my preferred style, would they be able to model my suit after it?

xtwis7 13-02-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourplaceormine (Post 73957205)
unfortunately i do not have a suit at the moment, i plan on making my first one in bangkok. if i show them a picture of my preferred style, would they be able to model my suit after it?

Any form of reference materials would be better than just plain words being communicated. Plus you will need to go through a few fittings so don't be afraid to speak up during fittings if it's not something that you think needs changing. Many people are 'sort of afraid' to tell the tailor what needs to be changed and most of the time just accept whatever has been tailored.

yourplaceormine 14-02-2013 12:36 AM

thanks for your input! i have narrowed down my options to either boss or crown to tailor my suit. according to the emails which i have sent them, boss is able to tailor a super 110 for 4500baht and a super 120 for an additional 500 baht, whereas crown's suits start at 5500 baht for a microfiber suit and increases to 8000 baht for a 50% wool suit. may i ask what the difference is between these types of fabrics? and why does the price differ so greatly? (a super 110 is better than a microfiber suit isn't it?)

grantt 15-02-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourplaceormine (Post 73961697)
thanks for your input! i have narrowed down my options to either boss or crown to tailor my suit. according to the emails which i have sent them, boss is able to tailor a super 110 for 4500baht and a super 120 for an additional 500 baht, whereas crown's suits start at 5500 baht for a microfiber suit and increases to 8000 baht for a 50% wool suit. may i ask what the difference is between these types of fabrics? and why does the price differ so greatly? (a super 110 is better than a microfiber suit isn't it?)

There is no super suit in the world that can be sold for 4500 baht or 5500 baht. Super S' are very expensive woolen fabrics. have a quick read on the internet and you'll know what i'm talking about. i can promise you any suit you buy in bangkok for that less than 4500 is completely polyester (which isn't always a bad thing if on budget)!

joanie_dan 24-02-2013 03:59 AM

just a recount on the extremely bad experience with Pearl Collections at Baiyoke Sky hotel lobby.

They are purely interested to earn your money without even bothering that the clothes fit u.

First visit was a year ago. Made 5 shirts, shirts came out decent, fit was ok.

Second visit half a year ago. 5 shirts turn out all different size, had went for one sizing fit, but during collection, realized these errors and ask them to change it. As I was flying off e next day early morning, they asked me to make payment, they will alter and send it to my hotel e next morning. Mistake. Nothing was done.

Third trip this year jan, with a 6D5N schedule, i asked for my clothes to be altered on day1, made new shirts too on promise that e previous batch will be altered. went for subsequent fitting on day 3, and yet on collection day, everything turned out wrong again! When I screwed the person upside down, he said alterations cannot be made because it is cost to him. The clothes were made 6mths ago, under another salesperson, in the same shop, but not around anymore. What kind of rubbish is this.

In e end he had to ask e owner of e shop to come and talk to me. The boss Harry was initially arrogant, he told me I could take back my refund of the deposit made for e new shirts. Alternatively he will make the alterations for e 10 shirts and ship from bkk to Sg. Opted for e latter, since e boss made a promise. true enough I got the shirts in Sg. Guess what, one of the shirts sleeves had a different floral in print for e left and right arm. imagine how will I look when I walk on e streets. Emailed him with a pic and he didn't reply since. Lots of errors to list for e rest of e shirts too.

One piece of advise, avoid at all costs.

Stick to the forum recommendations.

Dada knl 24-02-2013 02:28 PM

The massage shop name is BAAN DALAH




Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 73810156)
Back on the forum after visiting Crown Tailor again last week. Man - this place has got crowded!! Seriously alot of people in this store, its quite crazy. Heard from Mana that they renovating to three floors though - so that's quite cool! Had a 2 piece suit done this time in 4 days. 2 Fittings and finish. Overall, after all the years, still very happy with the trio of treatment from Crown (met with Sam, Mana & Lop this time).

P.S. - the massage that mana told me to visit after my pick up quite awesome in soi 8, can't remember the name exactly, but it had a small waterfall in front of it and literally 5 seconds from crown! fffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaabulous! bro's must try!


IceX 25-02-2013 08:51 PM

Hi guys,

I will be popping to BKK for a 3d2n trip in early march..any idea if I wanna tailor a blazer for $200SGD max, with my budget and timeframe, is it possible?

Any tailors to recommend?

I've tried tailoring shirts at BOSS before..okok lah I find.

Balian 27-02-2013 12:54 AM

depending on where you stay.

paul's fashion is close to that price.

fatmadsillycat 28-02-2013 03:54 PM

Hello

Will be going to BKK for 4D3N - and will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express (889 Rama 1 Road | Wang Mai, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10400, Thailand)

Am hopeless at reading maps.

Any recommendation for a tailor near this place?

