www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

johnharding 21-12-2009 04:48 PM

Excelsior Tailor

I have been to Excelsior in Bangkok few months back and have been very happy. The shirts are still good after multiple washing.
They also deliver the clothes to the hotel. They are located opposite the Le Meredien Hotel at suriwongse road near Patpong night market.

Kensuke11 23-12-2009 01:03 AM

tailored 2 shirts for 1600baht at Chinese Tailor.. can call them to pick u up frm e hotel n aft dat they will send u to where u wana go nxt.. went dere on sat aftn n got e shirts delivered to my hotel on monday aftn..

KongLanJiaoWei 23-12-2009 02:24 PM

anybody tried narin couture?

Kraitz 15-01-2010 02:58 PM

hi all.. i'm also looking for tailors in BKK.. my friend does his shirts at amari watergate. anyone tried that before?

crown tailor is where at? i'll be staying at pratunanam is it far?

darknezz 16-01-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraitz (Post 43272441)
crown tailor is where at? i'll be staying at pratunanam is it far?

if you can walk from Pratunam to Chit Lom BTS, then its only 2 stops away at Nana...

Crown tailor is at Sukumvit Soi 8

darknezz 16-01-2010 11:44 AM

after reading all the postings on this forum, I tried Pinky and Crown tailors while I was in BKK and came backrecently. Basically, the service standard, quality of shirts/ pants etc were as what other members had described in earlier posts.

However I am not sure if the business for these 2 tailors were already highly boosted by good reviews, somehow I find their prices slightly higher than my previous tailor. I had done two pairs of Cashmere Micro?sumthin? pants at 800THB in 2006. The prices for pants at both Pinky and Crown starts at 1500++ (b4 bargining)

Feeling in doubt, I went back to my previous tailor (Armani) and made 2 pair of pants at 1000THB and 800THB respectively. The 1000THB one was the Cashmere ??? fabric. The shop also offered shirts fabrics starting from 800THB (compared to Pinky and Crown which starts from 1000THB)

Overall, my lesson learnt is next time I will visit Armani Tailor 1st before visiting others. The fabric selection is limited but at least they start at a lower price and some of the fabric looks similiar to those at Pinky/ Crown. Best of all, it is just across the road from Crown.

I made 3 shirts each from Pinky and Crown and 2 pants from Armani. I am statisfied with all of them. :)

MD's Armani Fashion (BTS E3 Nana)
Sukhumvit Soi 7 shop no 5 in Arcade
(behind Versace which is along the main road, turn right into the Arcade when you see a purple $$ changer)

Crown Tailor (BTS E3 Nana)
Sukhumvit Soi 8, shop no 13
On the left side of Soi 8, should not miss it

Pinky (BTS E2 Phloen Chit)
Follow instructions on Pinky's Website

Happy shopping everyone :s13:

sneggg 17-01-2010 02:28 PM

so is pinky better or crown ? they both do delivery ? can have exact address ? so ic an just show to the cab driver

triBALism85 17-01-2010 02:38 PM

Will be heading to BKK this coming thur to following monday! From the reviews, i think that only Crown and Pinky are worth the visit?

darknezz, is armani tailor good? Dont mind giving them a try since its much cheaper. But compare to crown and pinky, do you think the quality is the same?

darknezz 17-01-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneggg (Post 43321286)
so is pinky better or crown ?

I feel that they are the same

Quote:

they both do delivery ?

Pinky delivered to my hotel and I believe Crown would as well

Quote:

can have exact address ? so ic an just show to the cab driver

Try searching the net

darknezz 17-01-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triBALism85 (Post 43321511)
is armani tailor good? Dont mind giving them a try since its much cheaper. But compare to crown and pinky, do you think the quality is the same?

Its difficult to compare since there are different fabrics for different price ranges and I cant tell the dif between 800THB and 1200THB fabrics.

I did a jacket, shirt, pants at Armani back in 2006. I have been wearing the shirt at least twice a month between 2008 to 2009. I have put on weight since 2006, therefore I no longer wear that pants. All the clothes are still in good condition.

overall, i would say Armani is worth a visit simply because it starts at a lower price range. For pants, its almost half the price compared to Pinky/ Crown.

