www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

grantt 09-10-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 70523665)
Sukhumvit is considered very near Pratunam actually. You will definitely want to check out Soi 8 as that is the main tailoring stretch. There's Crown, Raja, Tailor on Ten etc but I have only experienced TOT before. Satisfied? Yes. Repeat? Definitely. If others think that I sound too biased but if a retailer has won you over, why would you not recommend them?

I would actually agree with your comments - just about all of them actually!

1. No shirts can get cheaper than $40 really!
2. Definitely no "egytian cotton" shirts that cheap as people think they are
3. Soi 8 does seem to be the main stretch as all those tailors are there
4. If you're happy with a tailor or a business, it's normal that you want others to know and share your happiness

I feel you and I myself am a satisfied customer of Crown (also on soi 8), so i think it probably makes sense for everyone here to head to soi 8 to check out the tailors since they're all so close by anyways! Walk in, have a stroll, look at fabrics, talk to them, and then make up a decision. Based on experience - crown is fantasic. Based on other's feedback on this forum - tot is also great. So it's really your own call - so buy where you feel like you want to.

Jordan Chang 09-10-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 70547226)
I would actually agree with your comments - just about all of them actually!

1. No shirts can get cheaper than $40 really!
2. Definitely no "egytian cotton" shirts that cheap as people think they are
3. Soi 8 does seem to be the main stretch as all those tailors are there
4. If you're happy with a tailor or a business, it's normal that you want others to know and share your happiness

I feel you and I myself am a satisfied customer of Crown (also on soi 8), so i think it probably makes sense for everyone here to head to soi 8 to check out the tailors since they're all so close by anyways! Walk in, have a stroll, look at fabrics, talk to them, and then make up a decision. Based on experience - crown is fantasic. Based on other's feedback on this forum - tot is also great. So it's really your own call - so buy where you feel like you want to.

have la...if you know where to look. i did 2 shirts in chiang mai for B600 each. 2 ply and still holding up well. =:p

for bkk, maybe boss avenue would be cheaper compared to pinky, crown or tot, but then again, it depends what you want. agree fully with grantt, no harming walking in, feel the fabric, talk to them etc. one man's recommendation may be another man's dissatisfaction.

iridrium 11-10-2012 12:28 AM

I just received my 4 shirts and one pants from TOT. I must say they are easily one of the better tailor in bkk. Professional and attention to details are there. Even though they are more costly than average run on the mill tailors in bkk, I feel that the service is unmatched (even better than crown in terms of workmanship and service).

I was quite hesitate to give my review as it may bring flood of Singaporean to their shop, but I decide I can't be selfish . Hee.

If you are like me, willing to pay a bit more for bespoke service and the feel good factor, go try TOT

xtwis7 11-10-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iridrium (Post 70596667)
I just received my 4 shirts and one pants from TOT. I must say they are easily one of the better tailor in bkk. Professional and attention to details are there. Even though they are more costly than average run on the mill tailors in bkk, I feel that the service is unmatched (even better than crown in terms of workmanship and service).

I was quite hesitate to give my review as it may bring flood of Singaporean to their shop, but I decide I can't be selfish . Hee.

If you are like me, willing to pay a bit more for bespoke service and the feel good factor, go try TOT

NPNT leh bro. Don't need fit pics but at least of the shirts. Same number you got as me too.

iridrium 11-10-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 70596805)
NPNT leh bro. Don't need fit pics but at least of the shirts. Same number you got as me too.

Purple checked shirt for friday dress down with portofino cuff. Rest is normal workshirts. Workmanship is excellent.:)

http://imageshack.us/a/img600/2109/photofle.jpg

Wanderer-in-Time 12-10-2012 07:32 AM

Well by the looks of it, I dont think the shirts are that great, I mean tailored shirts are ought to be better than what you can find in one of those branded stores right? or is it just me guys? please do tell...

xtwis7 12-10-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wanderer-in-Time (Post 70625301)
Well by the looks of it, I dont think the shirts are that great, I mean tailored shirts are ought to be better than what you can find in one of those branded stores right? or is it just me guys? please do tell...

You have probably not tailored before if you're asking this? Tailoring gives you all the freedom. Buying at the stores, you are always at the mercy of the labels. Its always about the better fit. And I believe the bro above likes to keep it simple. And for some, tailoring is a cheaper alternative.

Bishio 12-10-2012 10:13 AM

went to crown tailor at end sept. tailored 2 shirts and 1 pants.

sam and mana were not around, they went to USA.

Raj was the one who served me and his service is not bad.

