www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

v3locity 17-10-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noelnoel (Post 70680232)
hi, any buddies can advise how long is normally needed to make a set of shirt and pants? I'll be there for 3 days only. Wondering if it is enough..
thanks

during my last 5d4n trip.. it was more than sufficient as they only needed 3 days to settle my 5 shirts.

ZacharyA 17-10-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v3locity (Post 70770222)
during my last 5d4n trip.. it was more than sufficient as they only needed 3 days to settle my 5 shirts.

bro... which tailor was it and how much was the damage for your shirts???

you brought a sample shirt along to expedite the tailoring process or you did your 1st measurements on Day 1 follow by fitting on Day 2 and 3 + collection???

moooper 18-10-2012 12:29 AM

i tailored mine at mbk 4th floor! if you look at the namecards of the customers they display theres quite a lot of bigshots who do there too haha.

they did it in a day and had it delivered to our hotel. although i'd reccd going bk to the shop to have a fit a second time cos i am picky ;D

version10 18-10-2012 02:38 AM

Hi guys,

going down bangkok within the next few weeks and hoping to tailor some shirts and pants done.

Browsing through this forum, the 2 highly recommended ones seems to be Tailor On Ten and Pinky.

As I'm going with a group and not knowing Bangkok really well, I would be staying at a hotel just behind Siam Paragon as I'm told. Which one of them would be nearer?

Pinky website location seems to be much clearer and nearer to the MRT? Could any bros help with the directions?

And how is Crown workmanship? Seem to have very little information

Skywalker87 18-10-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 70756701)
Nope, it's not at Amari Watergate hotel. I've been hearing many things about Paul at Amari but some of his reviews have not been great. Personally I've never tried so I can't comment much. Head to Sukhumvit Soi 8 and you will see yourself overwhelmed with choice. If you do want to check out TOT, turn into Soi 8 and walk ALL the way towards the end of the alley. You will see a small black signboard on your left. Shouldn't miss it.

Thank you so much for your kind and helpful advise. =)

grantt 18-10-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by version10 (Post 70773516)
Hi guys,

going down bangkok within the next few weeks and hoping to tailor some shirts and pants done.

Browsing through this forum, the 2 highly recommended ones seems to be Tailor On Ten and Pinky.

As I'm going with a group and not knowing Bangkok really well, I would be staying at a hotel just behind Siam Paragon as I'm told. Which one of them would be nearer?

Pinky website location seems to be much clearer and nearer to the MRT? Could any bros help with the directions?

And how is Crown workmanship? Seem to have very little information

Hi Bro

I've used Crown in the past and love their work. Felled seams, good fusing etc etc - as a below post mentioned, they are slightly cheaper than TOT, and on the way to TOT, so I'd recommend checking out both tailors then make up your mind?

Soi 8 is a plethora of tailors so walking around there to decide is a great idea.

Also someone mentioned 2000 baht for a shirt, that's too expensive a starting price. You can get shirts from 1000 baht all the way up. So choose what price you are happy with and go from there. There isn't always the need to go for the best of the best! After all, some prefer quantity over quality, others prefer the other way around.

Happy tailoring!

grantt 18-10-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZacharyA (Post 70771241)
bro... which tailor was it and how much was the damage for your shirts???

you brought a sample shirt along to expedite the tailoring process or you did your 1st measurements on Day 1 follow by fitting on Day 2 and 3 + collection???

I think that bringing a sample shirt always helps, but isn't necessary. It just helps the fitting so tailor also knows your fit and style before they cut.

version10 18-10-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 70777273)
Hi Bro

I've used Crown in the past and love their work. Felled seams, good fusing etc etc - as a below post mentioned, they are slightly cheaper than TOT, and on the way to TOT, so I'd recommend checking out both tailors then make up your mind?

Soi 8 is a plethora of tailors so walking around there to decide is a great idea.

Also someone mentioned 2000 baht for a shirt, that's too expensive a starting price. You can get shirts from 1000 baht all the way up. So choose what price you are happy with and go from there. There isn't always the need to go for the best of the best! After all, some prefer quantity over quality, others prefer the other way around.

Happy tailoring!

Hi thanks!

