www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

Poshua 09-06-2012 06:09 PM

Going bkk this month. Maybe I'd tailor one each from well know shops. May I know a list of good ones? I don't mind spending more for good tailors. Also, planning to make suite and I heard those that can make good shirts doesn't mean they make good suite. Appreciate the community's advice bros..

bayside 11-06-2012 10:57 PM

hey guys where do you normally find the style or design you that you want crown to make?

Aloof_guy 12-06-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShrekDonkey (Post 67015851)
just came back from Bkk and made 3 shirts from Crown, not too bad i feel, went on thurs afternoon and collected all my shirts on Sunday evening..

Here are the price list for Crown
(Lower Quality to Highest Quality)

Shirt:
1000B, 1200B, 1500B, 3000B
Pants:
2000B, 2500B, 3000B, 5000B
Suit(Jacket+Pants):
5500B, 8000B, 10000B, 15000B

Wow isnt that really expensive for Thailand?

princessy 13-06-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 66744756)
To be honest with you, I understand why people "used to" go to Paul, but not anymore. Easy - we were never smart enough before imo. Even I used to go to paul for shirts n pants, then realize eventually that service not as good as used to be because clientele big now. Then I found crown and haven't changed since then. Gotta love their sales service. I assume you had lop/mana?

It's also good to hear crown doing singapore trip soon! It's always time for wardrobe update hahaha. But more money to spend again. Sigh :(.

TOTALLY AGREE! I will NOT recommend Paul's Fashion. I went to them last year, the service is good but unfortunately this year, their service is below average. Probably due to their popularity? Will check out Crown tailor next

Sinkie 13-06-2012 10:04 PM

anyone tried embassy fashion?

The Bespoke Tailor Shirts and Suits online in Bangkok

http://i.imgur.com/t0Tkx.jpg

price is negiotiable to as low as $50 if you tailor alot of shirts.. and many japanese tailor their shirts there too and given how demanding japanese are to their shirts, my friend highly recommended me here.

any feedback??

tenz1204 14-06-2012 03:15 AM

I will be dropping by crown this afternoon. Will be doing a review if I have time.

xterious 14-06-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 67495521)
I will be dropping by crown this afternoon. Will be doing a review if I have time.

Pls do. Going there soon too.

tenz1204 16-06-2012 11:30 PM

Crown is good. Fitting only 1st time and got all instructions as requested. Only disadvantage is they charge for additional details like initial, extra pattern..which some other tailor doesn't charge.. Anyway still reasonable. They take their business seriously and doesn't hard sell which is good.

eedwinn 16-06-2012 11:51 PM

Normally how many days do the tailors in BKK take? Going there for 3 days so I'm not sure they will be made in time

grantt 17-06-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 67575373)
Crown is good. Fitting only 1st time and got all instructions as requested. Only disadvantage is they charge for additional details like initial, extra pattern..which some other tailor doesn't charge.. Anyway still reasonable. They take their business seriously and doesn't hard sell which is good.

Agreed - that's what i love about crown. You buy as much as you want. There is no pressure to buy more than you need. Most other tailors try and tell you to buy buy buy and eventually you get annoyed at the pressure. For me personally, i love the attention they give you at the fitting. You can change just about anything you don't like and they oblige. Most other tailors try and convince you to say everything looks "amazing".

ZippyRa 17-06-2012 01:34 PM

Whats crown prices normally like?!?! they charge according to the amount of fabric use + service charges right?

lol never tailor before pardon me if that question quite noob :(

tenz1204 17-06-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZippyRa (Post 67586899)
Whats crown prices normally like?!?! they charge according to the amount of fabric use + service charges right?

lol never tailor before pardon me if that question quite noob :(

Prices depend on quality of the fabric.

Additional charges for extra detail ie monogram, colour contrast etc.

Shirt price 1000 1200 1500
Pants 2000 2500 3000

Iirc

xterious 17-06-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 67588278)
Prices depend on quality of the fabric.

Additional charges for extra detail ie monogram, colour contrast etc.