Do they tailor cheongsams?

thanks!

-ss

ahjunlah 28-02-2013 06:54 PM

Hi guys,

I will be going BKK on the 11-14 for the songkran..

Just curious if the tailor shop will be open during the festival?

And i will be staying at the Newly Opened "The Heritage Hotels Sathorn".. is it near the famous crown tailor?

Wanna tailor maybe a blazor, how much does it cost?

Thanks!

timelf 03-03-2013 10:38 PM

i went to crown tailor last time. not bad.

sometimes they have trips to singapore to take orders too.

PsyClick 07-03-2013 10:58 PM

what is the difference between shirts from Zara and maybe massimo dutti? Regarding the 1000baht shirts? apart from being "tailor fit"

Is it really worth it to get from there? including pants and suit.

THanks

gu0gu0 08-03-2013 10:45 AM

Hi,

can check with u guys for those who had tailored their shirt at TOT, there is a minimum to make 3 shirt if you're not doing a suit? Cause I wanna try 1-2 shirt first, but they replied my email stating minimum 3 shirts.

dinosaur2776 08-03-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gu0gu0 (Post 74540099)
Hi,

can check with u guys for those who had tailored their shirt at TOT, there is a minimum to make 3 shirt if you're not doing a suit? Cause I wanna try 1-2 shirt first, but they replied my email stating minimum 3 shirts.


if the shop say 3 shirt means 3 shirts lah u want us to do what?

xtwis7 11-03-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gu0gu0 (Post 74540099)
Hi,

can check with u guys for those who had tailored their shirt at TOT, there is a minimum to make 3 shirt if you're not doing a suit? Cause I wanna try 1-2 shirt first, but they replied my email stating minimum 3 shirts.

They seem to be changing their business rules for the worse in a short time. When I went I did 4 so I can't advise you. But don't see a reason for them to lie to you so just take it as minimum is 3 now.

gu0gu0 12-03-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 74622375)
They seem to be changing their business rules for the worse in a short time. When I went I did 4 so I can't advise you. But don't see a reason for them to lie to you so just take it as minimum is 3 now.

Cause I thought I saw in the earlier thread that some of them did 2 shirt each from TOT & Crown. So i thought can ask my hubby to try 2 shirt from TOT first to see their quality as we had done at Crown before.

Thanks aniway.

RiRi85 18-03-2013 09:30 PM

After reading through the thread, I decided on Crown or ToT

But most likely I'll be visiting Crown...

Hmmm Just a question though

I'm looking for working shirts and pants, my estimate is around 4 shirts and 2 pants.

Cooling material so preferably 100% cotton as i perspire easily.

Any idea on what the damage would be like?
I plan to get contrast (I think this is what its called) ...

For say $300 SGD would this be possible?

tenz1204 22-03-2013 01:18 AM

I went to tailor in ten today and Realised they do not sell blended shirts at 1000 baht anymore.

Joepele73 25-03-2013 02:06 PM

I was @ Pinky Tailor there last weekend and made 3 pants and 6 shirts.

First, the summary.
Went there on Thur and collected on Sat evening. 4 visits of which 3 were for fitting.

Pants.
Problems. Front made me looked like I had a tent in front and the pockets were not straight.

Shirts.
Out of the 6 shirts, only 1 fitted nicely... it was also the first shirt they used for the first fitting. They claimed that they had used the first one to make the rest but the rest were all sloppily made.

Problems with the rest of the shirts.
The double layers at the shoulders were "wavy". The back was too tight. collar for 2 of the shirts were too tight. The front where the pocket is is not straight. etc etc.

The owner even had the cheek to ask me for payment even though the shirts were not ready. I understand that they were not open on Sundays but I asked them, what assurance do I have that the shirts will be good and ready then? They asked me to trust them.

Well, that was not the case when they sent it to my hotel.

When I called, the tailor asked me... "so what do you want me to do?"

Fine, if that's the kind of service they provide... no point asking further.

Money and time wasted.

Pushy staff as well... keep asking you to make more.

I spent an average of 2 hours there.... including traveling each time I went there from my hotel.
I went there a total of 4 times... a total of 8 hours that could be used for shopping. Spent about 500+ SGD of which most are not "wearable".

IMHO, don't waste your time and money there.

tenz1204 26-03-2013 12:44 AM

Hi Joepele73,

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Pinky.

May I ask how much did they charge you per pants and per shirt?

For me, I played very safe. I pick a hotel very near to the tailor (within walking distance), so it is always either go when the shop is opened or when I am going on my way back to hotel. The fitting can get quite frustrating when it is more than twice.

For my case, I will do 1 pants and 1 shirt for a start, if the fitting is good, then I make more.

