www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

ultradiving 12-08-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 47935633)
My original request to Pinky was for something like this where the underside of the placket (reverse where the button and button holes are) is also lined with the contrasting fabric. Unfortunate they only did the inner collar and not the underside of the placket.

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/w...002-1black.jpg

Nice Coverage on the wide choices /Kudos to Condor :s12:

Mr_Hideo 16-08-2010 10:28 PM

Hi guys,

Is the price quoted for the 100% Egyptian Cotton, a 2-ply shirt?

Also, for a 80/20 blend, how does it feels like and what's the shrinkage like?

Thanks.

whitebiox 25-08-2010 10:42 PM

Any idea if in pratunam area is there any good tailor to recommend?

grantt 10-09-2010 05:34 AM

I don't think there has been any recommended on this forum. The two that stands out on this forum seems to be Pinky & Crown.

Curiousvarious 18-09-2010 03:15 AM

Just to share. I don't think the "Egyptian Cotton" adverts by most tailors in BKK hold true. But they are 100% cotton and are still very good value. Why I say this is that when they have newer stuff and quote you a higher price, they tell you its Italian cotton. Man, name it what you want, it's all a marketing ploy in BKK.

It's best you bring a shirt for them to copy. If you have only a short time in BKK, this is probably the best option. Margin of error is a lot lower than having them take measurements.

In any case, if you do not have a copy, all these tailors do the measurements then send the material and order to a factory to get it done for you. It's amazing how fast all these shirts can be churned out. But hey, it's sub $50 for a french cuffed shirt. So there's little to complain.

If you're looking for Hubeross and real Sea Island quality, you're probably better off doing it in Singapore as it's more expensive in BKK.

charsiewmee 22-09-2010 10:48 AM

HI Guys,

Pinky and Crown is at Nana right.

Hows the prices for the suit jackets.

Just to source around, anyone has good catalogue of the suits and shirts design.

mikepang 12-10-2010 08:15 PM

good bangkok tailor

I'm very happy with my bangkok tailor. They first gave me a fitting on the shirt & pant and then made them ready the next day. Good selection of modern latest up- to-date fabrics. I liked the fact the they were very friendly and followed precisely how I told them to make. Highly recommended. Very close to Skytrain Nana station its called Jhasper Fashion.

rerear 18-10-2010 08:59 PM

arrive Saturday early afternoon.... fly off Tue morning.... enough time to make shirts at the tailors taking into account they are closed Sunday?

otherwise do all of them provide Thailand->Singapore delivery and what are the charges like.

mikepang 20-10-2010 08:09 PM

I think they should be able to...did mine in a period of 2-3 days too with fittings and all...though I kept in mind to immedtly visit the tailor first thing as soon as I land!

tadaoshimbori 26-10-2010 02:09 AM

Good experience with Pinky Tailor !

Another countless trip to BKK ! I went to Pinky Tailor since 1995 after reading many reviews about Pinky Tailor on websites & Lonely planet BKK/Thailand guide.

Tailored some shirts, suits.. I would say that what makes them different from other Tailors in BKK or South East Asia is the following:
1. They know what they are doing !
2. Varities that they have
3. No saleman standing outside to pull you in !
4. Don't cheat on Materials
5. Small But Huge in quality & material

I am always satisfied with the things that I made with Pinky Tailor, but this time I am extra happy is because of 2 things:
1. The person who took care of me during my visit is Mr. Pinky's son (His name is Win). Anyway I met this boy since he was young and has always been helping his dad since school .. enter university and joinned Toyota (if I am not mistaken) .. and now resigned from Toyota to help his dad full time .. coz I think they have very good business..

Anyway if you go to Pinky Tailor .. just ask for his Son coz he is real expert in helping you choose material, talkative (not pushing you to order).. talk & take very good care of customer and always smiling anyway easy word he is a nice boy ! Both Mr. Pinky & his son help out really well <-- I think with them working together.. more people will be coming to Pinky Tailor.

2. Actually the day I went was Mr. Pinky's birthday and I was there to try fitting for my suit just before their shop close .. so they took me to Mr. Pinky's BD party .. very much fun .. ! ..

So if anyone ask for suggestions on Bangkok Tailor .. I would say go to Pinky Tailor

LT_SIN 16-11-2010 03:10 AM

Hi need your advice guys.

I had narrowed down two tailor shops which is pinkys and moon river

I was thinking of getting 2 suits (pants inclusive) how much does a suit cost?