Shirt price 1000 1200 1500
Pants 2000 2500 3000

Iirc

How many days needed for the stuff to be done? Am going there for only 4d3n.

tenz1204 17-06-2012 04:46 PM

Mine took 2 days only. 1 shirt and 2 pants. Depending on fitting. My fit is good so can just take straightaway. Y 2 day cos I order another 1 pant. The 1st pant and shirt is testing the workmanship which I upfront tell crown.

blade007 19-06-2012 05:19 PM

Hi Guys,
Just got back from Thailand yesterday.
Though I should give some feedback since I got the tailor recommendations from here. Thanks Guys!

Some background, was looking to get some shirts and pants for daily office work thus nothing high end. Rather non-100% cotton as I like the feel more and normally easier to iron.
Budget in mind, but slightly flexible as I did bring more money:
Appox 1200B for shirts (50SGD)
Approx 1800B for Pants (80SGD)
Got my shirts from Boss Avenue based on my Budget and requirements. I went to Crown, but as I am not going for high end shirts this time round I decided that the price is too expensive.

My experience:
@ Crown:
Shirt Prices start at 1000B (Mix materials), 1200 (mix and 100% cotton?), 1500 (100% cotton, got 2 ply) and 3000 (never check details)
Pants start at 2000B. Never ask much since over budget.

Pros: Very Friendly, Not pushy.
Downside: 150B more for contrast.
After calculating my budget and feeling some fabrics, I decided that if I get the shirts from here, I would need to get the 1200B ones and with contrast. Calculating my budget for each shirt @ 1350 ea & pants @ 2000 ea, it exceeds my budget by alot. Decided to go over to Boss Avenue to take a look.

@ Boss Avenue:
Shirt Prices start at 900 (mix materials), 1200 (full cotton 1 ply), 1500 (full cotton 2ply).
Pants Prices start at 1200, 1500, 2000.
First Impressions (before purchase):
The 2 guys who served me is 1 guy with a tuban and another younger guy. Both are friendly.
End up choosing 4 shirts, and 2 pants. My friend made 4 pants as well. Shirts @ 900B range & Pants @ 1500 range.
I had some special requirements on both the shirt and pants they were cool with that. Even offered to add an additional layer on the insides of the pants so it feels good wearing.
Bargained a little, ended up agreeing on slight discount. =:p
Paid 4000B deposit.
Pros: Much cheaper than crown, Within my budget, No extra charge for contrast, seems accommodating. Friendly. Provided many suggestions on how the contrast should be, how collar and cuffs would suit what I want.
Cons: Not that many designs for 900B range. Well, reasonable since it is cheapest range.

First Fitting (2nd day 6.30pm): This time round served by 1 additional guy in Shirt and pants. This guy is not as friendly, and not as accommodating. I think is the Boss. Haha.
Mine:Shirt came out too big but I did not like the plain white collar, Pants came out too baggy behind.
My Friend: Pants came out too baggy around the waist.
Made the required Alteration and insisted on them changing the collar so there is a slight trimming, and told them I want to collect the shirts the next day so in case there are more alteration needed I could get it done.
Boss don't seem too happy but the Tuban guy is accommodating and agrees for an earlier collection.

Second Fitting & Collection(3rd day 6.30pm):
Shirts: All turns out nice, to what I want. They changed the collar for me too.
Pants: 1 pants cutting very nice, the other one still slightly baggy but acceptable.

My friend Pants: 3 pants are nice, 1 turn out very baggy behind but he is not that picky since the front looks good. haha.

Decide to collect and pay the rest of the amount. :o

Pros: Much cheaper than crown, Within my budget.
No extra charge for contrast. Accommodating enough. Friendly (for most staff). Provided many suggestions on how the contrast should be, how collar and cuffs would suit what I want.
Cons: Not that many designs for 900B range. Well, reasonable since it is cheapest range.
Side note: I dislike the "Boss" and if I was served in the first place by him, most likely I would have made my shirts/pants from Crown instead.

Comparing materials with Crown, I would say the 900B range materials is similar to the 1200B material at Crown. But of course, in the midst of the materials, some are really low grade, so you would really need to feel them all before deciding.

Overall experience I would give it an 8/10.
Only major thing lacking is the consistency. Thou likely this will happen in most tailors in Bangkok since they use many different seamstress but if a Tailor is good enough , they would check for small details like this.

Just my 2 cents. Sorry for the wall of text :o