www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

cloud77 27-01-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex.hero (Post 118859827)
Hmm. Any boss avenue guys here?
Previously I have been Tailoring loads of shirts from them since 2012 till now.
Ironically, the shirts which are made in 2014-2016 are the lasting ones.
Did my wedding suit there, all perfect.. price wise all good.

The more recent batches seems to be all having issues.
Holes in pocket. I have been wearing the old pants for years, yet the pockets are all good and not even torn.

Have already feedback to Dave with regards to this and he did his best to apologise for the inconvenience. Dave is a nice guy, but to be honest, his products are simply not doing him justice. Price-wise, itís fair.. but I just wanna check if any guys here having same issues with them?

i got quite some shirts and pants (maybe >25 in total) from BA for the last 2 years. Only 1-2 of them got quality problem so far, the rest are ok. Their prices are decent but quality i think could be better. Service is ok. Was contemplating trying others on my coming trip

keiichiro 28-01-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex.hero (Post 118859827)
Hmm. Any boss avenue guys here?
Previously I have been Tailoring loads of shirts from them since 2012 till now.
Ironically, the shirts which are made in 2014-2016 are the lasting ones.
Did my wedding suit there, all perfect.. price wise all good.

The more recent batches seems to be all having issues.
Holes in pocket. I have been wearing the old pants for years, yet the pockets are all good and not even torn.

Have already feedback to Dave with regards to this and he did his best to apologise for the inconvenience. Dave is a nice guy, but to be honest, his products are simply not doing him justice. Price-wise, itís fair.. but I just wanna check if any guys here having same issues with them?

same for me.. i still can wear the first few batch of clothes without much issue.
Cant say much for the recent 1-2 year clothes.. ..
Experienced button broke and fall off after 1-2 wash. Older batch are only the strings coming off after many washes which i can sew back.
Also delayed order, tailoring mistakes etc.
I still like to go back to BA but there are many many other tailors out there..

Gambler. 30-01-2019 08:16 PM

just arrived today:

https://i.ibb.co/d0VrQ36/Whats-App-I...8-32-49-PM.jpg

it's a pair of double monks loafers actually. The leather is the soft-loafer kind like slipons. Got that idea from them so it's easier to wear and more comfy, yet can pose off as 'formal' for day-to-day

Alex.hero 06-02-2019 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keiichiro (Post 118887026)
same for me.. i still can wear the first few batch of clothes without much issue.
Cant say much for the recent 1-2 year clothes.. ..
Experienced button broke and fall off after 1-2 wash. Older batch are only the strings coming off after many washes which i can sew back.
Also delayed order, tailoring mistakes etc.
I still like to go back to BA but there are many many other tailors out there..

Yup. Precisely what I feel. I donít think worth gg back there now that the Thai baht is so strong.

ktyandkyc 07-02-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyeebiyd (Post 114777682)
Apply starch.

My first time I did shirts with J&S i accidentally chose the cotton materials based on feel and the look of some fabrics. I told myself "cotton mix only" before I went into the shop and end up saw some fabrics I really like and it was their cotton material. Shirt made and go home then realised it after first wash.

End up now I still love those shirts made, but need to apply starch to iron. Also, if you want to buy starch, the faultless one is a bit more expensive but it sprays more evenly. Easy-on is quite inconsistent in its spraying.

Recently I went back to J&S and spotted some nice cotton mix fabrics and made some shirts and pants.

This time round there were some finer details problems for the pants. One of the pants was shorter than the other and the "coin pocket within the front pocket" was too small. I use it to keep my phone in place.

End up ship it back and get it altered without any fuss. Since the pants were there and J&S offered to compensate the shipping cost to BKK. I ended up making 1 more shirt to offset the shipping costs.

What's the advantage of cotton mix?

Alex.hero 07-02-2019 06:56 PM

Mix blend doesnít crease easily.
Pure cotton if you donít starch, while itís comfortable to wear, it will look crumpled regardless of no. Of times tt you iron it

ktyandkyc 09-02-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex.hero (Post 119059594)
Mix blend doesnít crease easily.
Pure cotton if you donít starch, while itís comfortable to wear, it will look crumpled regardless of no. Of times tt you iron it

I think I must have chosen cotton because mine from j&s crumpled v easily and it's v annoying until I don't wear it anymore. Isn't blended more exp?

ktyandkyc 09-02-2019 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertng (Post 110921092)
Hi DuaKangKia

What about this shirt that I had tailored at J & S during the same trip. The sleeves seem less baggy that that of Jhasper's? This is the 2,500b 100% Egyptian cotton fabric one which as you can see creases quite easily at the elbows.

http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/...pspx6zbn2y.jpg

This is the kind of material I have from J&S? That's blended cotton? It crumples easily

fyeebiyd 10-02-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktyandkyc (Post 119085780)
I think I must have chosen cotton because mine from j&s crumpled v easily and it's v annoying until I don't wear it anymore. Isn't blended more exp?

