www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

sspirits 10-08-2012 01:55 PM

Hi. Does anyone know of any tailors that is willing to do measurements and fitting at your hotel rooms?

d3n 10-08-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sspirits (Post 69002819)
Hi. Does anyone know of any tailors that is willing to do measurements and fitting at your hotel rooms?

cfm need to pay extra. why so lazy? dun get out of your hotel rm? :s13:

grantt 10-08-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3n (Post 69003860)
cfm need to pay extra. why so lazy? dun get out of your hotel rm? :s13:

HAHAHAHA - he is busy with the missus ;), or wait..not the missus, but the real reason you are in bangkok !!

i am sure most tailors will offer it at an extra cost. If they can deliver to hotel, they must be able to offer services? Or, maybe not? I have no idea!

grantt 10-08-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3n (Post 68919053)
hi guys,

i am going to BKK this sept.

previously I had two cufflink shirt made with Pinky.

would like to try a different tailor this time round. but not making cufflink shirt this time.

reasons for changing is not cos i am not satisfied with Pinky just that i find their cloth selection very little (the last time i went 2 years ago).

any recommendation?

i see a long list on this thread and its difficult to read so many pages.

Make it easy for you -

Boss
Crown
TOT

Three shops most talked bout on this thread.

Jordan Chang 13-08-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sspirits (Post 69002819)
Hi. Does anyone know of any tailors that is willing to do measurements and fitting at your hotel rooms?

most tailors would, but it is not recommended. you might not get a good selection of cloths.

d3n 13-08-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 69016757)
Make it easy for you -

Boss
Crown
TOT

Three shops most talked bout on this thread.

sorry to trouble you again... any price range for a business shirt (non cuffs) for these 3? :D

d3n 13-08-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Chang (Post 69085846)
most tailors would, but it is not recommended. you might not get a good selection of cloths.

yah, had to consider this.

TiggerD 14-08-2012 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3n (Post 69086541)
sorry to trouble you again... any price range for a business shirt (non cuffs) for these 3? :D

Tailor On Ten shirts sell at 1100thb per shirt per shirt. I think it's cheaper if you buy 4. They are the only that actually have the shirt tailors working in the shop. Crown has a good reputation too but I have not tried them. Let us know who you go with and what you think of the quality.

fass74 14-08-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fass74 (Post 66801268)
Thinking of trying tailor on ten or narin on my next trip, just trying to convince my bank account :D

I'll give another feedback when I'm done trying all the shirts from Boss and Crown

Having worn the shirts from both shops for a few months, here's my impression:
Material from Crown does seem to hold up better. Stitching also more symmetrical. I was gonna say they have attention to detail until i noticed that the contrast on the inside of my cuff, which has red dashes on a black background, is vertical on one and horizontal on the other. Fortunately the pattern is quite fine so you can't spot it unless you look closely. I wish they made my shirts a little longer because the sides seem to pop out of my pants a little too often. Overall I'll still be happy to go back to them for shirts, just have to pay attention to the "problem" areas.

Material seems a little less stiff and as a result feels less sharp. Standing in front of a mirror it looks fine but when I look down my shirt, I can see waves in the placket. I think someone else has mentioned that they will go to Boss for their everyday work shirts and I think if you are on a budget, they are not too shabby.

d3n 14-08-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerD (Post 69100865)
Tailor On Ten shirts sell at 1100thb per shirt per shirt. I think it's cheaper if you buy 4. They are the only that actually have the shirt tailors working in the shop. Crown has a good reputation too but I have not tried them. Let us know who you go with and what you think of the quality.

thanks! this is walk in rate? cos their website states 1700 baht... :D

grantt 15-08-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3n (Post 69086541)
sorry to trouble you again... any price range for a business shirt (non cuffs) for these 3? :D

Crown starts at 1000 Baht and i think Boss starts at 950 Baht. TOT used to be 1700 as per the website, didn't know about 1100 shirts till the previous poster.

As a warning - Boss does not do felled seams (which is nearly a must for tailored shirts nowadays), but Crown and TOT does. So be wary of that.

Email them all and see what they say about timings that you have so that you can plan ahead.

TiggerD 15-08-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 69125797)
Crown starts at 1000 Baht and i think Boss starts at 950 Baht. TOT used to be 1700 as per the website, didn't know about 1100 shirts till the previous poster.

As a warning - Boss does not do felled seams (which is nearly a must for tailored shirts nowadays), but Crown and TOT does. So be wary of that.

Email them all and see what they say about timings that you have so that you can plan ahead.

Yeah, I paid 1100 baht for my shirts, but they their cheapest shirts are 1000thb each, I think it's extra if you want fancy designs or mother of pearl buttons (I got the buttons, love them) but thats why mine were 1100thb...I just checked their website, it doesn't mention the 1000thb shirts but they are in the upstairs, there is a big room full of them. Does anyone have any experience ordering them online? I worry that they won't be the same. Thoughts?

tenz1204 15-08-2012 06:54 PM

I have been to TOT too. Didn't know they have 1000 bahts, I was there in June. And I thought their cheapest pants is 3000. the upstairs I went was a big changing room.

d3n 15-08-2012 08:37 PM

TOT seems quite transparent with their pricing... while crown website doesn't put.

think i will just give TOT a try. :)

joie 17-08-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerD (Post 69100865)
Tailor On Ten shirts sell at 1100thb per shirt per shirt. I think it's cheaper if you buy 4. They are the only that actually have the shirt tailors working in the shop. Crown has a good reputation too but I have not tried them. Let us know who you go with and what you think of the quality.


Ben from Tailor On Ten has replied to my enquiry and quoted me THB 1,700 for ladies shirts. Do they really sell shirts at THB 1,100?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.