www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

d3n 17-09-2012 10:19 PM

handwashed TOT shirts.... after dry already... very wrinkled...

one cost 1.7K baht and the other 2.2K baht.... :s22:

my previous shirts from pinky wrinkle free.

xtwis7 17-09-2012 10:50 PM

I don't know even if Egyptian cotton will wrinkle after washing and drying. Similarly for creasing, the shirt will crease as long as its cotton. Some people only iron before wearing. I learnt that after you iron, don't put the clothes into the wardrobe right after.

TiggerD 17-09-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craze_One (Post 69976072)
Where do you stay bro? My tailor is located in Tampines.

I use a tailor in Tampines sometimes to. Who do you use?

Craze_One 18-09-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 69976805)
Just finished first fitting done by Ben. It was spot on, length of shirt was great and the fit is as per what I expected. The only change needed was to move the buttons on the left cuff slightly due to my fat watch. Pants was perfect as well. Just wanted to give a bit more allowance for a heavy meal so asked him to give me extra quarter inch. Contrast turned out well and even my family was surprised how well it look. Sorry no pics as I went there at 6 and didn't want to take up their time that could be used for tailoring. Would definitely make TOT my tailor anytime.

Post some pictures when you're back bro.. I would love to see how shirts from TOT turns out. TOT does have nice fabric when I visited their shop during my short stay. I'll upload some pictures of my shirts that I got from crown.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 69980379)
I don't know even if Egyptian cotton will wrinkle after washing and drying. Similarly for creasing, the shirt will crease as long as its cotton. Some people only iron before wearing. I learnt that after you iron, don't put the clothes into the wardrobe right after.

100% Egyptian Cotton definitely will wrinkle after washing. As you mentioned, as long as it's 100% cotton, it will wrinkle no matter what. I try to avoid 100% Egyptian Cotton as it can sometimes be a "pain" to wear even though ita cooling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerD (Post 69981452)
I use a tailor in Tampines sometimes to. Who do you use?

I tailor at Xin En Tailoring. Sam does a great job. So far am happy with his workmanship. Measurements are spot on. What about you bro?

xtwis7 18-09-2012 05:35 PM

Sian. Cause of the bad weather my fitting which was supposed to be for 630pm got changed to tmr 10am and I'm leaving for airport latest around 1pm. Not that my clothes needed much changes since I only took 40 minutes for my first fitting.

Spidie 18-09-2012 06:36 PM

Anyone done Tailoring by Paul Fashion at Amari Watergate ?

Please advise is Paul Fashion good ?

Thanks

Jordan Chang 19-09-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craze_One (Post 69976072)
Where do you stay bro? My tailor is located in Tampines.

in the west. :(

xtwis7 19-09-2012 12:45 PM

Omw back to hotel before leaving for airport. Probably cannot get such service at other tailors other than TOT. Due to the early morning shower, his tailor was delayed so he checked if I could go at 11 instead of the initially agreed 10am but I was alr on tuktuk so just went ahead. Started last fitting around 1030am. Ben offered one complimentary tie for all the delays. He even paid for our taxi back to hotel even though its not much but its the gesture that shows how well he takes care of customers. At 2200 baht for a 2 ply 100% cotton it might seem pricey but other tailors aren't much cheaper for a pure 2-ply cotton shirt.

xtwis7 19-09-2012 10:37 PM

Here are my shirts from Tailor on Ten. Total dmg is 7900 baht incl. 1 free tie and a free taxi ride. Will try to post pics of fit and closeups after tomorrow.

From L-R:
Pink Oxford with checkered contrast (blend shirt)
White/Blue stripe with herringbone contrast (100% cotton)
White with floral contrast (100% cotton 2-ply)
Midnight checkered with black contrast (blend shirt)

http://i.imgur.com/CdgTM.jpg

Craze_One 19-09-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 70033963)
Here are my shirts from Tailor on Ten. Total dmg is 7900 baht incl. 1 free tie and a free taxi ride. Will try to post pics of fit and closeups after tomorrow.

From L-R:
Pink Oxford with checkered contrast (blend shirt)
White/Blue stripe with herringbone contrast (100% cotton)
White with floral contrast (100% cotton 2-ply)
Midnight checkered with black contrast (blend shirt)

http://i.imgur.com/CdgTM.jpg

Nice bro. What type of cuffs did you get for the shirts?

xtwis7 20-09-2012 07:27 AM

The pink and stripe are double button with mother of pearl. I got the portofino with the white as I wanted it to be for special occasions since its the most expensive among my shirts. Checkered is a french cuff.

gareth110983 26-09-2012 10:13 PM

I'm going to bangkok coming Monday to tailor some shirts. I'm staying in pratunam but wouldn't mind travelling to suhkumvit if there is a need.

Is there any tailors to recommend for the first time? Thinking of getting about 3 shirts and 2 pants. Anyone wanna join me?

ZacharyA 08-10-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gareth110983 (Post 70225758)
I'm going to bangkok coming Monday to tailor some shirts. I'm staying in pratunam but wouldn't mind travelling to suhkumvit if there is a need.

Is there any tailors to recommend for the first time? Thinking of getting about 3 shirts and 2 pants. Anyone wanna join me?

i'm gonna do the same too, about 2-3 shirts and 2 pants...

would like to know how long is the rushing time and will those "famous" tailors rush through their jobs to let us collect on time due to busy schedule??? read a couple of positive reviews on TOT however I did a check on their site and realised that their prices are kinda on a high side... shirts are going at $40~, 70~, 90~ pants $80 onwards...

will be around Pratunam area as well...

xtwis7 08-10-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZacharyA (Post 70516428)
i'm gonna do the same too, about 2-3 shirts and 2 pants...

would like to know how long is the rushing time and will those "famous" tailors rush through their jobs to let us collect on time due to busy schedule??? read a couple of positive reviews on TOT however I did a check on their site and realised that their prices are kinda on a high side... shirts are going at $40~, 70~, 90~ pants $80 onwards...

will be around Pratunam area as well...

$40/shirt still considered high? Cheaper than that have to go China alr. There's no such thing as egyptian cotton for $50 kind. Well, I'm not selling TOT but go give it a try. Just make 1 shirt 1 pants and experience the service for yourselves. If you all not satisfied, just give it a bad review. They will never promise you those "24 hours ready" standard. They really have a packed schedule but they will definitely schedule 1 fitting minimally for you depending on how close the first fitting is. If you're staying for 3d2n then it's really very rush even for any good tailor. You will need at least 3 days to be safe.

xtwis7 08-10-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gareth110983 (Post 70225758)

Sukhumvit is considered very near Pratunam actually. You will definitely want to check out Soi 8 as that is the main tailoring stretch. There's Crown, Raja, Tailor on Ten etc but I have only experienced TOT before. Satisfied? Yes. Repeat? Definitely. If others think that I sound too biased but if a retailer has won you over, why would you not recommend them?