www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

jt2901 27-06-2019 03:10 PM

Suits at least 4 days shirts 3 thereabout

Alex.hero 27-06-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicis (Post 121473704)
Hi guys,

Heading to Bangkok soon for a short holiday. Just wonder, what's the minimum duration I should have to be able to make a cheap and good set of suits?

Thanks!

Min 4d3n....

fugiwara 30-06-2019 02:42 PM

Done 1 suit, 2 pants and 4 shirts with Jesse and Son

Love their measurement and service !

s7460597 30-06-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex.hero (Post 121477756)
Min 4d3n....

Shirt and pants? Hopefully can in 3 days.
Nothing fancy.

yourplaceormine 30-06-2019 09:34 PM

any recommendations for a tailor that is good for both male and female office wear? Looking to make a suit and some pants/skirts. Budget <300 for the suit and 80 or under for the bottoms.

vamprose 14-07-2019 04:06 PM

hi all, need to seek your advise. looking at tailoring at J&S since i'm doing it for the first time

if im making a suit just for company events/dinners, what kind of material should i be looking at?
also.. for shirts...what are the materials that won't crease easily? don't wanna be starching it all day long....

paladin 14-07-2019 08:38 PM

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AfLv7l...CiLaAid5rov3Q/
suit - tropical wool , ideally more than 50%, maybe 10% silk
shirt - cotton is good on the skin, but will crease, so if you really hate to iron, then cotton-polyester blend.

Rgyl11 23-07-2019 10:34 PM

My 4th visit to Jesse & Son from my recent Bangkok trip.

Greeted pleasantly by manop upon arriving into the shop and the service was nothing but the best as usual, offered drinks and great attention by remembering my name as well as my style. He gave some recommendations on fabric selection and was assisted by his brother for the detail of the shirt. Friendly and helpful as well.

Measurements were done by manop as I needed new measurements even tho it is my 4th visit due to some weight loss/gain.

Brought my jacket that was previously done by them to alter a slight tighter and he was happy to assist me.

Next day the shirts are already ready for fitting and it was great on the first fit, slight adjustment to the sleeve and everything was great.

Returned on the 3rd day to collect both my shirts and my jacket and left once again a satisfied customer.

Will definitely visit them again on my next trip!

StanII 06-08-2019 03:33 PM

any bros know if Jesse & Son has wrinkle-free material for their shirts? i prefer these as I can't stand shirts that crumple/wrinkle easily esp the elbow area, saw they have a superfine cotton blend which are wrinkle resistant but i also read otherwise in some post here that it's very hard to iron away the wrinkles thus need to seek some advice.

thanks in advance!

mikepang 07-08-2019 08:08 PM

Bro cotton shirts easily wrinkle in the elbow area due to pressure from folding arms, cotton blends wrinkle less but feel hotter. I think some cottons wrinkle more than others depending on the mills and the weave of the material. I tailor my shirts at Jhasper last few times and have not had any major issues with ironing with their cotton fabrics...always tell them to recommend which cotton fabric wrinkles less=:p

jimbb80 10-08-2019 01:51 PM

Hi,

Can anyone please recommend a tailor other than TOT, that has Soktas and Thomas Mason fabric?

Almost all the tailors mentioned in the thread only carry generic, non branded fabrics.

Thanks

tbs 11-08-2019 07:28 PM

Anyone can recommend pricing for shirts? Used to do at boss avenue but the quality seems to drop abit so looking at alternatives. Used to be 1000,1200 thb per shirt depending on quality from boss avenue.

sammysong 22-08-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rgyl11 (Post 121887905)
My 4th visit to Jesse & Son from my recent Bangkok trip.

Greeted pleasantly by manop upon arriving into the shop and the service was nothing but the best as usual, offered drinks and great attention by remembering my name as well as my style. He gave some recommendations on fabric selection and was assisted by his brother for the detail of the shirt. Friendly and helpful as well.

Measurements were done by manop as I needed new measurements even tho it is my 4th visit due to some weight loss/gain.

Brought my jacket that was previously done by them to alter a slight tighter and he was happy to assist me.

Next day the shirts are already ready for fitting and it was great on the first fit, slight adjustment to the sleeve and everything was great.

Returned on the 3rd day to collect both my shirts and my jacket and left once again a satisfied customer.

Will definitely visit them again on my next trip!

Hey bro can I check how many days I need to make a top

spuispui 14-09-2019 05:00 AM

Any recommendation for a basic classic black suit? Budget 200-250 sgd thanks.

ckboyz 15-09-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugiwara (Post 121517097)
Done 1 suit, 2 pants and 4 shirts with Jesse and Son

Love their measurement and service !

Bro, what's their latest price list? I am planning to go back for my second visit in Dec

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT