Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend?

derrick14

Reaction score
does crown or boss need to make appointment? i'm thinking of making 1 or 2 shirts when i go bkk next month..

louisoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have a hugo boss blazer that is a little big now that i have lost some weight... Overall think need to shorten the length but main reduction will be at chest and waist areas... shoulders still ok. Would it be recommended to bring over to bkk and amend? would anyone know hw much it would cost?

or is it not even possible/cost effective to make these changes at all... meaning maybe just tailor a new one at bkk?

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have a hugo boss blazer that is a little big now that i have lost some weight... Overall think need to shorten the length but main reduction will be at chest and waist areas... shoulders still ok. Would it be recommended to bring over to bkk and amend? would anyone know hw much it would cost?

or is it not even possible/cost effective to make these changes at all... meaning maybe just tailor a new one at bkk?

just go make new one lah So2 :s13:

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what about boss avenue? need to make appointment?

most tailors can just walk in one no need appointment. see u heng suay if crowded or not loh. try go earlier in the morning when they open, likely its not crowded.

derrick14

Reaction score
most tailors can just walk in one no need appointment. see u heng suay if crowded or not loh. try go earlier in the morning when they open, likely its not crowded.

thanks bro.. maybe i will just go down earlier to take a look.. crown and boss is near each other right?

Presto80

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got mine there but i must say for the lower priced ones, selection is poor
the middle price range ones have significantly wider selection

when i was there for 2 3 days
didnt see a single local , all expats and tourists

seeing their customer mix, you know why the price is as it is

ermm 1700 is the cheapest for TOT.. do you mean the selection is poor for this price?

Yep! Leap of faith :p Shirts start at 1700 each, but its 100% cotton and the fitting process is good.

I'd argue there's other things affecting the price...
Get what you pay for | Tailor On Ten

Also, when I was there, they had a whole wall full of the cheaper shirt fabrics.
hows the selection like for 1700 price range?
how abt customization cost like the contrast, double collar etc?

thanx

TiggerD

Reaction score
Presto,

I'd guess about 80-100 options for the cheaper fabrics. It was a whole wall. Not sure how many, but looked like a bunch.

No cost for contrast. Including various contrast fabric and thread color. Not sure about dbl collars, never checked.

Presto80

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Presto,

I'd guess about 80-100 options for the cheaper fabrics. It was a whole wall. Not sure how many, but looked like a bunch.

No cost for contrast. Including various contrast fabric and thread color. Not sure about dbl collars, never checked.

thanx for the info..
is 1700 quality ok? 80-100 sounds alot as crown fabrics is too limited.
will skip them for upcoming trip

anever

Reaction score
greetings all,

this thread has been helpful for my search for a gd tailor during my visit to bkk afew days back..

recee the nana bts area (including jsaper + some other random shops) and decided to go boss avenue.

Pricing
3x 2-ply 100% cotton @ 1300 each
2x 30% wool @ 1500 each

total dmg = 6500 post discount

price comparison for shirt (jsaper price)
1) 80% cotton = 950 (800)
2) 100% cotton = 1100 (1200)
3) 2 ply 100% = 1300 (forgot)

pants at jsaper (soi 11, spelling is wrong but whatever...) for the same material/very similar as the one i got at Boss is 1200 but i am lazy to walk to 2 places for fitting... in case outcome is poor, i have to kpkb at 2 places.

this is the 3rd tailor i visited in thailand (greenhorn, entered the workforce in 2013 with a weird body shape so i have to go tailor, bo bian) and boss is not the cheapest. during my previous 2 visits somewhere else, i got 6 x 1-ply 100% cotton at 800 baht each but later found out 2 of them to be 80% cotton... still cheap. workmanship for boss is better than the previous 2 (cannot commend on durability yet), service is much better as well, dave and VJ were helpful and honest with their feedbacks during fitting, they could smoke their way thru which meant less work from adjustments but they didnt.

if all goes well, will most prob stick with them for shirts until fabric options run out.. pants wise, i may try jsaper next, for the price.

ps. met a singaporean, he made 2x suit at 5000 (post discount) with the same material as the 1500 wool for pants. cutting and all is great.

denial86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going BKK next Friday. Wanted to bring the fiancé to make pants cause he keeps complaining that his pants don't fit anymore. :s13:

Due to time constrains I was targeting the tailors at Amara Watergate as it's opposite our hotel. I think there's a Paul's Fashion and Alex Fashion? Anyone has experience there before? Wanna confirm that the quality and workmanship is acceptable.

Would be great if someone can also let me know the average price for a pair of pants and types of material I should look out for so as not to get chopped. Thaaaanks!! :s12:

freakedoutx

Reaction score
Waiting for response too. My hotel is nearer to Alex & Paul fashion as compared to having to take the BTS down to nana for crown or boss avenue :D

TiggerD

Reaction score
Presto,

Yeah, the materials are great! I only picked them and a few for 2200.

Freakedout and Denial,

I have no personal experience of those, but have a look at TripAdvisor. They don't show up high...
You're probably about a 10 min walk from BTS, to get to the reputable ones around Nana. Pants are usually quick/easy to make, so time constraints are less of an issue.

My only advice is
a) be sure you like the fit! (that's the whole point if custom; prefect feel, perfect look) and
b) don't go with polyester blends! That's why some shops seem so cheap. There's a big proportion of poly (even when it says "wool" along the fabric edge). This makes the fabric unbreathable, which is highly uncomfortable for SEA weather...

Not sure about prices overall (further down in this thread?), but TOT have their prices online here!!

Presto80

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Presto,

good to hear that..will go TOT and try it..
most prob will just get 1700, dont intend to spend too much on shirt.

any appointment required?

thanx

TiggerD

Reaction score
You can walk in, but they get *busy* and obv has to prioritise appointment clients. There's a contact form on the website, only takes a few seconds to let them know :)

reign

Reaction score
Suggest that u make appt with them as they can be busy with other clients. Another shop u can review is Crown with is at the left side of Soi 8.

For me i will engage the motorcycle to ferry over to TOT as lazy to walk under the Brazing heat. We got the deal at 10B per pax.

Presto80

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can walk in, but they get *busy* and obv has to prioritise appointment clients. There's a contact form on the website, only takes a few seconds to let them know :)

Suggest that u make appt with them as they can be busy with other clients. Another shop u can review is Crown with is at the left side of Soi 8.

For me i will engage the motorcycle to ferry over to TOT as lazy to walk under the Brazing heat. We got the deal at 10B per pax.

ok thanx..
will make an appt soon.
hopefully this will be a great tailoring.

I have been to crown but just find the fabric too limited.

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Just did my shirts (1000) and work pants (1400) at Armani (Nana station). Pretty good. Been going back to them 2nd time already.

denial86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Presto,

Freakedout and Denial,

I have no personal experience of those, but have a look at TripAdvisor. They don't show up high...
You're probably about a 10 min walk from BTS, to get to the reputable ones around Nana. Pants are usually quick/easy to make, so time constraints are less of an issue.

My only advice is
a) be sure you like the fit! (that's the whole point if custom; prefect feel, perfect look) and
b) don't go with polyester blends! That's why some shops seem so cheap. There's a big proportion of poly (even when it says "wool" along the fabric edge). This makes the fabric unbreathable, which is highly uncomfortable for SEA weather...

Not sure about prices overall (further down in this thread?), but TOT have their prices online here!!

Thanks for the advice! Will look into stopping by NANA BTS if time permits. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.