www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

xtwis7 26-08-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KGuanZ (Post 78812432)
Guys. Anybody had did their suit at crown before? Is it normal to have a buttonhole on the lapel? Need urgent response. Thanks

actually no. Depends on the lapel. Most notched lapel don't have. Most peak lapels have.

Weaboo 26-08-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 78744800)
I don't think they have this offer anymore? But I would recommend just take their 2-ply range at 1250 cause single ply and blended is really not comfortable to wear. Then again, depends on your budget.

the thickness is how thick? i need very thick casual shirts + a suit.

xtwis7 26-08-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weaboo (Post 79028345)
the thickness is how thick? i need very thick casual shirts + a suit.

All depends on what weaves are the shirts. Oxfords are usually the thickest.

grantt 26-08-2013 11:39 PM

If you need very thick shirts, depending on how thick you are talking, i've seen some of my mates use chino fabric to make shirt too. Super thick - just in case you need that thick :) Otherwise i think like xtwis said, oxfords or maybe even dobby's probably best. I do enjoy some twill weaves though for daily wear.

G0500474 27-08-2013 04:58 PM

Sorry, anyone got quotes from Boss Avenue and Crown for 2-ply cotton?

I wrote in to ask them about prices for 6 shirts and got quoted
1) 1,500 baht per shirt for 1-ply cotton
2) 1,300 baht per shirt for 2-ply cotton.

aldente 27-08-2013 05:48 PM

the shirts you all make are all so loud, may i know what age group are you guys in?

grantt 27-08-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G0500474 (Post 79052120)

I don't think these prices make sense. 2 ply's are more expensive than 1 ply's.

techman03 28-08-2013 02:07 AM

hi guys how long does it take for boss or crown to make shirts?
il be in bangkok on aug.31 touchdown at 7pm not sure if i can make it by 10pm?

anyone knows if theyre open on sundays?
would they be able to tailor clothes til maybe early tuesday?
coz il only be there for til tuesday. sep3

TIA guys!

xtwis7 28-08-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Think they quoted you in reverse. Boss is 1250 for 2-ply. But just make a trip down and talk face to face. It'll be much more pleasant.

G0500474 28-08-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Sorry my bad for not being clear.
1,500 baht per shirt for 1-ply cotton was quoted to be from Crown
1,300 baht per shirt for 2-ply cotton was quoted to be from Boss Avenue.

That's why I was shocked with the cost disparity.

xtwis7 28-08-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G0500474 (Post 79075970)

Well, fabric differences? But 2-ply at Boss is reasonable for me. All depends on your expectations. They are not your bespoke tailors but they get the job done at giving you a shirt at a pretty affordable price I would say. $50 for a 2-ply may be expensive to some but also affordable to others. Well, take online quotes with a pinch of salt as best negotiated in person.

mikepang 28-08-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G0500474 (Post 79075970)

Bro, maybe you should also try getting quotes from other places too eg. Tailor on Ten, Jhasper Fashion and then decide?

KGuanZ 28-08-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techman03 (Post 79064823)
hi guys how long does it take for boss or crown to make shirts?
il be in bangkok on aug.31 touchdown at 7pm not sure if i can make it by 10pm?

anyone knows if theyre open on sundays?
would they be able to tailor clothes til maybe early tuesday?
coz il only be there for til tuesday. sep3

TIA guys!

Hmm from what i see from crown, you wont be able to make it on 31 aug. They closed their shop ard 8+ and they do not open on sunday as the factory is close too.
If you go on monday morning, the earliest they can finish up the shirt is by tuesday 1 or 2pm. But that is provided you dont need anymore alteration. Best is for you to email to crown and ask if they are able to finish up within your time frame.

walkerz 31-08-2013 12:55 PM

bad experience with Alex Fashion

Would like to share my bad experience with Alex Fashion.

Recently decided to try their services when they were in town.

My brother and I tailored a total of 5 shirts, just to see how good they were. ALL 5 shirts came back badly fitted (despite giving them a sample) and without double stitching, which I think is a basic requirement for tailored shirts.

I decided to send it back to get it re-adjusted and was promised a perfect fit, as they admitted they "calculated" the figures wrongly (added more inches to the original measurements).

The re-adjusted shirts were just as bad!

I had no choice to get it done at a local tailor and was promised that I would be able to offset the cost on my next purchase.

Because of this, I decided to do shirts again with them (so as to claim back the money I spent to get it adjusted). I also told them I would be collecting it personally when I visited BKK, so that I can ensure a good fit and make adjustments in BKK, if necessary. They agreed.

To cut the story short,

1. The shirts were not ready for collection in BKK and they agreed to send it to me instead
2. This time round, the shirt was reasonably okay. BUT now I had one cuff bigger than the other.

I contacted them again and was told if I decided to send it back, it would be at my own expense and I would have to pay for monogramming again (btw, the shirts are already monogrammed).

Their reply was "they are already losing money"

To quote their reply to me:

"for your info, pls realise you are one of the most fussy customer any tailor would want to service with your behavior..in our business we cannot satisfy 100% customer..you don't expect us to check all 1000 shirts from export order each trip...no tailor will do that..."

Just for info, everyone.

xtwis7 31-08-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkerz (Post 79149093)
Would like to share my bad experience with Alex Fashion.

Recently decided to try their services when they were in town.

My brother and I tailored a total of 5 shirts, just to see how good they were. ALL 5 shirts came back badly fitted (despite giving them a sample) and without double stitching, which I think is a basic requirement for tailored shirts.

I decided to send it back to get it re-adjusted and was promised a perfect fit, as they admitted they "calculated" the figures wrongly (added more inches to the original measurements).

The re-adjusted shirts were just as bad!

I had no choice to get it done at a local tailor and was promised that I would be able to offset the cost on my next purchase.

Because of this, I decided to do shirts again with them (so as to claim back the money I spent to get it adjusted). I also told them I would be collecting it personally when I visited BKK, so that I can ensure a good fit and make adjustments in BKK, if necessary. They agreed.

To cut the story short,

1. The shirts were not ready for collection in BKK and they agreed to send it to me instead
2. This time round, the shirt was reasonably okay. BUT now I had one cuff bigger than the other.

I contacted them again and was told if I decided to send it back, it would be at my own expense and I would have to pay for monogramming again (btw, the shirts are already monogrammed).

Their reply was "they are already losing money"

To quote their reply to me:

"for your info, pls realise you are one of the most fussy customer any tailor would want to service with your behavior..in our business we cannot satisfy 100% customer..you don't expect us to check all 1000 shirts from export order each trip...no tailor will do that..."

Just for info, everyone.

Sorry for your experience. Based on their replies, definitely one to blacklist and avoid in future. They did not offer you any fitting at all before making all 5 shirts? How much did you pay for your shirts?