www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

TiggerD 28-08-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drgame871 (Post 69349488)
What are Crown's 100% cotton shirts' prices like? ToT is 1700baht. Considering btw these 2.

Just got my two shirts that I ordered from Tailor On Ten by post. Perfect fit, just like the other ones I got in the shop. It didn't take long at all. I have no complaints. The only hard thing is not being able to look at the fabrics and touch them. But you can see photos on the website.

At Tailor On Ten for 1700thb you get 100% cotton, initials embroidered, contrast fabric inside collar or whatever other fancy detail you want and mother of pearl buttons, so no extra charge.
Someone said Crown does it for 1500thb...does this include the embroidery, contrasting fabric and so on? I thought that these details were extra?
My boss uses Crown and is happy, I'm happy with TOT, I guess you can't go wrong if you use either.
To whoever wants to go to a Tailor close to their hotels I would say just go to Soi 8 its worth not getting a disappointment.
I have not washed my shirts yet so I don't know if they shrink...I hope not because they will be too small.they said they were pre shrunk.....I will let you know....by the way, anyone used a tailor in Hong Kong?

Condor 30-08-2012 09:06 PM

Prior to this trip I wanted to stay away from Boss as the durability is not quite there and the consistency and accuracy of details/requests are often wrong.

After this trip, I decided to strike them off my list of tailor deserving a mention. From 850b/shirt that I paid for previously, they now quoted me 1200b before finally saying that cannot be done for 1100b. The "premium" was for my designs. Granted, they are not the typical design, but nearly want to quote me a 50% premium (850 -> 1200)?!?! For this price, I would just head to Pinky or Crown.

I found another tailor, Jim Man, just beside Narin. 1000b/shirt, but gotten some discount for 5 shirts. Thai Chinese, with in house tailor. Communications a bit hard, but I managed with paper cuts for my design requests. No extra charge for contrast, inners, cuffs, collars, etc. Monogram costs 100b more though that I gave a pass.

Fabric selection not extensive and not high quality. Some fabrics unmoved for a while, can see yellow patches (due to sun exposure?). Limited whites, and fabric generally rather thin. Eager to please though. Very accommodating. First look workmanship acceptable. House style slightly different, perhaps consider not too trendy? Collar was smaller ~0.5" narrower? The fit is probably not ideal as it was a little "too slim" cut. If the fabric shrinks, good luck to me. Anyway, just to try them out. If not too shabby, I'll just bring along a shirt for them to copy next time as replacement for Boss.

Made 4 shirts and a trouser at Pinky. Pricey yes but the service and durability and cut should make up for it. Trouser 2k, shirts 2k, 1.5k, 1k * 2. Added 300b each shirt for my design before finally getting some discount. This time I asked for felled seams and I got them. One of my shirt design turn out pretty good and Nom made a copy for himself.

Initially though of going TOT and vaguely remember it being along the same Soi and Crown. Walked half the Soi or so and didn't see any sign and decided to turn back instead. Not too determined haha, maybe next round instead.

grantt 04-09-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 69544875)
Prior to this trip I wanted to stay away from Boss as the durability is not quite there and the consistency and accuracy of details/requests are often wrong.

After this trip, I decided to strike them off my list of tailor deserving a mention. From 850b/shirt that I paid for previously, they now quoted me 1200b before finally saying that cannot be done for 1100b. The "premium" was for my designs. Granted, they are not the typical design, but nearly want to quote me a 50% premium (850 -> 1200)?!?! For this price, I would just head to Pinky or Crown.

I found another tailor, Jim Man, just beside Narin. 1000b/shirt, but gotten some discount for 5 shirts. Thai Chinese, with in house tailor. Communications a bit hard, but I managed with paper cuts for my design requests. No extra charge for contrast, inners, cuffs, collars, etc. Monogram costs 100b more though that I gave a pass.

Fabric selection not extensive and not high quality. Some fabrics unmoved for a while, can see yellow patches (due to sun exposure?). Limited whites, and fabric generally rather thin. Eager to please though. Very accommodating. First look workmanship acceptable. House style slightly different, perhaps consider not too trendy? Collar was smaller ~0.5" narrower? The fit is probably not ideal as it was a little "too slim" cut. If the fabric shrinks, good luck to me. Anyway, just to try them out. If not too shabby, I'll just bring along a shirt for them to copy next time as replacement for Boss.

Made 4 shirts and a trouser at Pinky. Pricey yes but the service and durability and cut should make up for it. Trouser 2k, shirts 2k, 1.5k, 1k * 2. Added 300b each shirt for my design before finally getting some discount. This time I asked for felled seams and I got them. One of my shirt design turn out pretty good and Nom made a copy for himself.

