www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

Craze_One 13-09-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 69864949)
Don't throw down the bomb if it's the first try. You can try 2 different ranges, 2 shirts max each and 1 pants. That's what I'm going to do so total about $300 sgd like this.

I doubt I'll be doing pants since I have my regular tailor in SG and so far he has managed to do what I want with no fuss. But am thinking of getting at least 2 shirts.

For those who are curious, Ben from TOT replied my query and confirm that TOT does not accept payment in CC. He also mentioned that it takes only a day to tailor the shirts.

Bishio 13-09-2012 11:35 AM

hi how much do the shirt and pants price range from?

planning to do 2 shirt 1 pants. first time to tailor

anything i shld take note?

how time in the morning shld i go to the tailor? what time they open?

what are the recommended tailors? TOT, Boss, Pinky, Crown

i only will be there 3d2n. hope can get my tailoring done and collect before i leave bkk

Sinkie 13-09-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bishio (Post 69865848)

i only will be there 3d2n. hope can get my tailoring done and collect before i leave bkk

make sure you are tailoring cotton, and not polyester

last time i went, they told me and insisted that it is cotton, but came back is polyester

and also make sure when u do fitting, fit all the shirts, dont just do one fitting and say ok and go

Craze_One 13-09-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

You can check out their individual websites and compare. Now I'm torn between Crown and TOT. Though TOT does free monogram and a few other freebies. And I believe they open at 10:00AM every day except for Sunday.

What to look out for is definitely the fitting. Make sure it's to your liking. Afterall, you are the one who's going to wear them. As for material wise, I can't comment much but once I'm there I'll definitely leave a review.

xtwis7 13-09-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

I'm going to try TOT when I reach on Saturday. Shirts are at 1000,1700 or 2200 baht. Other premium mills are also available at 3000-5000 baht. All ranges are available in 1/2 ply so I think best is to ask them for a side by side comparison if you don't know how to tell. I emailed Ben a few days ago and he's been prompt in replying my mails. Will update my experience on Saturday.

Bishio 13-09-2012 02:21 PM

i think need 2 ply. 1 ply too thin can see nipples.

100% cooton will cost how much? prefer a cheap and nice comfortable shirt is enough.

wonder how much would be the cheapest one.

not gonna do monograms etc. prefer a simple shirt, easier to make and faster.

not much time.

will go for multiple fittings as time permits.

Need a pants. my waist too small. 26-28 lol

xtwis7 13-09-2012 05:01 PM

I even asked Ben for the update of weather in BKK and not only he gave me update on the current situation, he asked me to get a brolly once I reach or from the hotel since it's raining almost everyday.

tenz1204 13-09-2012 06:05 PM

Yes, please try on every piece of your tailored clothes before you pay the balance and leave the shop. I just came back last week visiting TOT. Served by Emma and Nike when Ben and Alex were away. No doubt service was good, workmanship still needs improvement, i gave them my feedback telling them that one of the shirts has button alignment problem at the cuff and allowance for watch was given on the wrong sleeve. I thought this is very basic thing. Though they have a very structured form, tailor wrote down info. on their form in thai lang. Still make this type of mistake.

TOT offered me to send back to them to make changes, quite good after service but it is troublesome. I still have 2 shirts with them on the way to Singapore.

TOT,if you are reading this, hope these coming 2 shirts can make it, if not really cui. I wont visit liao.

And please add more type of contrast fabric in near future. Those who went recently, do you agree with me that their contrast fabric is really cmi. Other tailors allow contrast fabric from any cloth on the shelves.

My honest comments.

tenz1204 13-09-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craze_One (Post 69865423)
I doubt I'll be doing pants since I have my regular tailor in SG and so far he has managed to do what I want with no fuss. But am thinking of getting at least 2 shirts.

For those who are curious, Ben from TOT replied my query and confirm that TOT does not accept payment in CC. He also mentioned that it takes only a day to tailor the shirts.

Hi Craze one how much does your tailor charge you for pants in sg? I have been making pants in BKK pricing range from 1500 baht all the way to 5600 baht. If sg has reasonable pricing and reasonable workmanship, i probably wont visit bkk so often liao.

Craze_One 13-09-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 69875040)
Hi Craze one how much does your tailor charge you for pants in sg? I have been making pants in BKK pricing range from 1500 baht all the way to 5600 baht. If sg has reasonable pricing and reasonable workmanship, i probably wont visit bkk so often liao.

My tailor charges 3 for $100, 3 for $200 and 3 for $300 even. Of course it's different quality of cloth for each tier but there's the option to mix and match. There's quite a few tailors that charges around the same. Probably for me I'm just comfortable with my tailor as he knows exactly what I want.

Craze_One 14-09-2012 04:14 PM

Just placed an order for 2 shirts with Crown. With contrasts and some details, total was THB$2,750. Will be going for fitting tomorrow. Will post pictures once the shirts are ready.

xtwis7 16-09-2012 03:17 PM

I did 4 shirts and 1 pants at TOT. One of each from each range except one more for the 1000 baht one. Emma and her staff were extremely friendly and I must say their service is really top notch. They don't push to sell their luxury range and they are in absolutely no hurry to finish serving you. Each shirt was done differently and I had an extremely difficult time deciding what to choose.

On top of what I chose for contrast, they suggested another fabric which I liked even more so kudos to their initiative. Of course a 2-ply shirt at 2200 baht might be pricey but even the other ranges fabric are not that inferior as to what people think. They were honest in saying their cotton is Chinese cotton. Looking forward to my fitting tmr.

Jordan Chang 17-09-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craze_One (Post 69875511)
My tailor charges 3 for $100, 3 for $200 and 3 for $300 even. Of course it's different quality of cloth for each tier but there's the option to mix and match. There's quite a few tailors that charges around the same. Probably for me I'm just comfortable with my tailor as he knows exactly what I want.

can you share your tailor's details? mine used to be running their biz from a make-shift stall (those who rent the space in front of hdb shops. :s13:) but have since close down. i prefer making pants in SG as it is cheaper and easier to alter (if need to).

Craze_One 17-09-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Chang (Post 69970171)
can you share your tailor's details? mine used to be running their biz from a make-shift stall (those who rent the space in front of hdb shops. :s13:) but have since close down. i prefer making pants in SG as it is cheaper and easier to alter (if need to).

Where do you stay bro? My tailor is located in Tampines.

xtwis7 17-09-2012 08:45 PM

Just finished first fitting done by Ben. It was spot on, length of shirt was great and the fit is as per what I expected. The only change needed was to move the buttons on the left cuff slightly due to my fat watch. Pants was perfect as well. Just wanted to give a bit more allowance for a heavy meal so asked him to give me extra quarter inch. Contrast turned out well and even my family was surprised how well it look. Sorry no pics as I went there at 6 and didn't want to take up their time that could be used for tailoring. Would definitely make TOT my tailor anytime.