www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

ZacharyA 14-10-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iridrium (Post 70616303)
Purple checked shirt for friday dress down with portofino cuff. Rest is normal workshirts. Workmanship is excellent.:)

http://imageshack.us/a/img600/2109/photofle.jpg

bro, how much you paid for those normal plain workshirts and also for the purple color dress shirt???

total 5 pcs how many days did TOT took to deliver?

would be heading BKK in end Dec and would like to make 2-3 shirts + 1 pants if budget permits...

Henabi 15-10-2012 12:03 AM

Made mine at emporium armani. Went there around noon...
Total 5 pants and 3 shirts @ 7500baht.
Delivered to my hotel the next day evening around 5pm.

Excellent worksmanship. Not sure if its too ex

Forgot to say that i was served by Andy.

And when i was there, there were a few singaporeans, ang mohs, HKs, taiwanese and some africans there...

iridrium 15-10-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZacharyA (Post 70688115)
bro, how much you paid for those normal plain workshirts and also for the purple color dress shirt???

total 5 pcs how many days did TOT took to deliver?

would be heading BKK in end Dec and would like to make 2-3 shirts + 1 pants if budget permits...

The purple and blue shirt are luxury cotton at 2,200 baht.

The white and pink are premium cotten at 1,700 baht.

Go and have a feel of the material, you will know why the price differs.

:s12:

Jordan Chang 15-10-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasband (Post 70636963)
So now, I keep to Singapore tailors, not because they are definitely better and they are definitely more expensive. But for me now, I need the quality, I do not want to tailor a shirt and hoping it comes out right, I need it to come out right and that takes time for fitting and letting the tailors know what you want. If you are the usual tourist with just 4-5 days in BKK, I would suggest lowering your expectations of the tailors there or keep to SIngapore tailors.

not entirely true, some of the tailors in SG also send their orders to the factories in batam etc. but of cos, there are some exceptions and if you manage to find one that provides good value/quality, then you would have found a gem. :)

gasband 15-10-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Chang (Post 70700527)
not entirely true, some of the tailors in SG also send their orders to the factories in batam etc. but of cos, there are some exceptions and if you manage to find one that provides good value/quality, then you would have found a gem. :)

That is true but the main difference is that you can do as many as fittings you want or need before you finalise the shirt or suit you are making. Unless you are in BKK for 2 weeks, where most people are there for 4-5 days, that will never be enough to be sure you will get a good shirt not to say a jacket or suit. You may, or you may not. At least in Singapore, I can fit to death before I commit. But BKK tailors have their advantages also, when you hit a good one, you save alot of money but as I said, its hit and run, you will never able to expect consistent quality all the time from the same tailor but well this is only my own experience hehe.

grantt 15-10-2012 11:58 PM

You've got your points, but that is why it is essential to keep to a good tailor once you find one. Keep changing tailors and you'll find yourself in a rut because you have to start from scratch again. At least with one consistent tailor, at the first fit every time you come back (if they are not "perfect"), they will be much closer to getting it 100% right because the measurements they have of yours are nearly correct from the start. I used to think shopping around is fun, but then the pain of having to get the fit right beat off the new new stores. Find 1 - maybe 2 that you like and I think it makes life much easier!

Jordan Chang 17-10-2012 10:36 AM

i agree. with shirts, 1-2 fittings should be enough and will satisfy most ppl who go there for 3-4 days. for the same reason, i nvr do any suits there, despite promises to turn around in 24 hrs. :s8:

however, if prices keep increasing, there may be less incentive to tailor there.

Skywalker87 17-10-2012 10:55 AM

Can I know the average price to tailor a shirt there now? I'm reading like on average around 2000baht per shirt. That around SGD80...

That pretty expensive and 1 can actually get a shirt tailored here at $80.

Is there any decent tailor that is around SGD 50-65 range in BKK? I'm hoping to tailor 5 shirts there this coming end of Oct.

xtwis7 17-10-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker87 (Post 70752197)
Can I know the average price to tailor a shirt there now? I'm reading like on average around 2000baht per shirt. That around SGD80...

That pretty expensive and 1 can actually get a shirt tailored here at $80.

Is there any decent tailor that is around SGD 50-65 range in BKK? I'm hoping to tailor 5 shirts there this coming end of Oct.

It all boils down to fabric. The $80 shirt you get here may or may not be a 2-ply cotton. Please refer to my previous posts on my trip to TOT. Don't expect to find a $50 2-ply egyptian cotton shirt in BKK and even if you do, you know who to stay away from. Prices range from 800baht all the way up to 2-3k baht, that's based on a general consensus after gathering users' feedback from other tailors.

Skywalker87 17-10-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 70752600)
It all boils down to fabric. The $80 shirt you get here may or may not be a 2-ply cotton. Please refer to my previous posts on my trip to TOT. Don't expect to find a $50 2-ply egyptian cotton shirt in BKK and even if you do, you know who to stay away from. Prices range from 800baht all the way up to 2-3k baht, that's based on a general consensus after gathering users' feedback from other tailors.

Hi Xtwis, thanks for your reply. Can I have the address of TOT? Is it art Amari Watergate as well?

xtwis7 17-10-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker87 (Post 70752829)
Hi Xtwis, thanks for your reply. Can I have the address of TOT? Is it art Amari Watergate as well?

Nope, it's not at Amari Watergate hotel. I've been hearing many things about Paul at Amari but some of his reviews have not been great. Personally I've never tried so I can't comment much. Head to Sukhumvit Soi 8 and you will see yourself overwhelmed with choice. If you do want to check out TOT, turn into Soi 8 and walk ALL the way towards the end of the alley. You will see a small black signboard on your left. Shouldn't miss it.

Xaocious 17-10-2012 04:57 PM

Hi! I'll be going to bangkok this nov and I'll be there for 1.5 weeks. Is that enough to have a suit made? And how much will it cost on average?

tenz1204 17-10-2012 05:14 PM

Before you reach TOT, you will see crown on your way. Crown has a red sign board which you won't miss too. The other side at soi 11 also has tailors. I frequent one named Patricks fashionway. Price is slightly more expensive than crown but cheaper than TOT. I have been to these 3 tailors. So far ok.

TiggerD 17-10-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 70761485)
Before you reach TOT, you will see crown on your way. Crown has a red sign board which you won't miss too. The other side at soi 11 also has tailors. I frequent one named Patricks fashionway. Price is slightly more expensive than crown but cheaper than TOT. I have been to these 3 tailors. So far ok.

Hey I think Crown and TOT are very similarly priced, 1000thb for a blended shirt. How much is it at Patricks fashionway? I know the 2 ply shirts are cheaper at TOT.....by the way does anyone know if anyone sells cotton ties? Not the polyester ones that everyone sells but cotton?

tenz1204 17-10-2012 07:21 PM

Patricks sells from 1200 upwards. TOT 1000 range is quite limited. I like theirs TOT from 1700 and those 2200 but quite ex to me.