Im not looking for high quality material, just for daily use

Hulk55 21-11-2010 03:42 PM

I went to have a look at these shops you mentioned they sell their suits for around $500 plus per set (jacket and pants) which i think is too ex! better go to jhasper fashion in sukhumvit road 11 their suits run around $200+ can get slim fit cut for suit and they also r very good shirt tailor in bangkok. I made my clothes there...their service n quality is good and reasonably priced

LT_SIN 27-11-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk55 (Post 50552762)
I went to have a look at these shops you mentioned they sell their suits for around $500 plus per set (jacket and pants) which i think is too ex! better go to jhasper fashion in sukhumvit road 11 their suits run around $200+ can get slim fit cut for suit and they also r very good shirt tailor in bangkok. I made my clothes there...their service n quality is good and reasonably priced

Thanks hulk55. So I'm guessin 500 is the minimum for a suit for moon river n pinkys. Is it cos of the quality of materials that cause the price difference?
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll prob try both jhasper n moon river, was planning try tailoring one suit in each shop.

darknezz 29-11-2010 03:13 PM

I came back last week from my 2nd bkk trip this year. In Jan I was there to try out Pinky and Crown, I already wrote my feedback here on this forum. Well in between I have been asking around and a few of my friends actually tailored shirts at cheaper prices than the 2 highly recommended ones here. So this trip, I decided to try out different tailors

M1 Tailor at MBK shopping mall, 1st floor
The shelf price for shirts starts at 680THB (if I dont remember wrongly), most of the fabrics are priced at 1,100THB which are cheaper than the shirts that I made at Pinky/ Crown earlier this year (about 1,000 to 1,200).

The best part is you can bargain which I manage to get the most of the shirts to below 1,000 THB. The second thing the price is inclusive of all customisation e.g. double cuff/ inner lining etc. If I am not wrong, Crown does not charge from customisation and Pinky charge additional 100THB.

Althogether I made 4 shirts (3 x 950 + 1 x1300), all of them with different colour inner linings at the cuff and collar. The most expensive fabric (1300) was a white shirt which I really like the design and thickness of the fabric. I also made 2 pants at 1200 each, 1 was finest cashere and the other is 150's wool. (for pants, the fabric used is sewn into the insides of the back pocket).

New Asia Boutique, 2nd floor, Asia Hotel
I went there as my friend told me there is a tailor there that charges only 600THB (after bargain) per shirt and the price is supposely inclusive of customisation. But I could not find the tailor shop and ended up at this shop instead. The price here is 800THB per shirt and customisation is 100THB additional. However fabric is quite limited and I made only 2 shirts.

Overview
I think this being my 2nd time tailoring shirts I am more careful about what to look out for and I am able to tell them more precisely on what I want. I had 2 fittings at both tailors and collected only on the fourth day. At New Asia, the first fitting was way too loose and he had to take about 1.5 inches off each on my left and right side. You might want to emphasis that you want SLIM FIT to the guy at New Asia.

Overall the fabric looks comparable to the ones I made at Pinky and Crown (i did not check ??? cotton). They are soft and does not seem to crumble easily. Anyways, my plans for now is to wait till New Year before I start to wear them. I have too many shirts for now. Until then, if there is any issue, I will post here again

Personally I like the M1 tailor as it is at MBK; usually when I am in BKK, I tend to visit MBK and the shopping area around a few times for food/ shopping etc. The location for Crown and Pinky on the other hand is abit out of place for me and if I do visit, it would be specifically for tailoring only (wasting time in my holiday traveling to and from tailor).

This trip 0 shirts/ pants from Pinky/ Crown. But overally I really feel that I spent alot less time commuting between the tailors and my intended destination.

Happy shopping bro and sis

magnifisun 05-12-2010 09:28 PM

Is there a need to make a reservation before going down to pinky/crown? or just walk in will do.?

eyz 08-12-2010 03:14 AM

have anyone of ya tried Empire Tailor along Nana?

http://www.theempiretailors.com/index.htm

Their shirt at least 1500 b per piece and a pair of pants cost at least 4500 baht.

It's kinda expensive.

drixsome 16-12-2010 12:09 AM

Hi all, first and foremost thanks very much to everyone who have contributed in some way or another to this thread and I think I owe it to the many out there who have not explored the option of shirt tailoring in Bangkok to proceed with this post on my experience with Boss Avenue tailors on Sukhumvit Soi 7 (Nana BTS).

