www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

xtwis7 29-10-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fass74 (Post 71064550)
Ben from Tailor on Ten claimed that he can even do a suit in 3 working days to cater to the tourist demand but he admitted the more time given the better. Generally 3 days is sufficient for making shirts unless the shop is totally swamped.

As usual, this should be the SOP
Day 1 - go early to tailor, select materials and get measured.
Day 2 - fitting, earlier will be better so first available appointment
Day 3 - collect shirt

Just came back from BKK, visited Crown and Tailor on Ten this time round.
I will say TOT surprised me when I went for my fitting because the shirt was so far off my measurement. I thought their allowance was a little crazy. The finished product was ok though. I would suggest calling them at least 30 mins before your collection time to make sure your shirts are ready. I had to wait close to 45 mins for mine despite fixing the time 2 days after my fitting.
I made 3 shirts - 1 from each of their price range.
For the 1000 baht one, i chose 2 type of contrast material and was charged 50 baht for each. Fair enough.
For the 1700/2200 range material, contrast is free so go crazy if you like. Additionally, it includes mother of pearl buttons and monogram so bonus points for that. They also offer you water and beer after your 10 minute hike to their shop.
As for Crown, I think I spent a total of 1 hour in their shop over the 3 visits. Wham bam, thank you maam. Everything was spot on.
I would say Crown covers the middle end of the market and TOT is covering from middle to high end. TOT seems to offer some branded material which I am not conversant with. Overall I will say I am happiest with Crown but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend TOT except maybe you won't enjoy the walk in on a very hot day :s13:

That's weird. Contrast should all be free no matter what fabric you chose. By 2 types of contrast, you mean cuffs 1 type and collar another type?

Jordan Chang 29-10-2012 12:58 PM

just came back from a 4 day visit. walked around on sat afternoon and went to crown and raja but decided on boss because i was only looking to make a normal shirt (nothing fancy) and they were charging 900B for a blend (which was what i was looking for anyway - wrinkle free). prices start at 1200B for crown and 1500B at raja (for the same fabric!!). :s8:

took measurement for a slim cut and had a first fitting on monday afternoon (NOTE: most "tailors" do not work on sundays, so do take that into consideration). measurement was too tight for comfort and they got the cuffs wrong too. so had to re-make and fortunately, second fit was perfect the next day.

fass74 29-10-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 71065906)
That's weird. Contrast should all be free no matter what fabric you chose. By 2 types of contrast, you mean cuffs 1 type and collar another type?

Nope, they told me quite clearly that they charge for 1000 baht range.
Anyway, it's reasonable so no sweat.
My collar, outer cuff and placket were 1 contrast. Inner cuff, inner placket, inner cuff another contrast. So it's 1 main 2 contrast. I'll try to upload a pic

fass74 29-10-2012 01:50 PM

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/q...C8664AEFB7.jpg

xtwis7 29-10-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fass74 (Post 71068907)
Nope, they told me quite clearly that they charge for 1000 baht range.
Anyway, it's reasonable so no sweat.
My collar, outer cuff and placket were 1 contrast. Inner cuff, inner placket, inner cuff another contrast. So it's 1 main 2 contrast. I'll try to upload a pic

Ah, I see. Mine was just inner cuff and collar at no extra charge but 50 baht is still reasonable at about $2 sgd. But at least for 1000 baht shirts still can choose MOP buttons and have monogram so that's a bonus I guess.

fass74 29-10-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 71069254)
Ah, I see. Mine was just inner cuff and collar at no extra charge but 50 baht is still reasonable at about $2 sgd. But at least for 1000 baht shirts still can choose MOP buttons and have monogram so that's a bonus I guess.

MOP buttons and monogram is only for the 1700/2200 baht range. Chargeable as extras for the 1000 baht. Or well as least they did not offer to me for this shirt and I don't believe they would intentionally leave it out. I noticed they used different forms for filling in the order details for the different ranges. The 2200 baht one is the most detailed with 1 shirt using up the whole form.

xtwis7 29-10-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fass74 (Post 71069512)
MOP buttons and monogram is only for the 1700/2200 baht range. Chargeable as extras for the 1000 baht. Or well as least they did not offer to me for this shirt and I don't believe they would intentionally leave it out. I noticed they used different forms for filling in the order details for the different ranges. The 2200 baht one is the most detailed with 1 shirt using up the whole form.

They could have changed since I last went but that was just 1 mth+ ago. I selected all 3 fabrics as well and they snipped a bit of each fabric to paste on the form that contains your customizing options as well. One of my 1000 baht shirt has MOP buttons, in fact I'm wearing it today. :s13:

For some who walk in and enquire on the pricing, the 1000 baht shirts' pricing is placed in a separate file from the 1700/2200 shirts.

kaysee 29-10-2012 03:39 PM

thinking of going paul's fashion since im staying at amari. what do u guys think of the price there? am intending to do 2 shirts, 1 pants and 1 vest there. i heard their shirt cost around SGD $35-45 for a medium quality material. how true is it?

xtwis7 29-10-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaysee (Post 71072004)
thinking of going paul's fashion since im staying at amari. what do u guys think of the price there? am intending to do 2 shirts, 1 pants and 1 vest there. i heard their shirt cost around SGD $35-45 for a medium quality material. how true is it?