Am I right to refer that the crown tailor have been refering to is this Crown Tailors & Suitmakers - Sukhumvit Soi 8, Bangkok 10110, Thailand. ?

According to directions it'll be

"By sky train Please take the sky train and get down at NANA station exit 4. We are located 20m inside of sukhumvit soi 8, on the left hand side (1 minute walk from the sky train)."

Are they along the same stretch of road after exiting NANA station?

ZacharyA 18-10-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 70777312)
I think that bringing a sample shirt always helps, but isn't necessary. It just helps the fitting so tailor also knows your fit and style before they cut.

i can't agree more on it... but i don't have any tailor made shirts and this is the first time im doing it... kinda look forward to the experience of tailoring a shirt / pants

in the past i used to buy off the racks for 1-2 occasions as i have recently completed my NS and joining the corporate industry.

grantt 19-10-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by version10 (Post 70779741)
Hi thanks!

Am I right to refer that the crown tailor have been refering to is this Crown Tailors & Suitmakers - Sukhumvit Soi 8, Bangkok 10110, Thailand. ?

According to directions it'll be

"By sky train Please take the sky train and get down at NANA station – exit 4. We are located 20m inside of sukhumvit soi 8, on the left hand side (1 minute walk from the sky train)."

Are they along the same stretch of road after exiting NANA station?

Yea - that's the one. So basically its as they described, 1 minute walk from the sky train. You get down the train, and walk to soi 8 and walk IN soi 8. You will see Crown on the left and if you keep walking you will then see TOT at the back of the soi.

How about suits? We all talk about shirts here, let's get some feedback on some suits recently anyone has purchased!

version10 19-10-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 70805724)
Yea - that's the one. So basically its as they described, 1 minute walk from the sky train. You get down the train, and walk to soi 8 and walk IN soi 8. You will see Crown on the left and if you keep walking you will then see TOT at the back of the soi.

How about suits? We all talk about shirts here, let's get some feedback on some suits recently anyone has purchased!

This is my first time tailoring so I'm afraid of getting chopped hahaha... kind of narrowed down to TOT or Crown... which is friendlier and patient? Quality wise I'm assuming from the reviews they're both the better ones out there

tenz1204 19-10-2012 05:16 PM

1st time wise, my recommendation is crown, they do very good fit. Service is not bad.
for TOT, service is very good but fitting is not as accurate as crown. TOT prices is more expensive than crown.

Will be good if you can go to both shops and see which shop 'clicked' better with you, also see the range of fabrics they have.

TOT has 1000 baht blended fabric, but I like their 1700 and 2200 baht fabric better.

Do 1 shirt first, if you are satisfied, then do more. They can copy shirts very fast.

grantt 20-10-2012 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenz1204 (Post 70814870)
1st time wise, my recommendation is crown, they do very good fit. Service is not bad.
for TOT, service is very good but fitting is not as accurate as crown. TOT prices is more expensive than crown.

Will be good if you can go to both shops and see which shop 'clicked' better with you, also see the range of fabrics they have.

TOT has 1000 baht blended fabric, but I like their 1700 and 2200 baht fabric better.

Do 1 shirt first, if you are satisfied, then do more. They can copy shirts very fast.

Agree with tenz - they are so close by - go see both for SHIRTS. For suits though - Crown is definitely better priced and quality.

version10 20-10-2012 04:58 PM

Any idea the price range for shirt, pants and suit for crown?

They don't seem to have sort of a pricelist on their website unlike TOT. Just a rough price range would help so I would be able to set aside the cash :)

Presto80 21-10-2012 10:30 PM

hi everyone...

first time goin to bkk soon...
want to tailor a few shirts and pants..will go to crown after reading thru all the reviews

some queries.
1-is there any wrinke free material? which price range are they? 1200?
2-whats the normal process..
first day choose fabric and measurement
second day fitting? what is this and can we skip?
due to my iternary and travelling in a group so not very convenient to go so many trip.
last day for collection
3-how do i tell the tailor about those fancyful collar and cuff?
4-who is the recommended person to do the measurement in crown?
5-is the pants quality gd?
6-has never tailored any shirt before, is tailored ahirt almost the same as slim fit frm outside? do i nd to tell them i want slim fitting?

thanx