1. You need to know what you are looking for: Daily wear shirts that survive the grind of day-in-day-out machine wash VS dress shirts that should be handwashed for the occasional cocktail parties or smart-casual events. Thus I made the 850Baht shirts knowing full well that it is the former that I am looking for; the daily shirts with a fair bit of fitting and trivial customisations (embriodery of initials, underside of cuff having flowery patterns etc). Though I must admit that the 1,000-1,250 range shirts are of a better quality, they didn't blow my mind away as most of the material were quite thick and didn't seem to make sense to me when the hot and humid season daunts upon us coming February.

2. Budget: Knowing what you are looking for definitely aids with the budgeting. Based on the first-time experience, it appeared that Boss Ave's got 3 tiers of pricing - the 850b, 1,000b and 1,250b shirts + free customisations (huge plus if you're a fan of fancy needlework). Initially quoted me 900 but that's on the assumption that i was making one piece. Economies of scale does help to bring the price down; so if you are not interested in making more than 2 pieces i think it wouldn't even make sense to put down tailoring as part of your holiday itinerary. Why? Will elaborate more in the next point.

3. Fitting it into your holiday itinerary: 3D2N is a must for tailoring unless you bring along with you from Singapore a sample piece for them to replicate. Day 1 choose fabric + take measurements, day 2 go for fitting, day 3 collection. If you fail to go for fitting because you cannot slot it into your schedule, you are no better than buying your shirts off the rack @ Robinsons during Xmas sale. You have to make time for fitting because thats the whole idea behind tailored shirts. For the uninitiated, fitting in Bangkok tailoring context means fine tuning the initial measurements taken from Day 1; for e.g. tightening the sides to give you the 'slim fit', adjusting sleeve length, ensuring the collar buttons are comfy when you button them up etc. Therefore i personally think its a hassle to slot some time into your itinerary when tailoring is one of your travel agendas; so if you're not making a couple more shirts then it's such a waste as it might mess up your schedule/plans because they open at 10.30am on weekdays and usually at that time you'd either want to be visiting the tourist attractions/heading to chaktuchat market/rushing down to platinum fashion mall or going to yaowahraj (chinatown).

4. Do your homework before you go: it helps alot knowing what you want. deciding if you want different cuff style, french cuff, buttons, types of collars, need for customisations etc. one of the bros in here put up a really useful picture showing the types of cuffs and collars. this can really help to speed up the decision-making process as all you need to do is brainstorm on your colour and design of the material which is pretty much 60-70% cotton and remaining polyester. it helped me decide so i think it should help you too. Of course they have catalogues and magazine-like books on the table, flip a couple of pages and hope to find the type of customisation you want - it's easier to point to a picture and say "i want this" than to try explaining with weird descriptions.

5. Caveat Emptor: For the first timers, do manage your expectations. Don't expect '100% egyptian cotton' when you're only paying 850b. Service is manageable and not pushy, but don't expect CYC-type attentiveness. Materials are okay, but don't expect them to be presented to you in a professional album-type format, all their cloth materials are rolled up and shoved in shelves (similar to what buying plastic book wraps by the rolls from popular bookstore). Good luck and travel safe!

Urban_11 16-12-2010 01:01 PM

i used to tailor-made my shirts and trousers in bkk with a group of friend , after reading this thread (as i'm going with my wife this time round) , i realised that there are many details we did not look into ,in the past , especially the part bro drixsome mentioned , "If you fail to go for fitting because you cannot slot it into your schedule, you are no better than buying your shirts off the rack @ Robinsons during Xmas sale. You have to make time for fitting because thats the whole idea behind tailored shirts."
learnt a few new tips from this thread ! i'm travelling there mid of Jan 2011,hopefully it will be rewarding that i can share a few more tips with u guys here !
Anyone btw know the cost of making a business suit there @ PINKY or CROWN ?
i've went thread all post and there isn't a exact indication here.

Inzaghi09 16-12-2010 11:06 PM

hi all... there are so many tailors mentioned here.. not sure which to choose from.. i'll be staying at baiyoke sky hotel.. any recommendations on which tailor is the nearest (and can be trusted, provides value for money) to the above mentioned hotel?

it will be my first trip to bkk and also the first time i'm going to tailor make my shirts..

Jordan Chang 24-12-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darknezz (Post 50772086)
I came back last week from my 2nd bkk trip this year. In Jan I was there to try out Pinky and Crown, I already wrote my feedback here on this forum. Well in between I have been asking around and a few of my friends actually tailored shirts at cheaper prices than the 2 highly recommended ones here. So this trip, I decided to try out different tailors

M1 Tailor at MBK shopping mall, 1st floor
The shelf price for shirts starts at 680THB (if I dont remember wrongly), most of the fabrics are priced at 1,100THB which are cheaper than the shirts that I made at Pinky/ Crown earlier this year (about 1,000 to 1,200).