I think it is as true as it gets when you reach the shop. Even pictures don't paint the full picture as you need to feel for yourself. Some people don't like premium fabric cause they might be thicker and thus hotter. So one man's meat is another's poison. All I do know is that Paul's is highly reviewed among working Singaporeans.

Cheers!

dingdingdangdang 31-10-2012 05:44 PM

tried Crown about 2weeks ago. did a mid-range suit with special request which they call as 'piping' (not sure about the spelling). suit costs 8,500baht (500baht for the extra 'piping') and shirt is 1,200baht. Actually their suits starts from 5,500baht but i myself wanted a fabric which falls in the 8,000baht range. i'm actually rather taken aback with Crown's service because i was expecting to be cajoled or pushed to buy more, go for higher range, etc.. But, that didnt happen! Instead it was a very sincere service which i've never experienced with the other tailors in Bkk. I was served by Lop if i got his name right, a soft spoken guy and always ready to offer suggestions. Oh yah, Crown opens daily cos i did my fitting on a Sunday. In short, i'm impressed by their service.

Guys, continue to share your experiences with different tailors. :)

Presto80 31-10-2012 11:28 PM

just did my shirt at crown..

as this is my first time tailoring shirt so need to ask..
i opted for slim cut...does that mean there should not be excess cloth at the shoulder and upper arm part?

anyone can enlighten?
ask the people at crown if the shirt looks ok, they just replied, up to me if i think it looks fine.
find this reply abit not professional as i do not know what to look out for other than too much excess clothing.

thanx

xtwis7 01-11-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto80 (Post 71140145)
just did my shirt at crown..

as this is my first time tailoring shirt so need to ask..
i opted for slim cut...does that mean there should not be excess cloth at the shoulder and upper arm part?

anyone can enlighten?
ask the people at crown if the shirt looks ok, they just replied, up to me if i think it looks fine.
find this reply abit not professional as i do not know what to look out for other than too much excess clothing.

thanx

Actually what they replied you is correct. If the shop determines what is okay, I'm sure they will get a lot of complaints. It's up to the customer to decide if it's okay. If the customer think he looks good then accept it, if not ask if can be altered. You didn't go for a fitting before the final shirt was made? We can't tell how much excess you're talking about as different people have different limits. Best is take a picture.

Jordan Chang 01-11-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto80 (Post 71140145)
as this is my first time tailoring shirt so need to ask..
i opted for slim cut...does that mean there should not be excess cloth at the shoulder and upper arm part?

it depends. i had a slim cut too but at the first fitting, arm pit and arms are too tight, so had them loosen it a bit. did you have a fitting? if you did and you still find there's excess cloth, just ask them to make it trimmer. that's the beauty of tailoring a shirt instead of buying one off the rack. :)

Squared_circle 01-11-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto80 (Post 71140145)
anyone can enlighten?
ask the people at crown if the shirt looks ok, they just replied, up to me if i think it looks fine.
find this reply abit not professional as i do not know what to look out for other than too much excess clothing.

thanx

they probably could word it better. but their thinking is it's really up to you whether you like the fit. E.g. slim fit for you and me even if we're of same build we may like it to fit slightly differently at our shoulder, waist etc.

better theirs than one tailor who waive off your concerns as normal.

Presto80 01-11-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 71144988)
Actually what they replied you is correct. If the shop determines what is okay, I'm sure they will get a lot of complaints. It's up to the customer to decide if it's okay. If the customer think he looks good then accept it, if not ask if can be altered. You didn't go for a fitting before the final shirt was made? We can't tell how much excess you're talking about as different people have different limits. Best is take a picture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Chang (Post 71148176)
it depends. i had a slim cut too but at the first fitting, arm pit and arms are too tight, so had them loosen it a bit. did you have a fitting? if you did and you still find there's excess cloth, just ask them to make it trimmer. that's the beauty of tailoring a shirt instead of buying one off the rack. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squared_circle (Post 71152415)
they probably could word it better. but their thinking is it's really up to you whether you like the fit. E.g. slim fit for you and me even if we're of same build we may like it to fit slightly differently at our shoulder, waist etc.

better theirs than one tailor who waive off your concerns as normal.

yup..i understand i should decide if its looks nice on me.
i was just asking their professional advice if those excess material is normal in a sense if a tailor shirt etc should not have.

i did a fitting on a shirt..did ask them to reduce the clth at the armpit area by abit.
i bought 3 and on collection day gt 1 of the shirt is really excess by alot.(they did a last day alteration for me) where else the rest seems not so obvious but still abit.

im just trying to understand if those abit excess material is norm.
anywhere can i see some sample pics of tailored shirt wore by people?

thanx


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.