www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

Because_ar 19-06-2012 07:54 PM

normally how long does it take for them make a blazer ah?

lweegp 19-06-2012 10:50 PM

hey bros what about pinky? didnt hear much comments about pinky these days. i'll be going to bkk this coming friday and will be making a suit for my wedding day. any good and budget tailor to recommend? i'll be staying in phloen chit btw and hope to get one around the area ie nana, chitlom etc.

i have tried pinky and M1 (in MBK) before but never make suit so would really love to hear some comments from the bros here. thanks!

Poshua 20-06-2012 04:11 AM

Going on this Thursday and planning to get a grey/ navy suite. Which tailor has the best workmanship? Budget around S$400.

I would love to share the feedback or photos once I'm back.

meowmeowcat 20-06-2012 04:09 PM

just came back from bkk.. did some shirts..

my fren did a suit - full cashmere wool blazer + trouser = 6000 baht

workmanship is immaculate.. measure - fit on day 2 - day 3 deliver

embassy suit gallery

Because_ar 20-06-2012 08:21 PM

How much does a blazer cost? avg...? and back to my previous qn, how long does it take? thx

lweegp 21-06-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lweegp (Post 67660237)
hey bros what about pinky? didnt hear much comments about pinky these days. i'll be going to bkk this coming friday and will be making a suit for my wedding day. any good and budget tailor to recommend? i'll be staying in phloen chit btw and hope to get one around the area ie nana, chitlom etc.

i have tried pinky and M1 (in MBK) before but never make suit so would really love to hear some comments from the bros here. thanks!

anyone to answer my question? many thanks :D

guangzong 22-06-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lweegp (Post 67696641)
anyone to answer my question? many thanks :D

I had 2 shirts made at Pinky a year back.

Service wise, i would rate it as good. They are not pushy. Look for the son of the business, i think his name is "Win". He speaks fluent English. Try and call before heading down, so as not to go at a time when the shop is crowded. In this way, they get to spend more time with you. I did, and was able to avoid a group of Singaporean tourists who went there to get their shirts done.

Material wise, they do use good quality cotton, but they cost more. You may chose the cheaper cloth, but i do not recommend that. My shirts are still working fine. However, their price is not that great, as one shirt (of good material) cost around $90-$110 or so, if memory serves me right. If they are unable to finish your order before you leave, you have to pay for the freight charges, which cost another $20-30. You can try bargaining, which i didn't do. They offered to give me 10% discount on the spot, 20% if i made one more shirt.

jclark 22-06-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Because_ar (Post 67685237)
How much does a blazer cost? avg...? and back to my previous qn, how long does it take? thx

The cost really varies... as low as s$350 all the way to s$1k. The thing is most tailors market their fabric as pure wool or cashmere when they are at best just wool blends, or worse still... simply polyester. So be wary of dishonest tailors. Even at Rajawongse, they told me cashmere and wool when it was really just a poly blend. Best is to know what type of fabric you want before you commit to a tailor.

Some tailors just need 24 hours, some need fittings over a week. It depends. If its a rush job, be prepared to do alterations back here in Singapore.

jclark 22-06-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surevek (Post 67319151)
Guys, why no one mention skd suits @ 2nd floor mbk? I bought 10 shirts at 30 sing dollars each. The owners r of gurkha nationality. Find peter n say online pple intro him to buy shirts. This is the 2nd time i bought from them.

Price- 3.5/5 ($30 for 1 shirt assume u buy 10)
Quality- 4/5
Service- 4.5/5
Allow to bargain - 5/5
Knowledge - 5/5
After sales service- 5/5
Range- 3.5/5

If you like the shirts, I think that's a good deal.

However I did try SKD before. IMO the workmanship was poor and the fabrics had defects like permanent creases and loosened fibres. I have since gone on to pay more for better fabrics and workmanship. And oh, of course, be wary when they tell you "pure cotton" or "pure wool". For that price, it can't be.

To each his own I guess.

tekster 22-06-2012 07:03 PM

Crown tailor coming, who going?

MacroHard 23-06-2012 07:12 PM

Hi,

Anyone tried Narin Couture?

Saw them highly recommended here on CNNGO's website.

i don't mind paying $80 for shirt or pants if it's really well tailored.

But wanna know feedback.

is this guy's style very old?
Does it suit young working men's taste?
Usually I make slim cut shirts.

Because_ar 23-06-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jclark (Post 67740118)
The cost really varies... as low as s$350 all the way to s$1k. The thing is most tailors market their fabric as pure wool or cashmere when they are at best just wool blends, or worse still... simply polyester. So be wary of dishonest tailors. Even at Rajawongse, they told me cashmere and wool when it was really just a poly blend. Best is to know what type of fabric you want before you commit to a tailor.

Some tailors just need 24 hours, some need fittings over a week. It depends. If its a rush job, be prepared to do alterations back here in Singapore.

wow so much for a blazer? i was expecting 100+ :( guess gonna drop my idea of tailoring a blazer for myself in thailand

thanks for the info anyway

jclark 23-06-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Because_ar (Post 67771298)
wow so much for a blazer? i was expecting 100+ :( guess gonna drop my idea of tailoring a blazer for myself in thailand

thanks for the info anyway

For $100+, I'm pretty sure whats offered is a polyester suit. Still doable if that's ok with you. But I personally wouldn't recommend it.

Because_ar 24-06-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jclark (Post 67772060)
For $100+, I'm pretty sure whats offered is a polyester suit. Still doable if that's ok with you. But I personally wouldn't recommend it.

know nuts abt tailoring, is polyester really that bad? those normal branded stocks like G2K one is what mat?

jclark 24-06-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Because_ar (Post 67772603)
know nuts abt tailoring, is polyester really that bad? those normal branded stocks like G2K one is what mat?

Polyester is synthetic whereas wool is a natural fibre. Wool is more breathable than polyester and is considered more stylish.

You can go to Robinsons for eg. and feel the difference between polyester and wool suits. You can also feel the poly and wool blends. If you can't feel or appreciate the difference, no harm going for just the blend. Next time, when you can appreciate and also when budget permits, you may consider pure wool suits...which also has many varieties like super 100s, 110s etc.

If you are really on a budget and need a suit, just go for polyester then. Just get the fit right with the tailor.

If you're keen to know more, google the difference between polyester and wool.

G2K is mostly polyester or at most a wool blend. I have yet to come across pure wool suits there.