The best part is you can bargain which I manage to get the most of the shirts to below 1,000 THB. The second thing the price is inclusive of all customisation e.g. double cuff/ inner lining etc. If I am not wrong, Crown does not charge from customisation and Pinky charge additional 100THB.

Althogether I made 4 shirts (3 x 950 + 1 x1300), all of them with different colour inner linings at the cuff and collar. The most expensive fabric (1300) was a white shirt which I really like the design and thickness of the fabric. I also made 2 pants at 1200 each, 1 was finest cashere and the other is 150's wool. (for pants, the fabric used is sewn into the insides of the back pocket).

New Asia Boutique, 2nd floor, Asia Hotel
I went there as my friend told me there is a tailor there that charges only 600THB (after bargain) per shirt and the price is supposely inclusive of customisation. But I could not find the tailor shop and ended up at this shop instead. The price here is 800THB per shirt and customisation is 100THB additional. However fabric is quite limited and I made only 2 shirts.

Overview
I think this being my 2nd time tailoring shirts I am more careful about what to look out for and I am able to tell them more precisely on what I want. I had 2 fittings at both tailors and collected only on the fourth day. At New Asia, the first fitting was way too loose and he had to take about 1.5 inches off each on my left and right side. You might want to emphasis that you want SLIM FIT to the guy at New Asia.

Overall the fabric looks comparable to the ones I made at Pinky and Crown (i did not check ??? cotton). They are soft and does not seem to crumble easily. Anyways, my plans for now is to wait till New Year before I start to wear them. I have too many shirts for now. Until then, if there is any issue, I will post here again

Personally I like the M1 tailor as it is at MBK; usually when I am in BKK, I tend to visit MBK and the shopping area around a few times for food/ shopping etc. The location for Crown and Pinky on the other hand is abit out of place for me and if I do visit, it would be specifically for tailoring only (wasting time in my holiday traveling to and from tailor).

This trip 0 shirts/ pants from Pinky/ Crown. But overally I really feel that I spent alot less time commuting between the tailors and my intended destination.

Happy shopping bro and sis

so, have you found any faults with the shirts from M1?

late4ever 25-12-2010 08:05 AM

maybe we shld just organise a trip to bkk just to tailor our clothes and makan...

Condor 29-12-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban_11 (Post 51236736)
i used to tailor-made my shirts and trousers in bkk with a group of friend , after reading this thread (as i'm going with my wife this time round) , i realised that there are many details we did not look into ,in the past , especially the part bro drixsome mentioned , "If you fail to go for fitting because you cannot slot it into your schedule, you are no better than buying your shirts off the rack @ Robinsons during Xmas sale. You have to make time for fitting because thats the whole idea behind tailored shirts."
learnt a few new tips from this thread ! i'm travelling there mid of Jan 2011,hopefully it will be rewarding that i can share a few more tips with u guys here !
Anyone btw know the cost of making a business suit there @ PINKY or CROWN ?
i've went thread all post and there isn't a exact indication here.

admit it. you're just plain lazy and want to be spoon fed.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...7&postcount=43
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...7&postcount=45

vaxvms 30-12-2010 03:35 PM

will recommend Narin Couture if u willing to spend :)

vaxvms 30-12-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban_11 (Post 51236736)
i'm travelling there mid of Jan 2011,hopefully it will be rewarding that i can share a few more tips with u guys here !

cool I am travelling mid jan as well....masybe we go hunting for few hr and maybe more quantity=more discount:s12:

Condor 30-12-2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaxvms (Post 51670260)
cool I am travelling mid jan as well....masybe we go hunting for few hr and maybe more quantity=more discount:s12:

i'll be there from 8th-12th, but only available for 8-9th since after that will have official duties to attend to. pm me if anyone is there and would like to go tailoring together.

vaxvms 31-12-2010 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 51673014)
i'll be there from 8th-12th, but only available for 8-9th since after that will have official duties to attend to. pm me if anyone is there and would like to go tailoring together.

