www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

d3n 08-09-2012 12:28 AM

just received my shirts! they (TOT) give me two complimentary ties (reversible)! i am a satisfied man. :D

tenz1204 08-09-2012 09:19 PM

I had the 2 ties too cos there were quite a few amendments, they intend to ship it over. I don't need the shirts urgently as I still have plenty of them from my last visit from another tailor.

Service was pretty good but guess this is the 1st time they do my shirt so cannot compare with my usual tailor.

Didn't do any from crown this round cos the swatches they showed me (8 booklets) , none of the fabric caught my eye.

Hope they have new collection of fabric soon :)

Craze_One 10-09-2012 12:45 PM

Hey guys!

I'll be traveling to Bangkok this coming Friday morning and will be leaving on Sunday afternoon. There's a few things I wish to check, so please bear with me. Is my stay duration sufficient to tailor a shirt or two and would the timing be decreased if I brought a sample shirt along? From what I gather, brothers here are recommending Pinky, Crown and TOT.

Throughout the duration of my stay, I'll be at Grand Centara that is supposedly opposite Platinum Mall. And this will be my first time in Bangkok. So I am also wondering which of the three shop is nearer to my location? I'll try my best to find the shop as I'll be travelling alone.

With regards to the prices, I see that most of the shop has different grade which also command different prices. And some brothers here has different prices for the same shop at times. So I'm a little lost but at the moment, I'm actually looking for a 2-ply shirt rather than a 1-ply because I recently got myself a 1-ply 100% Egyptian Cotton and I don't really fancy the fact that I can see my nipples. Haha!

So can any of the brothers here guide me as to which shop would be a better choice and what is the price range like? Inclusive of the contrast and whatever details I wish to get? And it doesn't have to be 100% Egyptian Cotton either. I'm okie with the feel of those from G2000.

Thanks all!

Jordan Chang 10-09-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 69734596)
I visited them a few months ago and tried one of the mid range pants at 5600, this month, they revised their price to 4600.(similar material) Guess they figured out in their location which is so far end, if they still pitch at such high price, hard for people to go and make.

wow...that would be close to S$200 for a pair of pants. :look:

tenz1204 10-09-2012 07:21 PM

Yup. Very expensive so I expect quality. Pants is so far fine. Shirts is still pending review.

xtwis7 11-09-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craze_One (Post 69794097)
Hey guys!

I'll be traveling to Bangkok this coming Friday morning and will be leaving on Sunday afternoon. There's a few things I wish to check, so please bear with me. Is my stay duration sufficient to tailor a shirt or two and would the timing be decreased if I brought a sample shirt along? From what I gather, brothers here are recommending Pinky, Crown and TOT.

Throughout the duration of my stay, I'll be at Grand Centara that is supposedly opposite Platinum Mall. And this will be my first time in Bangkok. So I am also wondering which of the three shop is nearer to my location? I'll try my best to find the shop as I'll be travelling alone.

With regards to the prices, I see that most of the shop has different grade which also command different prices. And some brothers here has different prices for the same shop at times. So I'm a little lost but at the moment, I'm actually looking for a 2-ply shirt rather than a 1-ply because I recently got myself a 1-ply 100% Egyptian Cotton and I don't really fancy the fact that I can see my nipples. Haha!

So can any of the brothers here guide me as to which shop would be a better choice and what is the price range like? Inclusive of the contrast and whatever details I wish to get? And it doesn't have to be 100% Egyptian Cotton either. I'm okie with the feel of those from G2000.

Thanks all!

If you're staying opposite platinum mall then i think Pinky is nearest? Crown and TOT are both on TOT I think.

Bishio 11-09-2012 03:02 PM

hi may i know what are the recommended tailors, their locations, opening hours, workmanship and how fast they tailor the clothes

Craze_One 11-09-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 69819991)
If you're staying opposite platinum mall then i think Pinky is nearest? Crown and TOT are both on TOT I think.

Thank you for the reply. I tried googling for them and found that Pinky has a website. I guess I'll either settle for Pinky or TOT. Out of curiousity, do they accept Visa?

d3n 11-09-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craze_One (Post 69831479)
Thank you for the reply. I tried googling for them and found that Pinky has a website. I guess I'll either settle for Pinky or TOT. Out of curiousity, do they accept Visa?

TOT doesn't have a pos machine... if pay by visa got to do by paypal... additional 4%

pinky i forget already cos last time i pay in cash.

xtwis7 12-09-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craze_One (Post 69831479)

I think always better to pay in cash. Who knows what kind of exchange rate you will be charged at.

grantt 12-09-2012 10:41 AM

recommended stores on this forum include Crown, TOT & pinky (not as much anymore)? Since crown & tot in soi 8, maybe best to look into that area to pick the store? All 3 stores have a website!

Craze_One 12-09-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 69837824)
I think always better to pay in cash. Who knows what kind of exchange rate you will be charged at.

I was thinking the same thing but I'm afraid that I might go crazy making the shirts and won't have any spare cash left. Since it's only a 3 days and 2 nights trip, I'm only going to change SGD$300 - SGD$400. But I'll probably heed your advice. Thanks!

d3n 12-09-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craze_One (Post 69854167)
I was thinking the same thing but I'm afraid that I might go crazy making the shirts and won't have any spare cash left. Since it's only a 3 days and 2 nights trip, I'm only going to change SGD$300 - SGD$400. But I'll probably heed your advice. Thanks!

since u are going to tailor, better set aside at least $200 more for it.

grantt 13-09-2012 09:40 AM

maybe $300 hahahahhaha

xtwis7 13-09-2012 10:53 AM

Don't throw down the bomb if it's the first try. You can try 2 different ranges, 2 shirts max each and 1 pants. That's what I'm going to do so total about $300 sgd like this.