www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

iCuteCube 19-11-2016 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalalalalala (Post 104733495)
read thru, but i was wondering why no one recommend paul's at amari watergate anymore?? their quality drop?

I did that last year, not very good liao leh.
Tailor skills = just copy the measurement, lol, yet my orders got wrong, not going to visit paul again, but maybe i am just unlucky, as they are rushing many orders..

Hulk55 22-11-2016 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volley05 (Post 104754301)
im planning to go to J&S over the weekend to make shirts. any reviews of tailored pants from J&S? if not, which other tailor provides good value for pants in BKK? TIA!

Usually do my tailored shirts and pants at Jhasper Fashion in Nana area

galliano 22-11-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk55 (Post 104863847)
Usually do my tailored shirts and pants at Jhasper Fashion in Nana area

Notice a lot of tailors you guys recommend all @ Asoke or Nana area.

Any nearer to Siam Paragon side of town?
TOTs is out of question considering its too pricy for me.
Looking at THB1000/shirt type of pricing.

volley05 23-11-2016 10:56 AM

i just returned from BKK last weekend and did 5 shirts at 1.5k baht per shirt and 2 pants at 2k baht per pants with Jesse and Son. although the shirt was their basic cotton shirt and their so called lower tiered since they have also 1.8k, 2k and 2.3k baht shirts, i was very impressed with the quality once i went for the first fitting. fitting was almost right and you could feel quality in the material of the shirt. after 2nd fitting, it was near perfect and they would then take some time to "clean" up the shirt. the experience was brilliant too with Manop being super detailed in his work and the hospitality provided from them was different class.
i am a definite returning customer after this wonderful experience.

clemiboi 23-11-2016 04:47 PM

has anyone bought Kaleidoscope fabric (CEO range, 3000 THB) from crown before? is it good? for 3000 you could get Soktas fabric from J&S!

Hulk55 23-11-2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galliano (Post 104868609)

Don't think there is any worthwhile tailor in Siam Paragon side as that area mostly got readymade branded clothes. Most of the good tailors are located in Asoke or Nana area and some at Pratunam. Considering the price range you are looking at, you can visit Jhasper Fashion and Crown.

saffronsatire 23-11-2016 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galliano (Post 104868609)

1000 baht budget is a little low. Pinky tailor is at ploenchit, 2 stations from siam but cheapest fabrics are 1500 baht.

Sent from using GAGT

adrianlim13 26-11-2016 12:29 AM

Seems like not cheap anymore. 1500 is 60sg. We can get the same price here in sg .

I'm reading pants are like 3000 .

The last I went was more then 6 years back, didn't remember prices being so ex.

saffronsatire 26-11-2016 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrianlim13 (Post 104926004)
Seems like not cheap anymore. 1500 is 60sg. We can get the same price here in sg .

I'm reading pants are like 3000 .

The last I went was more then 6 years back, didn't remember prices being so ex.

Yup, pants at pinky are 2500 baht upwards. That's about sgd 100 and not even the most ex fabric range. Zara is sometimes cheaper just that not custom made.

Price of shirts are still generally reasonable imo, if you're not making at tot. Pinky has 1800 and 2000 baht ones as well but 1500 baht one is good enough.

Sent from using GAGT

oldchubbybear 26-11-2016 06:36 AM

I made 4 shirts for 1000 baht each wanted those poly mixed as I didn't want to much creases, made 2 pants for 1600 each as well. loved the materials and fit. especially my pants. this was my first time and at boss avenue. gonna go back maybe next year.

Sent from HUAWEI EVA-L19 using GAGT

Sambuca78 26-11-2016 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldchubbybear (Post 104927571)
I made 4 shirts for 1000 baht each wanted those poly mixed as I didn't want to much creases, made 2 pants for 1600 each as well. loved the materials and fit. especially my pants. this was my first time and at boss avenue. gonna go back maybe next year.

Which material are easy iron type and usually how much per piece huh?

