www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

walkerz 31-08-2013 08:25 PM

No fitting as the I gave them a sample to follow. Was told that the fit wld be similar to the sample. Technically speaking, nothing shld go wrong with a sample. Yet, the whole construction was very poorly done.

Forgotten to mention earlier. when I enquired abt double stitching, was told that if I insisted on double stitching, they wont do any adjustment thereafter. Was very puzzled with their reply.

To quote, " our company usually dont provide double stitching.....only sometimes on request but do note if any alteration occurs on double stitching our tailors r reluctant to do it due to too much time consumed."

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 79149375)
Sorry for your experience. Based on their replies, definitely one to blacklist and avoid in future. They did not offer you any fitting at all before making all 5 shirts? How much did you pay for your shirts?

xtwis7 01-09-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkerz (Post 79158239)
No fitting as the I gave them a sample to follow. Was told that the fit wld be similar to the sample. Technically speaking, nothing shld go wrong with a sample. Yet, the whole construction was very poorly done.

Forgotten to mention earlier. when I enquired abt double stitching, was told that if I insisted on double stitching, they wont do any adjustment thereafter. Was very puzzled with their reply.

To quote, " our company usually dont provide double stitching.....only sometimes on request but do note if any alteration occurs on double stitching our tailors r reluctant to do it due to too much time consumed."

Really unfortunate, hope it didn't cost you that much either. These kind of tailors who give these kind of replies should never be patronized. If they have whatever review on other sites, go ahead and give them a negative score.

grantt 01-09-2013 03:46 AM

wow - unbelievable service to write that "fussy customer" part!

elf108 01-09-2013 10:45 PM

Tried Alex fashion at amari too, not happy with the shirts also.
The fitting was ok, so i thought the rest of the shirt should be fine.

Came back SG and tried, white shirt shoulder uneven, kinda obvious for white shirt tmd. Black shirt appear tigher, not sure if material cause it therefore inconsistency fitting with all shirts. Even my father ironing my shirt also comment the worksmanship not good.

Guess singaporean can avoid the 4 shirt + 1 pants S$196 "special" pricing. Even shirt bought from g2000 are more fitting.

Jordan Chang 04-09-2013 10:25 AM

my friend has just dropped one size and he asked if his old suit/jacket can be altered? i told him that he is better off making a new one. but does anyone have experience in altering a jacket?

thanks in advance.

Xeniel 08-09-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Chang (Post 79256091)
my friend has just dropped one size and he asked if his old suit/jacket can be altered? i told him that he is better off making a new one. but does anyone have experience in altering a jacket?

thanks in advance.

Shoulders are the hardest to alter. If your friend needs that changed, better off getting a new one.

Weaboo 14-09-2013 03:21 AM

any good tailors near baiyoke? staying from friday to monday next week.

chinchaijiak 16-09-2013 02:06 PM

i just engaged Alex fashion's service. My experience with Alex Fashion is they will make the shirt slightly bigger (which i don't know why), maybe so that making it smaller is easier than bigger.

Twice, the end product is always bigger, especially at the chest area and underarm area.

I will not tailor any shirt if i do not have the chance to go for fitting cus i don't trust that a tailor can do a good job without fitting. Maybe i'm wrong but i just will not do that.

I took the measurement in Singapore when they're here and i collected my shirts in Bangkok.

As expected, the shirts are bigger during the first fitting and after i told them exactly what i want and they readily made amendment as per my request.

The second fitting is perfect. I tried on all 5 shirts just to be sure and all 5 shirts come in the same measurement.

I paid for about S$35.00 + S$5.00 (for some extra stuff) for one shirt and is quite satisfied with it.

walkerz 17-09-2013 05:49 PM

So I guess moral of the story is not to engage Alex Fashion if you can't get a fitting done. BUT what I find puzzling is why can't a shirt be copied correctly?

Oh I forgot to mention, one shld stay away from his $40 fabrics ($35 if you collect it in BKk). Its really low quality - poly/cotton 1ply blends with extremely loose weaving. RRegretted using that range of fabric.

Just my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinchaijiak (Post 79574369)
i just engaged Alex fashion's service. My experience with Alex Fashion is they will make the shirt slightly bigger (which i don't know why), maybe so that making it smaller is easier than bigger.

Twice, the end product is always bigger, especially at the chest area and underarm area.

I will not tailor any shirt if i do not have the chance to go for fitting cus i don't trust that a tailor can do a good job without fitting. Maybe i'm wrong but i just will not do that.

I took the measurement in Singapore when they're here and i collected my shirts in Bangkok.

As expected, the shirts are bigger during the first fitting and after i told them exactly what i want and they readily made amendment as per my request.

The second fitting is perfect. I tried on all 5 shirts just to be sure and all 5 shirts come in the same measurement.

I paid for about S$35.00 + S$5.00 (for some extra stuff) for one shirt and is quite satisfied with it.

seand92 24-09-2013 12:08 AM

Hi guys,

will be heading to bangkok in about 2 weeks.

can anyone give an indication of how much a shirt would cost at crown tailors?

and has anyone been to empire tailors? are they good? and how much would a shirt cost?

Thanks in advance!

cheers!

methoddingo 27-09-2013 01:15 PM

For Crown, their cheapest tailored shirt is THB 1,200.

xtwis7 30-09-2013 08:47 AM

Empire is pricey man. Shirts can go up to 3k baht so they're different from crown and the rest. Empire serves a different segment I guess. Mostly expats who will pay.

s7460597 30-09-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 79963835)
Empire is pricey man. Shirts can go up to 3k baht so they're different from crown and the rest. Empire serves a different segment I guess. Mostly expats who will pay.

The next question is do they provide value for the money? Of course it can be subjective.

They do have good reviews in Tripadvisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...s-Bangkok.html

plakat 13-10-2013 09:19 PM

Personally tailored 3 shirts from Crown. Made 1 shirt with 100% cotton that shrivelled up like giam chye after 1 wash. Other 2 basic shirts didn't fit me very well and was SUPER thin and translucent. Not to mention was so short that I had to go to the washroom to tuck my shirt back in after every few hours.
End up all 3 shirts all thrown away.

However I need to add that the poor fit was also partly due to the fact that I didn't personally collect the shirt. It was collected on my behalf.

Panzerf 14-10-2013 09:55 AM

Cannot blame anyone if u choose the wrong fabrics yourself. Do a test on the fabric by crumpling it roughly before selection