Initially though of going TOT and vaguely remember it being along the same Soi and Crown. Walked half the Soi or so and didn't see any sign and decided to turn back instead. Not too determined haha, maybe next round instead.

Lazy lazy lazy guy you are! You're missing out the good stuff at Crown and TOT it seems! hahahahaha.

Anyone have new designs they done that want to share? I saw some interesting designs lately myself and think it's time to re-send a new order in..ahh..- can't stop this at all! Kinda getting expensive!

xtwis7 04-09-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerD (Post 69471948)
Just got my two shirts that I ordered from Tailor On Ten by post. Perfect fit, just like the other ones I got in the shop. It didn't take long at all. I have no complaints. The only hard thing is not being able to look at the fabrics and touch them. But you can see photos on the website.

At Tailor On Ten for 1700thb you get 100% cotton, initials embroidered, contrast fabric inside collar or whatever other fancy detail you want and mother of pearl buttons, so no extra charge.
Someone said Crown does it for 1500thb...does this include the embroidery, contrasting fabric and so on? I thought that these details were extra?
My boss uses Crown and is happy, I'm happy with TOT, I guess you can't go wrong if you use either.
To whoever wants to go to a Tailor close to their hotels I would say just go to Soi 8 its worth not getting a disappointment.
I have not washed my shirts yet so I don't know if they shrink...I hope not because they will be too small.they said they were pre shrunk.....I will let you know....by the way, anyone used a tailor in Hong Kong?

Care to share some pics? I was actually decided on Crown. But I think I'm just going to stick with TOT and whack a few shirts plus pants. How did the 2200 baht fabrics feel? I'm quite sad they don't offer contrast in polka dot as it's my favorite pattern.

d3n 05-09-2012 01:41 AM

just made 2 TOT shirt yesterday. later go do fitting.

bought a 1700 baht and 2200 baht shirt.

:)

the place quite easy to find. go to sukhumvit soi 8... walk right to the end. look on your left and u see an atas house shop with rocky stone steps leading to the house shop.

gnixer 05-09-2012 12:23 PM

getting close a $100 to make one.

tenz1204 05-09-2012 03:58 PM

I am going to TOT and Crown tomorrow too. Will give you review about the experience.

d3n 06-09-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3n (Post 69676875)
just made 2 TOT shirt yesterday. later go do fitting.

bought a 1700 baht and 2200 baht shirt.

:)

the place quite easy to find. go to sukhumvit soi 8... walk right to the end. look on your left and u see an atas house shop with rocky stone steps leading to the house shop.

just went back to do fitting yesterday... its perfect! no further alteration required. very satisfied. looking forward to receive my new shirt on fri. :D

fass74 06-09-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerD (Post 69471948)

I know Crown do charge for initials and contrast individually for the lower end range so if you do both at Crown, it will be even more expensive than ToT. I'll give ToT a go when I head there next month

xtwis7 06-09-2012 04:15 PM

I'm thinking of getting around 5 shirts from TOT when I visit next Sat. Maybe 2 1000 baht, 2 1700 baht and 1 2200 baht shirt for a special occasion.

tenz1204 07-09-2012 09:31 AM

I went to TOT yesterday. Saw the 1000 range fabric. Didn't quite like the fabric, choice were limited too. Chose the 1700 and 2200 eventually.

Pro: very structured way of taking details of shirt making
Right to choosing the type of buttons
Con: Contrast fabric availability is pathetic.
Totally discouraged the will to do contrast, other shops let u mix and match. TOT seems too structured to try anything not from the norm. Doing Fitting later, will be back for another review.

d3n 07-09-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 69724849)
I went to TOT yesterday. Saw the 1000 range fabric. Didn't quite like the fabric, choice were limited too. Chose the 1700 and 2200 eventually.

Pro: very structured way of taking details of shirt making
Right to choosing the type of buttons
Con: Contrast fabric availability is pathetic.
Totally discouraged the will to do contrast, other shops let u mix and match. TOT seems too structured to try anything not from the norm. Doing Fitting later, will be back for another review.

haha same... initially tot of making 1000 baht shirts then end up spent on 1700 and 2200 baht shirts.

i ask for white collar over my shirt. looks nice on the fabric i choosen.

tenz1204 07-09-2012 04:44 PM

At 1st, I thought they are quite high end until they introduced their 1000 range. It is good to test workmanship on the 1000 for beginner.

tenz1204 07-09-2012 04:48 PM

I visited them a few months ago and tried one of the mid range pants at 5600, this month, they revised their price to 4600.(similar material) Guess they figured out in their location which is so far end, if they still pitch at such high price, hard for people to go and make.

tenz1204 07-09-2012 08:08 PM

1st fitting done, not very good. Will hold on the review till tomorrow. Hope tomorrow is the final fitting.