www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

ABuNeNe 04-08-2017 10:20 AM

heading to bangkok next week and will be staying at Pratunam area.

any comments of The Suit Co. located at Platinum Fashion Mall?

what material is recommended to tailor office shirts and pants?

Bishio 05-08-2017 08:04 PM

2 ply cotton shirts, touch the fabric well to decide as some fabric is thicker even if it is 2 ply cotton.

2 ply cotton so that cannot easily see ur nipple as material is not so thin compare to 1 ply.. but cotton gets wrinkled easily

for pants, 100% wool is good or choose wool blend 70%....

depends on ur budget finally.....

mikepang 06-08-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienK (Post 109542513)
Shirt

Superfine cotton blend: 1,300 baht
Superior cotton: 1,500 baht
Premium cotton: 1,800 baht
Luxury cotton: 2,500 baht
Linen: 2,500 baht

Suit

Superfine blend: 9,500 (Breakdown Jacket 7,500, pants 1,500 - 2,000, vest is additional 2,200)
Superfine blend wool rich : 13,500 (Breakdown Jacket 10,500, pants 3,000, vest is additional 3,500)
Linen: 10,000 (Breakdown Jacket 7,500, pants 2,500, vest is additional 3,000)
Cotton: 7,750 (Breakdown Jacket 6,000, chino pants 1,750, vets is additional 2,500)
Pure wool: 16,500 (Breakdown Jacket 12.000, pants 4,500, vest is additional 5,000)
Italian and English wool and linen: prices start from 18,500 baht

Pants

see from Suit

You are welcome ;)

Going there next week for some shirt. Will try to do a review here cause first time trying J&S

Was thinking to try them as well but seems like gonna stick with Jhasper Fashion or Crown Tailor as prices are on the higher side esp for suits

thisismymuglife 06-08-2017 08:48 PM

Have any ladies tailored suit from Bkk before? Please share as I am looking to tailor some suit from Bkk this sept

fyeebiyd 08-08-2017 12:24 PM

Just did a trial sample of 3 shirts, 2 pants with Jesse & Son or known as J&S here.

The experience:
I made an appointment prior but waited for a short while as the shop had a few customers (2 to 3).

Some customers literally just chill there. I have no idea why they do that, maybe for free drinks. Anyway, my measurements were taken by an old man. So I assume it is the senior guy there since the younger tailor is attending to a customer for 2nd or 3rd fitting. It was a relatively fast process.

Then come to choosing fabrics. I took a while and kind of regretted that I should have asked more questions about the fabric but the senior guy is not very friendly. So things were kind of in a rush. No explanation of the fabric type and just indicate the price range for the "group" of fabrics.

However, he did made some good recommendations for pants fabrics and pattern. I knew what I wanted so I am looking specifically for a few types of patterns. After fabric is chosen, we moved on to choosing the style. Again, this is quite a fast process and not really something we spent time on "pondering" about options. I do know what I want for pants but shirts were new to me and in a blink of an eye, i paid the deposit for a total sum of Baht$7300 for 3 shirts and 2 pants.

2nd fitting was about 2 days later and this time the younger tailer attended to me. The experience was better and it was more detailed. I took most of his recommendations and he did made me do a few actions to ensure the fit is thoroughly well. One thing to note, the younger tailor is very meticulous. He noticed I wore a big watch. He purposely make the cuff bigger so that I can continue to wear big watches and look good with the shirt.

On the 3rd visit, all the pieces were delivered and all of them tried on, reviewed by the younger tailor. There were some small issues with the pants on the inner pockets size and it was addressed to on the spot but will take another day for it to be fixed. So the pants were delivered later.

Now I am starting to wear the stuff made and discovered I really make a huge mistake on my first visit for not asking more questions. I suspected one of the shirts I made is a full cotton shirt. After first wash, the shirt creased like no tomorrow! It was damn comfortable but OMG man, ironing it is a complete nightmare!

However, it can be resolved by getting starch to iron the shirt. Luckily, it is a patterned shirt, so it is not so bad.

Apart from this, the pants were great. I am a bui bui btw and I am surprised by how their "slim cut" actually does looks good on a bui bui.

deathscthe 08-08-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyeebiyd (Post 109639816)
Just did a trial sample of 3 shirts, 2 pants with Jesse & Son or known as J&S here.

The experience:
I made an appointment prior but waited for a short while as the shop had a few customers (2 to 3).

Some customers literally just chill there. I have no idea why they do that, maybe for free drinks. Anyway, my measurements were taken by an old man. So I assume it is the senior guy there since the younger tailor is attending to a customer for 2nd or 3rd fitting. It was a relatively fast process.

Then come to choosing fabrics. I took a while and kind of regretted that I should have asked more questions about the fabric but the senior guy is not very friendly. So things were kind of in a rush. No explanation of the fabric type and just indicate the price range for the "group" of fabrics.

However, he did made some good recommendations for pants fabrics and pattern. I knew what I wanted so I am looking specifically for a few types of patterns. After fabric is chosen, we moved on to choosing the style. Again, this is quite a fast process and not really something we spent time on "pondering" about options. I do know what I want for pants but shirts were new to me and in a blink of an eye, i paid the deposit for a total sum of Baht$7300 for 3 shirts and 2 pants.

2nd fitting was about 2 days later and this time the younger tailer attended to me. The experience was better and it was more detailed. I took most of his recommendations and he did made me do a few actions to ensure the fit is thoroughly well. One thing to note, the younger tailor is very meticulous. He noticed I wore a big watch. He purposely make the cuff bigger so that I can continue to wear big watches and look good with the shirt.