No, blended is cheaper because got synthetic materials in it.

Most good fabrics in the market are 100% cotton.

I am thinking of dropping J & S for good and likely try to go back to Boss Avenue. My recent pants and shirts made with them have shrinking problem. (About 6 months back)

I thought I was alone until I spoke to someone who also experienced the same problem around the same time I made mine.

Alex.hero 10-02-2019 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyeebiyd (Post 119109745)
No, blended is cheaper because got synthetic materials in it.

Most good fabrics in the market are 100% cotton.

I am thinking of dropping J & S for good and likely try to go back to Boss Avenue. My recent pants and shirts made with them have shrinking problem. (About 6 months back)

I thought I was alone until I spoke to someone who also experienced the same problem around the same time I made mine.

Go back boss avenue?
Once bitten twice shy for me.... the person that is doing all the sewing all these suck and definitely can get better pants even at g2k, Iím not kidding.
My 2 pants bought in 2018 I think, mended multiple times because got holes. My Wife saw the sewing and said its very slipshod tts why it caused the hole.
I looked back at my old pair of pants and the new ones. Really different. Donít believe? Those ppl that do before, can go check../

fyeebiyd 11-02-2019 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex.hero (Post 119116726)
Go back boss avenue?
Once bitten twice shy for me.... the person that is doing all the sewing all these suck and definitely can get better pants even at g2k, Iím not kidding.
My 2 pants bought in 2018 I think, mended multiple times because got holes. My Wife saw the sewing and said its very slipshod tts why it caused the hole.
I looked back at my old pair of pants and the new ones. Really different. Donít believe? Those ppl that do before, can go check../

That is bad man... Looks like need to backtrack to find shops to go and try.

Alex.hero 11-02-2019 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyeebiyd (Post 119119064)
That is bad man... Looks like need to backtrack to find shops to go and try.

Can still go boss avenue, but you need to check every single sewing.

Just a simple example. If itís a black pants, normally the zippers will be black, they will Give the same colour. Well, they gave mine bright silver colour zippers. Even g2k doesnít do that.

I must emphasise ah, itís only recent batches that turns out like this. They did not confirm but I think they changed their main tailors.... very very bad.

before anyone goes the moral ethics route, oh you can ask them to change... etc etc. I think complacency has been their downfall. Itís because we are their regular customers, hence they always assume we will go back patronise them. I decided to stop the rot and spend my money elsewhere. Tailoring is supposed to be theraputic and not stressful etc. (Donít talk the number of times that delivery cannot make it in time etc). Got once I even had to postpone my flt and extendnmy trip by 1 day just to Ensure my tailored shirts are ready. (Itís about 16 pieces bro, donít think they were willing to pay for shipping

ktyandkyc 12-02-2019 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyeebiyd (Post 119109745)
No, blended is cheaper because got synthetic materials in it.

Most good fabrics in the market are 100% cotton.

I am thinking of dropping J & S for good and likely try to go back to Boss Avenue. My recent pants and shirts made with them have shrinking problem. (About 6 months back)

I thought I was alone until I spoke to someone who also experienced the same problem around the same time I made mine.

I have the same shrinking issue too and I seldom wear the shirts already

DEE_doul 12-02-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktyandkyc (Post 119085780)
I think I must have chosen cotton because mine from j&s crumpled v easily and it's v annoying until I don't wear it anymore. Isn't blended more exp?

There's actually wrinkle-free fabrics for shirts which you can try looking out for.

Got mine from Assemble at Orchard Central, pretty not bad. Doesn't crumple that easily, especially after a whole day in office.

fyeebiyd 12-02-2019 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktyandkyc (Post 119136369)
I have the same shrinking issue too and I seldom wear the shirts already

Anyway, not sure if Manop contacted you or not. He reached out to me directly after my post.

Pretty good aftersales service I must say as he offered to redo 2 of the pants that I had problems with and promised he will take out the 2 materials from his selection so that others will not face this problem.

I will be visiting him soon and hopefully my fingers will not fail me when it comes to the material selection.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.