www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

H0cusP0cus 06-11-2019 10:24 PM

No discount, just beer Everytime you go there lol.

Yes full customization included and mother of pearl buttons

Quote:

Originally Posted by KR_CLK (Post 123478588)
Manop sent over the price list for J&S..

For the bros that visit J&S, any discount off the listed price? Is customisation included?

H0cusP0cus 06-11-2019 10:35 PM

If you can up budget abit I think Jesse and Son would be good for you. 1.8k

Honestly after trying many many tailors over the past 6 years (BKK: Paul fashion, Boss Avenue, Jhasper, J&S. SG: Sze Sze, Lai En)

I still go back to Manop(son of Jesse). The quality of stiching and entire experience from choosing fabric, design, customization and fitting*** (gives genuine advice instead of wanting you out of his shop asap) cannot be matched at this price point (unless you wanna shell out $150 per shirt in Sg)

My J&S shirts made 3 years ago are still the favorite in my wardrobe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZacharyA (Post 123587136)
hi bros

looking to custom 2 casual shirt (tuck out kind) long sleeve + 1 formal white with minor details on collar and cuffs.

3 shirts, roughly 1 is how much? looking at budget range, preferably < 1.5k thb per piece.

any tailors to intro?

ZacharyA 07-11-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H0cusP0cus (Post 123590958)
If you can up budget abit I think Jesse and Son would be good for you. 1.8k

Honestly after trying many many tailors over the past 6 years (BKK: Paul fashion, Boss Avenue, Jhasper, J&S. SG: Sze Sze, Lai En)

I still go back to Manop(son of Jesse). The quality of stiching and entire experience from choosing fabric, design, customization and fitting*** (gives genuine advice instead of wanting you out of his shop asap) cannot be matched at this price point (unless you wanna shell out $150 per shirt in Sg)

My J&S shirts made 3 years ago are still the favorite in my wardrobe.

thanks for the heads up but i'm unwilling to splurge 1.8k for a top ($80~), cos my intention is to make about 2 casual and 1 or max 2 formal.

it'll cost me quite a fair bit on top of all other expenses.

my current office clothes are bought from sacoor brothers outlet shop and did minor sleeve length adjustments nia. 1 shirt about $40-50 on average.

H0cusP0cus 07-11-2019 02:24 PM

Then I believe Paul fashion at amari watergate would be for you. 1k baht per top, go there with an idea of what you want and make sure you try all the shirts you making.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZacharyA (Post 123597501)
thanks for the heads up but i'm unwilling to splurge 1.8k for a top ($80~), cos my intention is to make about 2 casual and 1 or max 2 formal.

it'll cost me quite a fair bit on top of all other expenses.

my current office clothes are bought from sacoor brothers outlet shop and did minor sleeve length adjustments nia. 1 shirt about $40-50 on average.

Ares94 10-11-2019 02:29 PM

Tailoring in Thailand

Hi guys,

I am considering to go to J&S for tailoring next year.

Being newbie, currently comparing prices and trying to find out more about the different type of fabrics.

I saw that J&S offers Egyptian cotton at 2500 baht, which is around 110~ SGD.

Singapore I read on some other posts is around 80+ SGD only?

Would like to know if there are any differences between the 2 (like are there different types of Egyptian cotton) or is there any reason why J&S would be more expensive than SG?

Thanks in advance!

Luxury cotton this is our finest collection of shirting fabrics available in extra-long staple Egyptian cotton 120/2 ply. Shirting in this category have a silky feel and a luxurious luster like no other when worn. Our Egyptian cotton shirting fabrics are durable, extremely comfortable to wear, lightweight and have been treated with special silky finish or liquid ammonia as well. Multiple weaves are available from herringbone, to twills and poplins in plains and patterned fabrics. The luxury cotton are a great choice for those looking for extra distinction in their dress shirts.

All our luxury cotton fabrics come with the label of the mill it is produced from, showcasing its authenticity. Our clients have the option to have this label sewn into their shirts. Prices are 2,500 baht

chows99 12-11-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H0cusP0cus (Post 123599535)
Then I believe Paul fashion at amari watergate would be for you. 1k baht per top, go there with an idea of what you want and make sure you try all the shirts you making.

Hi i am also looking at 1000 baht per shirt preferably non iron type. Any other recommendations?

clemiboi 19-11-2019 10:12 PM

does anyone know where there are any reputable tailors for leather jackets & how much is the approximate cost?

transparos 24-11-2019 01:25 AM

Thinking of getting my first suit at j&s. Understand that there are few pricing category for the suits therefore would like get opinions from those who have madetheir suits there.

Which category did you get? And how is the experience after wearing it?

s7460597 24-11-2019 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by transparos (Post 123850049)
Thinking of getting my first suit at j&s. Understand that there are few pricing category for the suits therefore would like get opinions from those who have madetheir suits there.

Which category did you get? And how is the experience after wearing it?

For what occasion and how often will you be wearing your suit? That will help you budget.

transparos 24-11-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s7460597 (Post 123850754)
For what occasion and how often will you be wearing your suit? That will help you budget.

Would only be wearing it for work events but will be used rarely. Maybe only few times a year.