On the 3rd visit, all the pieces were delivered and all of them tried on, reviewed by the younger tailor. There were some small issues with the pants on the inner pockets size and it was addressed to on the spot but will take another day for it to be fixed. So the pants were delivered later.

Now I am starting to wear the stuff made and discovered I really make a huge mistake on my first visit for not asking more questions. I suspected one of the shirts I made is a full cotton shirt. After first wash, the shirt creased like no tomorrow! It was damn comfortable but OMG man, ironing it is a complete nightmare!

However, it can be resolved by getting starch to iron the shirt. Luckily, it is a patterned shirt, so it is not so bad.

Apart from this, the pants were great. I am a bui bui btw and I am surprised by how their "slim cut" actually does looks good on a bui bui.

Haha older uncle is Jesse but think he now semi retired mood. The younger guy is Manop who is his son.

Sent from sent from limpeh phone to your screen using GAGT

guangzong 09-08-2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathscthe (Post 109640686)
Haha older uncle is Jesse but think he now semi retired mood. The younger guy is Manop who is his son.

This. 10chars

derkaiser94 09-08-2017 03:54 PM

Had a great first time experience at j&s! Made a suit, 4 shirts and an additional two pants. Jesse is a little serious initially but he warms up to you and I love his almost deadpan sense of humour. I'm not very good with Colours or design combination so he assisted to pick out all the details such as collar inlays etc. The process may feel a little rushed but the resulting suit and shirts look fantastic and I couldn't be happier!

Manop assisted me with the subsequent 2 fittings and is a lot more approachable but he does look a little stressed out. Probably due to how busy he is but even then, I never once felt he was distracted from ensuring my fit is perfect. He is downright meticulous with details, offered good feedback to the fit I was looking for and was also very accommodating to my requests.

Overall the service at j&s is fantastic and the finished product looks even more so. Will certainly go back even if they are considered pricier than their competitors.

robertng 10-08-2017 03:43 PM

I have a trip planned to Bangkok from Fri 22 Sep to Tues 26 Sep. I have booked an appointment with J & S, Manop for 22 Sep 6pm. Looking forward to your review as well.

robertng 10-08-2017 03:45 PM

Sorry Noob here. I was referring to DamienK's forthcoming review

robertng 10-08-2017 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derkaiser94 (Post 109659161)
Had a great first time experience at j&s! Made a suit, 4 shirts and an additional two pants. Jesse is a little serious initially but he warms up to you and I love his almost deadpan sense of humour. I'm not very good with Colours or design combination so he assisted to pick out all the details such as collar inlays etc. The process may feel a little rushed but the resulting suit and shirts look fantastic and I couldn't be happier!

Manop assisted me with the subsequent 2 fittings and is a lot more approachable but he does look a little stressed out. Probably due to how busy he is but even then, I never once felt he was distracted from ensuring my fit is perfect. He is downright meticulous with details, offered good feedback to the fit I was looking for and was also very accommodating to my requests.

Overall the service at j&s is fantastic and the finished product looks even more so. Will certainly go back even if they are considered pricier than their competitors.

Hi Derkaiser94

While waiting for DamienK's review, can I seek your advice on the following:

This is the first time I am getting clothes tailored in Bangkok even though I have visited te city more than 20 times so far. As I have read so many positive reviews on J&S, I intend to get 5 shirts and 3 pants. Looking at good quality fabric. I am also looking for get a full suit tailored. Budget is 30-40k Baht.

Is this a good idea for a rookie for Bangkok tailored clothings?

Emeraldz 10-08-2017 09:02 PM

Anybody tailored at watergate collection? My friend intro-ed me cause it's cheap.
Can't find any info online though.

However I've been to J&S before 2 years ago and can't fit into any of it now as I've grown in size.. :(

robertng 11-08-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emeraldz (Post 109681516)
Anybody tailored at watergate collection? My friend intro-ed me cause it's cheap.
Can't find any info online though.

However I've been to J&S before 2 years ago and can't fit into any of it now.

Any reason why you can't fit into the clothing tailored at J&S 2 years ago? Did the clothes shrink? Or have you put on weight? Any reason why you are not going back to J&S? Otherwise reading your post as it is gives the impression that J&S did not do a good job or that the materials used have shrunk quite a lot.

derkaiser94 11-08-2017 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertng (Post 109677812)
Hi Derkaiser94

While waiting for DamienK's review, can I seek your advice on the following:

This is the first time I am getting clothes tailored in Bangkok even though I have visited te city more than 20 times so far. As I have read so many positive reviews on J&S, I intend to get 5 shirts and 3 pants. Looking at good quality fabric. I am also looking for get a full suit tailored. Budget is 30-40k Baht.

Is this a good idea for a rookie for Bangkok tailored clothings?

I got a suit (13.5k), 2 pants (3k each) and 4 shirts (1.8k each) so your budget looks perfect. I'm a rookie too but J&S made the entire process from design to fitting very easy.

Jesse may be a little intimidating at first but once you get to know him, he is very sweet. And Manop is just the epitome of professionalism. I can't sing their praise enough and I don't think you'll be disappointed either.

Emeraldz 11-08-2017 03:30 PM

No no J&S is good! Would go there if I'm not on a budget.
Can't fit cause I've grown, been working out haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertng (Post 109687792)
Any reason why you can't fit into the clothing tailored at J&S 2 years ago? Did the clothes shrink? Or have you put on weight? Any reason why you are not going back to J&S? Otherwise reading your post as it is gives the impression that J&S did not do a good job or that the materials used have shrunk quite a lot.