www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

TiggerD 18-08-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joie (Post 69204455)
Ben from Tailor On Ten has replied to my enquiry and quoted me THB 1,700 for ladies shirts. Do they really sell shirts at THB 1,100?

They are selling blended cotton for 1000thb not 100% cotton. 100% high quality cotton at 1700thb and I don't know the other prices. The prices for the blended cotton are not on the website....I have just ordered 2 more shirts online and I mentioned that the 1000thb shirts are not online...will let you know what they say about that.

There are loads of fabrics downstairs but the upstairs room is full of shirt fabrics too...

joie 18-08-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerD (Post 69208563)
They are selling blended cotton for 1000thb not 100% cotton. 100% high quality cotton at 1700thb and I don't know the other prices. The prices for the blended cotton are not on the website....I have just ordered 2 more shirts online and I mentioned that the 1000thb shirts are not online...will let you know what they say about that.

There are loads of fabrics downstairs but the upstairs room is full of shirt fabrics too...

Thanks for your update. They have told me they are blended cotton. I will drop by to check out the fabrics when I'm in Bangkok next month. I'm assuming they have done a good job since you are ordering 2 more shirts. Do keep us posted.

tomsherry 20-08-2012 01:16 PM

Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Chang (Post 69085846)
most tailors would, but it is not recommended. you might not get a good selection of cloths.

Yeah, i agreed with your suggestions and I would like to recommend about toms fashion tailor in bkk.

Henabi 21-08-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 69016757)
Make it easy for you -

Boss
Crown
TOT

Three shops most talked bout on this thread.

i will be staying at Citin Pratanum... any of these three near this hotel?

LH0779 22-08-2012 04:28 PM

just need some advice. I got my friend to help me tailor 2 pair of pants for my husband last month (i pass my friend one of his pants to get the tailor to follow). but the cutting was really off, the tapered pants became baggy pants.

I'll be going to BKK next month, so should I bring the pants back to the same tailor in bangkok to alter for free. or I should just get my husband to get it alter at a singapore tailor. cost is definitely a considering factor as i'm not sure how much SIN tailor will charge for such alteration.

tenz1204 22-08-2012 06:15 PM

Pass it to the same tailor to alter.

drgame871 23-08-2012 01:34 PM

What are Crown's 100% cotton shirts' prices like? ToT is 1700baht. Considering btw these 2.

Condor 24-08-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 69125797)
Crown starts at 1000 Baht and i think Boss starts at 950 Baht. TOT used to be 1700 as per the website, didn't know about 1100 shirts till the previous poster.

As a warning - Boss does not do felled seams (which is nearly a must for tailored shirts nowadays), but Crown and TOT does. So be wary of that.

Email them all and see what they say about timings that you have so that you can plan ahead.

Actually Boss does felled seams. It's Pinky that does not.

I'm headed to BKK on Sat evening and will make more shirts. Likely giving Boss a pass this time. My older Pinky shirts are holding up much better than my newer Boss'. Again, this trip no time for Narin, but may try Tanika and Ten.

interest 25-08-2012 08:55 PM

newman exclusive

was back from bkk with some tailored made shirts and pants at newman exclusive in amari hotel.the experience was very bad, staff was rude and arrogant and can tell not very skilled. Only the boss was friendly and professional , but was not there the few time when i go for fitting.
1st visit, boss arnd, all very friendly , measurement was done.

2nd visit for fitting , went there at instructed time but was made to go shop around for 1 or 2 hr because the things have not arrived. sounded off a fault on my gf skirt but was told it was ok by the staff.

3rd visit for 2nd fitting ,was assured to be able to come anytime in the morning by the unprofessional staff , in the end he say have to wait 1 hr because send to factory for initials to be done ,was very frustrated, because they seem to treat our time as though made to wait for them , i have to kick up a fuss to make my stuff come earlier for trying, tried again and the fault sounded off earlier by my gf seems to be more obvious, so consulted the boss when he was back and he say yuup it shl be amended since it looks ugly because of it.blazer was nt good too , but the staff cant tell whats wrong until the boss had a look to correct it.

Last fitting and collection day, the boss wasnt arnd , the staff was bossy,I was questioned by him rudely when i want to try the new shirt which he thought i had tried earlier on, which i nv, gf skirt was still the same , when sounded off to him, he was arrogant and say just leave it if dont like rudely, no intention to correct it at all. had a heated up argument with that idiot and took less than what we ordered, obviously do not want to do much business or continue to with them.

All and all i just want to say is we dont mind if it was slow as we want it done well too but we do mind if he said the timing and assured us for nothing because it will screw up our schedule and definitely frustrate us especially when the staff was rude and giving all kind of excuses.

tenz1204 25-08-2012 10:09 PM

Up for awareness. I am curious how baht did you pay for your tailored clothes.

grantt 26-08-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drgame871 (Post 69349488)
What are Crown's 100% cotton shirts' prices like? ToT is 1700baht. Considering btw these 2.

Crown is 1500.

And apologies for my misunderstanding above. So Boss does do felled seams and pinky doesn't. Will keep that in mind!

Interest - sounds like you had a horrible experience! I really hope you didn't pay up your balance and as the above poster said, i'm curious to know your total costings too.

interest 27-08-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 69411713)
Up for awareness. I am curious how baht did you pay for your tailored clothes.

the clothes about 41 42 sgd pants 68 60 sgd

interest 27-08-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mambofever (Post 66335976)
good idea. the last time i did at Amari Paul's Fashion.. Around 750 baht i think one shirt and pants arnd 60SGd..

hi mambo, whats the quality of the shirt like? 2 ply ? 100% cotton , if really so,750 bahts is really gd deal

tenz1204 27-08-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by interest (Post 69448210)
the clothes about 41 42 sgd pants 68 60 sgd

I did my shirt for sgd$59 and pants for 79.. Still good after 1 yr wear..fitting is also all right.

Bishio 27-08-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by interest (Post 69448997)
hi mambo, whats the quality of the shirt like? 2 ply ? 100% cotton , if really so,750 bahts is really gd deal

i dun think one can get 100% cotton shirts under 1500 bhat.