I am travelling a wk later....my frd just recommned me MEN EX at mbk asnd price he mention to me seem super cheap shirt from 30-40 sgd
maybe i pop over to see see

happy shopping and maybe can see ur review b4 I set off to make shirt/pants

Condor 31-12-2010 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaxvms (Post 51686819)
I am travelling a wk later....my frd just recommned me MEN EX at mbk asnd price he mention to me seem super cheap shirt from 30-40 sgd
maybe i pop over to see see

happy shopping and maybe can see ur review b4 I set off to make shirt/pants

i'm probably not going to try a new tailor since I don't think I have the time to do fittings after Sun. But who knows. I am keen on Narin, esp a jacket, but there's simply not enough time. Narin is quite insistent on proper fittings.

I might try Nickerman. See how things pan out. I'm more interested this time to make cheap shirts for daily wear. General budget is 800b, maybe 1000b for better designs. So likely to head back to Boss Avenue. Worst workmanship amongst Pinky, Crown, Rajawongse that I've tried so far, but I would say their eagerness to please and the price point make up for cheaper daily wear shirts. Despite fray threads and less than straight sewings, they still fit and look better than similar priced rack clothes. Minor issues not apparent from normal social distance.

If I see another tailor in the range of 800b I might give them a try just to have 1 more source of cheap tailor. I'll to see if I can get Boss to do 5 for 3500B or 6 for 4000 (knock off from 850b/ea). :p

lampard89 01-01-2011 02:44 AM

first time going bkk, first time trying tailoring, stay above mbk at princess,
any good tailor around the area to recommend?
And what details to look out for for first timer in making shirts and pants?

I have browse thru' the forum seems like the range is about 800-1200 THB for shirt
how about pants?

Condor 01-01-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lampard89 (Post 51718429)

I have browse thru' the forum seems like the range is about 800-1200 THB for shirt
how about pants?

Shirt range (pre-discount) goes from 850-2500b. Most of the more recommended ones have 1000/1200/1500/1800/2000b ranges.

Pants so far I only made @ Pinky's (1500/1800b can't remember exactly).

vaxvms 01-01-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 51725487)
Shirt range (pre-discount) goes from 850-2500b. Most of the more recommended ones have 1000/1200/1500/1800/2000b ranges.

Pants so far I only made @ Pinky's (1500/1800b can't remember exactly).

my experience for pant making is better bring a pant for them to replicate...just ask them alter a bit esp waist part as we grow older 6 packs become 1 pack :s13:

vaxvms 01-01-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lampard89 (Post 51718429)

how about pants?

since u staying pathumwan princess my frd recoomend MEN EX (neat swensen)
he make 5 shirt 4000++ bahts as he cannot remember exact figure
this price include any kind of design eg double collar,design cuff,etc
I am giving them a visit on my next trip

SkylinelXl 03-01-2011 10:47 AM

hi people,

i will be going phuket, are there any good tailors there ?

i am looking for more of tailor with standards, very scared to get chopped by those solo shops or without rep.

any intro ?

johnharding 03-01-2011 03:30 PM

Bangkok tailor

Recently i got back from Bangkok and tried Excelsior tailor.
5 shirts for 4500 Bht with innitial. The cut is good with 2 fittings and then they delivered to my hotel.
Should check them up when in Bangkok.
They are very close to suan lum night bazaar or walking distance from Patpong night market.

lampard89 03-01-2011 04:34 PM

Is suan Lum still around?

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnharding (Post 51789356)
Recently i got back from Bangkok and tried Excelsior tailor.
5 shirts for 4500 Bht with innitial. The cut is good with 2 fittings and then they delivered to my hotel.
Should check them up when in Bangkok.
They are very close to suan lum night bazaar or walking distance from Patpong night market.

darknezz 03-01-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Chang (Post 51486028)
so, have you found any faults with the shirts from M1?

I havent started wearing them, saving them for CNY :s13:

darknezz 03-01-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaxvms (Post 51730051)
since u staying pathumwan princess my frd recoomend MEN EX (neat swensen)
he make 5 shirt 4000++ bahts as he cannot remember exact figure
this price include any kind of design eg double collar,design cuff,etc
I am giving them a visit on my next trip

there are 3 swensens at MBK, 2nd, 3rd and 7th floor... I think Men Ex is at the 2nd floor, towards the direction of BTS

darknezz 03-01-2011 08:56 PM

removed....

Jordan Chang 03-01-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 51688936)
i'm probably not going to try a new tailor since I don't think I have the time to do fittings after Sun. But who knows. I am keen on Narin, esp a jacket, but there's simply not enough time. Narin is quite insistent on proper fittings.