Some cotton shirts very difficult to iron de. :(

Thanks.

galliano 26-11-2016 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldchubbybear (Post 104927571)

Just made 2 pants (1500 ea, 'supposedly from the 1600 range which I think it's horse sh$t') and 1 shirt (1000).

Yesterday Fri morning ordered, fitting was this Sat morning and was ok. Delivered to my hotel tonight. Fast service.

Would I recommend Boss? Honestly dunno. I think this pricing of ranges is very subjective and basically all tagged to the margins which shop wants. The tailoring sweatshops r all the same. It's the Indian/Pakistani chaps that determine a good fit or not. And it's up to u if you wanna pay 1600 or 3000 for good fitting and a friendly aka good salesman.

saffronsatire 27-11-2016 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambuca78 (Post 104931452)
Which material are easy iron type and usually how much per piece huh?

Some cotton shirts very difficult to iron de. :(

Thanks.

Usually the cheaper range is not 100% cotton and easier to iron. When selecting the fabric, you can also "test" by grabbing a small area of the fabric and crumpling it, those that crease easily and likely to be harder to iron.

Sent from using GAGT

fyeebiyd 28-11-2016 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galliano (Post 104940862)
Just made 2 pants (1500 ea, 'supposedly from the 1600 range which I think it's horse sh$t') and 1 shirt (1000).

Yesterday Fri morning ordered, fitting was this Sat morning and was ok. Delivered to my hotel tonight. Fast service.

Would I recommend Boss? Honestly dunno. I think this pricing of ranges is very subjective and basically all tagged to the margins which shop wants. The tailoring sweatshops r all the same. It's the Indian/Pakistani chaps that determine a good fit or not. And it's up to u if you wanna pay 1600 or 3000 for good fitting and a friendly aka good salesman.

I have similar sentiments after making my first tailored suit at Boss Avenue.

Prices are cheap imo and my previous experience have been on tailoring pants in SG.

Tl:dr Summary
In summary, I did a 2 piece suit (blazer and pants, no vest) with 30% wool blend material and 2 pants in the same category of 30% wool blend.

Breakdown of costs are:
Suit = $7,400 baht
Pants = $1,600 baht each (I made 2)

Total damage is $10,600 baht

What was unsatisfactory were the buttons on the waist. Told them specific instructions but it was not followed and issues were not rectified. Not exactly something that completely affects the fitting but it is a preference and I felt since tailoring, such details matters.

Full review:
Spoiler!

galliano 28-11-2016 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyeebiyd (Post 104957841)
I have similar sentiments after making my first tailored suit at Boss Avenue.

Prices are cheap imo and my previous experience have been on tailoring pants in SG.

Tl:dr Summary
In summary, I did a 2 piece suit (blazer and pants, no vest) with 30% wool blend material and 2 pants in the same category of 30% wool blend.

Breakdown of costs are:
Suit = $7,400 baht
Pants = $1,600 baht each (I made 2)

Total damage is $10,600 baht

What was unsatisfactory were the buttons on the waist. Told them specific instructions but it was not followed and issues were not rectified. Not exactly something that completely affects the fitting but it is a preference and I felt since tailoring, such details matters.

Full review:
Spoiler!

Dun get me wrong, I'm not slamming Boss. It's just my personal opinion bout this 'must tailor' approach when in BKK. You basically pay for what you get. Prices ain't that reasonable if you take a step back and not compare prices vis to vis diff tailors. It's the same sewing sweatshop.

The guy that delivers my pants to the shop has got more than one package on his route. Hahaha...

fyeebiyd 28-11-2016 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galliano (Post 104958968)
Dun get me wrong, I'm not slamming Boss. It's just my personal opinion bout this 'must tailor' approach when in BKK. You basically pay for what you get. Prices ain't that reasonable if you take a step back and not compare prices vis to vis diff tailors. It's the same sewing sweatshop.

The guy that delivers my pants to the shop has got more than one package on his route. Hahaha...

This I agree. I also noticed that. It's these guys taking orders, sending it to a factory to get it done.

My personal view is that overall the experience was ok with Boss. Not exactly top notch but not completely lousy. It is a good in-between.

