www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

tenz1204 27-07-2012 05:19 PM

so he recommended me stripe contrast (using another cloth with thick stripes basically), turn out quite nice too.

Poshua 28-07-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 68643648)
floral cloth - can try using the word 'contrast'. The tailor salesman will know. Some tailor shop even have a book on the floral pattern. But my usual tailor says that floral contrast is not 'in' thing anymore :(

I second that. It's dime a dozen in Singapore. It's probably like our culture that since we go tailor we want everything - kaisu. Initials lah, contrast lah, flower lah, threads lah, stylo cuffs lah, double/ triple collar lah. Turns out the shirt become too OVER. I'm contended with a solid plain white shirt with good fabric, perfect fitting and minimal design.

BTW, just got my Tanika suit. I love the horn buttons, the texture of the fabric and special design lapel. Very good job well done!

Only exception is the sleeves. I think they are too big, especially the sleeve hole. Hope I can get it altered the next trip.

The pants is perfect. No complains as it can reveal my small little butt which many cannot.

dora-motor 30-07-2012 01:11 PM

Just to share my experience of tailor in Bangkok, was reading up tis thread before going but most of e recommended ones were quite far as was staying at Cenatra Grand. So happen to found one called Amari Tailor located along e shophouses between Big C n palladium. Overall experenice was good. But first time when in finds tat e guy attending to us alittle proud.
Took 3 days for 3 pants at 3000b, material he claim to b dun know wat wool. Workmanship was good as second fitting was almost perfect.
Wifey saw also wanted a working suit during my second fitting and they were able to deliver within 2days, too e fitting was good.
Mayb tis can be another for consideration when looking for tailor in that area. Cheers

pin_loon 01-08-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaxvms (Post 51730051)
since u staying pathumwan princess my frd recoomend MEN EX (neat swensen)
he make 5 shirt 4000++ bahts as he cannot remember exact figure
this price include any kind of design eg double collar,design cuff,etc
I am giving them a visit on my next trip

I'm staying in Hansar Hotel which my friend said its in Pathuwan. Not sure if it's near Pathuwan princess though. Anyone knows? If not, any good tailors around that area?

Thanks in advance!

TiggerD 02-08-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pin_loon (Post 68787166)
I'm staying in Hansar Hotel which my friend said its in Pathuwan. Not sure if it's near Pathuwan princess though. Anyone knows? If not, any good tailors around that area?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know of any near there. I just made 3 shirts and 1 pants at Tailor On Ten though, in Sukhumvit. 1100thb per shirt, 2000thb for the pants, tomorrow I try them on. Will let you know if any good, seems ok for now though.

tenz1204 02-08-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerD (Post 68799942)
I don't know of any near there. I just made 3 shirts and 1 pants at Tailor On Ten though, in Sukhumvit. 1100thb per shirt, 2000thb for the pants, tomorrow I try them on. Will let you know if any good, seems ok for now though.

I am curious, are you sure the prices for tailor on ten is correct? Are you a regular for tailor on ten or 1st timer?

TiggerD 02-08-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 68801204)
I am curious, are you sure the prices for tailor on ten is correct? Are you a regular for tailor on ten or 1st timer?

Yes, I was just in the shop about 3 hours ago, definitely correct. There were more expensive fabrics but these felt good and were the cheapest (I am on a budget) This is my first time with Tailor On Ten but not my first time getting tailored clothing, I have used tailors many times before.

pin_loon 02-08-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerD (Post 68799942)

Thanks. My thai friend recommended me Bangkok Fashions. Did anyone patron it before?

tenz1204 02-08-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerD (Post 68801368)
Yes, I was just in the shop about 3 hours ago, definitely correct. There were more expensive fabrics but these felt good and were the cheapest (I am on a budget) This is my first time with Tailor On Ten but not my first time getting tailored clothing, I have used tailors many times before.

Ok.. They told me their cheapest pants was 3000 baht. Didnt know there is a 2000 baht pants. Is urs china chinos fabric?I went there a month ago. Chose their medium range.

EviLAng3L 03-08-2012 12:13 PM

Does crown or boss provide better quality fabric? do they actually tailor short sleeve shirt ?

TiggerD 03-08-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 68806631)
Ok.. They told me their cheapest pants was 3000 baht. Didnt know there is a 2000 baht pants. Is urs china chinos fabric?I went there a month ago. Chose their medium range.

I went in for my fitting today, it made me very happy. Shirt was very slim fit (just what I wanted) and a perfect size. The pants also fit me really well, they did not have the hem stitched as they wanted to confirm the length which was correct. They only made me the one shirt at first to check size and will deliver the others tonight, makes sense incase it didn't fit so well. I am pretty happy with the whole experience.

Ben (owner) said that they have just introduced their blended suit and shirt line in the last few weeks so that explains why you didn't know Tenz1204. They have 2 shirt tailors working in the shop and you can watch them making your shirt infront of you which was different to the others I have been to who seem to just send to a factory somewhere.

One thing I would say is that they need to get a tuk tuk as they are at the end of soi 8 and its a 5 minute walk or so in the sun. I will make a suit with them next time I am back in Bangkok for sure.

tomsherry 04-08-2012 01:18 PM

Bangkok Custom Tailors

Hi people,

If you are in Bangkok trip and attracted to perfect suits customization then I would like to recommend about Bangkok custom tailor (Toms Fashion) in one of them for provide better quality and satisfaction and I have used this tailor many times before.

Regards,

bigass 06-08-2012 09:56 PM

Just done 4 pcs of shirts at Crown. Well service overall is not not bad, and to play safe try to go to those recommended by fellow forumers. It shldn't go wrong. Pcs and mixed advices ard the thread so do your homework before going down.

Do noted that taxi drivers do manual charge during peak hrs hence you can tk mrt to NaNa station and alight on the left with your back facing the ctrl stn.

Another most mentioned tailor is Men on ten. Its located in the far stretch of Soi 8. If u see crown, just further walk all the way into the street. U will pass by many pubs and restaruants. Its located on your left where u are facing into the street.

Cheers

natas 06-08-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pin_loon (Post 68802292)
Thanks. My thai friend recommended me Bangkok Fashions. Did anyone patron it before?

They have been there quite long. My 1st suit from them about 10 yrs ago.

d3n 07-08-2012 10:29 AM

hi guys,

i am going to BKK this sept.

previously I had two cufflink shirt made with Pinky.

would like to try a different tailor this time round. but not making cufflink shirt this time.

reasons for changing is not cos i am not satisfied with Pinky just that i find their cloth selection very little (the last time i went 2 years ago).

any recommendation?

i see a long list on this thread and its difficult to read so many pages.