But should I choose the quality of suit based on usage? Or just buy a good quality suit which can last long?

turtlezhu 24-11-2019 07:20 PM

It really depends on you personally and your Budget. I did my suit with Manop for $500+ but I wore it like 2 - 3 times. It’s for my wedding.

Of course you got to make your money worth as well. Get manop to recommend what they have and then personally go feel and touch the material.

Quote:

Originally Posted by transparos (Post 123854886)
Would only be wearing it for work events but will be used rarely. Maybe only few times a year.

But should I choose the quality of suit based on usage? Or just buy a good quality suit which can last long?

transparos 25-11-2019 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtlezhu (Post 123859893)
It really depends on you personally and your Budget. I did my suit with Manop for $500+ but I wore it like 2 - 3 times. Its for my wedding.

Of course you got to make your money worth as well. Get manop to recommend what they have and then personally go feel and touch the material.

You still remember which category suit that you got?

I got the price list from manop as I was there to make shirts and pants last year but thinking to get a suit this time round. Price wise i am ok to spend if this suit can at least last me quite long

paladin 25-11-2019 07:56 PM

J&S is listed price. And 120/2 is a premium weave. Since have label, confirm authentic. And all frills are included in this price, e.g MOP buttons, contrasting collars, etc

Singapore is promotional price for new tailor shop, Black Fri, Christmas, package of 3 shirts etc whoever reason.

I recently bought 3 Egyptian cotton shirts. Each $79, promotional price. Fabric superb from hand feel. Then again, cannot tell if really Egyptian.

For Singapore, you can get cotton-blends shirts at $59 or premium cotton shirts at $79 at shops like Este Bartin, Ethan Men, etc if you buy 3 shirts. However, you have to pay extra for MOP buttons, contrasting collars, collar linings, monogram, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ares94 (Post 123643007)
Hi guys,

I am considering to go to J&S for tailoring next year.

Being newbie, currently comparing prices and trying to find out more about the different type of fabrics.

I saw that J&S offers Egyptian cotton at 2500 baht, which is around 110~ SGD.

Singapore I read on some other posts is around 80+ SGD only?

Would like to know if there are any differences between the 2 (like are there different types of Egyptian cotton) or is there any reason why J&S would be more expensive than SG?

Thanks in advance!

Luxury cotton this is our finest collection of shirting fabrics available in extra-long staple Egyptian cotton 120/2 ply. Shirting in this category have a silky feel and a luxurious luster like no other when worn. Our Egyptian cotton shirting fabrics are durable, extremely comfortable to wear, lightweight and have been treated with special silky finish or liquid ammonia as well. Multiple weaves are available from herringbone, to twills and poplins in plains and patterned fabrics. The luxury cotton are a great choice for those looking for extra distinction in their dress shirts.

All our luxury cotton fabrics come with the label of the mill it is produced from, showcasing its authenticity. Our clients have the option to have this label sewn into their shirts. Prices are 2,500 baht

Redstar202 27-11-2019 11:47 AM

I have just returned from Bangkok with 9 shirts and 2 pants from 2 different tailors. Spent a bomb but really satisfied with both tailors.

The Suit Co @ Pratunam area was originally the only tailor I wanted to visit. I encountered them 2 years ago and was very impressed with their price, fit and quality of materials.

This trip, the staff from my previous trip are no longer around. Instead it was a young Singaporean lady Staphne Manning the shop. The prices seem to have gone up too. Anyway she did a superb job with my measurements and fitting and advising me on colours and compatibility. 6 shirts with different combinations can cause brain freeze. 😂

Jesse & Sons @ Asoke area was an abrupt decision as a friend recommended them on my FB and the Google reviews were nearly perfect. I dropped by without any appointment and made 3 shirts (1500, 1700 and 1900 respectively). Everything was like what everyone else says, professional,pleasant although more costly.

I am looking forward to wearing and washing and ironing these clothes and hopefully the fabrics will stay intact.

My shirts from Boss Ave 2 years back shrunk and were a real pain to iron. That is why I didn't bother revisiting them.

transparos 28-11-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redstar202 (Post 123902220)
I have just returned from Bangkok with 9 shirts and 2 pants from 2 different tailors. Spent a bomb but really satisfied with both tailors.

The Suit Co @ Pratunam area was originally the only tailor I wanted to visit. I encountered them 2 years ago and was very impressed with their price, fit and quality of materials.

This trip, the staff from my previous trip are no longer around. Instead it was a young Singaporean lady Staphne Manning the shop. The prices seem to have gone up too. Anyway she did a superb job with my measurements and fitting and advising me on colours and compatibility. 6 shirts with different combinations can cause brain freeze. 😂

Jesse & Sons @ Asoke area was an abrupt decision as a friend recommended them on my FB and the Google reviews were nearly perfect. I dropped by without any appointment and made 3 shirts (1500, 1700 and 1900 respectively). Everything was like what everyone else says, professional,pleasant although more costly.

I am looking forward to wearing and washing and ironing these clothes and hopefully the fabrics will stay intact.

My shirts from Boss Ave 2 years back shrunk and were a real pain to iron. That is why I didn't bother revisiting them.

Boss ave's shirt quality have dropped?