Cheapest shirt was 1000 bhat onwards
Pants 2000 bhat onwards

i did 1200 bhat shirt, 80% cotton 20% polyester. As i do not want wrinkle easy shirts as 100% cotton shirts wrinkle easily.

Of course the nicer designs and shirt quality cost alot higher.


Will head to Rajawongse Tailor next time as my bro did his tailoring there and it was cheaper and Rajawongse is also a reputed tailor in bkk.

Shirts start at 800 bhat and pants at 1500 bhat

xtwis7 12-10-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bishio (Post 70627774)
went to crown tailor at end sept. tailored 2 shirts and 1 pants.

sam and mana were not around, they went to USA.

Raj was the one who served me and his service is not bad.

Cheapest shirt was 1000 bhat onwards
Pants 2000 bhat onwards

i did 1200 bhat shirt, 80% cotton 20% polyester. As i do not want wrinkle easy shirts as 100% cotton shirts wrinkle easily.

Of course the nicer designs and shirt quality cost alot higher.

Will head to Rajawongse Tailor next time as my bro did his tailoring there and it was cheaper and Rajawongse is also a reputed tailor in bkk.

Shirts start at 800 bhat and pants at 1500 bhat

Maybe you can post some pics. Actually I think most people do not realize that the weave pattern actually affects how much creasing. Take a solid oxford shirt and compare with a striped fabric shirt, the oxford creases a lot more and much more easily. I read that Raja is also highly rated and his prices seem to be very low. Till the next time. I wonder if can 1 trip visit 2-3 tailors and collect before return.

bluebluesky16 12-10-2012 12:33 PM

Ermmm anyone went Chiang Mai tailors before? can share some experience?

fass74 12-10-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wanderer-in-Time (Post 70625301)
Well by the looks of it, I dont think the shirts are that great, I mean tailored shirts are ought to be better than what you can find in one of those branded stores right? or is it just me guys? please do tell...

The biggest reason to tailor is because of the fit. Buying off the shelf will never fit you as well as a tailored piece unless you are one of those who happen to have the generic dimensions which manufacturers use. Honestly, a sharp fitting outfit with ordinary material will look much better than a branded off the shelf piece

gasband 12-10-2012 04:43 PM

I think for those who are wondering about quality of Bangkok tailors, stop wondering, just do a shirt at each of the tailor and you would know.

I have done tailoring in Bangkok ever since I started working 10 years ago since I go to BKK a few times a year. But I have stopped since 2 years ago but I have never think that Bangkok tailors are bad or anything.

I have done a few tailors in Bangkok, popular ones, not so popular ones, I have done one shirt and I have done 10 shirts at one go too. The good thing about BKK tailors is cheap and the bad thing is also because it is cheap. I think I have enough experience with them to say that it is a hit and run experience. For example, I had a really good experience with one of the tailors. I did 2 shirts and it turned out great. The next trip, thinking I have more days there, I decided to do 10 shirts at a go. Guess what...some shirts turn out fine, some shirts turn out bad...one of the shirts even had one button hole missing HAHA....the tailor was nice when I complained and he honestly told me, 10 shirts is a rush, so being busy...they missed out some details...

So now, I keep to Singapore tailors, not because they are definitely better and they are definitely more expensive. But for me now, I need the quality, I do not want to tailor a shirt and hoping it comes out right, I need it to come out right and that takes time for fitting and letting the tailors know what you want. If you are the usual tourist with just 4-5 days in BKK, I would suggest lowering your expectations of the tailors there or keep to SIngapore tailors.

iridrium 12-10-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wanderer-in-Time (Post 70625301)
Well by the looks of it, I dont think the shirts are that great, I mean tailored shirts are ought to be better than what you can find in one of those branded stores right? or is it just me guys? please do tell...

You should try tailoring yourself and you will know the difference between buying a G2000, Zara and a tailored one.

And tailoring is not about fancy double collar, lines and pattern here and there, it is all about the fit. Unless you have a standard model body, most of common people like myself find better fit shirt = more confidence.

Of course if g2000 and Zara is your cup of tea, by all means , go ahead. :s13:

prognosis 14-10-2012 11:59 AM

Any bros visited Excelsior fashion of late? The last time I was there in May, they told me that they had a new shop opened aside from the main showroom with wider range of fabric not sure if anyone of u had a chance to take a look.

noelnoel 14-10-2012 04:05 PM

hi, any buddies can advise how long is normally needed to make a set of shirt and pants? I'll be there for 3 days only. Wondering if it is enough..
thanks


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.