Just that when my pants came with something that I didn't want and something that was supposed to be there, it made it less pleasant to me.

Alex.hero 28-11-2016 09:06 PM

http://i.imgur.com/jpNxRgV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0FuBf0Q.jpg

Did a total of 9 shirts + 2 pants with Boss Avenue.

As usual, top-notch service. I think that they are the most reasonable pricing-to-quality tailor in BKK. Everybody has their preference, however I think that based on the amount of patterns and quality, Boss Avenue offers the widest genre.

Been tailoring with Boss Avenue from 2013 and have never ever considered changing tailor. Always feel comfortable and at home with them. Had some issues about delivery with them previously, but all has been resolved.

My friend who was with me, did 1 two-piece suit and 4 shirts. He loved the end-products.

Overall rating for Boss in my opinion: 5/5

Alex.hero 28-11-2016 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galliano (Post 104958968)

Bro, you saying that all of them go to the same factory to do? I don't think so leh... the delivery person is normally a motorcycle taxi guy right?

galliano 29-11-2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex.hero (Post 104973287)
Bro, you saying that all of them go to the same factory to do? I don't think so leh... the delivery person is normally a motorcycle taxi guy right?

Definitely not all. But i believe its shared resources. Anyway, its my opinion.

Yep the delivery person is somewhat a courier person.

drgame871 29-11-2016 01:48 PM

Is there a minimum order for Jesse and Son? Wanted to do 1 shirt and 1 pants to try first.

fyeebiyd 29-11-2016 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex.hero (Post 104973232)

As usual, top-notch service. I think that they are the most reasonable pricing-to-quality tailor in BKK. Everybody has their preference, however I think that based on the amount of patterns and quality, Boss Avenue offers the widest genre.

Been tailoring with Boss Avenue from 2013 and have never ever considered changing tailor. Always feel comfortable and at home with them. Had some issues about delivery with them previously, but all has been resolved.

My friend who was with me, did 1 two-piece suit and 4 shirts. He loved the end-products.

This case I think is really YMMV situation. I don't consider Boss Avenue service to be top-notch. Average at most.

I just wore the pants made by them and then realised they did not fix the problem I told them, which again, is not exactly a big issue but it defeat the purpose of tailoring. I requested for inner pockets for the pants.

This particular piece came without it when I was trying it on 1 day prior to delivery. Today when I wear it, I realised they did not resolve it at all.

I tailor my pants locally at one of the tailors in Lucky Plaza. They are not the high-end type but the very least, so far after doing close to 20 pants with the local tailor, no such issues that I experienced with Boss Avenue.

I also noticed the way the pants are being done, this pair that have missing inner pockets was different with the other pair I ordered. Maybe from different factories

Just my luck perhaps.

Alex.hero 29-11-2016 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyeebiyd (Post 104987243)
This case I think is really YMMV situation. I don't consider Boss Avenue service to be top-notch. Average at most.

I just wore the pants made by them and then realised they did not fix the problem I told them, which again, is not exactly a big issue but it defeat the purpose of tailoring. I requested for inner pockets for the pants.

This particular piece came without it when I was trying it on 1 day prior to delivery. Today when I wear it, I realised they did not resolve it at all.

I tailor my pants locally at one of the tailors in Lucky Plaza. They are not the high-end type but the very least, so far after doing close to 20 pants with the local tailor, no such issues that I experienced with Boss Avenue.

I also noticed the way the pants are being done, this pair that have missing inner pockets was different with the other pair I ordered. Maybe from different factories

Just my luck perhaps.

Understand bro, I think maybe you are more particular with regards to certain aspects of the pants you tailoring. Think that maybe when you are there, you can perhaps highlight this to them so that they will make special note...
This is assuming if you are going to patronizing them again lah of course :)

Service they quite brother brother leh...only have time delivery issues previously, other than that all is good!

Alex.hero 29-11-2016 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drgame871 (Post 104984828)
Is there a minimum order for Jesse and Son? Wanted to do 1 shirt and 1 pants to try first.