As for workmanship, I feel that they are the same. I believe all 3 of them are just shop fronts and they outsource the sewing to someone. Also workmanship, you can give them comments when you are doing the first fitting.

grantt 18-01-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darknezz (Post 43332929)
Its difficult to compare since there are different fabrics for different price ranges and I cant tell the dif between 800THB and 1200THB fabrics.

I did a jacket, shirt, pants at Armani back in 2006. I have been wearing the shirt at least twice a month between 2008 to 2009. I have put on weight since 2006, therefore I no longer wear that pants. All the clothes are still in good condition.

overall, i would say Armani is worth a visit simply because it starts at a lower price range. For pants, its almost half the price compared to Pinky/ Crown.

As for workmanship, I feel that they are the same. I believe all 3 of them are just shop fronts and they outsource the sewing to someone. Also workmanship, you can give them comments when you are doing the first fitting.

I've never used Pinky or Armani, however, have used Crown on multiple occassions and I'm very pleased and what I'm certain of is you get what you pay for. For one, I don't think you can get a (cashmere?) pant for 1200 Baht! hahaah. That being said, it's always nice to have a variety of places to visit as well! I'm sure you'll be able to find one of the three shops to suit you! Everyone is different and have different choices & opinions! Have fun!

Kraitz 18-01-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darknezz (Post 43292585)
after reading all the postings on this forum, I tried Pinky and Crown tailors while I was in BKK and came backrecently. Basically, the service standard, quality of shirts/ pants etc were as what other members had described in earlier posts.

However I am not sure if the business for these 2 tailors were already highly boosted by good reviews, somehow I find their prices slightly higher than my previous tailor. I had done two pairs of Cashmere Micro?sumthin? pants at 800THB in 2006. The prices for pants at both Pinky and Crown starts at 1500++ (b4 bargining)

Feeling in doubt, I went back to my previous tailor (Armani) and made 2 pair of pants at 1000THB and 800THB respectively. The 1000THB one was the Cashmere ??? fabric. The shop also offered shirts fabrics starting from 800THB (compared to Pinky and Crown which starts from 1000THB)

Overall, my lesson learnt is next time I will visit Armani Tailor 1st before visiting others. The fabric selection is limited but at least they start at a lower price and some of the fabric looks similiar to those at Pinky/ Crown. Best of all, it is just across the road from Crown.

I made 3 shirts each from Pinky and Crown and 2 pants from Armani. I am statisfied with all of them. :)

MD's Armani Fashion (BTS E3 Nana)
Sukhumvit Soi 7 shop no 5 in Arcade
(behind Versace which is along the main road, turn right into the Arcade when you see a purple $$ changer)

Crown Tailor (BTS E3 Nana)
Sukhumvit Soi 8, shop no 13
On the left side of Soi 8, should not miss it

Pinky (BTS E2 Phloen Chit)
Follow instructions on Pinky's Website

Happy shopping everyone :s13:

Does the 3 tailor mention above tailor make ladies shirts and pants too?

darknezz 18-01-2010 10:02 PM

[quote=grantt;43341914] For one, I don't think you can get a (cashmere?) pant for 1200 Baht! hahaah. That being said..... [quote]

Its up to you if you want to believe my purchase, but I am very certain that the fabric I choose for my pants (1000 THB) is Cashmere as it is labeled on the fabric.

Appreciate if you can keep your sarcastic comments to yourself.
Thank you !!!

darknezz 18-01-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraitz (Post 43347811)
Does the 3 tailor mention above tailor make ladies shirts and pants too?

I know Pinky does. Not sure about the rest.

grantt 19-01-2010 01:17 AM

[QUOTE=darknezz;43357242][quote=grantt;43341914] For one, I don't think you can get a (cashmere?) pant for 1200 Baht! hahaah. That being said.....
Quote:

Its up to you if you want to believe my purchase, but I am very certain that the fabric I choose for my pants (1000 THB) is Cashmere as it is labeled on the fabric.

Appreciate if you can keep your sarcastic comments to yourself.
Thank you !!!
sorry..didnt mean to be all sarcastic! I was just questining the whole cashmere thing. Thats all. But if you think you got what you paid for, then i'm not going to argue with you!