I might try Nickerman. See how things pan out. I'm more interested this time to make cheap shirts for daily wear. General budget is 800b, maybe 1000b for better designs. So likely to head back to Boss Avenue. Worst workmanship amongst Pinky, Crown, Rajawongse that I've tried so far, but I would say their eagerness to please and the price point make up for cheaper daily wear shirts. Despite fray threads and less than straight sewings, they still fit and look better than similar priced rack clothes. Minor issues not apparent from normal social distance.

If I see another tailor in the range of 800b I might give them a try just to have 1 more source of cheap tailor. I'll to see if I can get Boss to do 5 for 3500B or 6 for 4000 (knock off from 850b/ea). :p

condor, you mentioned in your earlier post that narin didn't take your business when he learnt of your morning flight on tues morning, right? that's 2 days turnaround...assuming you went on sat? i'm trying to work backwards, how long he needs for making shirts. :)

scenium 04-01-2011 01:04 PM

Guy... I am going to BKK for 4D3N from 13 Jan... I read the thread and you guys only mentioned all about Pinky and Crown.
What about the tailor located at Amari Watergate Hotel? Is the tailor good?

vaxvms 04-01-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scenium (Post 51817756)
Guy... I am going to BKK for 4D3N from 13 Jan... I read the thread and you guys only mentioned all about Pinky and Crown.
What about the tailor located at Amari Watergate Hotel? Is the tailor good?

there are zillions of tailors or shall we call measurer
we onli suggest the one we been...maybe u can try and tell us ur experience :)

vaxvms 04-01-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darknezz (Post 51798930)
there are 3 swensens at MBK, 2nd, 3rd and 7th floor... I think Men Ex is at the 2nd floor, towards the direction of BTS

my frd say is at chester level so i guess is lvl2

Condor 04-01-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Chang (Post 51805555)
condor, you mentioned in your earlier post that narin didn't take your business when he learnt of your morning flight on tues morning, right? that's 2 days turnaround...assuming you went on sat? i'm trying to work backwards, how long he needs for making shirts. :)

Did I mentioned in the post? If I remember correctly, it should be 3 days. They don't work on Sunday. Maybe if you go early in the morning then can do a night fitting? Otherwise, next day fitting would be the norm.

Condor 04-01-2011 08:54 PM

for those going soon:

http://www.tourismthailand.org/sg/ho...ash=f620e8e19c

Quote:

Collect Your One-Day BTS Pass Now at TAT Singapore Office
Published date : December 24, 2010

Terms & Conditions

1. To eligible for the ONE-DAY PASS BTS SKYTRAIN, tourist will have to produce copy of air ticket or travel voucher and complete the redemption form.

2. Redemption will be at Tourism Authority Of Thailand, Singapore Office at No 370 Orchard Road, Singapore 238870. From : Monday - Friday. Opening hours : 9.15 am - 12.15 pm & 2-5 pm.

3. One BTS SKYTRAIN PASS per travelling adult or child to Bangkok.

4. While stocks last.

vaxvms 05-01-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 51831302)

wow got freebies....must go grab although I seldom take BTS or MRT ...collection process take long or not?

SkylinelXl 05-01-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkylinelXl (Post 51782014)
hi people,

i will be going phuket, are there any good tailors there ?

i am looking for more of tailor with standards, very scared to get chopped by those solo shops or without rep.

any intro ?

no one tried any tailors in phuket ? :(

btw how much is it to make a blazer + trousers + vest ?

Condor 05-01-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaxvms (Post 51845870)
wow got freebies....must go grab although I seldom take BTS or MRT ...collection process take long or not?

less than 5min. only in show ticket write down name, address, email, phone number.

Jordan Chang 05-01-2011 04:14 PM

second that. less than 5 mins. just went earlier today. still give me desktop calendar, pen, etc....thanks to condor for sharing the lobang! :)

vaxvms 06-01-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 51855507)
less than 5min. only in show ticket write down name, address, email, phone number.

thks for the lobang...just went down and gran the freebie :s12:

Urban_11 07-01-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 51648642)

Condor , u probably didn't notice my post , i'm asking abt prices for suits.what a joke.u're just too lazy to finish reading my thread.

Urban_11 07-01-2011 05:58 PM

Hi guys , just return from BKK , went to Pinky but
they are not open for biz for 10days holiday (GOSH!!!) , made a trip to Crown and was attended to by Lop and Sam himself. 2 suits + 2 shirt , 13,500 baht.
Satisfied customer i am,they are very professional and not pushy to close deal.