Min 3 shirts I think bro. I saw it in their shop

DRbeebeebeejay 29-11-2016 06:39 PM

I feel that Boss avenue is very good for its prices. But is it good quality tailoring? Probably not. I only use them for "trial and error" special commissions that I do not foresee myself wearing often.

Alex.hero 29-11-2016 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRbeebeebeejay (Post 104990584)
I feel that Boss avenue is very good for its prices. But is it good quality tailoring? Probably not. I only use them for "trial and error" special commissions that I do not foresee myself wearing often.

Wah bro.. U must be very rich! Lol! '

DRbeebeebeejay 30-11-2016 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex.hero (Post 104990692)
Wah bro.. U must be very rich! Lol! '

Definitely not the case but just to elaborate. Garments such as shirts with wing tip collars or tab collars, suits with unique designs (double breast) etc.

Tyrian 30-11-2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex.hero (Post 104973232)

I realise your shirts are all checkered design. Is this your personal preference?

Sambuca78 30-11-2016 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex.hero (Post 104989908)
Min 3 shirts I think bro. I saw it in their shop

Yes 3 shirts, collecting mine at 1pm. :)

Alex.hero 30-11-2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrian (Post 104999453)
I realise your shirts are all checkered design. Is this your personal preference?

Yea bro, most of the plains I have are all dark colours... Navy blue, black, maroon.. Only did 3 white shirts from boss so far in my years with them.. (Some white got pattern, light light one...)

For checkered don't need Match with complicated innards, just put plain colour can.. For plain I like to match with their floral or bubble designs.. Lol. Can memorize by heart on the types of style they have.

Alex.hero 30-11-2016 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambuca78 (Post 105001171)
Yes 3 shirts, collecting mine at 1pm. :)

Congrats bro! Bet its quite ex coming from J&S!

CeSaRiO 02-12-2016 05:08 PM

Anyway, where do you guys normally get your shoes in Bkk?

Sambuca78 02-12-2016 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex.hero (Post 105007108)
Congrats bro! Bet its quite ex coming from J&S!

I did THB1800 x 1 and THB1500 x 2.

The service was really good and I am very surprised that they can make it within the short time frame.

I reached J&S around 2pm on 28 Nov, fitting at 6pm on 29 Nov and received the 3 shirts at 1pm on 30 Nov. :)

Drifting2Anchorage 02-12-2016 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeSaRiO (Post 105042827)
Anyway, where do you guys normally get your shoes in Bkk?

Just to add, Manop is gonna be selling Goodyear Welt shoes mid Dec onwards. Thai leather. Just need to check out his lasts and type of designs.
5k Baht if I ain't wrong.

CeSaRiO 05-12-2016 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drifting2Anchorage (Post 105045749)
Just to add, Manop is gonna be selling Goodyear Welt shoes mid Dec onwards. Thai leather. Just need to check out his lasts and type of designs.
5k Baht if I ain't wrong.

That's what I do understand. I find leather shoes in Bangkok a little too pricey as compared to Singapore. :s13:

Drifting2Anchorage 05-12-2016 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeSaRiO (Post 105084238)
That's what I do understand. I find leather shoes in Bangkok a little too pricey as compared to Singapore. :s13:

For goodyear welt shoes at 200sgd from Manop it's a damn good deal. Can't get that price anywhere in sg.
Clarks and such in bkk are priced like 150sgd onwards.
Well anything imported gets imposed 30% tax.. But Thai leathers are pretty much decent.
Otherwise, Don's Footwear is quality but price differs to each model. London Brown not too bad for casual shoes.

Not an expert in Bkk.. Only travel there couple of times a year for work.

Hope you're able to find a decent leather shoes there man. Cheers!

CeSaRiO 05-12-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drifting2Anchorage (Post 105087017)
For goodyear welt shoes at 200sgd from Manop it's a damn good deal. Can't get that price anywhere in sg.
Clarks and such in bkk are priced like 150sgd onwards.
Well anything imported gets imposed 30% tax.. But Thai leathers are pretty much decent.
Otherwise, Don's Footwear is quality but price differs to each model. London Brown not too bad for casual shoes.