I paid 2000 for 1 pair of low end pants and another 1 at 2500 (Mid range material)
Shirt I paid 1500 baht. I see the 3000 baht shirt (double-ply) but don't have the heart to buy.

is this price tio tok?

I used to make at TOT, at 1700 and 2200 for Shirt but I find their fitting so-so nia. :/

TemperX 27-03-2013 09:56 AM

Great list of recommendations plus some mixed reviews here and there.
Seems like the popular ones are getting commercialized as compared to previous years.
Anyone has any pleasant experience working with tailors near BTS Saphan Taksin? Looking for affordable and decent workmanship. Thanks!

lweegp 29-03-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joepele73 (Post 74971970)
I was @ Pinky Tailor there last weekend and made 3 pants and 6 shirts.

First, the summary.
Went there on Thur and collected on Sat evening. 4 visits of which 3 were for fitting.

Pants.
Problems. Front made me looked like I had a tent in front and the pockets were not straight.

Shirts.
Out of the 6 shirts, only 1 fitted nicely... it was also the first shirt they used for the first fitting. They claimed that they had used the first one to make the rest but the rest were all sloppily made.

Problems with the rest of the shirts.
The double layers at the shoulders were "wavy". The back was too tight. collar for 2 of the shirts were too tight. The front where the pocket is is not straight. etc etc.

The owner even had the cheek to ask me for payment even though the shirts were not ready. I understand that they were not open on Sundays but I asked them, what assurance do I have that the shirts will be good and ready then? They asked me to trust them.

Well, that was not the case when they sent it to my hotel.

When I called, the tailor asked me... "so what do you want me to do?"

Fine, if that's the kind of service they provide... no point asking further.

Money and time wasted.

Pushy staff as well... keep asking you to make more.

I spent an average of 2 hours there.... including traveling each time I went there from my hotel.
I went there a total of 4 times... a total of 8 hours that could be used for shopping. Spent about 500+ SGD of which most are not "wearable".

IMHO, don't waste your time and money there.

bro sorry to learn abt your bad experience. I've been making shirt n pants at pinky for e past 3 years n so far they have not fail to meet my expectations. perhaps u shd look for e one who always serve me and his name is phim if I'm not wrong. a short thai w a round face. he's not pushy n quite accommodating too.

hammadsaleem86 29-03-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joepele73 (Post 74971970)
I was @ Pinky Tailor there last weekend and made 3 pants and 6 shirts.

First, the summary.
Went there on Thur and collected on Sat evening. 4 visits of which 3 were for fitting.

Pants.
Problems. Front made me looked like I had a tent in front and the pockets were not straight.

Shirts.
Out of the 6 shirts, only 1 fitted nicely... it was also the first shirt they used for the first fitting. They claimed that they had used the first one to make the rest but the rest were all sloppily made.

Problems with the rest of the shirts.
The double layers at the shoulders were "wavy". The back was too tight. collar for 2 of the shirts were too tight. The front where the pocket is is not straight. etc etc.

The owner even had the cheek to ask me for payment even though the shirts were not ready. I understand that they were not open on Sundays but I asked them, what assurance do I have that the shirts will be good and ready then? They asked me to trust them.

Well, that was not the case when they sent it to my hotel.

When I called, the tailor asked me... "so what do you want me to do?"

Fine, if that's the kind of service they provide... no point asking further.

Money and time wasted.

Pushy staff as well... keep asking you to make more.

I spent an average of 2 hours there.... including traveling each time I went there from my hotel.
I went there a total of 4 times... a total of 8 hours that could be used for shopping. Spent about 500+ SGD of which most are not "wearable".

IMHO, don't waste your time and money there.

I was in Bangkok last month and had setup an appointment via email with Crown Tailor and I got a response via email within 24 hours. I went to their shop when I reached and the staff were very friendly. I ordered 2 pants, 1 suit and 2 shirts; I had a tight schedule and was only in Bangkok for 4 days before heading home. During that time, I was called twice for alterations and had things sent to my hotel

The pants were perfect; I haven’t seen a better fitting than this and that too, with no changes right away. The length was spot on; and it was very slim fitting

Both my shirts fitted nicely. The fabric quality was outstanding. I have a 15” collar size and they made the shirts accordingly. They weren’t baggy (like many other tailors before that I used) so everything was perfect with the shirts as well. I had fancy buttons in one of the shirts which was done by them with ease and Lop was great at suggesting ideas

The black suit was of the perfect quality. I chose the 80% wool blend – which was a good choice for me, not too hot for Singapore weather with the polyester. There were some fitting adjustments at the fitting to make it more slim (since I like very slim fit) and that too was done as I wanted.

The day after – I got everything delivered to my hotel – top notch in the quality and also top notch customer services. I will definitely recommend Crown Tailor here and to all my friends. Kudos to the guys who helped me (Lop, Raj & Kish).


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.