www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

aHRoy1985 20-01-2010 09:59 PM

Just came back from Bangkok.

Made a jacket, 2 shirts and 2 pants at Paul's Fashion at Amari Watergate Hotel and 2 shirts and 1 pants at Crown.

I would say both tailors are good in terms of service and quality.
You guys can give these 2 tailors a try.

tuitionsg1 26-01-2010 12:37 PM

I realised you guys like to make shirts in bkk. How about blazers/jackets? How much do they cost at Crowns? Any notable landmarks around crowns?

Thanks!

guysmiley1980 26-01-2010 12:52 PM

So much it cost for a jacket 2 shirts and 2 pants at amari watergate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aHRoy1985 (Post 43406923)

Made a jacket, 2 shirts and 2 pants at Paul's Fashion at Amari Watergate Hotel and 2 shirts and 1 pants at Crown.

kitson_83 30-01-2010 09:12 PM

jus touch down from BKK..

Went to Pinky Tailor and make 3 shirts for 3500baht..

Was served by this gay gay looking guy.. very detailed in his explanation with regards to the material and measurement..

Although the price dun exactly seem to be cheap but i guess the service is gd enough to cover for that.. basically i think they are pretty service oriented.. I was offered a fitting on the next day and when I went back the next day, I brought a jeans that I bought in the wholesales market, that guy actually alter for me FOC... haha.. My jean and my shirt were sent to my Hotel on the 3rd day with everything in place...

Overall I think i will give Pinky Tailor a 4 out of 5 rating.. taking ino consideration the favour that they give to me and the service received..

grantt 01-02-2010 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuitionsg1 (Post 43543008)
I realised you guys like to make shirts in bkk. How about blazers/jackets? How much do they cost at Crowns? Any notable landmarks around crowns?

Thanks!

I've had suits done up, not just blazers and am quite happy with them actually. I think they have a range from cheap to expensive depending on fabric. Umm..notable landmarks? They're located at Nana Sky Train station. That should make it quite easy i think...Either ways when in Bangkok - always use the sky train..i've been stuck in mad traffic for nearly 1.5 hour before!

Rivers 01-02-2010 04:39 PM

Anyone got advice as to who makes a good casual blazer / jacket? Thought of trying armani but don't know if they excel in that.

Think most of them do business jackets more than anything?

honneblue 19-02-2010 04:07 AM

Happy tailoring

I just got back from Savile Row. I took my husband's measurements (and he is a big man, certainly not 'normal' size). I had a linen suit made for him. I did take the pants to get copied but we didn't have a jacket.Narry and Aron double checked all the measurements and suggested the arms weren't long enough - so they made them a little longer(and surely enough, they were right). The workmanship in the linen jacket is exceptional, especially for the price.
Most of my items are pretty good too - although I must say I think the work on my husband's clothes was better than some of mine. I took some very expensive "Britsh India" brand cotton tops and Narry copied them perfectly and at about a quarter of their usual price.I am going to take the items I am not so happy with back next time I am in BKK (next year) and get them fixed up. Of course, this is another example of how it's better to allow time for two trips for tweaking, but even without that, this is very good quality for the price.They also made suits for Ng chee ker (Chief of Republic of Singapore Air Force)

zerosum1234 24-02-2010 09:17 AM

anyone tried tailoring JEANS in bangkok?
retail jeans don't fit my size so im looking for tailor options.
found one so far but quite pricey.

biodraft 24-02-2010 03:31 PM

can i say that generally i can get a proper shirt tailored at around 1000 baht per piece?

chase79 24-02-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aHRoy1985 (Post 43406923)

damage how much??

xtc1977 24-02-2010 09:17 PM

Dear all,

Thank you for sharing so much info on the tailors. Very helpful for a 1st timer like me and I will be there this wkend.

Can I check if the shops accept credit cards for payment? If so, any extra surcharge?
Thk u all in advance.

darknezz 25-02-2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantt (Post 43341914)
sorry..didnt mean to be all sarcastic! I was just questining the whole cashmere thing. Thats all. But if you think you got what you paid for, then i'm not going to argue with you!

i jus realise that the name of the fabric is actually sewn onto the inside of my pants back pocket, it says "cashmere wool"

how do i post a picture here? i clicked on "insert image" icon and it asks for an internet link

darknezz 25-02-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtc1977 (Post 44199123)
Can I check if the shops accept credit cards for payment? If so, any extra surcharge?

my frd paid at pinky using credit card not sure about the surcharges but i guess they (pinky) does not charge extra, but generally the exchange rate is unfavorable if i am not wrong

bwaysaigan 25-02-2010 02:01 AM

prior to CNY my trip
i got 6 biz ls shirts 5 biz pantys for 13000 cash @ this place near montien silom
forgot the name of the place - shirts n pantys no tags also.

kana carrot ?

kanashii23 25-02-2010 11:32 AM

generally l/s shirt cost 1000 baht & above and pant from 1500 baht and above if i am not wrong