Not an expert in Bkk.. Only travel there couple of times a year for work.

Hope you're able to find a decent leather shoes there man. Cheers!

So am I right to say J&S offers the best deal for bang for bucks shoes?

Drifting2Anchorage 05-12-2016 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeSaRiO (Post 105087170)
So am I right to say J&S offers the best deal for bang for bucks shoes?

With the ability to customise and goodyear welt. Then yes. Best deal and best bang for your bucks.
Plus the fact that J&S are honest as it gets in bkk about their products.

wwng16 06-12-2016 11:37 AM

for guys like mi that dont like indians/pakis shops can try CT tailor near national BTS.

http://www.ct-chinesetailor.com/wp-c...008/09/IMG.jpg

Sambuca78 06-12-2016 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambuca78 (Post 105044385)
I did THB1800 x 1 and THB1500 x 2.

The service was really good and I am very surprised that they can make it within the short time frame.

I reached J&S around 2pm on 28 Nov, fitting at 6pm on 29 Nov and received the 3 shirts at 1pm on 30 Nov. :)

The 3 shirts crumpled quite easy, sian big time. :(

Alex.hero 06-12-2016 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambuca78 (Post 105106647)

Must go for those mixed blend type bro..

A bit hotter but lesser issues.

Gambler. 06-12-2016 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambuca78 (Post 105106647)

i made 10 shirts with them.

some got same issues - ur iron must be hot enough to even press them straight

volley05 07-12-2016 10:00 AM

which part of the shirt crumples? mine crumples alot especially at the elbow area. what sorta material should i go to avoid this crumpling. its making the shirt look untidy

Sambuca78 07-12-2016 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex.hero (Post 105107622)
Must go for those mixed blend type bro..

A bit hotter but lesser issues.

It is mixed blend type. I told Manop that I wan those that are easy to iron and wont crumple and he told me my fabric selection are ok de. :(

Sambuca78 07-12-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gambler. (Post 105107743)
i made 10 shirts with them.

some got same issues - ur iron must be hot enough to even press them straight

It will still crumple when u wear it.

Sambuca78 07-12-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volley05 (Post 105121954)
which part of the shirt crumples? mine crumples alot especially at the elbow area. what sorta material should i go to avoid this crumpling. its making the shirt look untidy

Yes lower arm part crumples a lot, overall also crumples but not as bad ba.

Alex.hero 07-12-2016 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambuca78 (Post 105125518)
It is mixed blend type. I told Manop that I wan those that are easy to iron and wont crumple and he told me my fabric selection are ok de. :(

Jialat... sighs!

CeSaRiO 07-12-2016 03:43 PM

I think we also need to manage our own expectations on the idea of crumpled shirts.

Usually mixed blend, especially with high percentage of polyester, is indeed much easier to iron. Those sets I've gotten from Boss Avenue for 1000 baht, those shirts are the easiest to iron, yet the roughest materials for my highly sensitive skin.

If you want your shirt to crease lesser, or less crumpled, wear it a little tighter. :D

Remember, want good stuffs, aside from price, also need to put in more effort ya :)

acemaong 08-12-2016 10:11 AM

Hi Guys,

Read thru the last few pages and notice that the recommended tailors are not at pratunam area but are not that far too (Boss, J&S etc).

However, im looking for a reasonable and good tailor at Pratunam area over the weekends just to make some business shirt and pants.

Any to recommend?

I've only been to Paul's fashion.

Thanks!

AH CHIA 08-12-2016 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acemaong (Post 105139184)
Hi Guys,

Read thru the last few pages and notice that the recommended tailors are not at pratunam area but are not that far too (Boss, J&S etc).

However, im looking for a reasonable and good tailor at Pratunam area over the weekends just to make some business shirt and pants.

Any to recommend?

Thanks!

Are u not please with Paul's?

CeSaRiO 09-12-2016 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acemaong (Post 105139184)
Hi Guys,

Any to recommend?

Thanks!

Honestly I dont know much about Pratunum area. Hopefully some bros can assist you on this.